Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Keith will release solo album in 2014
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:35

ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI
If "One More Shot" is an example of what he has in in the can,good luck to him if he does a new record,it will probably be worst than "Goddess",to me it sounds like typical Richard's bullshit...

I love your mindless passion!!! I even love the mindless bullshit!!!
This board has it all? Oh wait, I meant !

Well, thank you for those kind words MH,l am deeply touched by them...winking smiley

As you should be my good man, as you should be!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:38

1996, march.
KEITH RICHARDS & THE X-PENSIVE WINOS. Near Ocho Rios, Jamaica, KR’s house. Recording of demo tracks.
2011, april.
Keith Richards is working at Germano Studios in Manhattan with producer and drummer Steve Jordan and has been writing and recording in Studio 1. Keith: 'A new album starting to blossom...'
2013, may
In a new interview with Mojo magazine, Richards says:
“I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.
“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.

C'mon Keef, let's hope this is the right time!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:56

I love One More Shot. I think the production is a little thin. I don't understand people who love the Rolling Stones who think it sucks. It's not a major song but it's better Stones by numbers than most of the uptempo songs on the last three albums. It's got the roll, baby.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:02

What about Waddy?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:16

I put the prospect of another Keith/Winos album on the Meh List (see Sunday NY Times Magazine). Not hot, not not...just "meh".

Date: June 5, 2013 02:27

71Tele
I put the prospect of another Keith/Winos album on the Meh List (see Sunday NY Times Magazine). Not hot, not not...just "meh".

Great!
At least you've got him right up there with another Stones album...

Where do you put another Jagger stab at it?

Date: June 5, 2013 02:31

Munichhilton
71Tele

Great!

You don't want to know...

Seriously, the first one was very good. The second one was riffs, not songs. I don't think that Keith and Steve Jordan necessarily bring out the best in each other.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:50

God, some of you people are hilariously delusional and pathetic.

Date: June 5, 2013 02:59

vermontoffender
God, some of you people are hilariously delusional and pathetic.

We prefer 'some of us people'....especially looking at your brilliant line of insights along the way...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:41

Thank god for The Human Riff. I bet he won't have these guests on his album

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:50

Keith will be on tour with the Rolling Stones in 2014, who is he kidding?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 04:51 by Woz.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:16

71Tele
Munichhilton
71Tele

Great!

Seriously, the first one was very good. The second one was riffs, not songs. I don't think that Keith and Steve Jordan necessarily bring out the best in each other.

First was definitely better, but the second one wasn't bad.......it was kind of uneven, I like what I like, and what I dont, I skip.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:30

DandelionPowderman
seitan
DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
seitan
Main Offender and Talk Is Cheap are far better than anything Stones did in the eighties !!

Tattoo You?

With the exception of two tracks (Neighbors, Heaven), the music on TY was done in the 70s. TY was merely mixed in the 80s.

I know + many songs from 1979. That should count when the album was released in 1981? smiling smiley

Well, the 80's mix on Tattoo You is horrible.
There's lot of great songs on Tattoo You and I love the album, cause the songwriting is great as ever - but it would have been much better album if it didnt have that horrible eighties mixing job.

During the 80's guitar riff based music didnt have loud guitar sound at all. - it seemed to be trendy and fashionable to bury the guitars in the mix and I hate that. Rolling Stones play guitar riff based music- loud guitars should be the most important thing on every Stones album. That's rock n roll !!
And that's where it all went straight to hell. 80's synth's became a trendy but not the guitars. - No wonder Mick and Keith started having probleams in the eighties, I guess Mick wanted to be at the top of every chart and fashionable and trendy - and the result: Stones didnt sound like Stones anymore. To be trendy in the 80's meant that guitars had to be buried deep in the mix, and everything was mixed with poor digital studio gear and great analog gear went out the studio window - no wonder Keef was furious with Mick.

