Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The IMPERIAL riff....
Date: August 16, 2013 18:01

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

However, here we discussed VB, and the fact that there are some vague quotes about Taylor being surprised of getting credit for this tune doesn't mean anything, imo.

eye popping smiley Doesn't mean anything? Because he doesn't have an "actual knowledge", even though being credited writing the tune. Or because he is "only" Mick Taylor - like Bill Wyman (and sometimes even the otherways trusted man Ronnie Wood - saying that, that is, without any credibility in True Believers' book?

You wonder why I call you a True Believer... Have you ever really doubted that there might be something a bit suspicious in some Stones creditions? I never seen you saying anything of the sort. Never. Always ´defending the "official" truth - what says in credits - against all possible criticism from whatever source.

You make me sound like I am here inventing stuff and spreading some ugly accusations. But there is not anything I have invented, but all is just picked up from many different sources (and some educated guesses are drawn based on them, trying to put everything into a coherent picture). I truely respect those people's opinions and claims who have been there in the process in making all those records and songs, and I take their sayings seriously. Now smoke without fire, and I don't have such a low view of people that I could consider all of them as liers. I see it is as a blind dogmatism to not see it, no matter how much one adores Mick and especially Keith.

So this supposed to be a "hush hush" subject, since we don't have "actual knowledge". But do we also need to ignore people like wyman's, Taylor's and Wood's sayings? Does any of them really matter anything?

- Doxa

Childish post. You can do better.

How can Taylor being surprised with a credit have anything to do with the cheapness of Mick and Keith?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 16, 2013 18:30

I think VB is a coproduction by Keith and Taylor. This outtake (or from the 1972 Dallas tour rehearsals) seems to confirm that. An instrumental gem, proving how great Taylor was during the Exile period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-16 19:14 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 16, 2013 18:31

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 16, 2013 21:29

RockinJive
I don't get Come On's posts. Sorry.

Everyone smiles in the same language...

2 1 2 0

Date: August 16, 2013 22:10

smiling smiley

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: August 16, 2013 22:15

Come On
RockinJive
I don't get Come On's posts. Sorry.

Everyone smiles in the same language...

I get it now.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 17, 2013 21:22

kleermaker
I think VB is a coproduction by Keith and Taylor. This outtake (or from the 1972 Dallas tour rehearsals) seems to confirm that. An instrumental gem, proving how great Taylor was during the Exile period.

It's obvious here that Keith owns the riff and that MT is adding to it. And that kleermaker means tailor as in Mick Taylor

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home