Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Brixton Academy Soundboard
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 3, 2013 21:33

I would love to have a keith sample

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:49

Wonderful stuff. Hope my CD arrives soon.

Date: September 4, 2013 00:34

Silver Dagger
Where did you order your cd Sliver Dagger

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 4, 2013 03:07

Godxofxrock9
Silver Dagger
Where did you order your cd Sliver Dagger

Try gilles...he'll hook you up via PayPal

Posted by: Case ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:34

Great news, have followed this thread, am interested in the box set, am curious how the box set will look. Hopefully a DVD will come soon in good
quality, that would be the ultimate...Brixton was a night to remember..

Edit:

read a few messages about the quality, maybe stupid question, but is the recording from a new source or an improved version of an already excisted source?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 01:13 by Case.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 8, 2013 19:29

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: September 8, 2013 20:23

HI
Can someone post a site where i can get this from.
Cheers

Posted by: django ()
Date: September 8, 2013 22:19

TOOTSIE
HI
Can someone post a site where i can get this from.
Cheers

Ask Gilles

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: steini ()
Date: September 9, 2013 05:09

There´s been this neverending talk and speculations about this show,but where is the download link?
I just want to hear this concert

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 9, 2013 05:31

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind....the answer is blowing in the wind...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 9, 2013 10:43

Godxofxrock9

"Keith sample"? That's drug lingo for 10 grams, right?

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 9, 2013 11:24

rastakeith
DandelionPowderman
Like A Rolling Stone is from the Olympia...

Sorry but it is from Brixton Academy.

HI ALL IS THIS THE SO CALLED EXCELLENT SOUNDBOARD SOUND ... THE NEW RELEASE .. ??????

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 9, 2013 17:16

DECCA61
rastakeith
DandelionPowderman

HI ALL IS THIS THE SO CALLED EXCELLENT SOUNDBOARD SOUND ... THE NEW RELEASE .. ??????

A deeper investigation of the contents of this thread will answer your question!

Date: September 9, 2013 23:20

dcba
Godxofxrock9

"Keith sample"? That's drug lingo for 10 grams, right?
Yup i picked some up the other day don't need the sample anymore smoking smiley Jk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 23:21 by Godxofxrock9.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:31

DECCA61
rastakeith
DandelionPowderman

THANKS ALIMENTE .. just found a sample of the new source big improvement !!

Date: September 10, 2013 00:35

DECCA61
DECCA61
rastakeith
DandelionPowderman

THANKS ALIMENTE .. just found a sample of the new source big improvement !!
Sometimes when shit gets posted on youtube the audio sucks but the stripped video actually has very good audio you can find it here its very good [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: rocknroller ()
Date: September 18, 2013 19:53

Where is this aready!!!!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2013 20:36

It´s been delayed.

Date: September 26, 2013 15:06

Any news on this

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 27, 2013 02:11

More samples...PLEASE?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 27, 2013 07:48

Munichhilton
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind....the answer is blowing in the wind...

How many years can some people exist, before they're allowed to be free?

Brixton 95, finally!
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: October 9, 2013 20:01

Now that Mathijs has been kind enough to upload Brixton (on Hot Stuff), I think it deserves its own thread for reviews - we've been waiting so long! So here are my first impressions.

Firstly, the sound gets clearer as it goes: the mix is a bit chaotic in the beginning and becomes almost perfect by the end. Jagger's voice also becomes higher in the mix, even perhaps a bit too high for my taste by the end (just like on recent official releases). Even with the rough mix, it's great to hear him a bit buried on the early tracks, sort of "Exile" style.

Speaking of Jagger, he's amazing. Never on autopilot: there are INTENTIONS in all his intonations. He belts out YGMR in a fabulous way, this pedestrian song even ends up making sense. His Love In Vain is poignant - it's very rare to hear him so delicate, so refined on a live recording. Somewhere between the show-off Mick of 89-90 and the nasal one of today, this could be the best latter-day Mick. Warm, mature and hard-rocking.

