Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:05

More Hot Rocks
marianna
She really can't sing. She has to use Autotune on live performances. She's heavily autotuned on that DL clip. She can barely carry a tune and her voice is really weak. She was just awful on the Grammys singing with Stevie Nicks. Maybe the band will give her some kind of electronic boost to cover up her lack of a voice.

How can anyone sound awful singing with Stevie Nicks. Nicks can make sheep sound like a choir next to her.

You can find clips of it. They were both bad. It was a like a battle of American Idol losers.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:16

yes they were bad. Just like this. This is why you shouldn't do drugs. I love it at 2;15 she doesn't know what the hell to sing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 23:20 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:20

marclaff
Nice chick
Real blonde and real boobs. That's rare

Sorry man.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:23

BowieStone
marclaff
Nice chick
Real blonde and real boobs. That's rare

Sorry man.

from an A to a B cup

Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:34

C'mon people also i am rather surprised by this choice, But let's give her a shot.
We also said katy perry would be bad and she was honestly quite good.
Compared to the disaster of your soo beloved tom waits who was just horrible in Oakland.

We had Buddy many times before and we all know mick wants to attract new audiences.

Did people react the same way in 1994 when a young person like sheryl crow joined them on stage at joe robbie for live with me?
And how do we think about her nowadays?

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:41

Taylor Swift duetting with Mick Jagger on Gimme Shelter. I'd be projectile vomiting all the way from here in L.A. to Chicago.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:48

this is kind of strange but its show business..

if there's a tweet with a pic of Taylor Swift with Keith, Charlie, Ronnie.

never would have thought we'd see such a thing..

on the other hand why not?

Date: June 3, 2013 23:49

Jack-flash
Did people react the same way in 1994 when a young person like sheryl crow joined them on stage at joe robbie for live with me?

I hated her in 1994 and even more in 2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 23:50 by BowieStone.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:52

have her sing star @#$%&

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:53

BowieStone
Jack-flash

and what about 2002, if you don't mind me asking? we're trying to plot a curve here...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:54

she better be naked so this makes some sense.

Date: June 3, 2013 23:55

StonesTod
BowieStone
Jack-flash

and what about 2002, if you don't mind me asking? we're trying to plot a curve here...

Funny you ask...I thought she was a cutie pie in 2002.
It comes and goes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 23:56 by BowieStone.

Date: June 3, 2013 23:58

BowieStone
StonesTod
BowieStone
Jack-flash

Funny you ask...I thought she was a cutie pie in 2002.
It comes and goes.

ok....this graph is going to raise some eyebrows...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:01

More Hot Rocks
Swift with Def leppard

Amazing, she makes Joe Eliott sound like a real singer ! If Mick wanted a country singer why not get a chick who can actually sing like Leann Rimes?

Date: June 4, 2013 00:05

With all my sympathy to Carrie & Taylor...
I would have loved a country duet with George Strait or Dwight Yoakam.
George is finest country singer around.
And Dwight, well, he's Dwight.

Here's a Swift idea...Taylor Swift to Join ROLLING STONES TONIGHT!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:50

...or not so swift...

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

The Rolling Stones announced that Taylor Swift will join them tonight (June 3) for the third of three shows in Chicago, Ill. Previous special guests for the dates at the United Center included Sheryl Crow on May 31 and bluesman Taj Mahal on May 28.

It’s not clear what song Swift will sing. On May 31 Crow came out to sing ‘All Down the Line.’ Taj Mahal performed ‘Six Days on the Road’ with Mick Jagger and company on May 28. Carrie Underwood joined the band in Toronto on May 25, singing ‘It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll.’

The band spilled the secret at their Twitter page, giving no hint as to which song the pop-country superstar will choose. Swift hasn’t mentioned the cameo yet on her Twitter page. (Our hunch – for no particular reason? ‘Wild Horses.’)

The Rolling Stones have just seven more North American dates remaining on the 50 and Counting Tour schedule. In June they’ll return to Canada for shows in Toronto and Montreal before playing Boston twice, Philadelphia twice and Washington D.C. on June 29. The final dates on their official touring schedule are July 6 and 13 at Hyde Park in London.

oh dear

I'm going to Toronto this week...quietly hoping of course for the Biebs.

If he doesn't work out maybe Selena Gomez instead?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 23:58 by treaclefingers.

Re: Here's a Swift idea...Taylor Swift to Join ROLLING STONES TONIGHT!
Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:05

they're all whores

Posted by: Rstones24 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:06

Madcap
the Stones shouldn't alienate their existing fans at the expense of trying to impress a bunch of 15-24 year old girls that don't know/care who they are and who still won't care who they are after taylor swift sings with them. hopefully they at least do a really great song like sweet virginia or loving cup and not something generic like wild horses or IORR.

