Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney answers fan message that had been lost for 50 years.
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:35

Was on the Belgian news last night.

Re: OT: Macca to play free BBC In Concert show in October
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:55

Silver Dagger
If anyone's interested in trying to get free McCartney tickets for his forthcoming BBC In Concert show in Maida Vale, London, you can apply here.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

More information from today's Daily Telegraph.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

How totally cool, great tip!!

I may not be much of a Beatles fan, but I am a Paul McCartney fan.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:18

I hope some of us here or on the Macca sites get lucky. Over the years have applied for loads of BBC gigs for Eric Clapton,Steve Winwood,Elton John, amongst others, without luck for the big names.
Best one I went to was for Rob Brydon show at Teddington when The Faces were on a couple of years ago. Got lucky cos you don't know who the guests will be ,so good chance for tix. winking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 7, 2013 21:00

I wonder if this also happens with Mick....

Paul McCartney admits to forgetting parts of his back catalogue

'There's a huge period in the '70s - I couldn't tell you what was on the albums then,' says the former Beatles member

Paul McCartney has said that he sometimes forgets what some of his lesser known songs sound like, as he recorded them in a period when he was "befuzzled".

Speaking to NME in this week's issue, which is available digitally and on newsstands now, the former Beatle says that points in the period between The Beatles ending and getting his band Wings started are a mystery to him.

"There's a huge period in the '70s - I couldn't tell you what was on the albums then," says McCartney. "It was a bit befuzzled. It was after the end of The Beatles and I was a bit like, 'Oh God, where are we gonna go now?' Trying to get Wings together. There are some tracks there. I've seen tracklistings and thought, 'I wonder what that one's like?'"

Story from: [www.nme.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2013 07:13

stonehearted

'There's a huge period in the '70s - I couldn't tell you what was on the albums then,' says the former Beatles member

Paul McCartney has said that he sometimes forgets what some of his lesser known songs sound like, as he recorded them in a period when he was "befuzzled".

Speaking to NME in this week's issue, which is available digitally and on newsstands now, the former Beatle says that points in the period between The Beatles ending and getting his band Wings started are a mystery to him.

"There's a huge period in the '70s - I couldn't tell you what was on the albums then," says McCartney. "It was a bit befuzzled. It was after the end of The Beatles and I was a bit like, 'Oh God, where are we gonna go now?' Trying to get Wings together. There are some tracks there. I've seen tracklistings and thought, 'I wonder what that one's like?'"

Story from: [www.nme.com]

Mick claims it does but I don't believe it for a second. This was brought up on the board some time ago and I remember debating it.

Date: October 8, 2013 07:23

treaclefingers
stonehearted

Mick claims it does but I don't believe it for a second. This was brought up on the board some time ago and I remember debating it.

Not to revive that debate--because I wasn't here for it when it was being discussed--but I'd bet you a month's worth of beer that if suddenly called upon to sing any track from Between The Buttons he would need to review a lyrics sheet first.

In the rehearsal footage on the Shine A Light DVD, Mick even had to look over at Chuck to cue him on the lines from She Was Hot, and that one is from the early 80s.

Date: October 8, 2013 08:43

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted

Not to revive that debate--because I wasn't here for it when it was being discussed--but I'd bet you a month's worth of beer that if suddenly called upon to sing any track from Between The Buttons he would need to review a lyrics sheet first.

In the rehearsal footage on the Shine A Light DVD, Mick even had to look over at Chuck to cue him on the lines from She Was Hot, and that one is from the early 80s.

Sorry, misunderstanding. I'm sure he's forgotten the lyrics to lots of songs.

I meant specifically he claims to not know what songs were on what albums. Like 'Factory Girl'..."What album is that song on Bill?"

Mick knows.

Date: October 8, 2013 08:51

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted

I meant specifically he claims to not know what songs were on what albums. Like 'Factory Girl'..."What album is that song on Bill?"

Mick knows.

Ah, I see. But I'm sure you believe Charlie when he says he doesn't know what songs are on which album--because everyone knows he's yet to even listen to a Stones album.

Date: October 8, 2013 09:03

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted

Mick knows.

Ah, I see. But I'm sure you believe Charlie when he says he doesn't know what songs are on which album--because everyone knows he's yet to even listen to a Stones album.

Charlie only plays on half the songs...or was that Bill?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 16, 2013 21:42

Just got in over here in Spain and can see the Macca gig this afternoon is already on the red button for BBC viewers.
Dunno if any fans from here or Macca sites got tix for the free gig.
Very small audience for such a legend. Plenty of chat as well.
Looks good and only on the second song. winking smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 16, 2013 22:05

When was the last time The Stones played a free show?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2013 22:07

Rio in 2006.

Date: October 17, 2013 06:31

Set list:

Coming Up
Save Us
Junior's Farm
We Can Work It Out
New
Queenie Eye
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Get Back

Details at: [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 17, 2013 06:49

Save Us:

OT....McCartney pop-up gig in London this lunchtime..
Date: October 18, 2013 14:24

Yes, I know this is double risky.....an 'OT' thread AND it's about McCartney!
I just wanted to alert anyone in London, that Paul is doing a pop-up gig in Covent Garden this lunchtime, starting at 1.00pm.

