Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:27

Purple Mohawks are more authentic and closer to what certain Indians wore. Ronnie has the makings of a good Mohawk if you can imagine the sides of his head being shaved away/ He's the most likely Stone to wear one if his wife tells him to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 10:36 by triceratops.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:28

Two sides to every argument I guess. eye rolling smiley
Did you enjoy the show MaryNo ?
Sorry,just seen that you said it was fabulous.So glad you had a great time and you certainly deserved your place on the rail. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 10:37 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:33

sonomastone
keith is definitely doing the intro to start me up on purpose.

I said that last week. I never thought it was a flub

Posted by: MaryNo ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:42

crawdaddy
Two sides to every argument I guess. eye rolling smiley
Did you enjoy the show MaryNo ?
Sorry,just seen that you said it was fabulous.So glad you had a great time and you certainly deserved your place on the rail. winking smiley

Thank you very much smiling smiley Oh yes, the show was absolutely and totally great!! Hard to find words to describe my feelings when the countdown began and after, during these 2 hours that went like in a dream !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 10:45 by MaryNo.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:45

Aquamarine
Nah, it's gonna get boring because I couldn't think in what other thread to mention that Muddy Waters' son is currently touring the UK and apparently mentioned last night how cool it was that the Stones used to come over to his house when he was a kid. cool smiley

That's it.

Was Muddy painting the ceiling when The Stones showed up, or was that particular task delegated to Muddy Junior?

Date: July 15, 2013 11:05

Midnight Rambler
Sorry,but try embed code and can't get it to work. confused smiley

[youtu.be]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:13

triceratops
sonomastone

We'll know for sure if it sounds that way on the DVD.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:18

Is it my impression, or was this another new intro of Scarf me Up? I get the impression that it was different than in HP1...

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:19

Hi MaryNo

Sorry no nastiness intended. I heard my wife ask you very politely to move, you elected not to so we moved instead. I fully support your right to be 45 and a punk and if you had 8 hours in the sun you fully deserved to be down at the front. If someone is tall there is nothing they can do about it but you do not have to wear your hair so tall and it would shown consideration to others if you had worn it flat. If someone had been wearing a hat as tall as your hair I think it would have been an equally difficult situation. We are all fans - we all spent a lot of time and money to get the best view we can and it is frustrating when something gets in the way (I was fed up with the onstage cameras blocking my view of the band)

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the gig

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:40

I agree, you think you have a great view of the stage... untill the show starts and everyone puts his iphone up to talking a @#$%& blurry picture of Jagger 20m away.... what's the point ?

Date: July 15, 2013 11:48

beepee2 I was actually talking about the big video cameras at the front of the stage filming the show - they kept blocking my view of Ronnie, Charlie and Keith. Didn't seem such a problem at HP1, maybe because they were filming more from the little railway by the side of the walkway.

However I do agree with you about the number of people talking pictures from the audience. The guy in front of me filmed the entire show picture by picture. His partner was having a great time bopping around but he just kept taking pictures. When so many great pictures emerge from every gig (just look at the ones BV publishes on this site) I can't understand why people want to see the gig through a viewfinder, plus it interferes with the view of the people behind them.

Date: July 15, 2013 12:01

stonehearted
triceratops
sonomastone

We'll know for sure if it sounds that way on the DVD.

Mybe it is supposed to be an allusion to their out of tune playing at Hyde Park in 1969? Mick also alluded to that concert with his wardrobe and other things, so maybe this is Keith's contribution. If he had just done it once, I wouldn't think so, but after his replication I think it's possible. I mean, he never did that during the whole tour, did he? Unless he suddenly has a blackout on this intro for whatever reason (your brain can play funny games sometimes), he did that on purpose. Also possible, that the first time actually was a mistake but the second time not, because he by then had decided it's a cool link to 1969. How did the band react to it both times, did they stay cool, did they laugh or did they shake their heads and roll their eyes?

Date: July 15, 2013 12:10

I'm sure Scarf me Up will come out soon when an interviewer will put it to Keith.
''How come you f**ked up the intro to SMU twice then Keef''. winking smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 15, 2013 12:13

I don't buy the "on purpose" explanation. 1st, It sounds yet again different this time, but the music experts can comment on that, my ear is of a common listener. 2nd, I think the band would refer to it in some way (tweeter, FB, whatever), so that people didn't think it was Keith messing up 2x in a row.

