Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 24, 2014 20:31

stonehearted
Sir Paul McCartney has teamed up with Giles Martin, son of The Beatles producer Sir George Martin, as well as Adele's producer Paul Epworth and Sir Tom Jones collaborator Ethan Johns for his new album.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Paul's team are very excited about the album. They hope it will take him back to the top of the pop charts. The people working with him certainly know how to do that."

Story at: [www.contactmusic.com]

Paul McCartney on his new album: 'I think you're going to like this one'

Paul McCartney tells writer Simon Vozick-Levinson in the Aug. 29 issue of Rolling Stone his new album is a “really cool adventure.”

The album, as yet untitled, has been in the works more than a year with a quartet of producers – Mark Ronson, Adele's Paul Epworth, Ethan Johns (of Kings of Leon) and Giles Martin, son of Beatles producer George Martin. A previous report said the album would be out by the end of the year.

Details at: [www.examiner.com]

Paul McCartney on his Out There! 2013 world tour.

Sounds typically boring

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 24, 2014 21:12

michaelsavage
stonehearted
Sir Paul McCartney has teamed up with Giles Martin, son of The Beatles producer Sir George Martin, as well as Adele's producer Paul Epworth and Sir Tom Jones collaborator Ethan Johns for his new album.

Sounds typically boring

Thanks for the

I'll be sure to keep it on hand in case of a nuclear emergency.

Re: OT: Paul McCartney to play Candelstick Aug. 14th
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 25, 2014 17:13

BluzDude
mccparty
Just announced - no info on tickets yet.

And, of course, this was the venue for the Beatles last concert:

[www.youtube.com]

Candlestick! hmmmmm, thinking real hard about this one.

I'm thinking about it .... and I live in Michigan!

[www.sfgate.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-25 17:17 by tatters.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 26, 2014 01:19

That would be cool tatters.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 26, 2014 12:07

Wow that's gonna be something, wish I could have been there...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 26, 2014 18:42

whitem8
That would be cool tatters.

Well, I just ran it past my wife. I don't think she quite gets the significance of what seeing Paul at Candlestick really would mean.

McCartney/Cilla
Posted by: JustLikeA ()
Date: May 13, 2014 12:57

Hey

Just seen ITV are making a drama about Cilla Black. Written by Jeff Pope who done Philomena so should be good

The Beatles feature in it too! Apparently Paul wrote her a lot of songs and the beatles helped her get signed up?

Here is the boy playing Paul McCartney

www.imdb.com/name/nm3262824/

Looks a little like him!

Sheridan Smith plays Cilla. Shes a great actress!

Wonder if there will be a scene like this...

Re: McCartney/Cilla
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 13, 2014 13:14

Here is Cilla performing the Lennon-McCartney song Love Of The Loved. She was managed by Brian Epstein as well.

Re: McCartney/Cilla
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 13, 2014 13:53

Should be interesting.

Though I'd prefer a real documentary instead, featuring old and recent footage with interviews with Cilla, McCartney and other people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-13 15:17 by nightskyman.

Date: May 21, 2014 06:20

Macca not feeling in the best of shapes it seems : [www.rollingstone.com]

Hope that the "suspected virus" is not something too bad. They haven't given too many details, at first it sounded like it was a bad cold, but now it's "poor health"...not exhaustion hopefully, these "exotic" dates with 3 hours plus shows seem to have taken their toll. He needs the rest apparently and he can certainly afford to cancel anything that might prevent a quick recovery.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 23, 2014 06:12

It was indeed a little more serious than they were letting on, he's now in hospital where "the treatment he received was successful and he will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days rest"...[www.rollingstone.com]

Get well Paul !

--------------

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 23, 2014 09:09

Wow, whatever that is, get well sir. Paul as soon as posible!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2014 00:12

More postponements for upcoming North America shows...

> Macca

Date: June 10, 2014 02:34

Yep, just read [www.rollingstone.com]

At this point it looks a bit like "stonewalling"...hope that's the last of it now.

--------------

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 10, 2014 02:38

...at least he did reschedule the delayed dates.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 26, 2014 15:55

Paul McCartney has on 24th June a video message to fans released, says he's 'feeling great, rocking and rolling':

[www.nola.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 16:00 by Irix.

Date: July 6, 2014 22:29

Dude's back in action...with a vengeance : [www.rollingstone.com] !

Oh and 40 songs too, hehe...

