Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones "on the cover of the Rolling Stone"
Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:03

I hope the most of you have seen the beautiful cover on the last issue of "Rolling Stone", it was like seeing the album covers of the sixties !
But then I wonder ? Right now I can't remember last time the HOLE group was on the cover of "Rollong Stone" at the same time !!? Has it ever happend before ??

Re: The Rolling Stones "on the cover of the Rolling Stone"
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2013 12:00

.....yeah couple of other times ........

Ya can see 'em all here .......[www.rollingstone.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 21, 2013 12:15

The german Edition of the 'Rolling Stone' had this Cover in June 1995:

Other 'Rolling Stone' Cover pictures with at least one of the Stones in their Archive: 1994-1999, 2000-2009, 2010-2012.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-21 12:40 by Irix.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 21, 2013 12:24

1988:

Keith Comes Clean
In 1988, Richards released his own solo album Talk Is Cheap. In the Rolling Stone Interview that appeared in the October 6, 1988 issue, Richards sized up his own budding solo career with Jagger's. "Mick is more involved with what's happening at this moment - and fashion," he said. "To me, twenty-five years of integrity went down the drain with what Mick did."

Posted by: DCBILL ()
Date: June 21, 2013 13:55

Dont they appear on the cover every time they tour?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 21, 2013 14:41

DCBILL
Dont they appear on the cover every time they tour?

yes, but not necessarily the whole band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-21 15:40 by sonomastone.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 21, 2013 15:21

Ruby Friday
I hope the most of you have seen the beautiful cover on the last issue of "Rolling Stone", it was like seeing the album covers of the sixties !
But then I wonder ? Right now I can't remember last time the HOLE group was on the cover of "Rollong Stone" at the same time !!? Has it ever happend before ??

I actually didn't care much for that recent cover photo. All that smiling looks too phony. I think the two-page photo on the inside where they're sitting down is a much better photo and much a much more representative image of the band.

Date: June 21, 2013 15:41

GravityBoy
1988:

Keith Comes Clean
In 1988, Richards released his own solo album Talk Is Cheap. In the Rolling Stone Interview that appeared in the October 6, 1988 issue, Richards sized up his own budding solo career with Jagger's. "Mick is more involved with what's happening at this moment - and fashion," he said. "To me, twenty-five years of integrity went down the drain with what Mick did."

yeah... i don't know why people are focused so much on "life" as the cause of the riff between them... he's been publicly criticizing mick in very strong terms for a long time now.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:23

sonomastone
GravityBoy
1988:

Keith Comes Clean

yeah... i don't know why people are focused so much on "life" as the cause of the riff between them... he's been publicly criticizing mick in very strong terms for a long time now.
Exactly! "Life" was not the cause of their rift, as I mentioned in another thread somewhere. My two cents, for what it's worth. Actually, we don't have pennies in Canada anymore!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:45

Hey Rockman, did they miss the cover from 1986 with all four announcing the Dirty Work album?
I ask that cuz I picked it up in Philly, very nice. (I know you can post it quicker and better than I can.) cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:20

I guess it took all this time, and realizing they ain't never going to let Darryl be anything more than an employee, that the division of the group's final era can not only be described as Post-Wyman, but as an actual quartet. It's always seemed awkward and missing something to see them as a foursome. They look better on this tour when Taylor comes out for his bow with them.

Date: June 21, 2013 22:09

sonomastone
GravityBoy
1988:

Keith Comes Clean

Yeah, and nowadays Keith will always be talking about him and Jagger being 'married', like it or not etc; where as Jagger is totally pragmatic about their relationship. "We work together, and that's it". But up until '78 Jagger would be the one saying "We are brothers born by different mothers; we are very close".

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2013 22:20

Ruby Friday

Voodoo was one.

And the Bang tour.

That's the whole group. I do not recall any of the whole group when they were 5.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 21, 2013 22:40

The one I'm talking about from 1986, if indeed it was the cover, has all five, by Annie Leibovitz.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:15

I recall a magazine cover with all five not from Rolling Stone in 1986, but from Time in 1989.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:33

angee
The one I'm talking about from 1986, if indeed it was the cover, has all five, by Annie Leibovitz.

A search through magazine covers for 1986 by Rolling Stone shows that they did not make the cover that year:

[www.rollingstone.com]

However, the photo you describe by Annie Leibovitz seems to have been a full-page ad:

Of note, the five Stones were featured on the cover of Musician that year.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:34

GravityBoy
1988:

Keith Comes Clean

I remember at the time he said other very personal and cutting things about Jagger. He doesn't have any friends and other things I can no longer recall. But I recall thinking at the time that the band is done. There's no way they could work together with someone saying those things about the other. That's why the "reunion" never washed for me. That's why Keith's merry jokester persona always felt like a cover to me. Isn't it all grand when the truth is Keith made the least courageous and most lazy decision of his career.

This has probably been posted before, but here is one band member's take on the relationship a few years later. It's long, but worth the read. He was there for most of this.

[www.slate.com]

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:35

like the blow that'll gitcha, when you get yo pitcha, on da cover of the Rollang Stone

Date: June 22, 2013 00:04

pmk251
GravityBoy
1988:

Keith Comes Clean

I remember at the time he said other very personal and cutting things about Jagger. He doesn't have any friends and other things I can no longer recall. But I recall thinking at the time that the band is done. There's no way they could work together with someone saying those things about the other. That's why the "reunion" never washed for me. That's why Keith's merry jokester persona always felt like a cover to me. Isn't it all grand when the truth is Keith made the least courageous and most lazy decision of his career.

This has probably been posted before, but here is one band member's take on the relationship a few years later. It's long, but worth the read. He was there for most of this.

[www.slate.com]
That article is written by Bill Wyman journalist, not Bill Wyman former Rolling Stone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 22, 2013 00:32

KatieGirl
That article is written by Bill Wyman journalist, not Bill Wyman former Rolling Stone.

I'm sorry that piece still gets any attention, and that it still needs clarifying:
As KatieGirl notes, it's sheer speculation by an outsider.

Date: June 22, 2013 00:36

stone66
I recall a magazine cover with all five not from Rolling Stone in 1986, but from Time in 1989.

the stones' wardrobe choices through the years deserve an entire book.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 22, 2013 07:03

with sssoul
KatieGirl

I'm sorry that piece still gets any attention, and that it still needs clarifying:

Sorry, I would not have posted if I had picked up on that. This was recently sent to me and that was not pointed out by any means.

Date: June 22, 2013 22:05

pmk251
with sssoul
KatieGirl

Sorry, I would not have posted if I had picked up on that. This was recently sent to me and that was not pointed out by any means.
All is forgiven.smiling smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 23, 2013 04:51

There was a stage shot on the year-end (Dec.) 1981 issue but I don't think Charlie is in it (?).

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: June 23, 2013 16:49

I LOVE that black and white picture for the 'Dirty Work' ad--THAT would have been a fantastic album cover!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 23, 2013 17:51

ZantiMisfit
I LOVE that black and white picture for the 'Dirty Work' ad--THAT would have been a fantastic album cover!

It SHOULD have been the LP cover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home