Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What Magic Will Autumn Winds Blow In This Year?
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 27, 2013 16:13

Smaller shows, pop-ups, and BV mentioned they have to continue to tour.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 27, 2013 16:24

jazzbass
triceratops
Though England is off Continent the Stones are a European band. So they toured first in the United States and Canada, now moving on to England for three shows. Look how they swept from West to East across the USA. My money says there will will be a similar sweep across Europe. Europe is their home and USA/Canada was a warm up. Then the last shows will be at O2 and they will officially retire

I agree with everything except the "officially retire" part. They may never play again, but there won't be any official retirement.

The upside of a stated retirement means they can charge more plus my guess is Charlie and Keith are ready to wrap it up. Keith wants to jam into perpetuity with his reggae friends in Jamaica where he wants to move to...as he recently stated. Long beaches with miles of shallow water. Charlie has his own jazz combos that perform

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 16:25 by triceratops.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 27, 2013 17:05

Yeah, and they'll be continually asked, until the day they die, "When are the Stones getting back together again".

Date: October 3, 2013 20:28

Well, the Sinatra autumn winds have arrived and we are in for another magical October and November. Not quite what we expected, but nevertheless, still quite exciting.

Schedule Of Stones Related Events For October and November

October 12: The BBC broadcast of Hyde Park.

October 18: To be revealed on night of full moon

October 21-26: Stones honored in Cleveland at Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame

October 25: Hyde Park shown in Japan and 1st anniversary of Stones return to stage in 2012.

October 31: Special Announcement By Stones Super Fan.

November 11: Hyde Park Live released to DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 20:51 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: October 3, 2013 20:32

BlackHat
Time is running out for them to overtake the Beatles.

They got in just under the wire on June 29 at Glastonbury. Thank God we can finally put this Beatles vs Stones stuff behind us once and for all!

Date: October 3, 2013 20:37

JumpinJackOLantern
Have a great summer everyone. Speak with you again on the night of the full moon during the season of the Jack O' Lantern! Something magical about the month of October. It fits our Rolling Stones perfectly. smileys with beer

Well, I came back roughly one full moon to early. Had an early fall this year.

Date: October 3, 2013 20:48

Stoneage
A great summer to you too, Mr Lantern. I'm sure I'm speaking for everbody here when I say that we will dearly miss your transcendent and masterful insights about the modus operandi of The Rolling Stones.
So far all your predictions have come true. Who knows what will happen in the fall?

Thanks, mate. Time sure moves quickly as you get older. Hard to believe that magical month of October is upon us once again. The 25th marks the first anniversary of the Stones return to the stage last October. Looking back it all seems like a dream. It seemed the 50th anniversary year would never arrive and now it's suddenly almost three months in our rear view mirror.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 3, 2013 20:51

JumpinJackOLantern

October 25: Hyde Park shown in Japan.

I'm sure fans all over the world have marked October 31 on their calendar. An exciting Stones-related event, for sure! I can hardly contain myself. I wish it were the 31st today. Oh boy! So fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 20:51 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Date: October 3, 2013 20:53

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

October 25: Hyde Park shown in Japan.

I'm sure fans all over the world have marked October 31 on their calendar. An exciting Stones-related event, for sure! I can hardly contain myself. I wish it were the 31st today. Oh boy! So fun!

Lets not get too carried away here, gumboot.

Date: October 3, 2013 20:55

Actually, I think you and a few others will be pleased with the announcement.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 3, 2013 23:36

I hope the announcement is special. I'm not psyched about the Hyde Park DVD. I've already heard the audio. I wish they would get back into the archival stuff. There's got to be a way to get that LA Forum 1975 show on DVD (in an acceptable looking/sounding product). I'm sure a lot of people still want the Hampton '81 show on DVD, even though the boot is easily obtained and of high quality.

Paris '67 audio download, Live at Leeds, there's all kinds of goodies out there still to be had. And they could always put together a collection of their promo films, although they'd have to deal with ABKCO to do it properly.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: October 4, 2013 00:07

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

They got in just under the wire on June 29 at Glastonbury. Thank God we can finally put this Beatles vs Stones stuff behind us once and for all!

The Beatles transcended that debate many years ago. The Stones rightly lay claim to the title "greatest rock and roll band in the world". The Beatles now exist on a higher astral plane where such trivial issues are not a consideration.

Date: October 4, 2013 01:48

BlackHat
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

The Beatles transcended that debate many years ago. The Stones rightly lay claim to the title "greatest rock and roll band in the world". The Beatles now exist on a higher astral plane where such trivial issues are not a consideration.

LSD?

Date: October 4, 2013 01:54

24FPS
I hope the announcement is special. I'm not psyched about the Hyde Park DVD. I've already heard the audio. I wish they would get back into the archival stuff. There's got to be a way to get that LA Forum 1975 show on DVD (in an acceptable looking/sounding product). I'm sure a lot of people still want the Hampton '81 show on DVD, even though the boot is easily obtained and of high quality.

