Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What Magic Will Autumn Winds Blow In This Year?
Date: June 25, 2013 20:48

The Stones 50th anniversary year is winding down and will be officially over on the evening of July 12. They will do their final concert at Hyde Park the next day and then take some time off. Last year they returned to the stage in late October for the first time in over five years. What magic will that magical month of October bring us in 2013? A new series of shows? A trip to the recording studio? Or is the July 13 concert in Hyde Park the swan song of the mighty Stones?

Also, can one of you historians out there please tell me exactly what time the Rolling Stones took the stage on July 12, 1962?

Re: What Magic Will Autumn Winds Blow In This Year?
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: June 25, 2013 20:54

Swan song me thinks. Anything beyond these shows is conjecture and wishful thinking. Also, they have to vacate the stage for a true musical phenomenon.

Date: June 25, 2013 21:04

BlackHat
Swan song me thinks. Anything beyond these shows is conjecture and wishful thinking. Also, they have to vacate the stage for a true musical phenomenon.

If it is their swan song, then so be it. Many thought it was over after ABB.

If the Stones could write anything close to as good as James McCartney's new album they would do themselves (and us) proud.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:15

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

If the Stones could write anything close to as good as James McCartney's new album they would do themselves (and us) proud.

You just can't help yourself can you? :-)
I'm glad you're done obsessing over a new album though.
Perhaps they will keep touring until their age stops being a joke and they begin to be revered for their old age. I'd love to see them stop being the punchline of late night comedy acts.

Date: June 25, 2013 21:23

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

You just can't help yourself can you? :-)
I'm glad you're done obsessing over a new album though.
Perhaps they will keep touring until their age stops being a joke and they begin to be revered for their old age. I'd love to see them stop being the punchline of late night comedy acts.

It's about time for me to head back to the shade of Sleepy Hollow and enjoy the summer breezes. Once the autumn winds begin to blow in I will tune in and see what is happening. May require some good old fashioned witchcraft to keep them rolling any further.

Date: June 25, 2013 21:27

Time is running out for them to overtake the Beatles.

Date: June 25, 2013 21:34

BlackHat

Tomorrow is promised to no one. Don't put off what you can do today until tomorrow, for tomorrow may never come.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:47

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Tomorrow is promised to no one. Don't put off what you can do today until tomorrow, for tomorrow may never come.

sounds like an outtake from the IORR sessions. add a guitar solo and some billy preston keyboards and release it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:55

as someone once told me in regards to our beloved rolling stones "start saving your money"

Date: June 25, 2013 21:56

TheGreek
as someone once told me in regards to our beloved rolling stones "start saving your money"

And once you start, never stop, never stop.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:58

JumpinJackOLantern
What magic will that magical month of October bring us in 2013? A new series of shows? A trip to the recording studio? Or is the July 13 concert in Hyde Park the swan song of the mighty Stones?

Since magic, God and the tooth fairy don't exist... I'd guess July 13th marks the end of The Rolling Stones.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 25, 2013 22:11

jamesfdouglas
JumpinJackOLantern
What magic will that magical month of October bring us in 2013? A new series of shows? A trip to the recording studio? Or is the July 13 concert in Hyde Park the swan song of the mighty Stones?

Since magic, God and the tooth fairy don't exist... I'd guess July 13th marks the end of The Rolling Stones.

OK, but don't tell the witches of Sleepy Hollow they had nothing to do with the Stones miraculous 50th anniversary year!

Date: June 25, 2013 23:42

Is it possible that the Sons Of The Beatles will be at Hyde Park?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:44

....Puff.......

ROCKMAN

Date: June 26, 2013 05:35

BlackHat

My goal is to get them to consider doing a tribute concert to their fathers next year on the 50th anniversary of the Beatles coming to America. It might ultimately be more of a Beatles family thing than the sons performing as one unit. Would be really cool to see Paul, Ringo, Sean, James, Zak, Dhani, Julian, Jason, and Yoko all on the same stage together performing as one big happy family. This could be the catalyst for the sons of the Beatles coming together one day. It all has to start somewhere. My best guess would be that the sons of the Beatles could play Hyde Park anytime between 2015 and 2020. Of course, the sooner the better, always.

