Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18
Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:34

Lien

Keith, Ron, you know you can do much better on this one, don't you?

The song starts off nice, but it gets kind of lost during the solos. It's quite a shame, if you think how powerful are those solos in the studio version.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:49

bv
I go to a lot of shows, and believe me, the Toronto show was outstanding, for those who went there. We don't really care about those who sit at home and complain about set lists. I care about those who ARE at the shows.

OK BV, but what about the fans in Europe? No comments allowed for them about the 2013 concerts in US... sit at home ? Comment (even criticize) is also showing a real interest in the Stones. I don't speak about the set lists, yes, there are some classics people want to hear, nothing more natural...

But you can off course care only about people who ARE at the shows... Well understood. smiling smiley Have a great end of Tour. thumbs up I stop there. No more debate, I promise.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 12:53 by roby.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2013 13:06

People who sit at home during the show and post "Booooring" are simply acting like small kids. They talk before they think. If you walk up to a woman you meet on the street and say "Booooring" into her face, because you do not like her dressing or look, then she will be offended. It is a matter of respect.

I have just two question to those who complain about set lists:

- Did you know that the Rolling Stones do not change the set list much during a tour; that it has been their modus operandi for 50 years? That they have played the very same set list at every show in past tours?

- Why should they, after 50 years, suddenly change this routine dramatically?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 27, 2013 13:50

bv
People who sit at home during the show and post "Booooring" are simply acting like small kids. They talk before they think. If you walk up to a woman you meet on the street and say "Booooring" into her face, because you do not like her dressing or look, then she will be offended. It is a matter of respect.

- Did you know that the Rolling Stones do not change the set list much during a tour; that it has been their modus operandi for 50 years? That they have played the very same set list at every show in past tours?

It's all good BV. June 12 will be special, warhorses and all. Haha

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:20

I'm back in NYC for work today as the Canadian mkt is open...(boo!)...I was up in Toronto for the weekend to see family and attend the show. I was fortunate enough to be in the pit on saturday and i thought the show was amazing. As i approach # 170 i have no complaints at all. OK, well just 1 (play more MT) but that's it...The Toronto show rocked and so looking forward to Boston and Philly...Thanks boys for touring and giving us all something to look forward to...Rock On

Date: May 27, 2013 15:53

I've only seen the Stones 4 times, starting in 1975 but this one was the best. They were incredibly dynamic and were clearly enjoying themselves and Toronto. They were guitar driven, more so than during the most recent few tours of the past 20 years. Sometimes I could almost hear shades of the 1973 European tour with all that thunderous guitar roar filling the arena. I can't wait to see them again next week right here in Toronto.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 27, 2013 17:30

Taken from “Examiner.com”. It includes extracts of reviews from Canadian Press.

“On May 25, 2013, Rolling Stones performed at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, where they were joined on stage by guest Carrie Underwood for the Stones song "It's Only Rock N'Roll (But I Like It)." According to an announcement on the official Rolling Stones website, this concert was the first time that the Stones performed "Angie" on their 2013 tour.

AEG Live is the promoter of the Rolling Stones' 2013 tour, which features former Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor as a guest on all the tour dates. The tour has been named "50 and Counting" as a celebration of the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary.

The concert also marked the return of "Happy" to the set list. "Happy" (which has guitarist Keith Richards on lead vocals) has been a mainstay at most Rolling Stones concerts since the song came out in 1972, but the Stones skipped playing the song at their Los Angeles concert on May 20, 2013.

As of May 8, 2013, select concerts on the tour will feature a song performed by request from fans who voted online via the official Rolling Stones mobile app. For each concert, fans will be given a choice of five different songs to vote for, and the Rolling Stones will perform the song that gets the most votes for that concert. The Rolling Stones also did this for their "50 and Counting" concerts in 2012. At the concert on May 25, 2103, the song performed by request was "Street Fighting Man," which the Stones previously performed at their surprise show at the Echoplex in Los Angeles on April 27, 2013.

The vast majority of the reviews from fans and critics have been positive about the Rolling Stones' performances on this tour so far. And even though many fans have complained about the tour's ticket prices (which range from $85 to $600 per ticket), various reports from fans and the media are that the concerts have been playing to full houses.

