Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: "Big News Coming"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 2, 2013 20:57

Suspect the RS app hints at news about director Paul Dugdale's Hyde Park project.

I’m directing a film for The Rolling Stones

Hyde Park. London England. Summer 2013

[dugdale.tv]

Re: Announcement tomorrow
Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: September 2, 2013 21:04

That's why they put the itunes up for a month only then. They know the fanbase will buy both now.

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: September 2, 2013 21:18

Also the from the statement it looks as though the 50 & Counting Tour is over. So any new tour will be for another album or another name.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 2, 2013 21:55

money money money. thats what jagger wants....................

Not from me

Jeroen

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 2, 2013 21:57

Yes, I think it's only refreshing that they are up to something new and
come up with a new theme. That Grrregory guy is quite ugly to be honest...

But, I really hope we will see Mick Taylor with the Stones anyway.

And I hope they will really play more of those old "obscure songs" in the case there will not be a new album but it's possible that they will record only a couple of new songs instead of a whole album.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 2, 2013 21:59

Just got a message from Stones Twitter, announcement coming tomorrow about Hyde Park shows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 2, 2013 22:20

yeah, just listened to rADIO bLAH bLAH, THE 2014 TOUR IS ON...........
560 SHOWS IN 2014

hURRAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jEROEN

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 2, 2013 22:50

560? That's a lot smiling smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 2, 2013 23:22

Bluray announcement

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 2, 2013 23:23

angee
Just got a message from Stones Twitter, announcement coming tomorrow about Hyde Park shows.

Rolling Stones "official" Twitter has been tweeting about the 40th anniversary of 'Goats Head Soup'.

Haven't seen any mention of an announcement tomorrow.

[twitter.com]

Date: September 2, 2013 23:37

Adams
560? That's a lot smiling smiley

NOT ENOUGH.

jEROEN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 2, 2013 23:40

bye bye johnny
angee

Rolling Stones "official" Twitter has been tweeting about the 40th anniversary of 'Goats Head Soup'.

Haven't seen any mention of an announcement tomorrow.

[twitter.com]

Oh, sorry, this notice of a coming announcement came over the RS app today, twice. Not Twitter.
Maybe it's about the film of Hyde Park you mentioned.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-02 23:41 by angee.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 2, 2013 23:43

I got the tweet then the message on the app, and (as shown) it refers specifically to Hyde Park. So, despite all the many comments on the app, I imagine it's a DVD rather than a tour (which would have no relevance to the message unless they're playing HP yet again).

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 3, 2013 01:29

Aquamarine
I got the tweet then the message on the app, and (as shown) it refers specifically to Hyde Park. So, despite all the many comments on the app, I imagine it's a DVD rather than a tour (which would have no relevance to the message unless they're playing HP yet again).

Yeah, I don't see how it spun into tour rumors. The message specifically stated the news is about the Hyde Park shows that topped off the 50 and counting tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 3, 2013 02:49

Yep, got a notification on my iPhone from the RS APP, I'm hoping/guessing this will be a DVD/BluRay with 3D for the BluRay as they had these expensive cameras in action on the 6th and 13th. 3D is amazing, heck even my 3D crappy Panasonic 3D1 footage takes me back there so that should be a treat!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: September 3, 2013 02:58

At first when I saw the title of this thread I was hoping for the rumored Sticky Fingers reissue. But come to think of it, Bob Clearmountain did confirm that Hyde Park will be released on DVD.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 3, 2013 03:30

Wonder if we'll get Keith's reinterpretation of the beginning of "Start Me Up"? smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: September 3, 2013 04:25

They just finish two months of shows, most great, from the US, and yet they keep hitting us over the head with HydePark, not even the better of the short UK gigs.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 3, 2013 06:26

But still good shows, and I'm sure they had all this planned in advance, hence the previously mentioned expensive cameras at HP. They may have been less confident about how their Glastonbury debut would go.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 3, 2013 06:51

Aquamarine
But still good shows, and I'm sure they had all this planned in advance, hence the previously mentioned expensive cameras at HP. They may have been less confident about how their Glastonbury debut would go.

