Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Philadelphia-2 June 21 Stones show live updates
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 23, 2013 17:49

OpenG
CYHMK - the best version so far, MT finally is comfortable and nailing the full bends as they scream through the area walls, this is what MT is capable of doing, elevating the band to new heights musically. Did you see MJ's face before he said see you later MT( he was really satisfied with the performance had kind of a smirk on his face( like yeah we are the greatest band like old times).

Play that guitar boy

Yep that sounds excellent for sure. Now the next step is to have MT on a song where he can really relax, get into the groove, and some subtle flourishes in his style without the pressure of nailing an extended solo.

It would sure help revitalize Tumbling Dice in concert for starters.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 23, 2013 18:14

I don't know if this has been posted already, but I just stumbled over a review of Philly-2 by Cindy Drue from examiner.com

She criticises the video operator for showing band members faces in close-ups! That's a torture! Why? Because they are O-L-D!!!

ROTFL! Hilarious!!! >grinning smiley<

She writes:

"The back of the stage was taken up by a screen that projected images of members of the band up close. While this is a nice feature at such a large venue, some faces should not be magnified. Mick Taylor, for example, the guitarist who played with the Stones for five years after Brian Jones left the band, is back on stage on this tour for a few songs but the camera operator should have kept more distance from him in an attempt to shield us fans from the reminder that these guys aren’t spring chickens anymore. Same goes for Richards, Wood and Jagger. Let’s put it this way, plastic surgery is not something these rock stars have spent their money on – why torture the audience by supersizing every nook and cranny on their weathered faces? A simple full-length close-up will do."

Posted by: time4tea ()
Date: June 23, 2013 18:16

from side view looked like mick was irked when keef started into brown sugar. almost like it was the wrong song or something. also there did seem to be technical difficulties with the mic and ear sound towards the end of the show. this happen right affer mick tossed the bucket of water onto the pit. cant say enough about the stones they continue to deliver the goods. the greatest?whats the debate?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:07

corriecas
Midnite Rambler..................@#$%& great sound. What a Band !!!!!
Jeroen

Here you have it in best sound quality

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:11

My 42nd Stones show, and I thought it was great. As a long time fan like many of you I would like to see a few more obscure songs. I enjoyed Under the Boardwalk, as well as When the Whip Comes Down. Not sure if I will get to see the boys again. I've been to every tour since 1975. I live 12 miles from Keith in Connecticut, Maybe some day I can run into my hero. Thanks for the music and thanks to all of you who write in with your comments. I really enjoy iorr.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:20

waterrats
I don't know if this has been posted already, but I just stumbled over a review of Philly-2 by Cindy Drue from examiner.com

She criticises the video operator for showing band members faces in close-ups! That's a torture! Why? Because they are O-L-D!!!

She writes:

"The back of the stage was taken up by a screen that projected images of members of the band up close. While this is a nice feature at such a large venue, some faces should not be magnified. Mick Taylor, for example, the guitarist who played with the Stones for five years after Brian Jones left the band, is back on stage on this tour for a few songs but the camera operator should have kept more distance from him in an attempt to shield us fans from the reminder that these guys aren’t spring chickens anymore. Same goes for Richards, Wood and Jagger. Let’s put it this way, plastic surgery is not something these rock stars have spent their money on – why torture the audience by supersizing every nook and cranny on their weathered faces? A simple full-length close-up will do."

If I should write a review about that review I would give it zero star out of five.

She criticizes Keith and Ronnie about being too focused on playing and not so much moving around, well that's exactly what I like them to do, focus on playing!!!

She doesn't write anything about music, she writes about totally irrelevant stuff, obviously she doesn't know anything about the band's music.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:23

andrewt
OpenG
CYHMK - the best version so far, MT finally is comfortable and nailing the full bends as they scream through the area walls, this is what MT is capable of doing, elevating the band to new heights musically. Did you see MJ's face before he said see you later MT( he was really satisfied with the performance had kind of a smirk on his face( like yeah we are the greatest band like old times).

Play that guitar boy

Yep that sounds excellent for sure. Now the next step is to have MT on a song where he can really relax, get into the groove, and some subtle flourishes in his style without the pressure of nailing an extended solo.

I would REALLY like him to play on Love in Vain.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:27

kleermaker
corriecas
Midnite Rambler..................@#$%& great sound. What a Band !!!!!
Jeroen

Here you have it in best sound quality

wow, it's almost like they've been practicing...! very impressive.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:18

AMAZING Mick Taylor on CYHMK and MR, he is really a great musician. Happy for him, what an ovation ! thumbs up

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:42

When The Whip Comes Down. Keith normally takes the solo on this, right?

Re: Voting for Moonlight Mile tomorrow?
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 23, 2013 21:05

MisterDDDD
Fool to Cry
With special guest Aaron Neville.

Heard it here first.

Wrong again. I hope you don't gamble.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 21:07

JohnnyBGoode
When The Whip Comes Down. Keith normally takes the solo on this, right?

If I recall, the solo in Whip was Ronnie and Keith both playing leads at the same time....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 24, 2013 00:22

Mick made a similar remark on the pay-per-view about looking better on small screens and not-so-good on big screens.

waterrats

She writes:

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 24, 2013 01:36

Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Had to leave after Philly 1, and this stuff makes me feel like I was there, almost.
I knew they would be excellent for you all. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 24, 2013 04:00

rollingon
andrewt
OpenG

Play that guitar boy

I would REALLY like him to play on Love in Vain.

