Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2013 and more...
Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: August 9, 2013 13:15

CHUCK BERRY
EUROPEAN TOUR 2013

20.10.13 - Moscow, Russia - Izvestia Hall
21.10.13 - St. Petersburg, Russia - A 2 Club
22.10.13 - Steinegg, Italy - Live Festival
23.10.13 - Helsinki, Finland - Finlandia Hall
25.10.13 - Oulu, Finland - Club Teatria
26.10.13 - Oslo, Norway - Sentrum Scene

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-23 14:14 by bv.

Re: OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2013
Date: August 9, 2013 13:16

Tickets

Moscow: [ponominalu.ru]
St. Petersburg: [ponominalu.ru]
Steinegg: SOLD OUT
Helsinki: SOLD OUT
Oulu: [www.ticketmaster.fi]
Oslo: SOLD OUT

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-19 21:55 by WolfgangG.

Date: August 9, 2013 13:17

More rumoured shows: Paris (France), St. Petersburg (Russia) and one show in Germany

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 9, 2013 14:50

twice I bought tickets and booked flights...twice it was cancelled...I won't buy tickets from those clowns in Paris again....but still...I'd love to go somewhere

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 9, 2013 15:22

It's madness he continues to tour. He can't even here the guitar being out of tune anymore or play for that matter.

I can't understand people want to see him make a fool of himself, it's really sad.

Date: August 9, 2013 15:42

It is not madness, it keeps him alive.

His shows are fun and his guitar has been out of tune for many years.

Date: August 9, 2013 15:44

grinning smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 9, 2013 15:55

I saw him once (late 70's early 80's) when he had Heart (the old band, minus the sisters) back him up. A few songs into the show he went over to the amps & unplugged the bass player! That guy was never the same after that.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 9, 2013 16:47

I have never seen him and would love to if he was in a reasonable distance. I would not fly, but would do some serious traveling. Any rumours about Vienna or even Prague? Well, not now I guess, otherwise you would have writen it, right, Wolfgang? Please keep us updated about the dates, since the chuckberry.com page is not a place to look for the latest news usually :-)

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 9, 2013 16:53

chuck berry likes money 1st and then play or cancell the shows.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 9, 2013 16:56

Seen him live twice before. I enjoyed the concerts and will always have time for the records., but you'd have to pay me to attend one of his shows now.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 9, 2013 17:27

Just yesterday I found a new series of box sets on Amazon where they are packaging 4-5+ original albums plus bonus tracks for some really good prices. One series was for Chuck (others included the Everly's, Buddy Holley, Elvis, many others) and I fully expect it (and some of the others) to enter my collection in the near future. I can only hope that Chuck will come close enough to me that I get the chance to see him live. For all the joy that he's given & will continue to give me through his recordings, I'd like, just once, to know that my hand's clapping were included in the applause that he's hearing. Even if that's all I ever get to communicate to him, I owe him at least that much regardless of his age and current abilities when & if I get that chance.

Here' hoping that CBII and family help Chuck to continue for as long as he's willing and that I'll get in the same room at least once before he stops.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: August 9, 2013 17:52

I saw Chuck Berry in Milwaukee in the early 80s. To this day, that show remains the sloppiest, most unprofessional and disappointing concert I've ever seen. He continually stopped songs to berate the unfortunate local band that was bravely trying to keep up with his odd song keys (B flat, anyone?) and arrangements. Other songs were aborted for no apparent reason. After less than an hour of trying to remember his own songs and then complain that the band couldn't "remember" them either, he did a verse of Johnny B Goode, a half-hearted duck walk, and he was gone.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: August 9, 2013 18:52

Was just watching the Hail Hail! special on Paladia the other night again, mainly to see the Keith/Chuck rehearsal stuff. It's classic watching all the other band members reactions when Chuck is telling Keith how to play.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 9, 2013 18:55

Right On Chuck!!!
I heard if you keep on dancing(playing) YOU'LL NEVER GROW OLD!!!

Go see the living legend, if you get a chance....
Without Chuck, what else may not have ever happened?

Date: August 9, 2013 18:59

StonesCat
Was just watching the Hail Hail! special on Paladia the other night again, mainly to see the Keith/Chuck rehearsal stuff. It's classic watching all the other band members reactions when Chuck is telling Keith how to play.

Right on!... awesome movie piece of history, love me some Palladia.

NO NO NO Keith, your're playing it all WRONG!!!

GRRRRRRRRR!!!! grinning smiley

Another favorite part is when Chuck shows me(us) the Cadillac(s)
which I hope to buy from him some day... maybe.... hope too anyway.