Set List:

"Eight Days a Week"
"Save Us"
"All My Loving"
"Listen to What the Man Said"
"Let Me Roll It"
"Paperback Writer"
"My Valentine"
"Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five"
"The Long and Winding Road"
"Maybe I'm Amazed"
"I've Just Seen a Face"
"On My Way to Work"
"We Can Work It Out"
"Another Day"
"And I Love Her"
"Blackbird"
"Here Today"
"New"
"Queenie Eye"
"Lady Madonna"
"All Together Now"
"Lovely Rita"
"Everybody Out There"
"Eleanor Rigby"
"Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite"
"Something"
"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"
"Band on the Run"
"Back in the U.S.S.R."
"Let It Be"
"Live and Let Die"
"Hey Jude"

Encore
"Day Tripper"
"Hi, Hi, Hi"
"Get Back"

Second Encore
"Yesterday"
"Helter Skelter"
"Golden Slumbers"
"Carry That Weight"
"The End"

--------------

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: July 7, 2014 01:55

wow that's one helluva set list

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 7, 2014 04:48

Will be seeing him in Chicago on Wed, including the sound check! Bring it on Macca!

Date: July 7, 2014 05:37

I hate it when he does stuff like this. Something like this actually happened the last time I saw him, but at least he didn't bring the two idiots up on stage with him. It's getting ridiculous now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-07 06:03 by tatters.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2014 06:25

jabhead
wow that's one helluva set list

Yes, it is. I would be more than pleased to see this.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 7, 2014 08:29

Obviously its a great setlist. Just for me personally, its a bit too many New songs. In the grand scheme, 5 isn't much in a 40 song set, and I guess it doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of the album, but I like my Paul sets with more oldies and rarities. Then again, I guess ya gotta admire him still pushing a new album at 70+.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 7, 2014 08:42

Mr Kite and Something on the set-list but no I wanna be your man....and not my personal favorite Pipes of Peace...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 7, 2014 09:34

tatters
I hate it when he does stuff like this. Something like this actually happened the last time I saw him, but at least he didn't bring the two idiots up on stage with him. It's getting ridiculous now.

I can't see any problem with this.
He makes people happy and bring them together.
First and foremost, music is a social artform that speaks to our feelings.
Then why not use it to generate happiness amongst people? It can't be pain and suffering and Lou Reed all the time.

Date: July 7, 2014 11:46

Blueranger
tatters

Then why not use it to generate happiness amongst people? It can't be pain and suffering and Lou Reed all the time.

I'm sure the people who were unfortunate enough to have been sitting behind this couple were far from happy. Imagine paying many hundreds of dollars for your seats, and then, not only having your view of the concert obstructed by the two signs they must have been holding in the air and frantically waving all night long, but also having to endure the sights and sounds of these fat old slobs singing and carrying on like fools onstage. The whole thing looks strangely pre-planned and rehearsed, like maybe it was part of some VIP SuperFan Experience for which they probably had to pay half a million dollars. People got to keep they fat asses off the stage and in the audience where they belong, and not try to become part of the show.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 7, 2014 12:13

tatters
Blueranger
tatters

I'm sure the people who were unfortunate enough to have been sitting behind this couple were far from happy. Imagine paying many hundreds of dollars for your seats, and then, not only having your view of the concert obstructed by the two signs they must have been holding in the air and frantically waving all night long, but also having to endure the sights and sounds of these fat old slobs singing and carrying on like fools onstage. The whole thing looks strangely pre-planned and rehearsed, like maybe it was part of some VIP SuperFan Experience for which they probably had to pay half a million dollars. People got to keep they fat asses off the stage and in the audience where they belong, and not try to become part of the show.

Ah, I see. So you know these people? Or at least you know they are annoying from the outset, even though you weren't at the venue. Very human to call them "fools" and "fat old slobs" with "fat asses". Love and respect are obviously not part of your daily schedule.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 7, 2014 12:24

This was not planned. He brings up people sometime. Here it went wrong:

Date: July 7, 2014 12:26

Blueranger
tatters
Blueranger
tatters

Ah, I see. So you know these people? Or at least you know they are annoying from the outset, even though you weren't at the venue. Very human to call them "fools" and "fat old slobs" with "fat asses". Love and respect are obviously not part of your daily schedule.

It wasn't enough that they got to see and hear Paul McCartney in concert? They also had to find some contrived excuse to become a part of the show, too? Can you imagine this happening at a Stones concert? "He won't marry me until he meets you!" "Well, @#$%& you then," the Glimmers would say, "I guess you're out of luck, aren't you." And what was it Pete Townshend famously said? "If anyone walked onstage with a microphone during a Who concert I would probably come very close to killing them." That's rock and roll. Not this crap.

Date: July 7, 2014 12:32

tomstones
This was not planned. He brings up people sometime. Here it went wrong:

Oh my God. Now this is what I call a real Vegas Era.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 7, 2014 13:08

He loves people. Ten years ago I was in a crowd surrounding him. He kept on talking, writing autographs, taking photographs with people and hugging them although his bodyguards said several times that it´s time to go to the car. For him it seems very natural, I would not bash him for taking four minutes time to bring up fans on stage in a nearly 3-hour-rocking-show...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home