Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Keith will release solo album in 2014
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:20

StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton
Lets let the true Rock n Roll begin...

I saw that one coming, Munich winking smiley

Very predictable comment I know, but I hope the release is full of balladry and croaky crooning!!! Keith solo is as good as music gets...

oh, shut it. keith hasn't put out a decent solo record since the first bush adminisration...

He's been tied up y'know...he has that other band...

Dirty Mac? Dirty Strangers? Wingless Angels?

None of that's important now...only the solo LP matters now...lets get this best tour ever over with...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:24

rambler44
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Very predictable comment I know, but I hope the release is full of balladry and croaky crooning!!! Keith solo is as good as music gets...

oh, shut it. keith hasn't put out a decent solo record since the first bush adminisration...

Why are you hating??

this is a very private and very personal matter between munich and me. we'd prefer you not interfere and let us hash out this very discreet matter in full public view....

Date: June 3, 2013 17:25

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

He's been tied up y'know...he has that other band...

Dirty Mac? Dirty Strangers? Wingless Angels?

None of that's important now...only the solo LP matters now...lets get this best tour ever over with...

mick taylor is ruining everything. dammit taylor!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:46

Nothing wrong with a good Keith ballad, so long as he mixes it up with a few more raucous numbers. I just don't think I cold stomach a whole album of Loosing My Touch and This Place Is Empty. Then again, they're not terrific showcases for Keith's song-writing greatness of old. The end, was, in my opinion, How Can I Stop.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:25

<<< Keith will release solo album in 2014 >>>

Well just as long as he sticks to what he's good at and omits to do what he's crap at .......... the former is playing guitar and the latter is singing !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 3, 2013 18:41

paulywaul

Well just as long as he sticks to what he's good at and omits to do what he's crap at .......... the former is playing guitar and the latter is singing !!

He's got more inflection then Jagger does at this stage...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:53

If results are any indication, you can have all the rapport in the world between the bass player and the drummer and still produce crap. Everybody knows the accomplishments of the Wyman/Watts rhythm section. Nobody, outside of the band, talks about the accomplishments of Jones/Watts. Keith has never admitted how crucial Bill's bass playing was to the records Keith wrote and recorded. Keith has never bothered to say what exactly was great about Bill's playing. All the praise went to Charlie. No wonder Bill can't spend much time around him. Keith is either deaf or the most immature egotist on the planet.

Who the hell needs another Keith solo album, which, at their best, are watered down Stones cuts that wouldn't qualify as Stones B sides? And what, he's gotten BETTER since 1988? Or whenever the 2nd solo album was released that I never bothered to listen to. I saw Keith live in '88 and it was fun. He still had just enough voice left at that point. It's disgraceful that a guy with such a distinctive interesting voice did absolutely nothing to preserve it or strengthen it. It's getting pretty obvious that Keith doesn't care that much about the Stones anymore. He needs to be free to make Pirates 19 and an acappella album with Tom Waits.

Date: June 3, 2013 18:54

Munichhilton
paulywaul

He's got more inflection then Jagger does at this stage...

Inflection be buggered; one can sing and the other cannot ....... it's that simple. One is the voice/vocal signature sound of the Rolling Stones, the other sadly cannot carry a tune these days, that's the reality.

Date: June 3, 2013 18:57

24FPS
If results are any indication, you can have all the rapport in the world between the bass player and the drummer and still produce crap. Everybody knows the accomplishments of the Wyman/Watts rhythm section. Nobody, outside of the band, talks about the accomplishments of Jones/Watts. Keith has never admitted how crucial Bill's bass playing was to the records Keith wrote and recorded. Keith has never bothered to say what exactly was great about Bill's playing. All the praise went to Charlie. No wonder Bill can't spend much time around him. Keith is either deaf or the most immature egotist on the planet.

Who the hell needs another Keith solo album, which, at their best, are watered down Stones cuts that wouldn't qualify as Stones B sides? And what, he's gotten BETTER since 1988? Or whenever the 2nd solo album was released that I never bothered to listen to. I saw Keith live in '88 and it was fun. He still had just enough voice left at that point. It's disgraceful that a guy with such a distinctive interesting voice did absolutely nothing to preserve it or strengthen it. It's getting pretty obvious that Keith doesn't care that much about the Stones anymore. He needs to be free to make Pirates 19 and an acappella album with Tom Waits.

ouch! and all this happening in the midst of the greatest tour mankind has ever seen. so unlikely.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:04

The greatest tour mankind has ever seen? So unlikely.

