Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Philadelphia-2 June 21 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 22, 2013 22:18

This is serious business, ya'll. Even a dog needs a backstage pass at The Rolling Stones show!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 22, 2013 22:53

This really sounds great. On this one I do note that Keith isn't really playing much of anything, and letting Ronnie take it. Of course there isn't any need for both of them to be doing it. Less room for error I suppose.

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:19

Max'sKansasCity
Another killer video from the same poster...

Gotta love those awesome zooms on cameras today. Amazing.

Whoa! Mick Taylor -- take us to the promised land!

Dig KR's cool little twist @ 8:35 - "This music moves me"

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:30

Christopher
Rolling Freak WOW.
You hit the nail on the head with your review. I couldn't have said it better if I wrote it 100 times.
Way to go!
Thanks for the kind words! Wasn't hard to write. They played so well last night that it all just came out naturally. Hope everyone had as good of a time!

Here's a bootleg which I was looking for. Seems to not have many seeders yet but hope its a good recording!:

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:36

Not having seen The Rolling Stones since 2007, reviews and comments seem to me that Staples 2 and last night's gig were the one's to be at.............so far.They definitely seem to be in great form.
I hope that Glastonbury and Hyde Park will be even better for all those fans travelling to get there. winking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:44

RollingFreak
Christopher
Rolling Freak WOW.
You hit the nail on the head with your review. I couldn't have said it better if I wrote it 100 times.
Way to go!
Thanks for the kind words! Wasn't hard to write. They played so well last night that it all just came out naturally. Hope everyone had as good of a time!

Here's a bootleg which I was looking for. Seems to not have many seeders yet but hope its a good recording!:

[www.dimeadozen.org]

It will be posted here: [www.iorr.org]

Heard a short sample (Knocking), sound quality is not so good as his recording from the first Philly show. Well, You Can't Always ..., but good to have it anyway.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 23, 2013 00:20

RollingFreak
Christopher
Rolling Freak WOW.
Way to go!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Rolling Freak: Holy f*&$ was Keith on tonight!!!! It was so immediately evident during Its Only Rock And Roll that I nearly started to cry.

I know just what you mean - that happened to me during Keith's set at the second O2 show. Seeing and hearing him back "on" feels like witnessing something like a miracle.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 23, 2013 00:26

Mick had his optical illusion fedora back on during "Boardwalk" but Aaron Neveille had him beat with two dangling earings and a spiffy chapeau of his own. I'll bet Mick had a few dozen made up. Great for wearing in Venice at the pizza restaurants so you don't sweat and the hair dye starts running down your neck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-23 00:29 by triceratops.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 23, 2013 00:31

Mick spun his hat off and it curved and landed at Keith's feet. Keith picked it up, rather gingerly, and tossed it on Charlie's drumset. Charlie picked it up, bemused, and tossed it behind him, offstage.

I was more impressed by Charlie's drumstick toss into the crowd at the end. He can still thow those things far!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 23, 2013 01:24

bam
I was more impressed by Charlie's drumstick toss into the crowd at the end. He can still thow those things far!

I noticed that too. Jeez, he friggen chucked those far!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 23, 2013 01:50

Spikey hair- CHECK
Fashionable neck collar- CHECK
Back stage pass- CHECK
Stones show coming up- CHECK
Checking out the girl-dog groupies backstage- Of course....

COOLEST DOG ON THE PLANET? CHECK!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-23 01:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 23, 2013 02:46

CYHMK uploaded 3 hrs ago; gets the full intro too:

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 23, 2013 02:47

With best audio so far:

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 23, 2013 02:58

Really nice photos, alot of miles on those faces!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 23, 2013 03:13

Just have to love Mick Taylor! Wow. Thanks for
Posting.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 23, 2013 03:25

Just thought I'd share my shot of CYHMK from the pit.

CYHMK

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 23, 2013 03:29

Max'sKansasCity
Spikey hair- CHECK
Fashionable neck collar- CHECK
Back stage pass- CHECK
Stones show coming up- CHECK
Checking out the girl-dog groupies backstage- Of course....

COOLEST DOG ON THE PLANET? CHECK!

...at the COOLEST concert on the planet! Can't add anything better than what Rolling Freak and some other's have posted as far as reviews go.
Tuesday night's show in Philly was amazing, but last night's show was freakin awesome. My seats weren't as good, but it didn't matter as the sound was perfect.