Re: OT....McCartney pop-up gig in London this lunchtime..
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 18, 2013 15:01

Please let us know what songs he's doing. Got the album yesterday and it's not bad. Not quite the masterpiece that we've been led to believe but the 2nd half is pretty strong.

Date: October 18, 2013 15:41

Manofwealthandtaste reporting live from Covent Garden.

Set list so far:

God Save Us
Everybody Out There

Date: October 18, 2013 15:45

Another new one.

Greedy Eye.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 18, 2013 17:34

you catch the whole replay here [www.huffingtonpost.co.uk] - good stuff, too bad they haven't rehearsed a 5th new song though...and had to play new twice !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 18, 2013 20:16

I dont like the new album..I'm kinda disapointed by the production, cause..I think McCartney has a great live band on tours - they rock - the drummer is amazing, so why the lame modern synth ridden production on the album.. Dont get it. I was hoping that he would let us enjoy the band he has...

I think he's trying to be hip and stay on the modern edge, big mistake - I get it - but when you have a great kick ass rock n roll band - why make an album that sounds like New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys ? Why compete with those teenagers, why not stay mature. Those new songs would have sounded much better with a real rock n roll garage sound, Hamburg -era Beatles production would have been perfect.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 18, 2013 22:21

seitan
I dont like the new album..I'm kinda disapointed by the production, cause..I think McCartney has a great live band on tours - they rock - the drummer is amazing, so why the lame modern synth ridden production on the album.. Dont get it. I was hoping that he would let us enjoy the band he has...

I think he's trying to be hip and stay on the modern edge, big mistake - I get it - but when you have a great kick ass rock n roll band - why make an album that sounds like New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys ? Why compete with those teenagers, why not stay mature. Those new songs would have sounded much better with a real rock n roll garage sound, Hamburg -era Beatles production would have been perfect.

I don't think the choice of modern production is to be hip. There are only hints of it on the album anyway, it's not like he has made a record with hip-hop beats. On his recent Fireman album, there are plenty of this kind of music, so I think it's more a question of his sideprojects slowly being absorbed into his main albums. Unlike our favourite band on this board, McCartney seems to never stop being curios and experiment with his sound.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 18, 2013 22:34

Blueranger
seitan

I don't think the choice of modern production is to be hip. There are only hints of it on the album anyway, it's not like he has made a record with hip-hop beats. On his recent Fireman album, there are plenty of this kind of music, so I think it's more a question of his sideprojects slowly being absorbed into his main albums. Unlike our favourite band on this board, McCartney seems to never stop being curios and experiment with his sound.

I agree. Kids these days have grown up with Rap and we should respect their interest in Rap Music although it is not music but just verbiage nonsense.

However, when I saw the Stones in Boston (2), there were many young folks who went bezerk seeing the Stones for the first time. In other words, the Stones & Other bands from our era transcend generations whereas, IMO, Rap music will not do the same for future generations.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 18, 2013 22:39

Some rap has already transcended it's time and inspired future generations. That's why it's still around yo.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 18, 2013 23:15

His Majesty
Some rap has already transcended it's time and inspired future generations. That's why it's still around yo.

No disrespect- Barry White, Teddy, will but they are music of substance. Yes there are a couple of Rap songs that will. It will be soon forgotten 2020. The music Stones, CCR, etc.. will still be around

Date: October 19, 2013 00:34

Chris Fountain
His Majesty

No disrespect- Barry White, Teddy, will but they are music of substance. Yes there are a couple of Rap songs that will. It will be soon forgotten 2020. The music Stones, CCR, etc.. will still be around

How can it be forgotten in just over 6 years when....

1) the genre already has its own Hall of Fame

HH HoF at: [hiphophof.tv]

and

2) its very own National Museum (NMOH: [hiphopmuseum.org]), which includes a Mission Statement and a President's Letter:

The National Museum of Hip-Hop (NMoH) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) institution that was founded in late 2005. This 3-phase project, will eventually be housed in a high-tech facility within New York City. I have been leading the charge for this project for more than a few years now. It has been quite a struggle. But my resolve to bring Hip-Hop Culture its first and only institution is just as strong now as it ever was. Hip-Hop needs and deserves this. With your help and a little luck, we will eventually achieve this.

Craig M. Wilson, Co-Founder, President & CEO, National Museum of Hip-Hop

It appears that Hip-Hop is well on its way to institutionalizing itself every bit as much as rock has done.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 19, 2013 01:09

Chris Fountain
His Majesty

Nope, the best of Hip Hop and related music will be sitting right along side the best of other music genres.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-19 01:58 by His Majesty.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 19, 2013 03:34

Real Good CD, The guy is Seven one years old, Quit comparing everything to Band on The Run. Electric Arguments was good as well

Re: OT: McCartney hires stars for new album
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 19, 2013 03:39

seitan
The last time he made a good album was Let It Be
Lay the crack pipe down

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: October 19, 2013 04:04

I love The Beatles and some of Maccas own stuff, but lets be honest here....... The new stuff is utter tripe! If the The Stones came out with such lack lustre material, they would be crucified for it. Macca gets away with murder!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 19, 2013 05:59

blah blah blah. Great album. Love it. Amazing a rocker his age still can sound new, fun, and interesting. Some fantastic music!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home