Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 16, 2013 01:02

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 16, 2013 01:08

StrawberriesBlueberries

Mybe it is supposed to be an allusion to their out of tune playing at Hyde Park in 1969? Mick also alluded to that concert with his wardrobe and other things, so maybe this is Keith's contribution. If he had just done it once, I wouldn't think so, but after his replication I think it's possible. I mean, he never did that during the whole tour, did he? Unless he suddenly has a blackout on this intro for whatever reason (your brain can play funny games sometimes), he did that on purpose. Also possible, that the first time actually was a mistake but the second time not, because he by then had decided it's a cool link to 1969. How did the band react to it both times, did they stay cool, did they laugh or did they shake their heads and roll their eyes?

I hate to say it, but as a theory this to me ranks with Keith being replaced by an Illuminati clone. grinning smiley

Don't know about the 13th, but on the 6th the band reacted like I did, i.e. they apparently didn't notice, or care if they did. Because it was no big deal--lots of bands start off the night rusty.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 16, 2013 01:33

open-g
Green Lady
OK, what happened at 0:50? Ouch!

Ronnie over-bends his b-bender ESP Tele which is easily done with too much pressure on the guitar strap.
more info on the b-bender here: [www.iorr.org]

Uh oh, so Ronnie's back on a bender, is he?

Is there a rehab program for these b-bender ESP Tele/guitar strap issues?

And he was playing so cleanly on this tour....

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 16, 2013 04:08

harald2002
SOME LAST ROW PICTURES...
...Didn't make it this time to Frontrow.

Is it me or does the staging of the Hyde Park shows have a real "urban jungle" feel to them? grinning smiley

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 16, 2013 06:18

It's great the Stones played Emotional Rescue as it now may appear on the DVD.Pity they couldn't find room for Indian Girl,Streets of Love and Too Much Blood,though.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 16, 2013 13:03

Torres
I don't buy the "on purpose" explanation. 1st, It sounds yet again different this time, but the music experts can comment on that, my ear is of a common listener. 2nd, I think the band would refer to it in some way (tweeter, FB, whatever), so that people didn't think it was Keith messing up 2x in a row.

And, considering that it was on purpose, would it make sense to try it just on the opening of these 2 shows? I don't think the band would ever do some "experimentation" on this level. Neither on the intro of one of their most famous songs, nor on the opening of a concert.

Personally, I don't think it's that important, or that it harms the concert, because it doesn't. But it's strange as hell, you bet it is.

i don't know why they'd mention it in twitter or facebook, practically no one noticed. very few people dissect the stones' shows the way that we do. heck many IORR's who were at the show didn't notice until they came on here afterwards.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 16, 2013 13:57

His Majesty
crawdaddy
Ruby Tuesday
[youtu.be]
Wow! Beautiful and emotional version! Tim's sorpano sax take on Brian's recorder part is ace!

Beautiful and moving indeed - they made me cry

What a freakin fantastic show that was - thanks & praises, Rolling Stones!
And thanks & praises too to my feal companions at that front corner rail :E

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 16, 2013 14:33

I was at Hyde Park that evening, and for anyone listening, it was pretty clear that Keith botched the intro. Just earlier that afternoon, I was at the National Gallery where I saw a woman named Paula Chateauneuf from the Academy of Ancient Music play a Theorbo (?), a 16th century (?) instrument that combines a lute with seven open bass strings on an extended neck (14 strings total!). Her fretwork was astounding. Maybe the Stones could hire her to hide under the stage and play those two opening chords.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 16, 2013 14:53

You Got The Silver had been blocked on Youtube. The same goes for Emotional Rescue.

Does this have to do with an upcoming DVD?

And now Ruby Tuesday went down too.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-16 15:18 by Promoman.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 16, 2013 15:04

Load of spoilsports Eagle Rock,the BBC,and dare I say it The Rolling Stones Org.
Let the masses watch their fave Bands and artists perform via youtube.
The're still gonna make millions. confused smiley

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 16, 2013 15:16

crawdaddy
Load of spoilsports Eagle Rock,the BBC,and dare I say it The Rolling Stones Org.

Agree, and most of the viewers have paid their dues and just want to relive the moment. But I was a bit surprised as I never had this with the videos of November O2 or earlier.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 16, 2013 15:24

It seems to be the Hyde Park shows that Eagle Rock are targeting - and yes, I bet that is because there's a DVD in the works. Remember how all the Ladies and Gentlemen clips vanished ahead of that one? Though why they think that most people's personal clips are any kind of serious rival to a proper DVD, heaven only knows. Maybe Promoman made the mistake of putting up some videos that were too good!

Date: July 16, 2013 15:33

Promoman
crawdaddy

Agree, and most of the viewers have paid their dues and just want to relive the moment. But I was a bit surprised as I never had this with the videos of November O2 or earlier.

