Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Chicago 2: United Center, Chicago, 31st May 2013 - the show in videos
Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:33

MT's direct Sound

Re: Chicago 2: irst United Center, Chicago, 31st May 2013 - the show in videos
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:43

Thanks, sabata - I'll add that one to the first post. How was the highlighting of MT's guitar done?

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:55

DandelionPowderman
GravityBoy
kleermaker
Best Knocking (thus far):

This one is good quality.

Keith gives MT a nice kiss at the end.

He needed that, because this was far, far from the brilliance he came up with on the last rendition...

Taylor is very daring, and moves way out of his comfort zone - albeit without succeeding, imo.

Huh??? He succeeded greatly here. Playing outside the comfort zone is the best way and the way the most talented players play. If you want to hear the record, play it. I don't understand the logic in that comment.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 4, 2013 12:01

This bit where at 0:25 Mick says "Charlie really loved that one. He loves the attention," is really very funny. A rare instance of Mick being spontaneous and witty when speaking into the mic. He really should do that more often onstage, rather than the canned and overdone "Are ya feelin' goooooood?", which really seems beneath his humor and intelligence level.

Date: June 4, 2013 12:04

sanQ
DandelionPowderman
GravityBoy
kleermaker

He needed that, because this was far, far from the brilliance he came up with on the last rendition...

Taylor is very daring, and moves way out of his comfort zone - albeit without succeeding, imo.

Huh??? He succeeded greatly here. Playing outside the comfort zone is the best way and the way the most talented players play. If you want to hear the record, play it. I don't understand the logic in that comment.

True, but he didn't succeed. Sometimes you move far astray...

Nothing pleases me more than doing something that's different from the record in a guitar solo, but it has to sound good for me to enjoy it.

The first CYHMK was fantastic. This one was average at best...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 12:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 4, 2013 12:16

DandelionPowderman
sanQ
DandelionPowderman
GravityBoy
kleermaker

True, but he didn't succeed. Sometimes you move far astray...

Nothing pleases me more than doing something that's different from the record in a guitar solo, but it has to sound good for me to enjoy it.

The first CYHMK was fantastic. This one was average at best...

I have to agree. The second one lacked a certain fire. Perhaps MT got a bit of a talking to after the Anaheim version about being too spontaneous onstage. It was really fantastic to see the way Mick and Keith were reacting in Anaheim, as though Mick T was the additional stage actor going off the script and ad-libbing, keeping the others on their toes, something you never see at a Stones show since they became certified choreographed professional entertainers, but Mick T brought it back to the old days and threw a fresh off the cuff jam into the mix--but the version in Chicago was nothing like the first, because the cast was back on script, playing by the numbers, every note on cue.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:46

During the first Knocking Taylor caught the band (and us) by surprise, being totally in control, wrong-footing the band, especially Jagger (but except Charlie I guess). The second one showed us a somewhat subdued Taylor, but to me this last solo had some beautiful and lyrical moments. Maybe not so easy and fast to 'catch' as the first one.

Date: June 4, 2013 16:55

kleermaker
During the first Knocking Taylor caught the band (and us) by surprise, being totally in control, wrong-footing the band, especially Jagger (but except Charlie I guess). The second one showed us a somewhat subdued Taylor, but to me this last solo had some beautiful and lyrical moments. Maybe not so easy and fast to 'catch' as the first one.

Not at all. The band was backing him up, perhaps even better than on the second version. It's the other way around.

However, Taylor's performance was better the first time.

Jagger is Jagger. He'll stick to the maracas from now on winking smiley

Date: June 4, 2013 17:00

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

Not at all. The band was backing him up, perhaps even better than on the second version. It's the other way around.

You're right as for the wrong-footing: that concerns only Jagger. Indeed almost no back up during the second one: only Taylor and Charlie. And Mick on maracas of course. I think I like the second version most. A matter of taste I guess.

Date: June 4, 2013 17:04

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

You're right as for the wrong-footing: that concerns only Jagger. Indeed almost no back up during the second one: only Taylor and Charlie. And Mick on maracas of course. I think I like the second version most. A matter of taste I guess.

It was at least more "adventurous" than the first one thumbs up

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:18

sabata
MT's direct Sound

Man, Taylor really @#$%& that one up. What a crappy way to destroy a primal, simple riff.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:22

Great playing IMO.

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:56

another one from Tongue Pit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 04:38 by sabata.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:53

paint it black

Date: June 5, 2013 08:54

shine a light

Date: June 5, 2013 08:56

you got the silver

Date: June 5, 2013 08:57

midnight rambler

Date: June 5, 2013 08:58

CYHMK

Date: June 5, 2013 13:11

SFTD

Date: June 5, 2013 13:12

YCAGWYW

Date: June 5, 2013 13:22

Lorenz
sabata
MT's direct Sound

Man, Taylor really @#$%& that one up. What a crappy way to destroy a primal, simple riff.

Unlistenable!

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:14

I have the full show in HD - will author to blu-ray soon.

Date: June 5, 2013 15:27

guitard

This is great! thumbs up

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:07

guitard

Wow, that is great! Would love to get a copy of that for my son as a souvenir from his first Stones show ever!

Date: June 5, 2013 22:32

Beautiful video, guitard. Main post updated.

Still missing Doom & Gloom, One More shot and Tumbling Dice. If Mick wants to know which song to leave out, he should note that HARDLY ANYONE EVER SEEMS TO FILM TUMBLING DICE. But as they've invested in that backdrop video for it, I expect we're stuck with it.

Date: June 5, 2013 23:52

Knocking in best audio and video quality:

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:11

i can see myself really well dancing in the first clip (cloud)...orange shirt side of stage front row (ronnie's side)....i love those obstructed view tix...

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: June 6, 2013 05:21

Green Lady

Still missing Doom & Gloom, One More shot and Tumbling Dice. If Mick wants to know which song to leave out, he should note that HARDLY ANYONE EVER SEEMS TO FILM TUMBLING DICE. But as they've invested in that backdrop video for it, I expect we're stuck with it.
Other than brief battery/SD card changes - I've got the whole show (both 28th and 31st). I'm just waiting on flacvinyl to release his audio so I can sync them with the videos for blu-ray and DVD.

Date: June 6, 2013 18:16

kleermaker's best audio (lonmoher) + best video (Debbie Weiss) for CYHMK:

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:48

guitard
Green Lady

Other than brief battery/SD card changes - I've got the whole show (both 28th and 31st). I'm just waiting on flacvinyl to release his audio so I can sync them with the videos for blu-ray and DVD.

Wow, this is shaping up to be maybe the best boot of all time! Is there some magical software to do such a sync up?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home