Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 67
Re: OT: Won't Somebody Please Give This Billionaire A Free T-Shirt?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 19, 2013 04:19

What's the big deal? He payed for his ticket like anyone else. If anything, it shows that he still has a competitive spirit. Like everyone else there, he just wants a souvenir from the event.

Don't you think that if Macca were hurling free Beatles Tees into the crowd at his concerts that people would be clamoring for those and would be disappointed if someone in the row in front of them got a shirt instead? But, because McCartney is rich and famous he's not allowed to display a spirited participation in a sports fan ritual. Ah, OK....eye rolling smiley

I think the most revealing thing about this "news" story is the surprising fact that Macca is actually a fan of a U.S. sport like NBA basketball. Next thing, he'll be attending games with Jack Nicholson.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 04:23

Saw this on the news last night. The commentators were mentioning that they were surprised he didn't have better seats! I would have thought someone as famous as Paul McCartney would have courtside seats!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 19, 2013 04:36

stonehearted
What's the big deal? He payed for his ticket like anyone else. If anything, it shows that he still has a competitive spirit. Like everyone else there, he just wants a souvenir from the event.

Don't you think that if Macca were hurling free Beatles Tees into the crowd at his concerts that people would be clamoring for those and would be disappointed if someone in the row in front of them got a shirt instead? But, because McCartney is rich and famous he's not allowed to display a spirited participation in a sports fan ritual. Ah, OK....eye rolling smiley

I think the most revealing thing about this "news" story is the surprising fact that Macca is actually a fan of a U.S. sport like NBA basketball. Next thing, he'll be attending games with Jack Nicholson.

I didn't say he was doing anything wrong. I just thought it was amusing, that's all.

Date: December 19, 2013 04:41

At least he didn't do something like this.

Date: December 19, 2013 05:01

<<I didn't say he was doing anything wrong. I just thought it was amusing, that's all.>>

The only "amusing" thing about that clip is that someone obviously had a camera fixed on McCartney even before the free T-shirt "incident"--and most probably for the entire event as well. Obviously, to the sports "fan" doing the filming, the game itself was of no interest. I find that extremely amusing.

In other amusing Beatle-related sports tidbits, John Lennon gave Monday Night Football a chance in 1974....

George Harrison realized he was living in the material world and became a guru of the racetrack and was a friend of Jackie Stewart. I wonder if Harrison meditated while behind the wheel of the race car he drove that day....

Even Ringo attended a race as well.

Surprise! Surprise! The Beatles enjoy certain sports--perhaps they're more normal than we thought.

Date: December 19, 2013 05:11

So normal are the peace and love Beatles that they even enjoy watching people get their brains bashed in from time to time. Paul was a great admirer of former world light-heavyweight champion boxer John Conteh, seen at the far right in this photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-19 05:12 by tatters.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 19, 2013 05:13

The Beatles have never shown any interest in Beer Pong...that's a strike against the normal argument...

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 19, 2013 05:16

stonehearted
<<I didn't say he was doing anything wrong. I just thought it was amusing, that's all.>>

The only "amusing" thing about that clip is that someone obviously had a camera fixed on McCartney even before the free T-shirt "incident"--and most probably for the entire event as well. Obviously, to the sports "fan" doing the filming, the game itself was of no interest. I find that extremely amusing.

In other amusing Beatle-related sports tidbits, John Lennon gave Monday Night Football a chance in 1974....

George Harrison realized he was living in the material world and became a guru of the racetrack and was a friend of Jackie Stewart. I wonder if Harrison meditated while behind the wheel of the race car he drove that day....

Even Ringo attended a race as well.

Surprise! Surprise! The Beatles enjoy certain sports--perhaps they're more normal than we thought.

Lennon's clip was to promote Walls And Bridges. He says so at the end. He did a lot of radio promos, too, around that time. Do you actually belive he went to a NFL game because liked it? Please. Oh, and he just happened to end up on TV.
Harrison definetly was racing fan.
As for Macca, as long as I've followed him, he's never showed or mentioned much interest in sports. If he does, he's been pretty quiet about it.
I'm sure he enjoyed it, but I doubt he's a big fan. His "I'm just a middle class scruff from Speke" is getting old.

Date: December 19, 2013 05:18

Date: December 19, 2013 05:37

The "peace and love Beatles"? Oh dear, now we're mythologizing. It would probably surprise a few to know that they actually come from a world before the 60s, and those who read up and do a bit of digging would be equally surprised at how old-fashioned McCartney actually is in terms of his home life.

Here, maybe this tune will clear it up a bit--especially the line about "we used to fight like cats and dogs/but we made it up in the ballroom".

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 19, 2013 06:30

stonehearted
The "peace and love Beatles"? Oh dear, now we're mythologizing. It would probably surprise a few to know that they actually come from a world before the 60s, and those who read up and do a bit of digging would be equally surprised at how old-fashioned McCartney actually is in terms of his home life.

Here, maybe this tune will clear it up a bit--especially the line about "we used to fight like cats and dogs/but we made it up in the ballroom".

Don't know what you're on about in the above post, though it's true. I will say that people mythologize the '60s way too much,.
Always liked Ballroom Dancing, especially the piano.
One of my piano "lessons" in the old day was to get that B to F# on the left hand.

