Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:57

Two artists on stage tonight share the same surname #Chicago #Stones50

@ GRRRegory

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:57

From GRRRegory:

"Two artists on stage tonight share the same surname #Chicago #Stones50"

Date: June 3, 2013 20:58

I think it's Alicia Keys

Date: June 3, 2013 20:58

Alicia (& Bobby) Keys.

EDIT: Guess GRRRRegory doesn't know what a surname is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 21:04 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:59

alicia keys?

Posted by: chianon ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:59

Alicia Key's first album came out in 2001....

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:00

nevermind her first album came out in 2001

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:01

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:02

rats. i was rooting for swift. maybe later in this best-ever tour.

Date: June 3, 2013 21:03

Tonight's special guest will be @taylorswift13! #Stones50 #Chicago

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:03

This Is Motherfucking bullshit i give up stones

Date: June 3, 2013 21:04

bye bye johnny
Tonight's special guest will be @taylorswift13! #Stones50 #Chicago

[twitter.com]

hurray! i guess her real name must be swift taylor, but still!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:05

Well, I guess I will have time to go get a beer after all.
What the hell are they thinking.

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:07

First post, long time follower, but seriously guys. WTF.
Of all the people they could pick. Even Billy Corgan would be better.

Date: June 3, 2013 21:08

Looking forward to tonight's gig with @taylorswift13 as our special guest! See you later ~ : )

@ronniewood

Posted by: kmc8 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:09

In Chicago, really??? Gonna be extremely disappointed if Buddy doesn't make an appearance.

Posted by: Rstones24 ()

Christopher

My guess is that they're thinking that Taylor Swift has 28 MILLION followers on Twitter and is currently one of the most recognizable stars in the world through the eyes of the much younger generation (a generation the Stones are still trying to attract, rather than just simply blow them off as never being Stones fans or interested in this kind of music).

This guest appearance will get more publicity in the media than every other star that's joined them on this tour COMBINED.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()

It's official - they've jumped the shark.

Date: June 3, 2013 21:10

Rstones24
Christopher

My guess is that they're thinking that Taylor Swift has 28 MILLION followers on Twitter and is currently one of the most recognizable stars in the world through the eyes of the much younger generation (a generation the Stones are still trying to attract, rather than just simply blow them off as never being Stones fans or interested in this kind of music).

This guest appearance will get more publicity in the media than every other star that's joined them on this tour COMBINED.

you'll have to excuse us, sonny. we are an old and out-of-it group of whiny, washed-up losers who have lost all touch with what's happening in the modern world.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:14

Horrible... awful.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:20

Rstones24
Christopher

Why do they bother? Why do they want new followers who come from the Taylor Swift pool?

I went to see Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. back in 1988, when those gentlemen were in the 60-70 age range then, just as the Stones are now. And you know what? Those guys were cooler, hipper and had more integrity than this bunch of out of touch geezers.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:20

of all the shows they can bring her on, they have to pick the only one I can make. she is one of my least favorite 'artists' of all time. I have no idea why they think anyone who paid hundreds of dollars to see the rolling stones would want to see one of their songs ruined by this hack.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:24

I hope she takes lead vox on Start Me Up...that'd be sweet...

Posted by: Rstones24 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:24

marianna
Rstones24
Christopher

Why do they bother? Why do they want new followers who come from the Taylor Swift pool?

I went to see Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. back in 1988, when those gentlemen were in the 60-70 age range then, just as the Stones are now. And you know what? Those guys were cooler, hipper and had more integrity than this bunch of out of touch geezers.

So, lots of posters on here call the Stones lazy for playing the songs over and over, and then they make a concerted public effort to become "hip" in the new social media world and make sure their product is put in front of a new generation of fans, and they get criticized for that too?

It is amazing for the Rolling Stones to have 19-27 year old girls wearing pink tongue shirts. There will be over a million of those girls who have NEVER heard of the Rolling Stones viewing the video by tomorrow night. Watch.

And of those million, 90% of those will be made up by people who have never seen the Stones perform in their lives...just as I hadn't before I went to my first concert in 2002 and was blown away by how amazing these old men were on stage.

It's a genius move by the Stones PR staff.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:25

Rstones24
Christopher

I'd say the Stones have more loyal followers on IORR and other sites than they will get out of Twitter. Keep in mind today's youth add friends on Twitter and Facebook just to be popular.
Sounds like negative publicity to those that paid for tickets.
May I ask do you follow Taylor Swift on Twitter? How many of her CD's have you purchased? Do you drink diet coke because of her?
Don't you think we know about the Twitter thing?
We just want special guests which fit into the set more than special guests that have Twitter followings.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:27

Ah, yes, the pre-show anger towards the guest selection. Right now you guys are pissed off but guess what, you'll be very satisfied when you climb into bed tonight. You will see The Stones. The guest does not really matter. The guest is a small part of your Stones concert experience. Who knows, you may actually enjoy her! You never know. But the pre-show anger is very silly, in my opinion.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:30

GumbootCloggeroo
Ah, yes, the pre-show anger towards the guest selection. Right now you guys are pissed off but guess what, you'll be very satisfied when you climb into bed tonight. You will see The Stones. The guest does not really matter. The guest is a small part of your Stones concert experience. Who knows, you may actually enjoy her! You never know. But the pre-show anger is very silly, in my opinion.

I was pre-angry prior to the pre-show anger, so can I be excused? Do I have to go to bed now?

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:33

the Stones shouldn't alienate their existing fans at the expense of trying to impress a bunch of 15-24 year old girls that don't know/care who they are and who still won't care who they are after taylor swift sings with them. hopefully they at least do a really great song like sweet virginia or loving cup and not something generic like wild horses or IORR.

Date: June 3, 2013 21:33

GumbootCloggeroo
Ah, yes, the pre-show anger towards the guest selection. Right now you guys are pissed off but guess what, you'll be very satisfied when you climb into bed tonight. You will see The Stones.

you had me very interested until i saw what my surprise was going to be. what a tease...

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:34

It's not "genius marketing." I seriously doubt most Taylor Swift fans are going to like the band over the long haul and go out and buy their catalog (as if people even buy music anymore, anyways). Even for the flyweight "talent" that she is, she's yesterday's news, and her fans aren't music fans, they're fans of her soap opera. There's an entire laundry list of younger artists who would be more appropriate, marketing and demographic wise, than Taylor Swift.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home