How are they alienating their fans?

Put it this way. How many people are going to A) sell their tickets to this concert, or cool smiley not go to future concerts that they otherwise would go to because Taylor Swift is the special guest tonight?

On the flip side, how many people are going to tune in tonight to see the video of Taylor with the Stones and as a result, really start to become interested in what the Rolling Stones are all about (hence, becomes a future ticket buyer to future shows/tours/merchandise/DVDs/CDS.

Let me answer my own question.

Question #1 - ZERO.

Question #2 - Hundreds of thousands.

Date: June 4, 2013 00:11

Rstones24
Madcap
the Stones shouldn't alienate their existing fans at the expense of trying to impress a bunch of 15-24 year old girls that don't know/care who they are and who still won't care who they are after taylor swift sings with them. hopefully they at least do a really great song like sweet virginia or loving cup and not something generic like wild horses or IORR.

Put it this way. How many people are going to A) sell their tickets to this concert, or cool smiley not go to future concerts that they otherwise would go to because Taylor Swift is the special guest tonight?

On the flip side, how many people are going to tune in tonight to see the video of Taylor with the Stones and as a result, really start to become interested in what the Rolling Stones are all about (hence, becomes a future ticket buyer to future shows/tours/merchandise/DVDs/CDS.

Question #1 - ZERO.

hang on, sonny boy. we are still trying to contact our market research professionals. once we have their counsel, then we'll get back to some of your wild assertions.

in the meantime, do not under-estimate the ability of diehard stones fans to be alientated. stay with us awhile and you can learn from those who have mastered the artform.

Posted by: Rstones24 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:16

StonesTod
Rstones24
Madcap

Question #1 - ZERO.

hang on, sonny boy. we are still trying to contact our market research professionals. once we have their counsel, then we'll get back to some of your wild assertions.

in the meantime, do not under-estimate the ability of diehard stones fans to be alientated. stay with us awhile and you can learn from those who have mastered the artform.

I have a hard time believing that anyone is going to be so outraged by Taylor Swift performing with the Stones that they will become less of a fan and spend less money on the RS than they did before 6/3/13 or that they otherwise would have spent if not for Taylor's appearance.

Date: June 4, 2013 00:21

Rstones24
StonesTod
Rstones24
Madcap

Question #1 - ZERO.

I have a hard time believing that anyone is going to be so outraged by Taylor Swift performing with the Stones that they will become less of a fan and spend less money on the RS than they did before 6/3/13 or that they otherwise would have spent if not for Taylor's appearance.

your naiveté is quite charming; please don't change.

Date: June 4, 2013 00:24

Rstones24
StonesTod
Rstones24
Madcap

Question #1 - ZERO.

6/3 is 9/11 to Stones fans.
Where were you when you heard...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 00:27 by BowieStone.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:26

they obviously think they need some eye candy so they are showing how insecure they are and its kind of underestimating our dignity and taste. are they trying to impress their daughters with the guests do you think?? (a stretch)

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:27

Taylor Swift? Jesus Christ. Can't think of any reason other than some tired old men trying to be associated with someone young and "relevant" or successful...and the thing is they don't need to do it...they're the Rolling Stones for Christ's sake..!!

Posted by: pmk251 ()

Why am I not particularly bothered by this? But I hope they choose a song carefully. I thought BOB with Katy Perry was a bit creepy. I am hoping for a song both Taylors can play on. No Expectations?

BowieStone
Rstones24
StonesTod
Rstones24
Madcap

Question #1 - ZERO.

6/3 is 9/11 to Stones fans.

i say we go out and attack....U2! they had nothing to do with this, but the stones community just wants some kind of response!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 00:28 by StonesTod.

Posted by: tumbled ()

they are insecure and think they need twat to satisfy the masses

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:28

Rstones24
Madcap

Question #1 - ZERO.

See question #1

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:36

tumbled
they obviously think they need some eye candy so they are showing how insecure they are and its kind of underestimating our dignity and taste. are they trying to impress their daughters with the guests do you think?? (a stretch)

Best to humor the old geezers. Just smile politely and tell them they're relevant.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:39

batcave
latebloomer

Funny thought, both Taylor Swift and Katie Perry are ex girlfriends of John Mayer. I guess we should be happy he didn't date Jessica Simpson.

Actually, Mayer did date Jessica Simpson. Said she was "like sexual napalm."

I knew that batcave, but nice to know someone caught it. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home