Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 7, 2014 13:42

i just went to the tour opener 7/5/14 and oh my god what a show this was . such a great band .perfection at it's best from start to finish .40 songs .Macca delivers the goods .for a tour opener he was very crisp with the band . great song selection from the beatles to wings to his solo material .great stage presentation , great sound , great lights , killer pyro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. if anyone has a chance to catch this show just do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: z ()
Date: July 7, 2014 21:06

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 7, 2014 21:30

I just saw that same show in Albany on July 5th and it is something that should not be missed! It's my second Paul show and I will tell you that he goes all out for 3 full hours, no breaks! 41 songs, and his ease at chatting to the audience has no compare. It is an EVENT, to be on everyone's BUCKET LIST! You do not have to DISS PAUL and the Beatles to be a TRUE Stones fan folks! Paul is simply incredible, playing lead guitar, bass, piano,& ukelale. He still maintains his boyish charm! Go see him! You will find it a joyful, uplifting experience!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 7, 2014 23:16

I second every word you wrote, mickschix. Paul is an incredible musician and he puts on an amazing show. I hoped he would do a European tour this winter and that I would be able to see him again, but with the postponed US tours it doesn't look very likely. He did some 20 US dates the last year, 3 shows in Europe and now another 20 shows in the US. Not very fair :-) I hope we will get our share too.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 8, 2014 00:28

Great that he's recovered and rocking! Saw him at Barclay's last year and I heartily concur with the posts above. Fantastic show.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 8, 2014 03:53

tatters
Blueranger
tatters
I hate it when he does stuff like this. Something like this actually happened the last time I saw him, but at least he didn't bring the two idiots up on stage with him. It's getting ridiculous now.

I can't see any problem with this.
He makes people happy and bring them together.
First and foremost, music is a social artform that speaks to our feelings.
Then why not use it to generate happiness amongst people? It can't be pain and suffering and Lou Reed all the time.

I'm sure the people who were unfortunate enough to have been sitting behind this couple were far from happy. Imagine paying many hundreds of dollars for your seats, and then, not only having your view of the concert obstructed by the two signs they must have been holding in the air and frantically waving all night long, but also having to endure the sights and sounds of these fat old slobs singing and carrying on like fools onstage. The whole thing looks strangely pre-planned and rehearsed, like maybe it was part of some VIP SuperFan Experience for which they probably had to pay half a million dollars. People got to keep they fat asses off the stage and in the audience where they belong, and not try to become part of the show.

You might want to check for a large, wooden cylindrical object that's been pushed up your backside.

Date: July 10, 2014 02:43

I hope he does return to Europe, Happy24, so you and your buddies can see this show again. A friend of mine who has attended many Stones shows with me requested that I find great McCartney seats because it was on her Bucket List..really! She couldn't stop saying how surprised she was that Paul was " THAT GREAT!". Now she wants to go to another show! He is a consummate showman, like Jagger! Of course, Mick is a lot more appealing to me but Paul is still a real treat!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 10, 2014 02:46

Looking forward to the Candlestick Park show with Sweetcharmedlife!smileys with beer

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 10, 2014 09:32

Fantastic show tonight in Chicago. My Macca trip started at 4pm checking in for the soundcheck. Had a nice reception with drinks and some pretty good starter food. Then moved down to the arena floor around 5pm and Macca came out to about 130 screaming fans and greeted us and went right into Honey Don't. Very raunchy hard rock version. Then ripped into a very slow riff heavy very strange version of Blue Sued Shoes. He proceeded to play for about an hour. The setlist only had one song he did during the show. The setlist was:
Honey Don't
Blue Sued Shoes
Coming Up
Magical Mystery Tour
C Moon
Forever True? Small snippet and I don't think this is the title, it is a song from Standing Stone
I'll Follow the Sun
Every Night
San Francisco Bay
Midnight Special
Ram On
Lady Madonna
Bluebird
Then we were thanked and we went back up to the conference room and had a wonderful veggie meal. And then went down to my seat and got a wonderful three hour show. Amazing band. Fantastic sound. And McCartney was incredible. The Dorian Grey of Rock n' Roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 18:19 by whitem8.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 10, 2014 09:41

