Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 31
Re: Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:11

So, how was it? Best show ever?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:11

EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity
palerider22
Max'sKansasCity
I SAID YEAH YEAH YEAH WOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!
smileys with beer...LOL
smileys with beer grinning smiley

And we're just getting warmed up.... Daytone 400 coming right up!!!
CRANK IT!!! TURN EVERYTHING UP LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

And we've got the German Grand Prix tomorrow and NEXT WEEK...........Stones and Saturday and Sunday a Royal Air Force display team is coming to town - and those mothers are the loudest............last time a couple of Tornado jets flew over our heads 200 feet up......I thought I was in Star wars......vibrating rib cage and everything.........f-u-c-king hell!...........

I love those jets man, they are great, esp when they "buzz the tower"... sounds like rock and roll.... We used to have some jets that would buzz our lake place sometimes... we would hanging out in the sun... AND WHAMO!!!!! It was awesome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 17:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:12

mtaylor
Last consert ever (sic) .

Uh, no.

They'll be back next season with a bang.

Date: July 7, 2013 01:16

and btw- It is best to simply ignore all the complaining naysayers and setlist whiners, they would be miserable no matter what, or who, or how, anything/anybody was played. Bitching, whining and constant pessimism is what they do, it makes them happy to be bummed out.

Eeyore is their mascot.
"oh no, I lost my tail" "what a bummer"

Date: July 7, 2013 01:16

TimeIs
mtaylor
Last consert ever (sic) .

Uh, no.

They'll be back next season with a bang.
Damn right they will be.... BACK WITH A BIGGER HUGER BANG!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:22

Max'sKansasCity
and btw- It is best to simply ignore all the complaining naysayers and setlist whiners, they would be miserable no matter what, or who, or how, anything/anybody was played. Bitching, whining and constant pessimism is what they do, it makes them happy to be bummed out.

Eeyore is their mascot.

Max, please pick another mascot, I love Eyeore. sad smiley

"We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."

"It's not much of a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it."

Date: July 7, 2013 01:26

latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity

Eeyore is their mascot.

Max, please pick another mascot, I love Eyeore. sad smiley

"We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."

"It's not much of a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it."

We all love Eeyore, of course we do, and
we all have an Eeyore (or 4) in our life, and
more than our fair share of Eeyores on this board.

Buy yes, of course my dear latebloomer,
I defer to you to pick their mascot, I wasnt
trying to insult anyone, just stating the facts, ma'am.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:27

If i estimate correctly, on the four UK gigs of the "50 and counting Tour" the Stones have played 33 different songs, including some really rare numbers (Lady Jane, Factory Girl, 2000 LYFH, etc). And probably they will add up some (i guess four) more different songs on Hyde Park #2.

So, what the hell do the "all the time and for everything" complainers mean when they are talking about "boring lists"? How many times have they heard live "Bitch" or "Beast Of Burden" in the last years?

Once again: On the current tour the Stones have played in UK 33 different songs, so far. Exactly the same number of songs had been played in 1978, not on 4, 5, or 6 gigs, but on the whole tour... (I notice that because, as i see, the huge majority of the "setlist complainers" are yerning, in the same time, for the so called "golden years").

Date: July 7, 2013 01:30

OK IT TIME TO COUNT DOWN TO GREEN!!! and time for more beeeeer smileys with beer

STONES!!!! CONGRATS ON ANOTHER GREAT GIG!!
even if I couldnt be there, my stiff upper lip is firmly in place,
and when they come back in the fall... I am hell bent...

Posted by: wolfmeister ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:31

i've got tickets for next weekend but cycled up there tonight, it was a PARTY outside the fence, lol, thousands of people singing along, and cheering and applauding.

can't wait for next week

they should put a big screen outside like 'henman hill' at wimbledon tennis. there was as many peoople 'at the gig' outside as inside i reckon.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:32

The problem I have with this setlist is that you know you had all the surprises after 7 songs. After that it's autopilot.

I was at the show and I thought it was a step down from the brilliant Glasogig.
Keith messed up the entire SMU intro and the intro to GS was also something weird.

It felt like a Rolling Stones show for beginners.

All in all it was fun, but nothing special.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:35

Max'sKansasCity

Buy yes, of course my dear latebloomer,
I defer to you to pick their mascot, I wasnt
trying to insult anyone, just stating the facts, ma'am.

Thank you Max, but I'm not the one to pick a mascot, I can't even decide on a pair of shoes...and as my Dad used to say, don't confuse the issue with facts. winking smiley

Date: July 7, 2013 01:36

so the 'attendance' for the gig should really include those outside, it was alot that's for sure, people were picnicing with drinks etc, just like in 69.

Date: July 7, 2013 01:37

cheer up mate we were having a party outside the fence, it was great, cheer up man... it's only rock and roll.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:39

I knew I would look here and there would be whining about the setlist, blah blah.

Don't listen. IT WAS GREAT. And there was a nice Mick/Keith moment too.

It was a special night for me, just sorry my feet were too sore from dancing to make it to the pub to meet everyone. sad smiley

Unless they were whining about the setlist, of course.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:46

Cocaine Eyes
I actually loved the "heroin teeth". Gave him an edge. Not that he needed one.

It wasn't really the heroin, as Keith's teeth were already well on the way out by 1969 as you can see in the film Gimme Shelter, and he had only been doing heroin for a year or two by that point.

The issue was Keith's own fear of visiting the dentist, which he details in the early pages of Life:

I should have a badge for surviving the early National Service dentists. The appointments were I think two a year--they had school inspections--and my mum had to drag me screaming to them. She'd have to spend some hard-earned money to buy me something afterwards, because every time I went there was sheer hell. No mercy. "Shut up, kid." The red rubber apron, like an Edgar Allan Poe horror. They had those very rickety machines in those days, '49, '50, belt-drive drills, electric-chair straps to hold you down.

