Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Voting for Moonlight Mile tomorrow?
Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:09

Knocking is always good, but times running out for MM to debut. As much as I want that one anyway, I am dying to see if the group has the gall to play it without MT. It doesn't "need" him like alot of the other tunes he's generally credited as a big contributor on. But right is right and he should play on it.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:04

The 2013 debut of Moonlight Mile would be an awesome addition to their setlist. The other options are solid but I believe they have all been played whereas Moonlight was only played back during their rehearsals.

Philly song choice
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 21, 2013 02:45

Instead of doing the right thing and giving the fans what they want -- Moonlight Mile AND Can't You Hear Me Knocking -- he pits them against each other.

He sent the fans into ecstasy after Staples 2 and never repeated it.

I love Mick but he has me shaking my head. In the words of a friend of mine "He's such a turd".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-21 04:15 by bv.

Re: Why Mick is a dick...
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 21, 2013 02:50

he doesn't owe us anything. but i understand your frustration.

Date: June 21, 2013 02:51

I agree. he owes us nothing. It's actually more funny than frustrating because it's typical Mick.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 21, 2013 02:53

I wouldn't say Mick is a dick. How would he know that he "sent the fans into ecstasy" after Staples 2? I seriously doubt he checks these message boards.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2013 02:55

People really want Mick to be some kind of villain, because their jealousy
and small mindedness just can't fathom that they don't have a clue about the realities of fronting the "Greatest Rock and Roll band the World will ever Know"
(I LOVE their updated moniker)

Yeah..
Mick welcomed the rusty rough around the edges former bandmate who quit
into the fold and invited him to tour (and finally become a millionaire)
and have the time of his life, because he's a "dick".

Hilarious theory.

Date: June 21, 2013 02:59

MisterDDDD
and small mindedness just can't fathom that they don't have a clue about the realities of fronting the "Greatest Rock and Roll band the World will ever Know"

Yeah..

Hilarious theory.

First, I wish I had the clear vision of the world that you possess.

Second, your immensely impressive world vision doesn't allow for you to recognize a tongue-in-cheek post. Should I have included the winking icon? Would that have helped?

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:02

fahthree
Instead of doing the right thing and giving the fans what they want -- Moonlight Mile AND Can't You Hear Me Knocking -- he pits them against each other.

He sent the fans into ecstasy after Staples 2 and never repeated it.

I love Mick but he has me shaking my head. In the words of a friend of mine "He's such a turd".

Its actually the second time. I think the Katy Perry show, or one of the other early ones, had them both in.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:05

Oh please!

Are you calling yourself a true fan?

Ok, maybe fans want to hear both of those songs, but remember that they will and should not stay on songs from 1971 only.

Grow up, man. Complaining all over this place. Enojoy what you are given.

To call Mick that "thing" is not a fan worthy!

Date: June 21, 2013 03:06

fahthree
MisterDDDD

Yeah..

Hilarious theory.

Second, your immensely impressive world vision doesn't allow for you to recognize a tongue-in-cheek post. Should I have included the winking icon? Would that have helped?

i didn't take it as tongue in cheek either. the rabid taylorits will post much more extreme things in seriousness, and not having paid attention to who posted, i assumed that's what it was. i think it's just hard to pick up irony, sarcasm, etc. in an online forum sometimes.

Date: June 21, 2013 03:12

Blueranger
Oh please!

Are you calling yourself a true fan?

Ok, maybe fans want to hear both of those songs, but remember that they will and should not stay on songs from 1971 only.

Grow up, man. Complaining all over this place. Enojoy what you are given.

To call Mick that "thing" is not a fan worthy!

I love when people invoke the "true fan" line because it means they have nothing constructive to say in a discussion. For what it's worth, I appreciate that they are here, playing well. Can I be in your "true fan" club now?

We're grown ups here...you can write the word "dick" instead of "that thing".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-21 03:18 by fahthree.

Date: June 21, 2013 03:17

sonomastone
i didn't take it as tongue in cheek either. the rabid taylorits will post much more extreme things in seriousness, and not having paid attention to who posted, i assumed that's what it was. i think it's just hard to pick up irony, sarcasm, etc. in an online forum sometimes.

Spot-on assessment. It is very hard which is why I don't take a lot of this stuff seriously.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:17

Mick is a pretty swell guy

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:21

Perhaps not sure of the definition of "tongue in cheek"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:22

Mick is neither a DICK or a TURD, and we all tend to assume we KNOW what really goes on behind closed doors, in the inner sanctum of Stonesland...but we DON'T! We surmise. There must be a damn good reason why the set list looks as it does. Yup, I get frustrated too but not on Wednesday in Boston!! I had a dream come true! I saw Mick Taylor on stage with his ole bandmates playing SWAY!!! It doesn't get much better than that...unless of course you were there on Friday in Boston and saw " Memory Motel" played exquisitely!!! DAMN! A double header! I am a happy little Stones fanatic!