They're not into doing these TV things whatever without multiple shows usually (exception being the Miami 1994 PPV and 1997 PPV, both while on tour). They recorded the first MSG show from the Licks tour for a back up for the second show PPV (and Four Flicks DVD). They obviously used some of it to fix mistakes. And those were on tour shows in arenas.

Glastonbury is a festival. No telling what could go wrong. Of course Hyde Park was planned in advance - there is no other way to plan.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 3, 2013 09:28

Aquamarine

Yes, and I think (supposed) Jagger's demand to have T3 tiers to FOS, which caused (rightly) heat also here (even though we don't know how much we have of AEG to thank for the "fiasco"), was part of a bigger plan to make it all "look good" for the cameras. And it will look good if they managed to capture anything of the great atmosphere there.

RE Glastonbury - another great atmosphere and historical gig (compared to any "ordinary" arena show in US) - I suppose it was partly a difficult thing (apart not knowing the audience reaction beforehand - or how they would play under those conditions) due to television deals the festival has. It wouldn't be totally in their hands hands to get the maximal profit from its DVD release. In Hyde Park they can control 100% when and what to release. And of course, there is a bigger story there, The Stones in the Park...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-03 09:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 3, 2013 10:50

I hope that they release one of the 02 shows shortly as well

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: September 3, 2013 11:16

We talked to some guys of the film team at Hyde Park after the show on July 6. They said that the Hyde Park shows will be released as DVD around Christmas... However, given the Stones app. pre-announcement, they might have changed their plans, we'll see shortly.

Posted by: nobodysbusiness ()
Date: September 3, 2013 11:31

I get totally bewildered on a day to day basis by the people who are so negative about the Stones and here we go again over the release of this new DVD set. This is for the thousands who were there and the thousands who weren't. It's not about wether it was the best show they ever played, it's about this Show. The two Hyde Park shows were fantastic and worth every penny for tickets, travel, Hotels both weeks, I personally can't wait to see what the DVD/package will be and it's going to be an agonising wait until it's released. The thought of reliving the shows again is wonderful and I'm sure it'll be up to the usual standards of the Biggest Bang Box and Four Flicks. Embrace it, enjoy it, they won't be around forever. This is great news and I for one am loving it.

Date: September 3, 2013 11:33

nobodysbusiness
I get totally bewildered on a day to day basis by the people who are so negative about the Stones and here we go again over the release of this new DVD set. This is for the thousands who were there and the thousands who weren't. It's not about wether it was the best show they ever played, it's about this Show. The two Hyde Park shows were fantastic and worth every penny for tickets, travel, Hotels both weeks, I personally can't wait to see what the DVD/package will be and it's going to be an agonising wait until it's released. The thought of reliving the shows again is wonderful and I'm sure it'll be up to the usual standards of the Biggest Bang Box and Four Flicks. Embrace it, enjoy it, they won't be around forever. This is great news and I for one am loving it.

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 3, 2013 11:37

Ditto and if they have 3D on the BluRay it's going to be something to remember even more for sure...I wouldn't put it pas the Stones to kickstart 3D back into the light ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: September 3, 2013 11:42

nobodysbusiness

thumbs up
I guess there will be extras with the preshow fanvideos and maybe some clips from other shows, like the O2 shows (I hope)....

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 3, 2013 12:02

the rear camera was effectively a kind of technological one
here is the pic I took

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 3, 2013 12:03

hahaha stones will rollling out again with new dvd for the fans who love the band.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE SINCE 1968
JUMPING JACK FLASH,GAS,GAS,GAS.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 3, 2013 12:14

gotdablouse
Ditto and if they have 3D on the BluRay it's going to be something to remember even more for sure...I wouldn't put it pas the Stones to kickstart 3D back into the light ;-)

i hope for a 3d too...Stones often used the modern technics as "first"....imax,forty licks multi angle views...
since im tech noob, i only see a huuuuge camera on this pic,...but maybe someone else here,knows what technic might stand behind this monster

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home