Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: RS App: Big News Coming September 4
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:00

Maybe Jagger is the biggest rat in the world? What do YOU think?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:19

I hope the Sticky Fingers Deluxe still happens this year!!!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:21

Godxofxrock9
The Rolling Stones, with Eagle Rock Entertainment today announce the DVD and Blu-Ray release of The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live. Available from 11 November 2013, Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live chronicles the Rolling Stones’ historic and triumphant return to London’s Hyde Park with a 2-hour live concert and highlights package including new and unseen backstage footage.

This summer, over 100,000 delirious fans packed into Hyde Park for two spectacular outdoor concerts to see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood do what they do best. The Stones delivered a five star performance packed full of hits such as ‘Start Me Up’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Miss You’, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll’, ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘Doom And Gloom’ and ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, as well as one or two surprises.

Mick Jagger said: “It was a great gig…It was beautiful with the sun going down over Hyde Park. I can’t think of a better way celebrate the Rolling Stones’ 50 than doing it on our home patch in front of 100,000 people on a glorious summer night…enjoy it… we certainly did.”

Keith Richards commented: “Coming back to Hyde Park was like a full circle being drawn, and the band were in top form. We thought what could be more appropriate than having a great summer in London!”

From the second the Rolling Stones stepped out onto the stage each night, through to the dazzling firework and pyrotechnic display that heralded the end of the concert, fans old and new were treated to a non-stop, hit after hit performance, which took them through the Stones’ huge back catalogue. Keith Richards wowed the crowds by weaving his charismatic guitar licks with Ronnie Wood’s immense solos, Mick Jagger was on spectacular form, his boundless energy on stage matched by a number of stunning outfit changes, and Charlie Watts the unflappable heartbeat of the band, driving the band on through the set.

Former guitarist Mick Taylor – whose live debut with the Stones took place at the original 1969 Hyde Park concert – joined the band on stage to guest on the bluesy ‘Midnight Rambler’ and on closing track ‘Satisfaction’, whilst long-term live band members Lisa Fischer, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Bobby Keys and Tim Ries all added their inimitable flair and finesse.

The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live is the perfect way for concert-goers to relive their favourite memories from the gigs, and for their fans to see the band back where they truly belong: live on the stage in their hometown.

TRACKLISTING:

DVD & Blu-ray

1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Street Fighting Man 4) Ruby Tuesday 5) Doom And Gloom 6) Honky Tonk Women 7) You Got The Silver Happy 9) Miss You 10) Midnight Rambler 11) Gimme Shelter 12) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 13) Sympathy For The Devil 14) Brown Sugar 15) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 16) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

CD

Disc One: 1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Tumbling Dice 4) Emotional Rescue 5) Street Fighting Man 6) Ruby Tuesday 7) Doom And Gloom Paint It Black 9) Honky Tonk Women 10) You Got The Silver 11) Before They Make Me Run

Disc Two: 1) Miss You 2) Midnight Rambler 3) Gimme Shelter 4) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 5) Sympathy For The Devil 6) Brown Sugar 7) You Can’t Always Get What You Want (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

LP

Side A: 1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Tumbling Dice 4) Emotional Rescue

Side B: 1) Street Fighting Man 2) Ruby Tuesday 3) Doom And Gloom 4) Paint It Black

Side C: 1) Honky Tonk Women 2) You Got The Silver 3) Before They Make Me Run 4) Miss You

Side D: 1) Midnight Rambler 2) Gimme Shelter

Side E: 1) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 2) Sympathy For The Devil 3) Brown Sugar

Side F: 1) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 2) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Formats:

DVD

Blu-ray

2CD + DVD

3LP + DVD

Deluxe Edition: 60 page book + DVD + Blu-ray + 2CD

Thnak you for posting the detailed info smileys with beer

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:30

this is absuletly a rip of. hyde park, only available.... on itunes, i´m bored to death with this. yes, i know, don´t buy it bla bla bla... if this is everything they could do for us, instead of releasing something from the tour, guest spots etc..., they really should retire. and not because of their playing etc, because of this. i don´t want another leg of their tour, giving us some product we don´t need/want.. they just put something out, made for the masses without honesty or quality, they f+u+c+k their legacy, and us. now i´m going to listen to play with fire, ´cause they do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 19:30 by bluesinc..

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:33

bluesinc.
this is absuletly a rip of. hyde park, only available.... on itunes, i´m bored to death with this. yes, i know, don´t buy it bla bla bla... if this is everything they could do for us, instead of releasing something from the tour, guest spots etc..., they really should retire. and not because of their playing etc, because of this. i don´t want another leg of their tour, giving us some product we don´t need/want.. they just put something out, made for the masses without honesty or quality, they f+u+c+k their legacy, and us. now i´m going to listen to play with fire, ´cause they do.

did you see the product?