Date: August 9, 2013 19:48

Happy24
Any rumours about Vienna or even Prague? Well, not now I guess, otherwise you would have writen it, right, Wolfgang?

Exactly.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 9, 2013 20:15

This is not what I would call rock and roll...

You see, there's no such thing as retirement in music - you play until you die. If you're old it's sad, and if you die young is even sadder.

Date: August 9, 2013 20:28

Thank you, franzk, for supplying us with the worst possible clip.

May I remind you that he just spent some 15 hours on a plane before more or less going straight to the stage without a single day off to recover from his jetlag?

As long as people are having fun, I cannot see anything sad about.

Here is a better clip, recorded last month:

Date: August 9, 2013 20:41

If an 86-years-old man walks on stage right after 15 hours flight he should fire his tour manager immediately...

Date: August 9, 2013 20:43

franzk
If an 86-years-old man walks on stage right after 15 hours flight he should fire his tour manager immediately...

Even if that 86-years-old man walked on stage right after 15 hours flight by his own request?!

Date: August 9, 2013 20:44

86-years-young

PARTY ON CHUCK!!! Keep on keeping on and keep on playing that rock and roll music.... Any old way you choose it, It's got a back beat, you can't blues it, Any old time you use it, Gotta be rock 'n' roll music

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: August 9, 2013 20:58

Chuck is the Man. God bless him. Best rock'n roll guitar player ever

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-09 20:58 by Berry88.

Date: August 9, 2013 21:00

And the classic of classics:

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 9, 2013 21:37

Chuck Berry was always on my wish list, until I saw what his concerts were like. Now I really do NOT want to him as it would be a painful musical experience. Some people are satisfied just to be in the presence of their idols. For me, that doesn't fly.

1. Chuck Berry is a greedy jerk. This is his standard policy. Remember Hail Hail Rock 'n Roll? How he booked a gig the night before the show and blew his voice out?

2. Chuck Berry has no shame. HE CAN'T PLAY. He hits bum notes continually and is barely in tune. Sure this has been his standard method for years, but that doesn't make it ok. He is in his 80s so I do not hold him to the same standard as earlier years, but he just doesn't care.

3. Chuck Berry loves money, not us. This might seem like a redundant point of #1, but he simply does not appreciate his fans. Give him his money, let him play badly, end of the show.

4. Chuck is the grandfather of rocknroll. There are few things better than the Rolling Stones doing a Chuck Berry song. They do his songs better than he ever did. With that being said, without Chuck, who knows what would have happened in the music world.

I think Keith's attitude toward him is the right one. His songs are great, but the guy is a jerk. Imagine what it would have been like to have him as a guest in Chicago..

Date: August 9, 2013 21:45

He sounds awful in recent videos, no doubt about that. Like Keith, he had and incredible and inimitable style, which has been very affected by aging. He hasn't the speed anymore and that's dead for his old rythmn crazyness.

But, hey, he has earned the right to do whatever he wants. If people pay for the show, go on Chuck.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 9, 2013 21:52

Here Master Keith shows how Berry guitar solo is to be played...

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 9, 2013 21:55

Yeah. I saw him a couple of years ago.
Just aweful. But I knew that in advance, I just paid to see the legend.
But no Chuck Berry shows for me anymore, thank you.

Date: August 9, 2013 22:49

flacnvinyl
Chuck Berry was always on my wish list, until I saw what his concerts were like. Now I really do NOT want to him as it would be a painful musical experience. Some people are satisfied just to be in the presence of their idols. For me, that doesn't fly.

1. Chuck Berry is a greedy jerk. This is his standard policy. Remember Hail Hail Rock 'n Roll? How he booked a gig the night before the show and blew his voice out?

2. Chuck Berry has no shame. HE CAN'T PLAY. He hits bum notes continually and is barely in tune. Sure this has been his standard method for years, but that doesn't make it ok. He is in his 80s so I do not hold him to the same standard as earlier years, but he just doesn't care.

3. Chuck Berry loves money, not us. This might seem like a redundant point of #1, but he simply does not appreciate his fans. Give him his money, let him play badly, end of the show.

4. Chuck is the grandfather of rocknroll. There are few things better than the Rolling Stones doing a Chuck Berry song. They do his songs better than he ever did. With that being said, without Chuck, who knows what would have happened in the music world.

I think Keith's attitude toward him is the right one. His songs are great, but the guy is a jerk. Imagine what it would have been like to have him as a guest in Chicago..

thumbs up

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 9, 2013 22:56

THE WAY CHUCK PLAYS IS THE WAY THE SONG GOES

Does this ring a bell?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home