Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 14, 2013 22:24

Many thanks for the reviews, photos and clips, folks.

Did you see the clip showing people outside the fences, who enjoy JJF? Oh my...
In 2013 people outside the fences are mush more enthousiastic than those who were in front of stage at 5th July 1969!! Compared to the 1969 gig, the audiences of the two 2013 gigs were something like ... Buenos Aires crowd, IMO. My impression from 1969 DVD is that the crowd had been roused from a deep sleep during SFTD only...

Finally, don't need anyone to be so much nostalgic...

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 22:42

Anyone have a picture of Keith and Charlie leaving the stage?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:13

CMH516
Anyone have a picture of Keith and Charlie leaving the stage?

Only in my mind, I'm afraid (where all the great shots you never took are, unfaded and in perfect quality). I hope somebody did get it, or filmed the end of the final bows.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:15

A few pictures .................

The usual FOS suspects, taken by a very friendly pro photographer who was getting shots of one of the preceding acts ........ fankyew kindly whoever you were !!

The other way round; i.e. stage in the background

Keith doing Happy

One of my favourite shots .......

Rambler intro .........

Will post more in due course

WHAT a show, WHAT bloody marvellous SOUND too ......... still reelin' with the shock of it all !!

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley and so on ......................... hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley ..............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:15

Promomam, your "YGTS" video is excellent!

Any Greeks around you? On 0.52, when Ronnie starts playing, a woman's youthful voice says in greek "m aresi poli i fatsa tou", which means "i like his face a lot". Who's face? Keith's? Ronnie's? Someone's from the crowd? Who knows...

Greek IORRians at Hyde Park? If the answer is "yes", let's introduce each other, but my first (five) words are: Hey, compatriots, i envy you so much...

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:16

Thanks Green Lady. Can you describe it a bit? Sounds like a great moment.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:17

Only decent clips I seen so far are Emotional Rescue and Ruby Tuesday,as well as the crowd outside the fence.
Be loads around tomorrow I hope.
Bring 'em on guys. winking smiley

Date: July 14, 2013 23:21

Great shots Paul .
Especially your fave.
Gotta be a classic shot. smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:46

Manofwealthandtaste
Satisfaction all round........

Time to go home! Great to meet everyone in the Paxton's Head afterwards........where were you Johnnythunders?!
@Gotdablouse - thanks for the great photos, sorry not to see you this time.

That picture is great, a good summary of the atmosphere I'd say!

Yes unlike T1, T3 is not an easy place to catch up with people, rather packed! Good idea to stay in the shade as much as possible, I was struck by the crazy heat when I made a loo/sandwich run around 3.30. Being right against the rail in the corner of the stage/catwalk we got some decent protection from the sun in the afternoon when sitting against it. Looks like you had a pretty decent view and got more immersed in the "crowd" and the sheer magnitude of the event, not something you get when you're in the front...would be nice to be able to zip back and forth.

@johnnythunders - thanks for the lowdown on that punk woman who was blocking the view! Hopefully she wears it each day not just when going to concerts...I'll have to check the rest of my pics but I think I have some decent ones showing what it looked like from oppsite the catwalk with my hands raised high.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:52

CMH516

Well, first the usual business with the final bows: the whole stage personnel, then the core band including Mick Taylor. In between there was a lot of hugging - Keith and Darryl in a long embrace, among others.

But after the five-person bow, there was another one - Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron, with Mick T standing behind them arms raised as if blessing them. Then very gradually they started to wander reluctantly off the stage. People say they saw tears in Keith's eyes: I wasn't close enough to know. But I do know Charlie and Keith put their arms round each others' shoulders as they left: I can see their two backs disappearing arm in arm offstage just before the stage lights went out.

Date: July 14, 2013 23:56

gotdablouse
Manofwealthandtaste
Satisfaction all round........

Time to go home! Great to meet everyone in the Paxton's Head afterwards........where were you Johnnythunders?!
@Gotdablouse - thanks for the great photos, sorry not to see you this time.