Paris '67 audio download, Live at Leeds, there's all kinds of goodies out there still to be had. And they could always put together a collection of their promo films, although they'd have to deal with ABKCO to do it properly.

I would be satisfied with a box set featuring '50 and Counting. The guests were fabulous and Mick Taylor was a dream come true. My only regret was that they didn't let Bill do When The Whip Comes Down. I forget, did they even do it on this past tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 01:56 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 4, 2013 02:59

JumpinJackOLantern
I would be satisfied with a box set featuring '50 and Counting. The guests were fabulous and Mick Taylor was a dream come true. My only regret was that they didn't let Bill do When The Whip Comes Down. I forget, did they even do it on this past tour?

Yes, for the show I went to, Boston II (June 14). They also did Memory Motel that night as well.

Date: October 4, 2013 03:02

October has a mystique about it that no other month has outside of maybe the month of March - mainly because of the Ides of March. October is transition month. Sometimes you can look back and get that one last glimpse of summer, but you know it's only a glance, for directly ahead lies the dead of winter - many cold gray rainy days ahead before we see light at the end of the tunnel. The Stones are heading into hibernation for the winter and we probably won't hear much after the fall until next spring. Hopefully, they emerge from the long winter with a few more surprises. Time to go cut some fire wood.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 03:10

JumpinJackOLantern
October has a mystique about it that no other month has outside of maybe the month of March - mainly because of the Ides of March. October is transition month. Sometimes you can look back and get that one last glimpse of summer, but you know it's only a glance, for directly ahead lies the dead of winter - many cold gray rainy days ahead before we see light at the end of the tunnel. The Stones are heading into hibernation for the winter and we probably won't hear much after the fall until next spring. Hopefully, they emerge from the long winter with a few more surprises. Time to go cut some fire wood.

But have you carved your pumpkin yet?

Date: October 4, 2013 03:13

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern

Yes, for the show I went to, Boston II (June 14). They also did Memory Motel that night as well.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Bill's bass in the Live In Texas DVD was phenomenal. Would have loved to see him do it for his last number with the band.

Date: October 4, 2013 03:18

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

Haven't seen the jumbo pumpkins just yet. I usually have one by October 17, which is the first day of the Season of the Witch (Halloween season). The last time I saw the Stones (live in person) was on the 17th of October of 2006.

Date: October 4, 2013 03:26

JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

Haven't seen the jumbo pumpkins just yet. I usually have one by October 17, which is the first day of the Season of the Witch (Halloween season). The last time I saw the Stones (live in person) was on the 17th of October of 2006.

WOW! CREEPY!

Actually sorry, not creepy at all, not sure what I was getting at. Pumpkins are definitely out, even in the supermarkets. Go down and pick your own from a local farm, more fun!

Be sure to scoop out the seeds, clean and then roast them...mmmm....

Date: October 4, 2013 03:31

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

WOW! CREEPY!

Actually sorry, not creepy at all, not sure what I was getting at. Pumpkins are definitely out, even in the supermarkets. Go down and pick your own from a local farm, more fun!

Be sure to scoop out the seeds, clean and then roast them...mmmm....

I look for the biggest one I can find and turn it into the fiercest Jack O' Lantern in the hallow.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 4, 2013 16:27

I wonder where Mr Gaslight went? This thread lack some duality. Or shall we take for granted that Mr Gaslight agrees with all these bold theories from Mr O'Lantern? That would be the first time...

Date: October 4, 2013 19:47

Stoneage
I wonder where Mr Gaslight went? This thread lack some duality. Or shall we take for granted that Mr Gaslight agrees with all these bold theories from Mr O'Lantern? That would be the first time...

Didn't the Government shut down?

Date: October 4, 2013 23:12

JumpinJackOLantern
Stoneage

Oh JJ'O'L...you're on fire baby. Skippy won't like that...not one bit!

Date: October 5, 2013 02:55

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
Stoneage

Oh JJ'O'L...you're on fire baby. Skippy won't like that...not one bit!

At least he is consistent!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 7, 2013 06:40

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Trollaid strikes again with unfounded "proof"!

Date: October 8, 2013 08:34

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Trollaid strikes again with unfounded "proof"!

What? A mountain of evidence not good enough for you? Did the soles finally wear out on your Beatle boots?

Date: October 8, 2013 15:00

Mountain of evidence?

More like...

Date: October 8, 2013 22:58

Hopefully it will all come into focus for you someday, young man. smiling smiley

Date: October 9, 2013 03:49

JumpinJackOLantern
Hopefully it will all come into focus for you someday, young man. smiling smiley

The picture of The Daily Show's Jon Stewart is perfect focus.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home