And, considering that it was on purpose, would it make sense to try it just on the opening of these 2 shows? I don't think the band would ever do some "experimentation" on this level. Neither on the intro of one of their most famous songs, nor on the opening of a concert.

Personally, I don't think it's that important, or that it harms the concert, because it doesn't. But it's strange as hell, you bet it is.

Date: July 15, 2013 12:43

Good review from Uncut magazine

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Date: July 15, 2013 12:51

How about the echo we could hear sometimes during the concert ? I think everytime Keith was soloing, they increased his sound level and his speakers... which reflected on the Hospitality stand, and created a very nasty delayed echo, everytime it occurred dozens of people around me all looked behind wondering "what the heck is this ?", i was quite close to the cat walk so I assume it must have been quite an annoyance to Lisa and Mick when they were there.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 15, 2013 12:56

johnnythunders
Good review from Uncut magazine

[www.uncut.co.uk]

I can live with that review. But why that Jew's Harp remark?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 15, 2013 13:21

beepee2
How about the echo we could hear sometimes during the concert ? I think everytime Keith was soloing, they increased his sound level and his speakers... which reflected on the Hospitality stand, and created a very nasty delayed echo, everytime it occurred dozens of people around me all looked behind wondering "what the heck is this ?", i was quite close to the cat walk so I assume it must have been quite an annoyance to Lisa and Mick when they were there.

It was due to the monitors on the catwalk being turned on.

Posted by: MaryNo ()
Date: July 15, 2013 13:23

johnnythunders
Hi MaryNo

Sorry no nastiness intended. I heard my wife ask you very politely to move, you elected not to so we moved instead. I fully support your right to be 45 and a punk and if you had 8 hours in the sun you fully deserved to be down at the front. If someone is tall there is nothing they can do about it but you do not have to wear your hair so tall and it would shown consideration to others if you had worn it flat. If someone had been wearing a hat as tall as your hair I think it would have been an equally difficult situation. We are all fans - we all spent a lot of time and money to get the best view we can and it is frustrating when something gets in the way (I was fed up with the onstage cameras blocking my view of the band)

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the gig

Well, it was a bit nasty to say that I am not even a girl… !! The problem is that your wife asked me to take the place of someone else, how could I have done this ? I knew the woman standing at the barrier only since the afternoon, so how could I have asked her to give me her place ? Of course I would have liked to move at the barrier but it was her place, not mine. I understand that you want to see the show the best as possible and I was not there to bother someone. But a concert always involves a part of mess and we all have to deal with others : people with bulky curly hair, fat and tall ones, people who spend their time their hands up with big cameras etc etc... I imagine you must not be very used to have punks at your shows but getting our hair up is natural for us. And I thought it was good to show to the Stones that punks love them despite all the shitty things said on them in the late 1970’s by some punk bands of those times. Maybe you will find this stupid and of no importance but for me it was important that they know that punks love them and will support them forever!
But ok, let’s bury the hatchet now. Yes I totally enjoyed the show and hope you too!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 15, 2013 13:59

I was just opposite the catwalk in T3 and must say I was surprised to see that tall yellow mohawk in the front of T1 but you're right, to each their own, I'm 6'3" and had my hiking shoes that have thick soles and was on the rail that is slightly raised so must have bothered quite a few people too and the friend in front of me was sometimes swinging his arms, but what the heck, this is a moment of common joy and things can only fall into place nicely.

BTW my full audio recording is now available in the "50th archive" [www.iorr.org] so if you want to go back to HP, a bit, feel free to grab it! I have an MP3 version for people who can't use lossless flac files.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 14:01 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 15, 2013 14:25

Wild Slivovitz
beepee2

It was due to the monitors on the catwalk being turned on.

So was it the echo of the monitors or the monitors themselves ? I guess Mick and Lisa could hear it as we did, that can be quite confusing to keep the right rythm and sing at the right time.

Posted by: wolfmeister ()
Date: July 15, 2013 14:30

beepee2

That was really annoying actually and as far as i could tell by the fence/catwalk, it was caused by monitors on the catwalk playing primarily the snare-drum but with a time-delay. I say that cos it only happend when Keith started to move towards the catwalk. The first time it happened i was watching charlie and thought "he's lost the timing", but although he did lose the timing once, it wasn't that, it was just it looked like he was out of time because his snare stick wasn't in time with the delayed monitor sound of the snare.