I too noticed that Keith was especially good and really seemed to be into the show. I"m glad he skipped that dinner with the rest of the band, a good rest seems to have paid off for him. I had my sisters with me last night, who are casual fans, and like your Dad Rolling Freak, my younger sister came out of the show and asked me "who was that heavy set guitar player, I've never heard anything like him!" It seemed like you could hear a pin drop when Taylor did his CYHMK solo, the audience knew it was hearing something special.

Mick, Charlie, and Ronnie were all great, of course. Some have commented that Mick and Keith had no interaction, but I thought I saw Mick do a little playful swipe at Keith crossing over him toward Chuck's side. Can't remember what song it was, did anyone else see it?

Full house of crazy Philly fans, what a town for a Stones concert. Despite the bad food and subpar amenities, my expensive room at the stadium Holiday Inn was worth it just for the great fun of walking back and forth with the crowd and hanging with all the hard core fans at the hotel bar.

It was a real family affair for me, as my daughter came down from NYC for the first show and my sisters came up for the second. They've all watched me in varying degrees of consternation and concern this past year at my Stones obsession, but after this week I think they get it.

Like Keith, I'm going to rest up and eat a good meal or two and then it's on to the DC show, which is 30 minutes from my home. Bringing the rest of the family to that one and I actually have to drive and park!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 23, 2013 03:38

jazzbass
Just thought I'd share my shot of CYHMK from the pit.

CYHMK

one of the best tour videos! Well done!!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 23, 2013 05:01

bam
I also noticed Mick trying to wrap up CYHMK before everybody else was ready.

This worries me. I'm hoping to hear CYHMK on Monday night in D.C. Sure hope Mick isn't getting tired of it.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 23, 2013 05:05

Roscoe
bam

This worries me. I'm hoping to hear CYHMK on Monday night in D.C. Sure hope Mick isn't getting tired of it.

I predict Sweet Virginia for the fan vote at DC.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 23, 2013 05:14

Roscoe
bam

i have a feeling that regardless of whether they play it in DC they are going to blow the roof off. they're not ones to go out quietly and it's their last gig in the states.

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 23, 2013 05:24

I like this sound.
Midnight Rambler

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: June 23, 2013 05:37

WOW. Just listened to the Philly CYHMK. MT NAILED IT. Best performance of that piece of the 4 times on the tour. Brilliant. Wish I was there. He elevates the rest of the band with his playing. There is a real focus and intensity with everyone. Bobby Keyes as well Bravo.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 23, 2013 05:41

kpl
WOW. Just listened to the Philly CYHMK. MT NAILED IT. Best performance of that piece of the 4 times on the tour. Brilliant. Wish I was there. He elevates the rest of the band with his playing. There is a real focus and intensity with everyone. Bobby Keyes as well Bravo.

they all nailed it! really great to hear the band playing that well.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 23, 2013 06:37

TimeIs
Thru and Thru
Who is singing the chorus on UTBW? Doesn't sound anything like Lisa and Bernard, different female voices.

People in the audience around the phone camera!

Makes total sense now! I have since listened to two other versions and I can tell that it was only Mick, Aaron and the usual back-ups, just beautiful!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 23, 2013 08:30

Holy shit, these Philly videos are incredible. Even Jagger went fishing for alchemy during the Rambler breakdown.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2013 10:42

The full boot is now available in the archive : [www.iorr.org] and wow, yeah, Keith was LOUD on IORR, looks he wanted to really nail it this time with no safety net, it worked! GS intro still pretty fumbly, but well...

Taylor's guitar come out loud and clear on CYHMK unlike on some of the videos and it's much more impressive like that!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 23, 2013 12:45

Midnite Rambler..................@#$%& great sound. What a Band !!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2013 13:39

Yeah the part where they speed it up at the end is to die for, Keith can't be heard too well unfortunately but Taylor lights up like crazy with a fabulous tone to boot!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 23, 2013 16:45

CYHMK - the best version so far, MT finally is comfortable and nailing the full bends as they scream through the area walls, this is what MT is capable of doing, elevating the band to new heights musically. Did you see MJ's face before he said see you later MT( he was really satisfied with the performance had kind of a smirk on his face( like yeah we are the greatest band like old times).

Play that guitar boy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home