The tour's concerts in England are sold out, but for the tour's concerts in North America, tickets have not immediately sold out and are being sold on the day of the show. Tickets are more likely to be discounted closer to the concert date. The $85 tickets for the North American shows are randomly assigned, and the ticket buyers won't know where their seats are until they pick up their tickets at the venue.

Here are excerpts from reviews of the Toronto concert on May 25, 2013:

Toronto Globe and Mail:

"The race is over, the victory lap is happening, and for the first time in many, many years, it felt like time was back on the Stones’s side ... But at the ACC, this time around, with no new meaningless album to promote and no points to make, the concert was a pressure’s-off celebration, with the rhythm section of drummer Charlie Watts and bassist Darryl Jones nimbly supplying the groove. Greying guitarist Keith Richards, sloppy but passable, was not the tough-guy pirate with the skull ring on his knobby fingers anymore ... The vibe is looser now, with the former bad boys no longer needing to play to an image (or even a stature, really)."

Toronto Star:

"Toronto welcomed home its favourite foreign musical sons as The Rolling Stones brought their 50 & Counting tour to the Air Canada Centre on Saturday night in front of some 13,000 fans ... 'It’s great to be back in Toronto,' said Jagger initially before screwing up the venue and then correcting himself. 'It’s great to be back at the Rogers, I mean, the Air Canada Centre.' Forgetful, maybe briefly, and wrinkly, definitely, but the Stones still have plenty of heart, soul and seemingly boundless energy as the foursome was joined by bassist Darryl Jones, keyboardist Chuck Leavell, backup singers Bernard Fowler and Lisa Fischer and saxophonists Bobby Keys and Tim Ries." (Rating 4 out of 4 stars)

Canadian Press:

"And pricey though it is, the Stones' show remains something to behold ... It's natural to assume that a band celebrating its 50th anniversary would be slowed severely by time. And yet, guitarist Keith Richards — who's 69 but looks older, with a face marked by grooves as deep and worn as a first vinyl pressing of "12 X 5" — and 65-year-old Ron Wood conjured spiralling, sinewy guitar riffs with as much power as ever, while 71-year-old drummer Charlie Watts still seemed unflappable almost to the point of mild boredom. While those Stones didn't roll so much as stay more or less stationary, Jagger — set to turn 70 in a matter of months — proved he's still an electric presence. Initially clad in a purple velvet jacket and matching silk shirt with black trousers so tight those in the front row could likely count the change in his pocket, Jagger made it clear that he's the engine powering this band as its odometer ticks up into the hundreds of thousands of kilometres."

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 27, 2013 17:37

Toronto was a bit of a pain because of some dumbass with 1/2 a brain and a belly full of beer whose only talent was a loud, incessant whistle. Everyone around him was irritated, so I went up and asked him to stop. Smart-assed answer, so I grabbed the beer out of his hand, threw it on the ground and pointed him to come out in the aisle with me. Security came, and it took about at least a full song to sort out, with the outcome of telling him to stop or he'd be ejected. I'm an easy going guy, but there are some things when you just have to take a stand, and screwing up my Stones' experience is one of them. Everyone around me was thanking me and giving high-fives. On with the show.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 17:52

baldboy
sorry but I get sick and tired of people talking about Midnight Rambler as if it's Mick Taylor's song. I love Mick Taylor, an obviously fabulous period with him in the band, but who starts the song? whose riff? Keith. Who holds down the rhythm - a song is made up of melody, rhythm, solo. there's still a song someone is playing while someone else solos, folks. christ. perhaps best of many Stones' examples - Sympathy For The Devil on Get Yer Ya Ya's Out as first Keith and then Mick T. trade solos. Listen to the rhythm track each time, listen to how first Mick T. holds it down, while Keith solos - amazingly on Ya Ya's, best ever version of Sympathy in my book - and then how Keith holds it down while Mick T. does the mind-blowing solo to finish. I would say Keith holds it down better; that is what he does and is known for, rhythm - the song is the thing, dammit. Even Taylor says he learned that from Keith. both great players and Ronnie too. It's the song, the entire piece, one must look at.

keith gets totally out of shape with the chord progression during micks solo !
i dont care by the way, both solos are nr 1 on my list

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:09

bv

Not true at all. It is a similar setlist for each tour, but normally changes by 2 or 3 songs from night to night.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:15

The Rolling Stones and Carrie Underwood in Toronto on Saturday night.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:20

bv

because when one pay 600 USD for a seat and because this Tour is special, it's their @#$%&'50th anniversary Tour, you can expect somethin' more...

