Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Jeffer ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:03

Yes! Eagle Rock Productions.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:12

Good news, I can get my 20th Dvd containing all the warhorses.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:23

OK, thanks. Same set list for Galstonburry and the 2 HP (except Glastonbury Girl, Can't You Hear Me Knocking and 2000 Light Years From Home), so will there be 2 DVD ?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:30

Rokyfan
stonehearted
BowieStone
frtg55
BowieStone
I believe Keith must have really liked his SMU intro last week, as he did it again tonight.

Is that really true?

Yep.

Could be a ploy by Keith to get The Stones back into the studio, because the more he messes up, the more studio overdubs that will need to be done for the CD/DVD.
you're not serious when you say something like that, are you?

I'll leave that for you to decide.

But don't think on it too hard, and don't let your scarf get in your way as you type--you might mess up the intro to your post.

And remember, an edit on a blog forum is like an overdub on a DVD.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:35

stonehearted
BowieStone
frtg55
BowieStone
I believe Keith must have really liked his SMU intro last week, as he did it again tonight.

Is that really true?

Yep.

Could be a ploy by Keith to get The Stones back into the studio, because the more he messes up, the more studio overdubs that will need to be done for the CD/DVD.

Pierre de Beauport will probably do the overdubs.

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:36

I loved watching this video, it made me realise how privileged I was to see both hyde park shows. I admire these fans, I don't think that a 10 foot fence ruined their day, and they probably didn't complain either about the set list or that MT only played 2 songs. What a great atmosphere. In some ways, I wish I had been there with them on the outside rather than being inside.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: July 14, 2013 12:46

Ruby Tuesday on the 13th ... I missed that !! ( was only there on the 6th...)

@manofwealthandtaste and barroomqueen: we were sorry to loose you on our way out, couldn't say goodbye and thanks again for the nice meeting on friday night!! hope to see you next time ! (there will be a next show of course !!!)

Date: July 14, 2013 12:50

gotdablouse
....D&G went down really well again last night and some young fans just behind new ALL of its lyrics amazingly enough!

Could be that they got to the Stones via the new material? They liked it and came to the show.

There's always lots of kids at Stones shows, always surprises me

Date: July 14, 2013 13:05

Hyde Park 2 was my 50th Stones show, it brought my 1000th live stones song (at Tumbling Dice), and I reached 120 distinct songs (with Emotional Rescue). During that run the only 2 songs they played each show were BS and TD.

A few personal milestones I wanted to share.

#yesikeepaspreadsheet

As far as the show was concerned, I found myself filling out the set list at least 8 songs in advance. After Doom & Gloom (which I love) it was a bit boring.

On the plus side I loved that ER and Angie were in the set. There were lots of happy fans all around, and plenty of kids - none of whom looked bored because their parents had dragged them along.

I do hope they come back soon with new material. I'd love to see a new tour, and strip out a few of those warhorses.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 14, 2013 13:21

"Killer" version of JJF!

Date: July 14, 2013 13:23

Just an impression, reading the forum, Glastonburry was better than the 2 HP shows no ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 14, 2013 13:42

Powerage
Were the 2 Hyde Park shows filmed and recorded ?

Yes they were. The first show had cameras moving up and down along the catwalk the whole time but not last night (unless they were on the tier 3 side of the catwalk instead), which is probably why the catwalk was used less last night, or so it seemed to me anyway. Last night they had two big cameras working hard at the front of the stage, which both Mick and Keith were playing up to quite a lot.

The show was several notches up from the first one and that was the general consensus among everyone I was with or spoke to afterwards. Yes, I heard mistakes but didn't give a damn about those - they were fleeting blips in a driving energetic, energizing and hugely enjoyable performance. Street Fighting Man was a major highlight for me. I hadn't particularly wanted to hear it but they played such a mean powerful version that I'm really glad they did play it. I expected Mick to give up the falsetto on ER after a few lines and it was a great surprise when he didn't. He was in fine voice last night and the overall sound was much better, too.

We heard that people outside had climbed trees to get a look-in. There's some deja vu!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 14, 2013 13:48

"Better", really ? It's music, not a horse race ;-)

HighwireC

Thank you very much, Guillaume!
I've put some thumbs of your beautiful pics and a link to your Picasa feed on my homepage now:
[www.highwire-therollingstones.de]
hope you like it, too.