Yes unlike T1, T3 is not an easy place to catch up with people, rather packed! Good idea to stay in the shade as much as possible, I was struck by the crazy heat when I made a loo/sandwich run around 3.30. Being right against the rail in the corner of the stage/catwalk we got some decent protection from the sun in the afternoon when sitting against it. Looks like you had a pretty decent view and got more immersed in the "crowd" and the sheer magnitude of the event, not something you get when you're in the front...would be nice to be able to zip back and forth.

@johnnythunders - thanks for the lowdown on that punk woman who was blocking the view! Hopefully she wears it each day not just when going to concerts...I'll have to check the rest of my pics but I think I have some decent ones showing what it looked like from oppsite the catwalk with my hands raised high.

That picture is great, a good summary of the atmosphere I'd say!
Another great shot from a terrific gig.
Not there myself but the pics and videos from the last 3 gigs conveys it all. smileys with beer

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 15, 2013 00:29

Green Lady
CMH516

Well, first the usual business with the final bows: the whole stage personnel, then the core band including Mick Taylor. In between there was a lot of hugging - Keith and Darryl in a long embrace, among others.

But after the five-person bow, there was another one - Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron, with Mick T standing behind them arms raised as if blessing them. Then very gradually they started to wander reluctantly off the stage. People say they saw tears in Keith's eyes: I wasn't close enough to know. But I do know Charlie and Keith put their arms round each others' shoulders as they left: I can see their two backs disappearing arm in arm offstage just before the stage lights went out.

Spot on. It also seemed to me that when the second bow finished, Mick T encouraged the other 4 to take a bow together without him - looked like he was encouraging the crowd for one last cheer for 'the band'. Really nice moment. Didn't see any tears from Keith - but a wistful look and a sadness (with a half-smile) at leaving the stage...

But that was only my view! smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:00

Green Lady
CMH516

Sounds like this was their last concert confused smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:03

NICOS
Green Lady
CMH516

Sounds like this was their last concert confused smiley

Doubt it somehow ......... they'll be back

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:13

Green Lady
CMH516

Yes, that was a good hug between Keith and Daryl. Keith had an exchange with Daryl at one point during the show - could be he was complimenting his playing, which would have been well deserved - so perhaps the hug followed on from that.

Posted by: jaggerrich ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:22

Zagalo
Didn't see any tears from Keith - but a wistful look and a sadness (with a half-smile) at leaving the stage...

But that was only my view! smiling smiley

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. I definitely saw Keith's eyes filling up as he looked back at the audience before leaving the stage. There were definitely tears there. I don't think we can read anything into it, such as The Stone's last gig. I think just a case of him feeling overcome by the surge of goodwill from the crowd. Rich.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 15, 2013 03:42

How about that last shot guys?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 03:43 by Promoman.

Date: July 15, 2013 03:53

I was lucky enough to be in London just when they were playing their second Hyde Park show. I was there!!! What a joy it was too. I kept thinking, "This is the same place they played in 1969." Even back then I was a fan. I've now seen them 3 times since May.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 04:11

The lack of YouTube clips for this second Hyde Park gig is odd. We don't even get to hear the "lost chord" at the beginning of Start Me Up. It seemed like the U.S. shows had clips covering the shows from start to finish including final bows posted within 24 hours, but for HP2, virtually nothing.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 15, 2013 04:13

stonehearted
The lack of YouTube clips for this second Hyde Park gig is odd. We don't even get to hear the "lost chord" at the beginning of Start Me Up. It seemed like the U.S. shows had clips covering the shows from start to finish including final bows posted within 24 hours, but for HP2, virtually nothing.
From what I have read the PIC are pulling them ASAP in anticipation of selling these HP shows.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 04:47

Max'sKansasCity
stonehearted
From what I have read the PIC are pulling them ASAP in anticipation of selling these HP shows.

That makes sense. But that means the "lost chord" intros of Start Me Up will be lost forever--well, maybe they'll reappear after the DVD has had it's sales run, and there are also the bootlegs.

In the meantime, perhaps some of these can be found on Vimeo and Dailymotion. Vimeo especially, since you could still get BBC Glastonbury clips long after they were pulled from YouTube.