Macca's concerts are as fun as any Rolling Stones concerts. He never fails to entertain anybody who's at his concert, even the casual fans. It's great to hear that you could be at the soundcheck and did listened to that awesome setlist. As awesome as the concert setlist, I assume. smileys with beer

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 10, 2014 15:05

whitem8
Fantastic show tonight in Chicago. My Macca trip started at 4pm checking in for the soundcheck. Had a nice reception with drinks and some pretty good starter food. Then moved down to the arena floor around 5pm and Macca came out to about 130 screaming fans and greeted us and went right into Honey Don't. Very raunchy hard rock version. Then ripped into a very slow riff heavy very strange version of Blue Sued Shoes. He proceeded to play for about an hour. The setlist only had one song he did during the show. The setlist was:
Honey Don't
Blue Sued Shoes
Coming
Magical Mystery Tour
C Moon
Forever True? Small snippet and I don't think this is the title, it is a song from Standing Stone
I'll Follow the Sun
Every Night
San Francisco Bay
Midnight Special
Ram On
Lady Madonna
Bluebird
Then we were thanked and we went back up to the conference room and had a wonderful veggie meal. And then went down to my seat and got a wonderful three hour show. Amazing band. Fantastic sound. And McCartney was incredible. The Dorian Grey of Rock n' Roll.

My goodness. This SOUNDCHECK would be a full show for a lot of acts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 15:07 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 10, 2014 15:23

whitem8, I am sure it was more than fantastic. Good for you!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 10, 2014 23:25

Long John Stoner
tatters
Blueranger
tatters
I hate it when he does stuff like this. Something like this actually happened the last time I saw him, but at least he didn't bring the two idiots up on stage with him. It's getting ridiculous now.

Then why not use it to generate happiness amongst people? It can't be pain and suffering and Lou Reed all the time.

I'm sure the people who were unfortunate enough to have been sitting behind this couple were far from happy. Imagine paying many hundreds of dollars for your seats, and then, not only having your view of the concert obstructed by the two signs they must have been holding in the air and frantically waving all night long, but also having to endure the sights and sounds of these fat old slobs singing and carrying on like fools onstage. The whole thing looks strangely pre-planned and rehearsed, like maybe it was part of some VIP SuperFan Experience for which they probably had to pay half a million dollars. People got to keep they fat asses off the stage and in the audience where they belong, and not try to become part of the show.

You might want to check for a large, wooden cylindrical object that's been pushed up your backside.
I'd like to rent a billboard on Paul's stage for my mustard company. Mean Mr. Mustard's Mustard.

Date: July 10, 2014 23:29

whitem8
Honey Don't
Blue Sued Shoes
Coming Up
Magical Mystery Tour
C Moon
I'll Follow the Sun
Every Night
San Francisco Bay
Midnight Special
Ram On
Lady Madonna
Bluebird
Paul wins The Beatle kingdom by default. Yes his show is great, thrilling, deft defying. He does everything right, tributes, setlists, Beatle suits. Et Et Et..... Still it is not in the same universe as the sloppiest Stones show.
This paying to see a concert sound check rubs me the wrong way, I can't say he's doing anything wrong I just think it's kind of icky.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 23:32 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 10, 2014 23:32

DoomandGloom
whitem8
Honey Don't
Blue Sued Shoes
Coming Up
Magical Mystery Tour
C Moon
I'll Follow the Sun
Every Night
San Francisco Bay
Midnight Special
Ram On
Lady Madonna
Bluebird
Paul wins by default. Yes his show is great, thrilling, deft defying. He does everything right, tributes, setlists, Beatle suits. Et Et Et..... Still it is not in the same universe as the sloppiest Stones show.

Hummm, how could something be in a different universe while being on the same planet?confused smiley

Date: July 10, 2014 23:54

BluzDude
DoomandGloom
whitem8
Honey Don't
Blue Sued Shoes
Coming Up
Magical Mystery Tour
C Moon
I'll Follow the Sun
Every Night
San Francisco Bay
Midnight Special
Ram On
Lady Madonna
Bluebird
Paul wins by default. Yes his show is great, thrilling, deft defying. He does everything right, tributes, setlists, Beatle suits. Et Et Et..... Still it is not in the same universe as the sloppiest Stones show.