As a whole, it seems to me that 1995 was the year when it seemed possible that the Stones would find their way towards a real mature style. Pity they eventually decided to turn into a pastiche of their young self (a fun pastiche, admitedly...).

Keith is in fine form, cock-ups and all. JJF is amazing. Ronnie is very, very good, and the two of them weave (woops! I said it!) in a lovely way on the slow tracks.

Charlie works goddamn hard! Rolls everywhere, great cymbal works.

Finally: oddly enough, it's the recording on which I most appreciate Lisa and Bernard. Thought they were amazing on Dice and Women.

Definite keepers: YGMR, BL, FAE, LIV, RAMBLER, JJF!

So... thanks against Mathijs and what do you guys think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 20:05 by otonneau.

Re: Brixton 95, finally!
Date: October 9, 2013 20:10

I'm still waiting for the vinyl set. Thanks for the review, otonneau! thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2013 20:30

I'd like to have it on DVD. All three - Paradiso/Olympia/Brixton, so to speak as extended 'Stripped TV Special' ..... smiling smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 9, 2013 20:35

angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 20:42 by Bastion.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:02

- First off, THANK YOU to the source for this recording. I do not know you, or whether you frequent this board, but thank you. If you work in the TV/entertainment biz, you'll know all about how difficult it is to release something this sensitive. Only X number of people heard/saw/hand-their-hands on the masters/consoles/copies of this show. It is not a simple thing to release the show.

- I really do not get the need to overdub/redo the guitars on the tracks that were released officially. The performance is just fantastic, screwups n all.

- Why is this being released on vinyl? I have no connection with the source, but my ears tell me this is from a pristine VHS/Beta source. If it was available in an un-mastered un-compressed format, it would shine even more, but sounds great on CD/mp3.

- Charlie is great! So many moments when the whole band 'locks in' and nails it. Love those moments. My only real gripe is that Charlie's snare goes down in the mix during the acoustic set, but then never goes back up! It needs to be loud during those rockers!! I think it is just a compression/gain issue on the board, which was obviously fixed for the official b-side single releases (Black Limousine, Live With Me, etc..)

Great release. About to listen to it again driving home from studio...

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:22

flacnvinyl
- First off, THANK YOU to the source for this recording. I do not know you, or whether you frequent this board, but thank you. If you work in the TV/entertainment biz, you'll know all about how difficult it is to release something this sensitive. Only X number of people heard/saw/hand-their-hands on the masters/consoles/copies of this show. It is not a simple thing to release the show.

- I really do not get the need to overdub/redo the guitars on the tracks that were released officially. The performance is just fantastic, screwups n all.

- Why is this being released on vinyl? I have no connection with the source, but my ears tell me this is from a pristine VHS/Beta source. If it was available in an un-mastered un-compressed format, it would shine even more, but sounds great on CD/mp3.

- Charlie is great! So many moments when the whole band 'locks in' and nails it. Love those moments. My only real gripe is that Charlie's snare goes down in the mix during the acoustic set, but then never goes back up! It needs to be loud during those rockers!! I think it is just a compression/gain issue on the board, which was obviously fixed for the official b-side single releases (Black Limousine, Live With Me, etc..)

Some people just prefer the sound of vinyl to digital formats or just collect vinyl. If there was no market for it the boot lables would not waste the time or money relasing in this format

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 10, 2013 05:00

oldschool
flacnvinyl

Some people just prefer the sound of vinyl to digital formats or just collect vinyl. If there was no market for it the boot lables would not waste the time or money relasing in this format

If the source is VHS then a CD is the absolute TOPS in terms of sound quality (44.1khz 16bit stereo). A record would simply be the sound of the CD plus scratches of the record. There is not added improvement of sound, given the source recording.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: October 10, 2013 06:11

Sounds great, especially considering that the original source is the good old (video) tape

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: October 10, 2013 06:31

Best Slipping Away I've ever heard!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home