Date: June 26, 2013 05:38

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Of course this also applies to the sons of the Beatles.

Date: June 26, 2013 06:06

Have a great summer everyone. Speak with you again on the night of the full moon during the season of the Jack O' Lantern! Something magical about the month of October. It fits our Rolling Stones perfectly. smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2013 00:23

A great summer to you too, Mr Lantern. I'm sure I'm speaking for everbody here when I say that we will dearly miss your transcendent and masterful insights about the modus operandi of The Rolling Stones.
So far all your predictions have come true. Who knows what will happen in the fall?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 27, 2013 00:35

It does make sense for them to do 12-15 dates around Europe.

I was told they would not be touring the southern US because their market research shows they wouldn't be able to sell many tickets there.

IMO, this would not be the case in Paris, Rome, Barcelona, a few dates around Germany, Holland and Scandinavia perhaps. this could be accomplished in a mini tour similar to the one of the states. AFter that maybe a short tour of Asia.

After that, the real end may likely come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 06:43 by jazzbass.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2013 02:10

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

My goal is to get them to consider doing a tribute concert to their fathers next year on the 50th anniversary of the Beatles coming to America. It might ultimately be more of a Beatles family thing than the sons performing as one unit. Would be really cool to see Paul, Ringo, Sean, James, Zak, Dhani, Julian, Jason, and Yoko all on the same stage together performing as one big happy family. This could be the catalyst for the sons of the Beatles coming together one day. It all has to start somewhere. My best guess would be that the sons of the Beatles could play Hyde Park anytime between 2015 and 2020. Of course, the sooner the better, always.

The sound of goose farts on a foggy day. Can't wait.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 27, 2013 02:11

el mocambo 77 please

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:18

JumpinJackOLantern
The Stones 50th anniversary year is winding down and will be officially over on the evening of July 12. They will do their final concert at Hyde Park the next day and then take some time off. Last year they returned to the stage in late October for the first time in over five years. What magic will that magical month of October bring us in 2013? A new series of shows? A trip to the recording studio? Or is the July 13 concert in Hyde Park the swan song of the mighty Stones?

Also, can one of you historians out there please tell me exactly what time the Rolling Stones took the stage on July 12, 1962?

My guess is another short tour of the US, focussing on the area they missed. With all the "summer stones" talk, truth is, I have seen them 4 times in late September to late October, and once in April, never summer. Logic still tells me Cleveland is a no-brainer, with the 50 year exhibit and all. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but you wouldn't say goodbye to half the country.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:34

Though England is off Continent the Stones are a European band. So they toured first in the United States and Canada, now moving on to England for three shows. Look how they swept from West to East across the USA. My money says there will will be a similar sweep across Europe. Europe is their home and USA/Canada was a warm up. Then the last shows will be at O2 and they will officially retire

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:13

JumpinJackOLantern
Have a great summer everyone. Speak with you again on the night of the full moon during the season of the Jack O' Lantern! Something magical about the month of October. It fits our Rolling Stones perfectly. smileys with beer

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:52

tell your market research to shove it the southern us would sale just fine,my research says the stones are chicken shit if they don't play the south

Date: June 27, 2013 07:08

so their marketing research, says they wont sale in the south, so no Houston. dallas Miami. or Atlanta, but wait they will sale in those stones hotbeds like san jose, and Anaheim give me a fing break

Date: June 27, 2013 07:09

Too many trailer parks down there. It has to do with per capita income.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 07:11 by jazzbass.

Date: June 27, 2013 07:15

triceratops
Though England is off Continent the Stones are a European band. So they toured first in the United States and Canada, now moving on to England for three shows. Look how they swept from West to East across the USA. My money says there will will be a similar sweep across Europe. Europe is their home and USA/Canada was a warm up. Then the last shows will be at O2 and they will officially retire

I agree with everything except the "officially retire" part. They may never play again, but there won't be any official retirement.

Date: June 27, 2013 07:19

if that was the case they would have played Houston and dallas right off the bat

Date: June 27, 2013 07:25

dgodkin
if that was the case they would have played Houston and dallas right off the bat

I certainly hope they do. I'll go see them again and again. I just don't see it happening and have been told that it won't. Not with Europe being fully untapped at this point. How it makes them chicken, I'll need you to explain.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home