Hummm, how could something be in a different universe while being on the same planet?confused smiley
it's complicated.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 11, 2014 01:56

<<how could something be in a different universe while being on the same planet?>>

Through the Looking-Glass and the parallel universe Alice found there....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 11, 2014 10:17

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 11, 2014 11:55

whitem8
Honey Don't
Blue Sued Shoes
Coming Up
Magical Mystery Tour
C Moon
I'll Follow the Sun
Every Night
San Francisco Bay
Midnight Special
Ram On
Lady Madonna
Bluebird

You lucky devil whitem8. That is an amazing setlist. I'd love to hear Ram On live one day. Did he play it on ukelele?

Date: July 11, 2014 20:31

Hey Silver! Yeah, he played it on Uke. One of my favs as well.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 11, 2014 21:00

DoomandGloom
Long John Stoner
tatters
Blueranger
tatters

I'd like to rent a billboard on Paul's stage for my mustard company. Mean Mr. Mustard's Mustard.
Being populistic - that's Macca's strength - never seen him live and would never do so even if I got paid for it.

Date: July 12, 2014 00:12

And doomandgloom. It wasn't icky it was an amazing experience. The sound check was a whole private show in of itself. And only one song of the "sound check" he did during the main show. Open bar, great food, a collectable backpack, t-shipr, and program. Full of great fans and a lot of interesting people. If the Stones did it I would go for sure.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: July 12, 2014 08:00

Macca´s setlists don´t change much during a current tour,
but he always tries something new.
"Benefit Of Mr Kite", "Lovely Rita", "1985", "Day Tripper" were added to the list as 1st timers in the last 2 or 4 years.
I don´t wanna compae this to the Stones, it´s a complete different situation.
I saw the Stones in D´dorf and it was f***** groovy, thanks !!!!!
it´s a different thing
Macca is always great,

Date: July 12, 2014 08:10

And after all, Macca is in controll 24/7

this is not bad or uunsympathetic, he has to do it. with the Stones it´s just all differrent, more risks, etc. but it´s a good year, I guess...
They´re gonna get it right.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 12, 2014 08:14

DON´T GET ME WRONG, NOT EVERY 70 + MUSICIAN HAS TO COPE WITH THIS

I AM JUST HAPPY, THEY´RE HEALTHY

Date: July 14, 2014 01:41

The natural comparisons between Paul's show and A stones concert is the number of songs played and length of the shows. I am not complaining BUT the fact is if Mick were to not RUN around, conserve energy, it would be entirely possible for them to play 30 songs at least. Paul plays 41 songs! I think Mick feels he HAS to run because that's his MO, and I'm sure he does not want to disappoint fans, or appear tired. With a catalog like the Stones have,( and we ALL KNOW that they rehearse a ton of songs that are never played during a show,) they could easier extend the set list. Europeans only got 19 songs each night! I thought 22 was short!
Maybe if they continue touring they will come to the conclusion that it's OK to play a FEW slow songs in a row---like Paul does. He sits at the piano for 20 minutes or more at a time, 3 songs played at the piano...kinda smart really. I would love a longer show, paced differently.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2014 02:04

Sure Mick "runs around", but I'm not so sure Keith can handle a setlist longer than 19 songs any more.
Not knocking good old Keith, but he looks tired the minute he walks out on stage.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 14, 2014 02:13

Frankly a 2 hours+ show is fine by me if I'm standing, honestly at the end I'm exhausted! I was at a Macca show in late 2011 and standing for 3+ hours felt rather long ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

McCartney/Stones setlists
Posted by: Wilt ()
Date: July 14, 2014 19:26

I'm noticing that Paul McCartney routinely does 30+ songs in a concert. Does he do full versions of each song? I'd be in heaven with a 30+ song Stones concert...

Re: McCartney/Stones setlists
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 14, 2014 19:44

Apart from the fact that the Stones could vary a bit more:
I´m so glad that the know how to build a setlist: rocking start,
slower&obscure middle/ rocking end. And they know that
2 hours (+15/20 min) is the absolute best timeframe for a rock show.

I just don´t get Bruce or McC playing 30+ songs in more than 3 hours.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home