Date: September 4, 2013 19:42

Why are we complaining with a new Stones release coming? The Stones have the most demanding fans in the world smiling smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:47

I have the iTunes download, so will be passing on this one.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:11

Surely this release has a function, as GRRR! had one and many else, and it will make many people happy.

All I hope is that some of the formats - hopefully the DVD release - will contain "Midnight Rambler" from the 13th. Not that I need that (it's in my mind) but it would be a nice piece of exciting music in the middle of safe and sure - and familiar from so many other sources - Stones hit show for all the people who didn't have a chance to be there at present.

- Doxa

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:30

No 3D ?! Why did they have all these fancy cameras then ? Glad I've got my 3D 25' and 52' compilations then ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:50

gotdablouse
No 3D ?! Why did they have all these fancy cameras then ? Glad I've got my 3D 25' and 52' compilations then ;-)

Maybe they will hold back the release of a 3D version so people will have the pleasure of buying it after they've already paid for the usual format.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:54

Harlem Shuffler
gotdablouse

Maybe they will hold back the release of a 3D version so people will have the pleasure of buying it after they've already paid for the usual format.

but already payed two times...

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:56

flacnvinyl
Reasons why I have a difficult time enjoying the sound...

- Charlie's kit.. the snare has no top end, no crack. Just sounds like a loud thud. Cymbals, ride all seem buried.

- Guitars have NO low end. It sounds like everything below 400 was cut from the mix. Keith's riffs all sound thin but he is playing with tons of effort! It should sound great but instead sounds thin.

- Bass is way too loud in the mix. This is a popular mixing technique... thin guitars, fat bass. Unfortunately it ends up sounding boomy and muddy simultaneously. If you take an EQ and drop 250Hz by 1db, it helps but adversely effects the kick drum and guitars.

-Ambient sound... for such a huge concert the audience does not have that sound. The ambient mics do not give us a big sound spectrum but instead a narrow one. Way too mid-heavy as well. Also too dang loud at the wrong moments. Volume is used for effect to the detriment of the music. Ronnie's solo on Start Me Up is a prime example.

Compression. The whole dang recording has been over-compressed. Every channel, every bus, every effect and the mastering. There is no room for anything to groove. You only get to 'feel' the atmosphere between songs. During songs the dynamics follow the bass since it is mixed too loud. This means that Charlie, in the mix, plays second to Darryl. I respect Darryl greatly but he is way too loud on this.

Go listen to Light The Fuse... another great performance destroyed by this same style of mixing. Fat loud bass, thin shrill guitars.

Well, this is not only due to mixing. It also has to do with the actual sound which is recorded.
I really don't understand much of your "downpoints" either. What stereo-system are you listening through?
The sound of guitars were never meant to go down and interfere with the bass frequenses. If you want that, you can listen to doom and death metal played on 7 and 8-strings guitars... People on here have been nagging for years about the guitars buried to deep in the mix. Here the guitars are sharp and very much up front, and of course that leads to less space for other instruments. Still I think Charlies snare is quite up front and bright enough. His toms are also more prominent than usual although his tim could have been tuned lower, but I guess he likes it that way just now.

Two things I wish could have been done different though, is lowering the bass especially in its low/mid spectrum and let the bassdrum get a little more meat in that same area and lower
Thinking about the short period of time from the actual concert until the iTunes-release of the recording, I think it's really good.

Maybe with the Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/LP release the've had time to adjust it even more.
Looking forward to this, and even though I bought the iTunes release, I won't hesitate to buy this release too.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:29

audun-eg
flacnvinyl

- Charlie's kit.. the snare has no top end, no crack. Just sounds like a loud thud. Cymbals, ride all seem buried.

- Guitars have NO low end. It sounds like everything below 400 was cut from the mix. Keith's riffs all sound thin but he is playing with tons of effort! It should sound great but instead sounds thin.

- Bass is way too loud in the mix. This is a popular mixing technique... thin guitars, fat bass. Unfortunately it ends up sounding boomy and muddy simultaneously. If you take an EQ and drop 250Hz by 1db, it helps but adversely effects the kick drum and guitars.

-Ambient sound... for such a huge concert the audience does not have that sound. The ambient mics do not give us a big sound spectrum but instead a narrow one. Way too mid-heavy as well. Also too dang loud at the wrong moments. Volume is used for effect to the detriment of the music. Ronnie's solo on Start Me Up is a prime example.

Compression. The whole dang recording has been over-compressed. Every channel, every bus, every effect and the mastering. There is no room for anything to groove. You only get to 'feel' the atmosphere between songs. During songs the dynamics follow the bass since it is mixed too loud. This means that Charlie, in the mix, plays second to Darryl. I respect Darryl greatly but he is way too loud on this.

Go listen to Light The Fuse... another great performance destroyed by this same style of mixing. Fat loud bass, thin shrill guitars.