Edit: Found a video of Start me Up, July 13. This is the way Keith plays the intro now apparently--he meant to do that:

Street Fighting Man, July 13 at Hyde Park.

Last 2 minutes of Happy, July 13.

Last few minutes of Midnight Rambler, July 13.

Sympathy For The Devil, July 13.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 05:16 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 15, 2013 06:23

I'm loving the clips, but hating the way peeps are all holding up phones.

Dilemmas!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 15, 2013 07:13

keith is definitely doing the intro to start me up on purpose.

Posted by: RollingGnome ()
Date: July 15, 2013 08:11

I think im gonna cry.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 15, 2013 08:33

sonomastone
keith is definitely doing the intro to start me up on purpose.

Not sure about that. Hard to tell from the video the people are screaming too much after the first chord.

Posted by: MaryNo ()
Date: July 15, 2013 09:42

What the hell, I cannot believe all these nasty comments about me !! How intolerant you are that's incredible !! Yes I am a girl, yes I am a punk and yes I deserved staying at my place after 8 hours under the sun ! Sorry if I bothered some people behind me but others people bothered me too cause they were either too big, or too tall and I didn't asked them to cut their belly or bend their knees. I love the Stones since 1981, I am now 45 years old and it's absolutely unbelievable to see how little minds some people have here. What would you have said if I was a black girl with a big afro hair cut ?? Would you have reacted the same ?? The concert was absolutely fabulous and sorry guys but Stones fans can also be a punk girl with a yellow mohawk. Tssss, luckily there were also nice people around in Tier 1, not only this kind of embittered old people like you who just think about whining !

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 15, 2013 09:50

It is quite interesting to read so many points of view and I am happy that people have so many oppinions.
In my point of view Mick Jagger did not succeed with his performance last Saturday as he did run around on the first Hyde Park concert. He had clear problems with breathing and singing and getting along with the stage. Of course I still envy his physical strength, but to be honest on hyde Park 2 he war worn out. It was Keith this time who held the show together which we would never expect after the 2007 concerts. Even Ronnie had soundwise difficulties to get the right tune.
Anyway I do not want to exaggerate the lows as we are all happy to see them on stage.

For me still London 2, Anaheim 2 and then by no means Philly 2 have been the most outstanding concerts so far.

I was also quite surprised to see the final bows three times and to see them hugging and thanking each other. As Mick said that this will be the final concert of this tour I am wondering how they will, if they do at all, continue...

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 15, 2013 09:52

Seems that this thread might get interesting now...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:05

Nah, it's gonna get boring because I couldn't think in what other thread to mention that Muddy Waters' son is currently touring the UK and apparently mentioned last night how cool it was that the Stones used to come over to his house when he was a kid. cool smiley

That's it.

Posted by: MaryNo ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:07

johnnythunders
Gotdablouse was right about the French punk woman (definitely not a girl) at the front of T1 with the yellow coxcomb which stood up about two feet and made it very difficult to see anything if you were behind her (as we were). It's bad enough when people wear hats but this was disastrous. My wife asked her if she would swap places with her friend on the rail where would have impeded less people's vision, but she refused to do this. So we executed a stealthy sideways shuffle to end up standing behind a diminutive Japanese lady who stood on her shopping to see but was still easy to see over the top of. Phew, disaster averted.

What the hell, I cannot believe all these nasty comments about me !! How intolerant you are that's incredible !! Yes I am a girl, yes I am a punk and yes I deserved staying at my place after 8 hours under the sun ! Sorry if I bothered some people behind me but others people bothered me too cause they were either too big, or too tall and I didn't asked them to cut their belly or bend their knees. I love the Stones since 1981, I am now 45 years old and it's absolutely unbelievable to see how little minds some people have here. What would you have said if I was a black girl with a big afro hair cut ?? Would you have reacted the same ?? The concert was absolutely fabulous and sorry guys but Stones fans can also be a punk girl with a yellow mohawk. Tssss, luckily there were also nice people around in Tier 1, not only this kind of embittered old people like you who just think about whining !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home