Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Chicago 2: United Center, Chicago, 31st May 2013 - the show in videos
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 6, 2013 19:21

guitard
Other than brief battery/SD card changes - I've got the whole show (both 28th and 31st). I'm just waiting on flacvinyl to release his audio so I can sync them with the videos for blu-ray and DVD.

Guitard, the sound on your video for the 31st is better than my recording that night. On the 28th I had a direct shot to the PA so it came out great. On the 31st I was in that spot between the two main line arrays..

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:47

A friend tweeted me a bit before showtime. He told my family and me to enjoy ourselves and that he hoped they'd play "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'." Shortly thereafter a stagehand brought out a set of conga drums, gave them a quick test pat and then covered them with a blank blanket near Bernard's position. I was pretty sure our wish would be fulfilled...and it was : - )

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:30

@Guitard - Here is a sample of CYHMK from Chicago 2. Like I said, the audio on your camera is better than what I was able to get. You had a great spot. I was in between the two main stacks so the sound was lousy compared to my spot on the 28th... http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/Chicago2-CYHMK.mp3

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:59

Anyone download this one and compare to the guitar version? [www.iorr.org]

Wondering what the general consensus is on which is best...

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: June 8, 2013 08:57

flacnvinyl
@Guitard - Here is a sample of CYHMK from Chicago 2. Like I said, the audio on your camera is better than what I was able to get. You had a great spot. I was in between the two main stacks so the sound was lousy compared to my spot on the 28th... http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/Chicago2-CYHMK.mp3

That's not camera audio mate - I used lonmoher's audio that I downloaded from Dime. There are a few cameras that record OK audio - but even audio recorded with a cheap set of mics and a proper recorder will usually sound better than camera audio in my experience.

Date: June 8, 2013 09:04

kovach
guitard
Green Lady
Beautiful video, guitard. Main post updated.

Still missing Doom & Gloom, One More shot and Tumbling Dice. If Mick wants to know which song to leave out, he should note that HARDLY ANYONE EVER SEEMS TO FILM TUMBLING DICE. But as they've invested in that backdrop video for it, I expect we're stuck with it.

Other than brief battery/SD card changes - I've got the whole show (both 28th and 31st). I'm just waiting on flacvinyl to release his audio so I can sync them with the videos for blu-ray and DVD.

Wow, this is shaping up to be maybe the best boot of all time! Is there some magical software to do such a sync up?

I use Sony Vegas Video. It's fairly easy to do - just requires patience and a keen eye. Experience has taught me: always sync the audio with the drummer's drum sticks. Unlike a lot of drummers, Charlie isn't buried behind a some monstrous kit, so it's always easy to see him at least for a bit during most songs.

Date: June 8, 2013 09:14

flacnvinyl

Alright then - I'll plan on using lonmoher's audio for the 31st show and your audio for the 28th.

Would it be possible to get a copy of your 28th audio as a single file? Drop it into wetransfer.com perhaps? It makes life a lot easier working with a single file as opposed to a string of two dozen song clips. I know I can create me own single file, but if it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate getting it straight from you. Sony Vegas Video doesn't line the audio files up exactly right (small gaps in between each file). So a single file saves me a lot of trouble. Thanks!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 9, 2013 10:13

Updated: Gloom and Doom

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home