Yes for sure. That would really add some spice to the "ballad" spot in the setlist after GS. Thanks for the detailed review, by the way.

It sounds like Philly 2 is where the best things about the tour came together the most. I'm gonna have to check out more of it on YouTube.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 24, 2013 04:08

sonomastone

Wow, they've always rocked this one out, but they have always fallen short on the "well ya heard about the Boston.... WHAM!" and the rest of that bit where they used to really crunch the guitars hard. That one glorious guitar stroke has been lacking there for years, but since this tour started, they've gotten that part right. Don't know if it's because of MT, or if Chuck finally reminded them that it's a really cool part of the songsmiling smiley Anyway, glad they finally worked that out, it's been very frustrating.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 24, 2013 04:19

carlorossi
sonomastone

Wow, they've always rocked this one out, but they have always fallen short on the "well ya heard about the Boston.... WHAM!" and the rest of that bit where they used to really crunch the guitars hard. That one glorious guitar stroke has been lacking there for years, but since this tour started, they've gotten that part right. Don't know if it's because of MT, or if Chuck finally reminded them that it's a really cool part of the songsmiling smiley Anyway, glad they finally worked that out, it's been very frustrating.
Totally agree! The other night, my heart was literally pounding at that part. The drums, the guitar. They finally got it down perfectly. It felt like they were going to break the arena, exactly how it should sound.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 24, 2013 04:27

Ronnie's ballsy outburst on Rambler! hot smiley thumbs up

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:12

bleedingman
Mick made a similar remark on the pay-per-view about looking better on small screens and not-so-good on big screens.

waterrats

She writes:

This reviewer is destined to burn in rock'n roll hell - listening to a never-ending loop of KC & the Sunshine Band, Kiki Dee, and Duran Duran.
Rot in hell, crap critic. smoking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 24, 2013 09:01

RollingFreak
carlorossi
sonomastone

Totally agree! The other night, my heart was literally pounding at that part. The drums, the guitar. They finally got it down perfectly. It felt l
ike they were going to break the arena, exactly how it should sound.

That silence after the WHAM. It just guts me.

Posted by: jjflash30 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 02:18

video: [<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="]

Gimme Shelter at Philly 2 on June 21.

video of all Philly 2 songs at:

[goo.gl]

Date: June 25, 2013 02:27

trying again to embed video...

Gimme Shelter at Philly 2.

video of all Philly 2 songs at link below:

[goo.gl]

Re: Keith picked the next guest?
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 25, 2013 02:54

Silver Dagger
Even better, they should play Hercules - one of the greatest funky r'n'b records of all time.

I believe Sliver Dagger is the only on that has guessed the guest's song on the tour. No one has predicted the song other than Silver Dagger. CONGRATS!!!

Date: June 25, 2013 04:52

Just had to post one more YT video here...

Philly 2 June 21 -- can't you hear me knocking with Mick Taylor

whole song is great but go straight to 5:18 in the video if you want to listen to one of the most amazing guitar solos you'll ever hear... I'm not kidding, it's unbelievable!!!

if of interest, good audio and video of all songs from the Philly 2 concert in order played at link below:

[goo.gl]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:02

CYHMK

Date: June 26, 2013 06:23

WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN

[youtu.be]

Date: June 26, 2013 06:28

UNDER THE BOARDWALK

Posted by: cosmicblu ()
Date: June 27, 2013 16:53

I want to say thanks to whoever thought up this site. I really enjoy cruising around and getting all the latest news. Also, I want to thank the photographers for the fantastic pics they post. They are amazing! Ok, so this is my first post here, but I did get to go to the 2nd show in Philly. I've been a fan for 40 years and this was the first show I've been able to attend in all those years. But I made it...finally! I could list all the things that was fantastic about it, but I don't need to. You guys know they rocked this show. From the first song the entire arena was up dancing and never sat back down. I was in a nosebleed section that ended up having a leaky roof and had to move, but was able to score a better seat...yeah! I didn't care though, just being in the same room with them was a highlight of my life. I will say that Charlie was on it, he was grinning the entire night! It was a great show and I feel crazy good that I was able to be there. I can mark one more thing off my bucket list!

Date: June 27, 2013 16:57

cosmicblu
I want to say thanks to whoever thought up this site. I really enjoy cruising around and getting all the latest news. Also, I want to thank the photographers for the fantastic pics they post. They are amazing! Ok, so this is my first post here, but I did get to go to the 2nd show in Philly. I've been a fan for 40 years and this was the first show I've been able to attend in all those years. But I made it...finally! I could list all the things that was fantastic about it, but I don't need to. You guys know they rocked this show. From the first song the entire arena was up dancing and never sat back down. I was in a nosebleed section that ended up having a leaky roof and had to move, but was able to score a better seat...yeah! I didn't care though, just being in the same room with them was a highlight of my life. I will say that Charlie was on it, he was grinning the entire night! It was a great show and I feel crazy good that I was able to be there. I can mark one more thing off my bucket list!

thumbs up

Philly 2
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 18:58

I wasn't even there but it was clearly the best show of the tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home