I like the mix, although the drums on Neighbours are a bit too much for me. Pretty funny, though. SMU sounds as far away from the 80s as possible. Same with Hang Fire, Slave, T+A and Waiting On A Friend, imo. They sound ancient smiling smiley

80's mix on TATTOO YOU? That is beyond ridiculous. It was the first year of the 1980s - the "80's mix" you're talking wasn't anywhere near TATTOO YOU. That album is supreme - songwise and mix wise, especially considering the different formats and different boards the recordings were done on. Mick and Keith had problems with EMOTIONAL RESCUE, not TATTOO YOU. Mick's issue with being trendy (Miss You and Emotional Rescue aside) started with UNDERCOVER and then his solo albums, not TATTOO YOU. Besides, the Stones didn't do anything digital until STEEL WHEELS.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:31

RoughJusticeOnYa
...All in all: Keith Richards anouncing that he is recording new songs, and will be releasing them 'in due time' - but within the time frame of 1 year, is good news in MY book. With ór without the Stones!

I do prefer a 'Keef'-album with Mick on vocals, Charlie on drums, and Ronnie on fire though.

Keith said similar about How Can I Stop. Hopefully they'll pull that one out before they hang it up.

Posted by: JeremyDylan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:29

Whether or not the Stones tour continues through 2014, I would love to hear new tracks from Richards and Jordan. Richards is Richards and Jordan is about as good a drummer as is currently playing.

Date: June 5, 2013 09:49

71Tele
Munichhilton
71Tele

Great!

I agree with some of the songs being riffs.

However, if we look into it a bit more you'll find that Wicked As It Seems, Words Of Wonder, Eileen, Hate It When You Leave and Demon are finished as well as good songs, imo.

Running Too Deep, Will But You Won't and 999 are just grooves. The latter one is good, though.

TIC is excellent. Almost as good as Ronnie's best albums, imo.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:46

wonderful news! Go Winos Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 5, 2013 12:47

There are no "news". Keith was just saying what he might do...

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:56

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
seitan
DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
seitan
Main Offender and Talk Is Cheap are far better than anything Stones did in the eighties !!

Tattoo You?

With the exception of two tracks (Neighbors, Heaven), the music on TY was done in the 70s. TY was merely mixed in the 80s.

I know + many songs from 1979. That should count when the album was released in 1981? smiling smiley

There's lot of great songs on Tattoo You and I love the album, cause the songwriting is great as ever - but it would have been much better album if it didnt have that horrible eighties mixing job.

During the 80's guitar riff based music didnt have loud guitar sound at all. - it seemed to be trendy and fashionable to bury the guitars in the mix and I hate that. Rolling Stones play guitar riff based music- loud guitars should be the most important thing on every Stones album. That's rock n roll !!
And that's where it all went straight to hell. 80's synth's became a trendy but not the guitars. - No wonder Mick and Keith started having probleams in the eighties, I guess Mick wanted to be at the top of every chart and fashionable and trendy - and the result: Stones didnt sound like Stones anymore. To be trendy in the 80's meant that guitars had to be buried deep in the mix, and everything was mixed with poor digital studio gear and great analog gear went out the studio window - no wonder Keef was furious with Mick.

I like the mix, although the drums on Neighbours are a bit too much for me. Pretty funny, though. SMU sounds as far away from the 80s as possible. Same with Hang Fire, Slave, T+A and Waiting On A Friend, imo. They sound ancient smiling smiley

80's mix on TATTOO YOU? That is beyond ridiculous. It was the first year of the 1980s - the "80's mix" you're talking wasn't anywhere near TATTOO YOU. That album is supreme - songwise and mix wise, especially considering the different formats and different boards the recordings were done on. Mick and Keith had problems with EMOTIONAL RESCUE, not TATTOO YOU. Mick's issue with being trendy (Miss You and Emotional Rescue aside) started with UNDERCOVER and then his solo albums, not TATTOO YOU. Besides, the Stones didn't do anything digital until STEEL WHEELS.

I agree - I think Tattoo You is a fantastic sounding album. And the guitars don't sound buried to me at all. Quite the opposite.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:10

Roll73
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
seitan
DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
seitan

Tattoo You?