Date: June 3, 2013 19:08

24FPS

i am as stunned as anyone. who'd have thought a band of old geezers with two guitarists who can barely function anymore could produce this?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:09

Good news ... or did anybody else already post that ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 3, 2013 19:23

All of you are just hurting because Keith spoke poorly of each and everyone one of you in his book...you need to move past it and rejoice in his soloness...

His high soloness Keith Richards...weddings, parties, funerals...

Date: June 3, 2013 19:26

Very Much looking Forward to a new Keith solo album!!!Fantastic news this really made my daysmoking smiley

Date: June 3, 2013 19:27

StonesTod
24FPS

i am as stunned as anyone. who'd have thought a band of old geezers with two guitarists who can barely function anymore could produce this?

Absurd exaggeration ...... are you f***ing kidding ?

Date: June 3, 2013 19:28

paulywaul
StonesTod
24FPS

Absurd exaggeration ...... are you f***ing kidding ?

hey, you can't just make this stuff up, you know...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:33

StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

He hasn't put out ANY solo records since the first Bush administration.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 3, 2013 19:37

jamesfdouglas
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

that's just a coincidence...

Date: June 3, 2013 19:38

StonesTod
jamesfdouglas
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

that's just a coincidence...

That's just a pressure drop

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:42

StonesTod
rambler44
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Why are you hating??

this is a very private and very personal matter between munich and me. we'd prefer you not interfere and let us hash out this very discreet matter in full public view....

I fully understand. I was just surprised to see you so negative against Keith.

Date: June 3, 2013 19:46

rambler44
StonesTod
rambler44
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Why are you hating??

yeah, i'm sorry. sometimes the facts just come out and i get a little emotional. i care deeply. too deeply.

Date: June 3, 2013 19:51

StonesTod
rambler44
StonesTod
rambler44
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Why are you hating??

yeah, i'm sorry. sometimes the facts just come out and i get a little emotional. i care deeply. too deeply.

Facts is facts and it really puts Keith, or his soloness as he known, in perspective...lets step up the output sir soloness...again, as he's known...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:11

I'd rather hear Mick sing Keith's songs. I hear Take It So Hard--a really good song--and think of how much better it would have been if Mick had sung it.

The Stones used to be about making each other better, the sum greater than the parts. That's where all those great songs and albums came from.

Now The Stones are a bunch of solo artists who throw themselves together once a blue moon for a bunch of shows. But, creatively, they're just.... parts. "Parts is parts"....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:22

I respectfully disagree, Stonehearted. Keith lyrics use "baby" far too much for the average listener to tolerate Mick's sad mispronunciation of the word.

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:29

Well just as long as he sticks to what he's good at

What Keith Richards is wonderful at is music.
He uses both his guitar voice and his vocal voice beautifully.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:30

Personally, I would prefer a new Keith album instead of a Stones album. On a solo record, Keith can do whatever he likes and do not have to think in commecial terms.

If The Stones will ever make an album again, they will play it safe and probably try to make one or two singles combined with 4-5 ballads, 4-5 by-numbers rockers, a funk track, two Keith vocal songs, a blues and one (1!) track in which they'll make something very different outside their style.

It has been like that since 1989. That is not to say that the albums are worthless, but they are very predictable.

Date: June 3, 2013 21:31

with sssoul

I think I love you...

with sssoul

i think the focal focus should be on his vocal voice...

Posted by: duke richardson ()

“Everybody thinks he’s the new boy but he’s been with us 20 years. His playing with Charlie is so locked in, I can’t think of a rhythm section I’ve been with, except in the Winos maybe with Steve Jordan and Charlie Drayton, where I’ve felt that same rapport. I wanna give Mr. Jones his due.”

thats great..

he didn't consider Charlie and Bill to be as locked in? is he trying to airbrush Bill out of the Stones..

Date: June 3, 2013 21:32

duke richardson
“Everybody thinks he’s the new boy but he’s been with us 20 years. His playing with Charlie is so locked in, I can’t think of a rhythm section I’ve been with, except in the Winos maybe with Steve Jordan and Charlie Drayton, where I’ve felt that same rapport. I wanna give Mr. Jones his due.”

thats great..

he didn't consider Charlie and Bill to be as locked in? is he trying to airbrush Bill out of the Stones..

Bill who now?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home