Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Keith will release solo album in 2014
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:45

Munichhilton
duke richardson
“Everybody thinks he’s the new boy but he’s been with us 20 years. His playing with Charlie is so locked in, I can’t think of a rhythm section I’ve been with, except in the Winos maybe with Steve Jordan and Charlie Drayton, where I’ve felt that same rapport. I wanna give Mr. Jones his due.”

thats great..

he didn't consider Charlie and Bill to be as locked in? is he trying to airbrush Bill out of the Stones..

Bill who now?

that funny little feller...with the big amp and cigarettes

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:48

New keith solo album would be great. Hope it includes some killer covers. His songwriting isn't what it used to be but he can still play and sing.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:22

I'm up for a new Keith solo recording...on one condition, he drops using the 5 string suspended chord sequences for the songs. THey all sound just too similar and to be honest neither of his previous solo recordings set the world alight. There were 2 or 3 decent tracks and the rest just a load of session men following Keiths 5 string riffs to no effective outcome.

I'd like to hear more things along the lines of Honey Don;t, Let's Go Steady, All About You. Yes I know the two country songs were covers but I think that is the only way he is going to make anything worth listening to these days.

For me, Ronnie has made the best solo records of the Stones by a mile. Keith's stuff is just too formulaic for me.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:25

..it's better with the stones...!

Date: June 3, 2013 22:40

crumbling_mice
I'm up for a new Keith solo recording...on one condition, he drops using the 5 string suspended chord sequences for the songs. THey all sound just too similar and to be honest neither of his previous solo recordings set the world alight. There were 2 or 3 decent tracks and the rest just a load of session men following Keiths 5 string riffs to no effective outcome.

I'd like to hear more things along the lines of Honey Don;t, Let's Go Steady, All About You. Yes I know the two country songs were covers but I think that is the only way he is going to make anything worth listening to these days.

For me, Ronnie has made the best solo records of the Stones by a mile. Keith's stuff is just too formulaic for me.

I think TIC was pretty versatile. MO wasn't as good, imo. Some great songs there, though.

I agree about Ronnie's albums.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:43

999 and Running Too Deep from MO are instant classics...

Demon is beyond brilliant

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:45

Main Offender and Talk Is Cheap are far better than anything Stones did in the eighties !!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:59

seitan
Main Offender and Talk Is Cheap are far better than anything Stones did in the eighties !!

I'd definatley agree with that. I just think that Keith has much more to offer than the 5 string riff stuff which he has bled dry just about. The man comes uop with some incredible songs when he moves away from this - make No Mistake is a great example from his solo works.

Date: June 3, 2013 23:00

crumbling_mice
seitan

I'd definatley agree with that. I just think that Keith has much more to offer than the 5 string riff stuff which he has bled dry just about. The man comes uop with some incredible songs when he moves away from this - make No Mistake is a great example from his solo works.

As is Locked Away...a nice acoustic classic...

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:01

Good News as I always liked Keef's solo stuff and the two shows I saw. Hope he does a solo theater tour.

I would prefer a new Stones album but sometimes you can't always get what you want.

Date: June 3, 2013 23:02

seitan

Tattoo You?

Date: June 3, 2013 23:18

What an uncalled-for, needless, unnecessary cheap shot at Bill...

Keith ...Winos are a superb band...not better or worse than Rythmn King who play in another league...you do not need to show that mixture of envy and resentment...towards Bill. They have worked harder, longer yes but your band is as good as his.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:21

DandelionPowderman
seitan

Tattoo You?

With the exception of two tracks (Neighbors, Heaven), the music on TY was done in the 70s. TY was merely mixed in the 80s.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:24

Munichhilton

Add "Wicked as It Seems" & I agree 100% but that's four songs...

Mick had the guts to work with Rick Rubin, a real producer (that is a guy who could tell Mick he sucked when he sucked) but Keith never had that kind of guts. He only worked/s with "yes man" "that take ruled" "gimme five" "Keith you're the best" type of guys...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 23:30 by dcba.