BUT, oddly it didnt happen every time mick came down the catwalk. It was a rogue delay-feed anyway.

Our only dissapointment was that Keith and Ronnie didnt come down the catwalk.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 15, 2013 14:34

wolfmeister
beepee2

That was really annoying actually and as far as i could tell by the fence/catwalk, it was caused by monitors on the catwalk playing primarily the snare-drum but with a time-delay. I say that cos it only happend when Keith started to move towards the catwalk. The first time it happened i was watching charlie and thought "he's lost the timing", but although he did lose the timing once, it wasn't that, it was just it looked like he was out of time because his snare stick wasn't in time with the delayed monitor sound of the snare.

BUT, oddly it didnt happen every time mick came down the catwalk. It was a rogue delay-feed anyway.

Our only dissapointment was that Keith and Ronnie didnt come down the catwalk.

On "Miss You" they both did to make some plain posing...

Date: July 15, 2013 14:36

First time i think about those issues actually.

If you have a singer singing 50m away from the band and the speakers... then he sings with a slight delay, slight but still likely to be noticed as he will speak once he hears the sound arriving to his hears one or two 10th of a second after that was really played, and he will also hear himself with a slight delay. yawning smiley

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 15, 2013 14:43

CaptainGlassback
If you can't get to the show and are in europe with a HD stb move your dish to 24.5W and tune to 11580H 7500. The show is currently live. Have set timer and am off to get the train up there now. Hope to watch a rerun later if they don't switch off or encrypt the feed at 20.25!! Cheers folks!

CaptainGlassback, were you able to record the show?

Date: July 15, 2013 14:44

Wild Slivovitz

On "Miss You" they both did to make some plain posing...

I really hated this... almost pretending to play guitar, 10 sec on the left, pretending to laugh out loud for no reason (a bit like a blonde girl on a photo shoot..) then 10sec on the right for the other part of the crowd, then back to the stage...

Date: July 15, 2013 14:47

beepee2
First time i think about those issues actually.

If you have a singer singing 50m away from the band and the speakers... then he sings with a slight delay, slight but still likely to be noticed as he will speak once he hears the sound arriving to his hears one or two 10th of a second after that was really played, and he will also hear himself with a slight delay. yawning smiley

which is why they time-delay.

A bigger example of this was the field pa stacks. didn't you notice the time delay stacks in the audience further back in the field labelled TIME DELAY ONE, TIME DELAY TWO etc?? the signal arriving at these PA stacks is delayed to match the delay from FOH at that distance. same principal, but something went wrong that's for sure, lol, there shouldn't have been a delay like that on stage. Charlie was looking around like "wtf!?" lol

Mind you having said that, at the Zoo TV U2 gig at wembley, everytime they played a roll/transition between a verse/chorus they all went out of time completely, lol.

finally, even though mick was like 15ft away at time i didnt notice if he uses in-ear monitoring.

Date: July 15, 2013 14:50

oh, he was using in-ear i have now seen on video, so perhaps the snare was for keith, and it didnt work and hence he never came down the catwalk?

Date: July 15, 2013 15:09

KurtKuurna
Hello! This was my 14th Stones-gig, previous one The O2 first show.
I think this Hyde Park-mix should have been much louder, a lot dissappointed to that fact, and Charlie was just smiling, and making songs slower all the time, and Keith made the same with his rhythm guitar.
I would say this was my last time. For the first time really dissappointed after a Stones-Show. Came from Finland just to see them. Thanks. -kurt

so basically what you are saying is...

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time

??

winking smiley

Date: July 15, 2013 15:25

MaryNo, thank you. Being in close proximity to strangers for hours in very hot weather clearly requires everyone to behave reasonably and for the most part that is what I saw in T1 on both dates so well done to all of us.

I think the Stones know that punks like them - "No Elvis Beatles or Rolling Stones" was very obviously Bernie Rhodes nonsense when Mick Jones was clearly a total fan of Keith Richards and Strummer, Matlock, Thunders etc were all big Stones fans. The Only Ones guitarist John Perry has written the best book on Exiles..

And gotdablouse thanks so much for your HP recording. I converted it from FLAC to mp3 using ALL2MP3 and am hoping to listen tonight at home.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home