Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2013 and more...
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 7, 2013 20:34

CBII, bring your dad to Wales. I think the land of song would love to see Chuck, he was meant to play Swansea a few years back but the show was cancelled for some reason.

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: November 7, 2013 21:36

Had the pleasure of sharing the stage with Chuck Berry at Poole Arts Centre in Dorset...He got the front rows up on stage for a boogie..and I got to stand next to, and do a crap Duck Walk..with CHUCK BERRY...the CHUCK BERRY...and I'd see him tomorrow at the drop of a hat..he's the DNA of Rock n Roll...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-07 21:37 by Gibson668.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 7, 2013 22:52

Very nice interview with CBII. Thanks for posting WolfgangG

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 8, 2013 20:11

Rollin92
CBII, bring your dad to Wales. I think the land of song would love to see Chuck, he was meant to play Swansea a few years back but the show was cancelled for some reason.

That's up to the Fans, Promoters and my dad. I haven't been to Wales but certainly enjoy visiting the UK. If we do come over maybe Tom Jones will show up too! Heh, heh, heh...

CBII

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 8, 2013 21:39

Just seen the interview with Chuck Jnr. in Moscow.
Great to see he is really proud of his Mom and Dad and all the family.
Knows so much about music of all kinds.
If you ever come to London Town or Andalucia ,Spain, would be great to talk about anything and everything ,over a few drinks. Have a stayover at my pad with yer Dad if you both got the time. winking smiley

Re: OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2013
Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 9, 2013 05:59

Ya gotta be tough to make it in the rocknroll game crholmstrom!

Posted by: jaypee65 ()
Date: November 9, 2013 09:42

Personally, I think there's something sad with all this.
Sad because it shows that the artist doesn't respect his audience if he's ready to offer such a dismal product under his name. Chuck Berry obviously doesn't even care anymore (or his entourage doesn't care anymore) whether his own songs are performed adequately. And to say "but the audience likes it" is defintely not the point. We all know that there's nothing more fascinating than a train wreck...

No one is asking Chuck Berry to hide because of his age. I think the world is a better place because he's still there. But if someone deserves to take a well-deserved rest and enjoy a decent life, it's him. If he were Japanese, he'd be considered a "national treasure" and wouldn't have to endure 20 hours long flights anymore just to perform to an audience who's obviously more eager to see a freak show than the true inventor of rock'n'roll. To watch a 87 year old man clearly no longer in condition to perform is sad because it shows an artist who has lost his own dignity and his sense of respect for his own art and for himself.

And the saddest part about it is that no one seems to have the courage and the honesty to tell him that it's time to stop.

Re: OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2013
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 9, 2013 13:00

rob51
Ya gotta be tough to make it in the rocknroll game crholmstrom!

Is this perhaps in context to a post on another thread? I made it 25+ years in the "biz" until the part (distribution) went away due to the internet. Lasted longer than most of the folks I knew. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work in an area I love for as long as I did. I was definitely in the right place at the right time during the grunge years. I view what I do now as penance for enjoying my work when I was younger. In relation to Chuck Berry, I saw him do a fantastic show about 1980 @ Bumbershoot in Seattle. He had a legendary local band called Jr. Cadillac as his backing band who were very in tune with Chuck & he clearly was having a good time. He played way beyond his contracted time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home