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 20:21 by Honestman.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:33

Next guest... David Bowie ? smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

or Tina...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 20:35 by roby.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: May 27, 2013 21:44

Where'd she get the shirt? That was my 1st Stones t-shirt (Boulder '81) and I wore it out years ago. I want one in XL. Anybody got any ideas?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:01

thumbprint
Where'd she get the shirt? That was my 1st Stones t-shirt (Boulder '81) and I wore it out years ago. I want one in XL. Anybody got any ideas?

Here it is: [rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:18

Honestman
bv

because when one pay 600 USD for a seat and because this Tour is special, it's their @#$%&'50th anniversary Tour, you can expect somethin' more...

now that, is honest.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:18

Wild Slivovitz
Lien

Keith, Ron, you know you can do much better on this one, don't you?

The song starts off nice, but it gets kind of lost during the solos. It's quite a shame, if you think how powerful are those solos in the studio version.
Sounds cool to me..

Date: May 27, 2013 22:23

bye bye johnny

[www.facebook.com]
See there are 4 Rolling Stones not five. I don't even think about Mick Taylor anymore. I'm going to the beer stand when he hits the stage. Hate that guy.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:25

bye bye johnny

[www.facebook.com]

Ronnie, what are you holding in your left hand? I hope it's diet coke.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:49

Thanks, spsimmons. I bought 2 t-shirts, 1 pair socks and the ski vest from that site. Didn't wanna wait in line in Vegas. Never looked at the girls shirts on the site. The girl shirt won't work for me (even in XL). My search continues...

Rolling Stones Air Centre Toronto, Canada, May 25, 2013. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from "inside of the tongue" (Tongue Pit)
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:00

Rolling Stones Air Centre Toronto, Canada, May 25, 2013. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from "inside of the tongue" (Tongue Pit)

iorr THANKS!

[]

Re: Rolling Stones Air Centre Toronto, Canada, May 25, 2013. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from "inside of the tongue" (Tongue Pit)
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:15

Great Pictures . THANK YOU .

sc uk

Re: Rolling Stones Air Centre Toronto, Canada, May 25, 2013. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from "inside of the tongue" (Tongue Pit)
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:51

Nice pics, thanks for sharing, I'll just past the one that really stands out here :

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 27, 2013 21:19

Nice pics... the one above looks out of synch to the large screen, was it like that during the show too ?? confused smiley

Date: May 27, 2013 23:27

The large screen is a little ahead.

Date: May 27, 2013 23:33

admorgan
bv

Not true at all. It is a similar setlist for each tour, but normally changes by 2 or 3 songs from night to night.

That is for the past 10-15 years. And fact is they played "Angie" and "SFM" for the first time on the major stage on this tour in Toronto.

This is the 50 and counting tour. Check out set lists from 1969, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1981, 1982 and so on. They don't change much.

Should they take out ER? A very popular song? Or MR? Or BS? It is easy to ask for changes, you might even change to a new wife, but then you must look into what is happening with the current wife, the curent songs, what to remove, it's a hard choice.

I remember they shipped "Sympathy" in Warsaw. A strange show but correct for that particular show. But if they took our Rambler and Satisfaction in Torointo many fans would be disappointed.

I just published half a dozen more reviews from Toronto. From nose bleed to the bit, they all say the same. Great show!

Bjornulf

Date: May 27, 2013 23:38

I have a bunch of T-shirts down in my basement, all in boxes. I mean extras from 81, 82 and so on. All sizes. Including the one Carrie Underwood is wearing. One day I hope there will be time to dig them out and make them available on IORR...

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2013 23:43

DoomandGloom

duh...it's smart tv

Date: May 27, 2013 23:45

The set list is more varied than I expected. I'd say adventurous. They are not a personal juke box. Sometime a song just stops being good, Sympathy could use a rest. Maybe just "played out" or not a fun topic any longer. They should play Bitch every night instead.

Date: May 27, 2013 23:47

treaclefingers
DoomandGloom

duh...it's smart tv
yeah it knows where they are going ahead of time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home