I agree - I think Tattoo You is a fantastic sounding album. And the guitars don't sound buried to me at all. Quite the opposite.

Your honour, I rest my case:

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:22

Hi Seitan, that's not a fair example... EVERYTHING in "Neighbours" is buried under those drums, even though Jagger tries his best to keep some noise...>grinning smiley<

That's Charlie Watts and His Rolling Stones...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 15:23 by Doxa.

Date: June 5, 2013 16:18

TeddyB1018
I love One More Shot. I think the production is a little thin. I don't understand people who love the Rolling Stones who think it sucks. It's not a major song but it's better Stones by numbers than most of the uptempo songs on the last three albums. It's got the roll, baby.

I agree. This could potentially be a great song but it was ruined by Mick's vocals and poor production. Keith and Steve wrote this song for Winos and i think it would have been better played by them.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:50

Wish a such powerful GS live version today !

Date: June 5, 2013 16:59

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 17:03 by Powerage.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:03

Woz
Keith will be on tour with the Rolling Stones in 2014, who is he kidding?

This sounds more and more true...Here's to 2015!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:20

Doxa
Hi Seitan, that's not a fair example... EVERYTHING in "Neighbours" is buried under those drums, even though Jagger tries his best to keep some noise...>grinning smiley<

That's Charlie Watts and His Rolling Stones...

- Doxa

If Neighbors sounds like the most 80s-type of drum-heavy/loud track on the album, a la Todd Rundgren's I Just Wanna Bang On The Drum all Day, it's because it was recorded in 1981.

We can be thankful the whole album wasn't recorded in 1981, otherwise all the tracks on Tattoo You would have been ruined by that type of sound.

This was the post-punk new-wave Stones at work.

Date: June 6, 2013 01:55

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
Munichhilton
71Tele

Great!

I agree with some of the songs being riffs.

However, if we look into it a bit more you'll find that Wicked As It Seems, Words Of Wonder, Eileen, Hate It When You Leave and Demon are finished as well as good songs, imo.

Running Too Deep, Will But You Won't and 999 are just grooves. The latter one is good, though.

TIC is excellent. Almost as good as Ronnie's best albums, imo.

Yes, as usual I am guilty of making a broad general statement to illustrate my point. There are some songs on Main Offender. Overall, it wasn't so strong in the songwriting dept. vs. Talk Is Cheap. That better?

Posted by: gotthasilva ()
Date: June 6, 2013 09:54

I hope he does. It seems to me that both of them actually would have be better and happier in some ways working more often solo (at least alongside their Stones work). I think they both got too hung up on the fact that their solo records/tours didn't sell as well as Stones ones, but that was hardly ever likely to be the case. Surely it's more a question of artistic satisfaction - they hardly need the money. Keith's solo records were GOOD (especially Talk is Cheap) and Mick's had some good moments. But what did they do? Keith virtually gave up once the Stones were back together and Mick (as he does with the Stones too) seems far too preoccupied with the latest trends and posing to just concentrate on just the music. When occasionally he cares about something enough to just ditch all the trying to be trendy rubbish, he can be devastating. (I just watched a version of Party Doll live before writing this!)

Remember that interview with Keith with Bruna Lombardi (early 90s) - he's so excited about his live work with the winos and talks of his heart being torn and how he's definitely going to be keeping both bands going. But he didn't - I really wonder why? It seems a big mistake. He could really have taken off from where he was at that point.

He seems to have a bit of a new lease of life at the moment. The health problems (both his and Patti's) must have been a hell of a strain a few years ago. But he's done the book, got himself sober, and maybe thinking that there may not be many productive years left, wants to have one more blast both with the Stones and on his own. I really hope so.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 6, 2013 10:13

DandelionPowderman
There are no "news". Keith was just saying what he might do...

And he pretty much said the same thing last fall, the difference being that no "journalist" deemed it worthy to pull a fast one like that dude.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home