Date: June 3, 2013 23:27

Munichhilton
crumbling_mice
seitan

As is Locked Away...a nice acoustic classic...

Talk is Cheap is a strong LP that will stand the test of time, no question. No filler really although struggle always kind of annoyed me. Love locked away, make no mistake, it means a lot, take it so hard, how I wish....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 23:33 by sonomastone.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:29

Will vanish like electronic cigaret vapour after selling less than 60,000 copies worldwide...won't even cause as much stir as Rod's new album--which was zero.

Date: June 3, 2013 23:31

dcba
Munichhilton

Mick had the guts to work with Rick Rubin, a real producer (that is a guy who could tell he sucked when he sucked) but Keith never had that kind of guts. He only worked/s with "yes man" "that take ruled" "gimme five" "Keith you're the best" type of guys...

I will concede that I struggle to like Yap Yap...it wants me to like it and invites me over for a beer but I never go...I'm sorta avoiding Yap Yap...

Date: June 3, 2013 23:34

dcba
Munichhilton

Mick had the guts to work with Rick Rubin, a real producer (that is a guy who could tell Mick he sucked when he sucked) but Keith never had that kind of guts. He only worked/s with "yes man" "that take ruled" "gimme five" "Keith you're the best" type of guys...

Eileen and Hate When You Leave (a masterpiece!) are better than RTD. I like WOW too

Date: June 3, 2013 23:35

stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
seitan

Tattoo You?

With the exception of two tracks (Neighbors, Heaven), the music on TY was done in the 70s. TY was merely mixed in the 80s.

I know + many songs from 1979. That should count when the album was released in 1981? smiling smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:35

looking forward to a song "small dick huge balls", as well as an interviews about Mick's sexual preferences, favorite poses in bed, secrets of his appearance and health - KR said he left out lot of stuff, so here we go... As we know the only time Richards didn't sell a solo product through the use of Jagger's name that album bombed spectacularly. I do not think that he would make that mistake again

Date: June 4, 2013 00:37

proudmary
looking forward to a song "small dick huge balls", as well as an interviews about Mick's sexual preferences, favorite poses in bed, secrets of his appearance and health - KR said he left out lot of stuff, so here we go... As we know the only time Richards didn't sell a solo product through the use of Jagger's name that album bombed spectacularly. I do not think that he would make that mistake again

Oh.... who invited you...this is a Keith fest. Can't you go find the Jagger can do no wrong thread?

Yeeesh

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:39

.....below the belt mary ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 4, 2013 00:41

Rockman

but "this is a Keith fest" - so I try to fit

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:46

mick and keith haven't fought in public like this for too long. keep it up! love it!

Date: June 4, 2013 00:59

proudmary
Rockman

right...it's the blade then...

I imagine you're overjoyed at Mick's obnoxious attempts to stay relevant with pointless guest after guest...while Keith is concentrating on his guitar like he's doing long division in his head to get the Shelter intro right...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:02

Munichhilton
proudmary
Rockman

I imagine you're overjoyed at Mick's obnoxious attempts to stay relevant with pointless guest after guest...while Keith is concentrating on his guitar like he's doing long division in his head to get the Shelter intro right...

why isn't the math provided to him on the teleprompter! dammit teleprompter guy!

Date: June 4, 2013 01:03

I wonder is this the usual KR's way of communicating with Mick through the press - an attempt to blackmail him with a solo album if Jagger still remains in doubt whether he should record Stones album( to push Mick in the right direction, so to speak) or Richards showed him a demos and Mick did not like them

Date: June 4, 2013 01:05

Munichhilton
proudmary
Rockman

Great image :-)

I am waiting for Keith to point at mick and say "that cat there man if he doesn't cool it with the guests man then I'm not playing"

Date: June 4, 2013 01:08

grinning smiley

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:08

If Keith is trying to blackmail anyone by threatening to release a solo album, release away. Neither a Keith solo album or a Stones album sounds very promising at this point in their career, and no one buys albums anymore, anyways. Keith must be living back in the day when people went to record stores and bought CD's/vinyl/cassettes/8-track tapes, or he would know it's a waste of time and money.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home