Date: December 19, 2013 06:38

<<Don't know what you're on about in the above post>>

I wasn't trying to be cryptic. It's just that this thread reminds me of the second grade when kids in class discovered that the teacher actually smoked cigarettes. It's that mentality where you box people into a certain role, so they are supposed to behave a certain way because of how you perceive them. So, to me it's amusing that people are amused when a celebrity behaves like an ordinary sports fan when attending a sporting event.

Yes, teachers smoke and celebrities want a free T-shirt. Fancy that!

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 19, 2013 06:48

Such a wonderful clip with Lennon. Thank you stonehearted. Really wonderful.

Makes me so so sad. At least the Beatles lived another 10 years in people's minds after they split given while the four of them were still with us there was always a chance of reuniting. Fkn Yoko for one thing. But Chapman you piece of garbage.

McCartney is in the spirit of things and I think it's great. I would have given him the t shirt smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 19, 2013 06:55

<<McCartney is in the spirit of things and I think it's great. I would have given him the t shirt>>

You would have gathered a bit of lasting fame for yourself whenever he would recount the moment in interviews, on talk shows, at concerts....

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 12:16

So any fans here reading In Tune? The new incredible Beatles book? I am about a 1/3 of the way in and it is stunning. The amount of impeccable and exhaustive research is simply stunning. Additionally, man can he write. The book is 900 pages and only goes to 1962! Two more volumes will be coming in the ensuing years. I have read a lot about The Beatles, and knew their up-bringing was not really middle class, but man did they have it hard, especially Ringo. George also was a total scraper, loved to fight, and was a completely dedicated to his guitar. Great book, I highly recommend it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-19 12:24 by whitem8.

Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 19, 2013 12:51

One for all the "Paul is dead" nutters!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-21 11:01 by Deltics.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: December 19, 2013 12:55

Great document....love the "our kid" and "r.i.p"

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 20, 2013 07:29

Deltics
One for all the "Paul is dead" nutters!

wow, nice document! winking smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 20, 2013 07:32

Thought Paul purchased some racehorses in the 60s...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2014 10:39

So is anybody still listening to "NEW" ? Must admit I haven't lately...

More dates announced for Japan and South America apparently, nothing for Europe, maybe towards the end of the year?

In the meantime we can watch this full concert filmed in Tokyo on 21/11/2013 and shown on Japanese TV, the "pre-show" stuff is pretty cool

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:08

Thanks for posting the Tokyo show. Will watch it sometime this week as not seen a live Macca show since the Olympics gig in London that was O.K. but not one of his best I'm sure.

Saw that he is not playing the usual South American places ,Argentina and Brazil.

Uruguay,Chile,Peru,Ecuador,Costa Rica before going to Japan.

Sure he does dates like that as a bit of a holiday and sightseeing for him and the missus. winking smiley

Date: March 31, 2014 11:21

Yes I suppose his stops have something to do with that ;-)

About the Tokyo show on YT you might want to make a copy for later viewing as previous links are no longer working...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:23

gotdablouse
So is anybody still listening to "NEW" ? Must admit I haven't lately...

More dates announced for Japan and South America apparently, nothing for Europe, maybe towards the end of the year?

In the meantime we can watch this full concert filmed in Tokyo on 21/11/2013 and shown on Japanese TV, the "pre-show" stuff is pretty cool

Macca's second visit in 6 months is unbelievably lucky for Japanese fan.thumbs up

His show is held at national stadium, slightly bigger than Tokyo Dome where Stones had 3 "14 ON FIRE" shows.
And this will be the first and last concert by foreign musician at current national stadium. The stadium is going to closed and refurbished for 2020 summer olympic games.

And there is a rumour that he have only one extra and special show at sacred BUDOKAN.
If he played at BUDOKAN, it is the first time since 1966 Beatles show.

Date: March 31, 2014 11:25

<<So is anybody still listening to "NEW" ?>>

Great album! A solid, melodic rock album as only Macca can craft them. Reminds me a lot of Back To The Egg--and just as underappreciated as well!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 31, 2014 12:17

tatters
At least he didn't do something like this.

He he. Damn - what a bitch.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 31, 2014 17:17

I felt so sorry for that little girl after seeing that.

Hope loads of that womans friends and family see that video. confused smiley

OT: I'm New To Macca. Looking For Solid Rockers
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:01

Hello all,
The band I jam with has decided to cover Band on the Run. Frankly, I never had much use for Macca since Revolver but I'm developing a deep appreciation for his Wings stuff.

Can y'all point me in the direction of some of his best solo "rockers"? Heavy guitar songs. I have recently acquired Band on the Run, Venus, and Speed and sorting my through them now.

I know many here love Macca and know his catalogue well. All suggestions (regarding this topic) are very welcome!

Re: OT: I'm New To Macca. Looking For Solid Rockers
Date: April 1, 2014 19:12

I was just listening to "Wingspan" in the car today...

Going by memory, rockers in order of appearance :
- Hi, Hi, Hi
- Helen Wheels
- Junior's Farm
- Beware My Love
- Getting Closer
- Spin It On
- So Glad To See You Here
- Not Such a Bad Boy
- No Values
- Angry
- Get Out of My Way
- The World Tonight
- Only Mama Knows

--------------

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:17

Let Me Roll It!!!

May not be fast, but what a great song!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:28

He has a lots of good songs so just plug in and play them like rock'n'roll and not like Macca the popway...it's that easy..smiling smiley

Start with the one that Faces did so nice, Maybe I'm amazed...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home