And now I'm waiting for some more live acts, specially for Germany,
may be anounced shortly after Mick's 70-And-Counting-Celebration next week

Sure thing, nice page, well done! I'm back home now so I'm able to see my pictures on a computer, some are a tad fuzzy unfortunately, oh wel...

Here are few more I like (going backwards) :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 13:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 13:58

My impression was that the stones played better on gig #2 but I thought the audience and atmosphere at 1 was better. I didn't hear anyone talking during the set though.

It was interesting to hear emotional rescue as its not a song I really like. It came over better than I thought it would but I'd rather have had cyhmk.

It was great to hear ruby Tuesday again and many people there said it was their highlight.

My highlights were ygts, Mr and sftd. When you leave the gig everyone's singing either woo woo or miss you so these songs are the real crowd pleasers.

I did not hear any mistake on smu intro so I'm surprised to hear this again. I'm sure it will be glaringly obvious on YouTube though.

I went back to sit out the encores at the side because it was so hot in the audience and it was nice to take it in fron that vantage point. Seeing Mick work such a big crowd is an amazing experience.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:05

That was the hardest gig for me, sun, heat, and a very packed front of stage, i couldnt even pick up my bag on the floor till the end.

Re: sad smileyRe: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:14

Vertigo05
I'm jealous!!! I was last week at Hyde Park and it was great but they played Emotional Rescue tonight! I WANT TO HEAR IT LIVE TOO!!!! smileys with beer

I, on the other hand, am greatly relieved that I got to hear ADTL instead!

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:15

TippyToe
BowieStone
frtg55
BowieStone

Is that really true?

Yep.

Probably no one told Keith that he f*cked it up last week.
Mick did a new version of 'Factory Girl' at Glastonbury, so Keith decided to create an new intro riff of SMU... and he only had one week time for his creativity... that's all drinking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:20

Yeah it was tough, I was able to alternate between standing and sitting against the barrier at the angle of the stage/catwalk in T3 so there was shade for most of the day, but after the initial high of making it to that terrific spot, it dawned on me I'd have to be there for 8 hours...a bit daunting but the endless supply of water we were kindly given helped that feeling go away.

I must say that when I hacked my way to the loos and food stands at about 3PM I was stunned by how hot it was in that area. Many people seemed to have given up on a spot and were taking it easy in the shade of the big trees.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:29

Thanx gotdablouse for sharing all these wonderful photos with us. thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:47

Ladykiller

Indeed! Thank you! smileys with beer

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:55

Cant wait to see how SMU is going to sound on the DVD

Date: July 14, 2013 14:59

Best SMU version ever... off course. drinking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 14, 2013 15:00

His Majesty
Ladykiller

Indeed! Thank you! smileys with beer

Yes, thanks indeed! I especially love the one of Mick and MT.

There are more photos too on the IORR review page - thanks too for those, BV.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 14, 2013 15:15

Emotional Rescue:

I think it's the best version so far.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 14, 2013 15:27

Hopefully there will be a hybrid dvd/bluray of the Hyde Park shows!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 14, 2013 15:36

Hyde Park 2 was my 50th Stones show, it brought my 1000th live stones song (at Tumbling Dice), and I reached 120 distinct songs

1000 songs = almost half a million notes!
(suggest you stop counting so much)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 14, 2013 15:47

Just getting caught up with the updates...WOW! Thank you for all the amazing photos, special mention goes to gotdablouse and to Bjornulf who has put up many beautiful photographs here. [www.iorr.org]

Looking forward to spending a lazy Sunday enjoying all of your great work.

Thanks again, everyone!

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: July 14, 2013 16:04

@gotdablouse fantastic pix! Great moments of interplay. The set and lighting at Hyde Park are especially stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your impressions, really captures the energy, artistry, and excitement of the finale - of this leg anyway winking smiley

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 14, 2013 16:06

JohnnyBGoode
Emotional Rescue:

I think it's the best version so far.

Exactly my thoughts.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 14, 2013 16:06

laertisflash
Folks, your posts became very moving... Does it mean that you predict that Hyde Park #2 is the last Stones gig ever?

Keith mentioned in a radio interview, that is posted here somewhere, that they are touring Europe and are looking into dates but he can't confirm anything yet.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home