Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT North Mississippi All Stars-World Boogie is Coming 2013
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 15, 2013 15:28

Great Band, with a new Stonesy record just out !!
good guitars, slide guitar esp... Swamp feeling, young musicians who have toured with John Hiatt amongst others.

Their other records are great too.

enjoy !!

jeroen

Re: OT North Mississippi All Stars-World Boogie is Coming 2013
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 15, 2013 16:12

luther is one of my favourite. great band and very underrated

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 15, 2013 16:19

Got the album within days of it's release. Loving it! Gets regular play here at my office while I'm working. Have seen NMA multiple times live and hope to see them the next time they get close to my home. Something special about those brothers.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 15, 2013 17:18

corriecas
Great Band, with a new Stonesy record just out !!
good guitars, slide guitar esp... Swamp feeling, young musicians who have toured with John Hiatt amongst others.

Their other records are great too.

enjoy !!

jeroen

This Sunday ( the 20th)in Paradiso, Amsterdam !!

(And the father of Luther & Cody Dickinson is Jim Dickinson,worked with the Stones winking smiley )

[www.paradiso.nl]

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: October 15, 2013 17:35

The band is also playing in Paris tonight at la Boule Noire. Last time they were in Paris was at Chesterfield Cafe back in 2000.

YM

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 15, 2013 17:59

Saw Seasick Steve last year when Luther guested, he was unbelievably good. (He guests on Steve's new album too.) I was only a few feet away, wish I'd realized he was Jim Dickinson's son--I'd have looked at him with even greater reverence!

Date: October 15, 2013 18:36

Are any of you all going to any of the European shows? If so I'll be looking forward to seeing reviews, etc. As of right now they're not scheduled to be close enough to me for me to get to see them on this tour. I am hoping/expecting for them to get here eventually so I haven't given up hope of seeing them though. I'm really hoping to get to introuduce my wife to their live show. Last time she stayed home but after seeing Luther with the Crowes, she said that next time NMA came around she'd like to see him with "his real band".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 15, 2013 18:37

Young musicians? They've been around for many years. But yeah, they're not in their 70s. smoking smiley

Date: October 15, 2013 18:47

Koen
Young musicians? They've been around for many years. But yeah, they're not in their 70s. smoking smiley

Hard to believe that Luther turned 40 this year and that the NMA first album was 13+ years ago already. Although I know that they're no longer kids, for some reason I still also consider them "young" when they obviously are not. I wonder if some of that has to do with the fact that they're never afraid to talk about their influences and pay tribute to them, if that helps them to be preceived as "the younger generation". Regardless, every time I've seen them, even as they've obviously aged and matured, they seem to manage to hold onto a "youthfull exuberance" that makes you forget that they are now fully into middle age.

I'm gonna have to watch some youtube tonight!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 15, 2013 19:31

Koen

Well, when your voice is gone, only naturally when you are 70, like Jaggers Voice has gone to tatters, then you are a young man when you are 40.

I think

jeroen

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: October 16, 2013 09:26

Boogie

Meet Me In The City

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 16, 2013 11:38

They're playing Glasgow on the 24th, not far up the road from where I stay. Looking forward to that!

Date: October 17, 2013 22:13

Got my ticket to see them in the West End (of Glasgow) next Thursday thanks to my mate, Bill the Rocker. Arranged it at the Virgil and the Accelerators gig at The Ferry last night. Fellow Europeans, let's share reviews.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 18, 2013 09:06

My 2nd most favourite band. Going to see them in London 100 Club this Wednesday.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: October 18, 2013 09:08

Any news on Sons of The Beatles?

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: October 21, 2013 11:37

mr_dja
Are any of you all going to any of the European shows?

They were absolutely incredible in Paris. They killed the place. What an amazing band ! Awesome !!

YM

Date: October 21, 2013 13:00

Yazid Manou
mr_dja
Are any of you all going to any of the European shows?

They were absolutely incredible in Paris. They killed the place. What an amazing band ! Awesome !!

YM

Fantastic! Really looking forward to Thursday. The new album has had wonderful reviews, but isn't yet available in the UK (at least not via Amazon UK etc.). Maybe it'll be on sale at the gig.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home