Well, this is not only due to mixing. It also has to do with the actual sound which is recorded.
I really don't understand much of your "downpoints" either. What stereo-system are you listening through?
The sound of guitars were never meant to go down and interfere with the bass frequenses. If you want that, you can listen to doom and death metal played on 7 and 8-strings guitars... People on here have been nagging for years about the guitars buried to deep in the mix. Here the guitars are sharp and very much up front, and of course that leads to less space for other instruments. Still I think Charlies snare is quite up front and bright enough. His toms are also more prominent than usual although his tim could have been tuned lower, but I guess he likes it that way just now.

Two things I wish could have been done different though, is lowering the bass especially in its low/mid spectrum and let the bassdrum get a little more meat in that same area and lower
Thinking about the short period of time from the actual concert until the iTunes-release of the recording, I think it's really good.

Maybe with the Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/LP release the've had time to adjust it even more.
Looking forward to this, and even though I bought the iTunes release, I won't hesitate to buy this release too.

I don't understand your post. At first it sounds like you disagree but in the end it sounds like you agree?

In terms of my sound system I run a video & audio production company. I have HS-80Ms for loudspeakers with an HS10W sub. By far the most accurate setup I have ever had. Handsome Girls sounds perfect on it!

You say that the guitars are not supposed to interfere with the bass frequencies, which is true. I am not making that argument. Then you agree with me on the bass sound. As I mentioned the 250Hz frequency, but there is just a ton of muddy bass on the recording.

It sounds like you and I agree.. right? The guitars are thin and shrill and the bass guitar sounds boomy, muddy, and is EQ'd too heave in the low mids from 180 to 500 Hz.

And everything is too compressed in every way shape and form.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:53

stonesrule
What do YOU think?

I don't think that much about the Stones. I am just happy with everything they give me.
But that's just stupid little me. I like to be happy. Weird eh

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2013 02:08

Rolling Hansie

I don't think that much about the Stones. I am just happy with everything they give me.
But that's just stupid little me. I like to be happy. Weird eh

smiling smiley and smileys with beer and drinking smiley and more of smileys with beer

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Date: September 5, 2013 02:12

Max smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 5, 2013 02:40

flacnvinyl
I really don't get this. The Stones are the biggest band in the world and their way of treating the fans who made them millionaires is to give them LESS? I am beginning to think Jagger resents us. What gives?

It could be that he does harbor a bit of resentment for the folks who wouldn't support his solo career and pay a minimal sum to see him in concert, but who would mortgage their homes to pay to see him front The Stones.

Mick is always looking forward, but The Stones' concert audience is always looking back, so that finally Mick has to publicly admit (but it is actually a complaint) that the typical Stones concert audience is no longer receptive to new material. So, artistically and stylistically, Mick has to resign himself to being held captive in a sort of time warp, otherwise the majority of fans might feel cheated.

Recall what Mick admitted in interviews at the end of 2012, what his original name for the tour was going to be: "F^ck Off!"

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 5, 2013 20:55

flacnvinyl
audun-eg
flacnvinyl

I don't understand your post. At first it sounds like you disagree but in the end it sounds like you agree?

In terms of my sound system I run a video & audio production company. I have HS-80Ms for loudspeakers with an HS10W sub. By far the most accurate setup I have ever had. Handsome Girls sounds perfect on it!

You say that the guitars are not supposed to interfere with the bass frequencies, which is true. I am not making that argument. Then you agree with me on the bass sound. As I mentioned the 250Hz frequency, but there is just a ton of muddy bass on the recording.

It sounds like you and I agree.. right? The guitars are thin and shrill and the bass guitar sounds boomy, muddy, and is EQ'd too heave in the low mids from 180 to 500 Hz.

And everything is too compressed in every way shape and form.

Well I both agree and disagree, and I guess I wasn't clear enough on that. I like the loud guitars and even the sharpness of them. It kind of bites you. But of course that will make it harder to get other instruments in that frequenzy up and out.
As for muddy bass I like that too in a way. Bill Wyman was/is the ambassador for muddy bass, but of course Darryl doesn't make it all the way there. Not sure if that's something to blame the mixing engineer for.

I guess it's a matter of taste, but after all Stones never were a "Hi-Fi" band recordingwise and I hope they never will be.

English is not my mother tongue, so it's a bit hard to get my opinions and thoughts through in writing, but I hope you see what I mean.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: September 5, 2013 21:39

I understand what you mean. I am still surprised that after all these years a bootleg from 1978 (Handsome Girls) still sounds superior to all official releases

Date: September 5, 2013 22:17

flacnvinyl
I am beginning to think

Always a great start smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 5, 2013 22:20

Can't wait!!!

Date: September 5, 2013 22:30

Rolling Hansie
flacnvinyl
I am beginning to think

Always a great start smiling smiley

Date: September 5, 2013 22:32

Hey, that's Charlie ... cool

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home