I was uploading a video to youtube a couple of weeks ago.
Halfway through,it came up with a message saying it could be copyright infringement.
All the video was,is a local band playing a Pink Floyd song in a village square over here in Spain. Amazed me how it recognised the exact song.
Nothing happened and the video is still getting plenty of views. eye rolling smiley

Date: July 16, 2013 16:05

Green Lady
It seems to be the Hyde Park shows that Eagle Rock are targeting - and yes, I bet that is because there's a DVD in the works. Remember how all the Ladies and Gentlemen clips vanished ahead of that one? Though why they think that most people's personal clips are any kind of serious rival to a proper DVD, heaven only knows. Maybe Promoman made the mistake of putting up some videos that were too good!
That's my impression.
They target the best ones,but even the best,are not the same as the pro-shot cameras on stage,that will eventually result in the DVD. smoking smiley

Date: July 16, 2013 16:36

Aquamarine
StrawberriesBlueberries

Mybe it is supposed to be an allusion to their out of tune playing at Hyde Park in 1969? Mick also alluded to that concert with his wardrobe and other things, so maybe this is Keith's contribution. If he had just done it once, I wouldn't think so, but after his replication I think it's possible. I mean, he never did that during the whole tour, did he? Unless he suddenly has a blackout on this intro for whatever reason (your brain can play funny games sometimes), he did that on purpose. Also possible, that the first time actually was a mistake but the second time not, because he by then had decided it's a cool link to 1969. How did the band react to it both times, did they stay cool, did they laugh or did they shake their heads and roll their eyes?

I hate to say it, but as a theory this to me ranks with Keith being replaced by an Illuminati clone. grinning smiley

Don't know about the 13th, but on the 6th the band reacted like I did, i.e. they apparently didn't notice, or care if they did. Because it was no big deal--lots of bands start off the night rusty.

Strange, I can't remember having posted this idea... I fear my illuminati clone wrote this! I'm going to have a word with her.
But seriously, I meanwhile have burried this theory myself and prefer the blackout theory now... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 16, 2013 18:50

They will edit the footage of those songs with corrected audio, and want the unofficial versions off of youtube.

Date: July 16, 2013 19:00

I noticed they taken the good ones off youtube from Hyde Park 1 as well.
Spoilsports. confused smiley

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 16, 2013 19:42

If they are planning to release a dvd of the Hyde Park shows,why didn't they they at least play CYHMK once?What is the motivation to pay for a DVD of the same songs yet again?!

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 16, 2013 19:56

bonddm
If they are planning to release a dvd of the Hyde Park shows,why didn't they they at least play CYHMK once?What is the motivation to pay for a DVD of the same songs yet again?!

Ask to those who bought the GRRR compilation.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:00

I was at the Hyde Park #2 gig. and it was amazing!! had the time of my life. this was my second time seeing them! grinning smiley

I was wondering if they were planning to make a dvd, but now i'm almost 100 % sure.
At the entrance there were guys that asked us if we minded that we will be filmed for ''a film''...

Then once inside, i was front row at the catwalk, this was in front of me:

I didn't even think about to google the name, but my friend did and this is what she found:
[dugdale100.tumblr.com]

a blog. look at the first and second post:

''
I’m directing a film for The Rolling Stones

Hyde Park. London England. Summer 2013''

so there will be a film?! dvd??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-16 20:01 by samunknown.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:18

There will be a Hyde Park dvd for sure. But I won't buy it.

Posted by: p0werJ ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:22

kleermaker

Why? I will buy it immediately!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:31

p0werJ
kleermaker

Why? I will buy it immediately!

Not interesting enough. I would like to have LA 2.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:39

Sympathy for the devil, recorded 13.07.2013. Not very dramatic, but I like more photoshots. IT gives a Little overview of the stage.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:40

bonddm: "If they are planning to release a dvd of the Hyde Park shows,why didn't they at least play CYHMK once? What is the motivation to pay for a DVD of the same songs yet again?"

Just a thought: A DVD of the Hyde Park could be part of a 3 or 4 DVD set. That was the "model" of "Four Flicks" and "The Biggest Bang"- right? . So, maybe we can see and hear CYHMK - which also is on "FF" DVD- on another Disc, that will include stuff from one or more northamerican gig(s).

In any case, the whole tour gives material different than the stuff that have been included in the recent official DVDs. From "Emotional Rescue" and "2000 LYFH", to songs like "All Down the Line" which have been included in the official video of 1981 tour. Dacades ago... And many others besides the big hits.

Date: July 16, 2013 21:07

That's my way of thinking.
A three or four DVD set of this leg of the tour as well as the O2 gigs and USA last year.
Probably be out in time for Christmas and maybe,the European Tour.
Then again,will they leave it until after the next leg of the tour. Who knows. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 16, 2013 21:10

bonddm

Did you notice how they wore the same cloths for many of the songs? The only reason I can think of for wearing exactly the same outfits for the same part of the show is to use different angles, shots and close ups from both shows to create one DVD. One night was probably gurns and close ups, the other for panoramas and monkey hangs.

The audio will be touched up so we won't hear any mistakes like start me up.

Who knows, they may also film some close ups in the studio like they did for Live at the Max...

All of this I don't care about. The Stones are the best live band in the world but they do make mistakes. Hearing a recording or watching a DVD is different to being there. Hell, I didn't even notice the SMU intro on the night, but it is clear as day on the utube clips.

Posted by: wolfmeister ()
Date: July 16, 2013 21:15

i'd guess a dvd hyde-park special with a remastered 69 concert and best of 2013.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: July 16, 2013 22:22

Grison

Sympathy for the devil, recorded 13.07.2013. Not very dramatic, but I like more photoshots. IT gives a Little overview of the stage.

Watch the video at 1.34 and a couple of second after that. You can see around the flying stagecamera some kind of a face (or is it just my imagination?). Isn't that spooky? I'm not a ghostbeliever, but it gives something special to this video, isn't it?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 16, 2013 22:39

skyhawk
Grison

Watch the video at 1.34 and a couple of second after that. You can see around the flying stagecamera some kind of a face (or is it just my imagination?). Isn't that spooky? I'm not a ghostbeliever, but it gives something special to this video, isn't it?

That's Mick Jagger, singer of the Rolling Stones, on the screen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home