The dentist was an ex-army bloke. My teeth got ruined by it. I developed a fear of going to the dentist with, by the mid-'70s, visible consequences--a mouthful of blackened teeth. Gas is expensive, so you'd just get a whiff. And also they got more for an extraction than for a filling. So everything came out. They would just yank it out, with the smallest whiff of gas, and you'd wake up halfway through an extraction; seeing that red rubber hose, that mask, you felt like you were a bomber pilot, except you had no bomber. The red rubber mask and the man looming over you like Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man. It was the only time I saw the devil, as I imagined. I was dreaming, and I saw the three-pronged fork and he was laughing away, and I wake up and he's going, "Stop squawking, boy. I've got another twenty to do today." And all I got out of it was a dinky toy, a plastic gun.

----Life, pp. 28-29 (Hardcover)

Date: July 7, 2013 01:50

stonehearted
Cocaine Eyes

It wasn't really the heroin, as Keith's teeth were already well on the way out by 1969 as you can see in the film Gimme Shelter, and he had only been doing heroin for a year or two by that point.

The issue was Keith's own fear of visiting the dentist, which he details in the early pages of Life:

I should have a badge for surviving the early National Service dentists. The appointments were I think two a year--they had school inspections--and my mum had to drag me screaming to them. She'd have to spend some hard-earned money to buy me something afterwards, because every time I went there was sheer hell. No mercy. "Shut up, kid." The red rubber apron, like an Edgar Allan Poe horror. They had those very rickety machines in those days, '49, '50, belt-drive drills, electric-chair straps to hold you down.

The dentist was an ex-army bloke. My teeth got ruined by it. I developed a fear of going to the dentist with, by the mid-'70s, visible consequences--a mouthful of blackened teeth. Gas is expensive, so you'd just get a whiff. And also they got more for an extraction than for a filling. So everything came out. They would just yank it out, with the smallest whiff of gas, and you'd wake up halfway through an extraction; seeing that red rubber hose, that mask, you felt like you were a bomber pilot, except you had no bomber. The red rubber mask and the man looming over you like Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man. It was the only time I saw the devil, as I imagined. I was dreaming, and I saw the three-pronged fork and he was laughing away, and I wake up and he's going, "Stop squawking, boy. I've got another twenty to do today." And all I got out of it was a dinky toy, a plastic gun.

ee stop it!! i rememebr two nurses and the dentist holding me down in a struggle and gassing me, and that drill.. *shudder*

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:54

Great show. The boys done good.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:55

Yeah, the sound of the high pitched scream of the drill (and probably me screaming too) will last for ther rest of my life too LOL

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:58

Extraordinary just feeding kitty should be at st Giles in about half an hour

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:59

EddieByword

What's really apparent, is that none of them have lips. Well, Jagger's are very thin. Pucker up!

Date: July 7, 2013 02:03

this thread an some of the fans on this forum are a joke.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:05

keefriffhard4life
this thread an some of the fans on this forum are a joke.

please explain

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:08

I read this thread and all of the complainers are really annoying here.
I was at the show and it was and GREAT gig!
Some moments were amazing. Other memories now in my mind.
Mick was on FIRE. Before they make me run killed like Gimme Shelter (one of the BEST version I have ever heard). All the warhorses rocked!
Gary Clark Junior is a very good guest, a way better than all the Chicago's guests.
Conclusion: whatever the setlist, the show was excellent with a new kind of setlist than the American Tour.
Oh and a message to all the complainers: the Stones didn't decide to play "only" 2 hours, it is the city of London who obligates them to stop early.

Benjamin.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:09

rollingon
bye bye johnny

Getty Images

That picture shows some real feelings IMO maybe their "relationship" is getting to heal and warm up, I really hope so!

Their "strong working relationship" has never been stronger.winking smiley

As for warmth, I'll believe it when Mick and Keith are photographed together exiting the same restaurant at the same time, or when Keith joins Mick, Charlie, and Ronnie for one those social outings like dinner.

Whatever the case, I think we should be glad that there is even a relationship--working or otherwise--at all these days.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:12

wolfmeister
stonehearted
Cocaine Eyes

ee stop it!! i rememebr two nurses and the dentist holding me down in a struggle and gassing me, and that drill.. *shudder*

I was scarred as a child from the English dentists.... I remember well that black rubber mask, and the smell, as the dentist crammed it over your nose and mouth - and my dentist was in Harley Street! (he later died of a brain tumor - karma??)

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:12

benstones
Oh and a message to all the complainers: the Stones didn't decide to play "only" 2 hours, it is the city of London who obligates them to stop early.

If they wanted they could have started the show at 8pm of course.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:15

Should have started at 8, I find it very strange they played at Glastonbury longer than Hyde Park.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:15

The whiners here aren't actual fans, this tour has proven that beyond any doubt. Nothing they say can prove otherwise. The Rolling Stones are finishing up what has been a shockingly good tour and people who purport to be fans keep criticizing the band for being nothing other than the Rolling Stones. If the Rolling Stones in 2013 don't float your boat, go crank the Brussels bootleg in your Mom's basement and weep for the past, but stop pretending to be actual fans.

And, by the way, this tour kicks the crap outta '73.

And Taylor is LUCKY to be onstage with them.

Peace to the real fans. It's been a helluva wonderful couple of months.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:16

BowieStone
benstones

If they wanted they could have started the show at 8pm of course.

The Vaccines were planed to finish at 8.00 but they finished at 7.35
The Fans video began before 8.30 and they finished just 2 hours after.

Normally, they finish every shows at 10.15 in Hyde Park

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 02:18 by benstones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home