Date: June 21, 2013 03:27

mickschix
Mick is neither a DICK or a TURD, and we all tend to assume we KNOW what really goes on behind closed doors, in the inner sanctum of Stonesland...but we DON'T! We surmise. There must be a damn good reason why the set list looks as it does. Yup, I get frustrated too but not on Wednesday in Boston!! I had a dream come true! I saw Mick Taylor on stage with his ole bandmates playing SWAY!!! It doesn't get much better than that...unless of course you were there on Friday in Boston and saw " Memory Motel" played exquisitely!!! DAMN! A double header! I am a happy little Stones fanatic!

We should ask BV; I'm sure he knows. winking smiley <--- ADDED FOR EFFECT

I flew up from Philly for the Friday show in Boston. Didn't want Memory Motel but my God did they knock it out of the park. Amazing. I would have wanted the Sway you saw. I'm not a Taylorite, Bolshevist, Fascist or whatever else you want to use either.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:27

Has anyone ever read Chucks tour blog...it talks specifically to this...I think some of the summations are correct and we are not the only ones shaking our heads sometimes about setlist decisions. I love it all but it WOULD be nice to get some more nuggets.

Date: June 21, 2013 03:29

PaintitBlue
Has anyone ever read Chucks tour blog...it talks specifically to this...I think some of the summations are correct and we are not the only ones shaking our heads sometimes about setlist decisions. I love it all but it WOULD be nice to get some more nuggets.

what does he say on his blog? i try to avoid direct contact with chuck for purely spiteful reasons as i can't stand his piano arrangements.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:01

fahthree
mickschix

We should ask BV; I'm sure he knows. winking smiley <--- ADDED FOR EFFECT

I flew up from Philly for the Friday show in Boston. Didn't want Memory Motel but my God did they knock it out of the park. Amazing. I would have wanted the Sway you saw. I'm not a Taylorite, Bolshevist, Fascist or whatever else you want to use either.

are you an anti-dentite?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:09

fahthree

First, I find it amusing/odd that you chose to reply/attack my post when NO ONE else caught your "tongue in cheek" either.. Must be because you concealed the sarcistic portion of your whine/post so well. Good job!

Second, your vision of the world appears to be all you can handle, but
thanks for the compliment.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:14

sonomastone
fahthree
MisterDDDD

Yeah..

Hilarious theory.

The rabid Vegas Disciples have done the same.

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:15

spsimmons
I wouldn't say Mick is a dick. How would he know that he "sent the fans into ecstasy" after Staples 2? I seriously doubt he checks these message boards.

There was no mistaking the roar of ecstacy from the audience during the climax and after the finale of CYHMK in LA on 5/20. Jagger felt it. He knows.

Date: June 21, 2013 04:23

MisterDDDD
fahthree

First, I find it amusing/odd that you chose to reply/attack my post when NO ONE else caught your "tongue in cheek" either.. Must be because you concealed the sarcistic portion of your whine/post so well. Good job!

Second, your vision of the world appears to be all you can handle, but
thanks for the compliment.

For what it's worth I find it amusing you called Memory Motel with Peter Wolf in Boston. "You heard it here first".

I'll stop "whining" if you stop predicting. Deal?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:23

AJDuffer
The 2013 debut of Moonlight Mile would be an awesome addition to their setlist. The other options are solid but I believe they have all been played whereas Moonlight was only played back during their rehearsals.

Of the five webvote choices only CYHMK and Shine A Light have been played.

Date: June 21, 2013 04:33

MisterDDDD
Fool to Cry
With special guest Aaron Neville.

Heard it here first.

And these predictions are money.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:35

fahthree
MisterDDDD
Fool to Cry
With special guest Aaron Neville.

Heard it here first.

And these predictions are money.

Oooh, that sounds nice!

Re: Philadelphia-2 Friday June 21 special guest & requests
Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 21, 2013 07:06

It'll never happen, but Time Is on My Side with Aaron Neville would make sense, given his and the song's New Orleans roots.

Date: June 21, 2013 07:54

I will do back flips if it's Moonlight Mile! Could be the Stones greatest song ever!

Re: Philadelphia-2 Friday June 21 special guest & requests
Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 21, 2013 09:27

Please play Moonlight mile!!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home