Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18
Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:39

alimente
Still miss the three guitar attack. Looks like the Stones don't want to be saved by Taylor...!

Jagger will never admit they need Taylor to save the tour...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:48

Onward to.....Chi_ga_goo. The dogs bark but the caravan moves on. What a stultifying setlist. Hope you all had a good time anyway. For a five day lay off they all flew home, no rehearsals to improve the Mick Taylor tunes so we are back to zero.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:59

I don't know who that guest is - some people talk about American idol and pop country - but having her with "It's Only Rock'n'Roll" for Taylor with "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" sounds a bit awful deal for a hardcore fan mindset... but that's just a reflection from thousands mile distance and via laptop... for the people there it probably was a great night. "Street Fighting Man" and "Angie" were the 'oddities' this time. Funny to think those songs as special one-timers. For greatest hits lovers that was almost an ideal concert.

I was going to follow the concert here, but I felt asleep... But probably better that way. But like said above, the caravan moves on... A next try in Chicago! See you (virtually) there!

- Doxa

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:02

Sounds like another great show, thanks for the reports.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:05

Me too. I wonder what's going through his mind. He must be thinking that it sucks not to be able to play, but on the other hand he's living in luxury at the moment and probably getting paid pretty good so why not. I would do as I was told too if I were in his position. He needs the money.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:09

You Got The Silver:

- and an incomplete one of Angie:

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:16

PS: can I do the video thread this time - haven't done one for ages. Not really worth starting yet with only 3 available.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:20

Seems to be a little bit disappointing so far in Toronto. Only Mick Taylor's rhythm section on stage with the exception of MR and SF?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 11:21 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:21

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:30

RobertJohnson
Seems to be a little bit disappointing so far in Toronto. Only Mick Taylor's rhythm section on stage with the exception of MR and SF?

thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:42

Thanks for the reports

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 26, 2013 11:43

I prefer remember when Mick rocks with Tina Turner... THAT was rock'n roll Sir Jagger.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:44

Doxa
I don't know who that guest is - some people talk about American idol and pop country - but having her with "It's Only Rock'n'Roll" for Taylor with "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" sounds a bit awful deal for a hardcore fan mindset... but that's just a reflection from thousands mile distance and via laptop... for the people there it probably was a great night. "Street Fighting Man" and "Angie" were the 'oddities' this time. Funny to think those songs as special one-timers. For greatest hits lovers that was almost an ideal concert.

I was going to follow the concert here, but I felt asleep... But probably better that way. But like said above, the caravan moves on... A next try in Chicago! See you (virtually) there!

- Doxa

The perfect Glastonbury setlist actually.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:51

andrewt
HTW fell apart not that the crowd cares every is partying

There's a lesson in that.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:06

Green Lady

...Fantastic, crispy version; sharp & dangerous as 'the blade' - lovely train wreck at the end!
whoever needs a 3d guitar on this one, really should be with a completely different concert / band altogether.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 12:08 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:09

Start Me Up

Can't Always Get...

Another view on You Got The Silver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 12:13 by kowalski.

Date: May 26, 2013 12:14

Are you kidding ? Dangerous ??????

RoughJusticeOnYa
Green Lady

...Fantastic, crispy version; sharp & dangerous as 'the blade' - lovely train wreck at the end!
whoever needs a 3d guitar on this one, really should be with a completely different concert / band altogether.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:21

What hair eye rolling smiley

[twitter.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: May 26, 2013 12:23

Nice version of You Can't Always Get What You Want. Particularly Ronnie's guitar solo.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:27

it is shameful to see a fan who does not know how to accept criticism! but check out the Stones are not the place of God .... I could say the exact opposite of what you say! and respects the opinions of others if you consider yourself a true fan!! and in any case it is true that go in half without Taylor ...!

Date: May 26, 2013 12:32

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:33

Nice to see they now write MT next to Satisfaction, first time I believe?

SomeTorontoGirl
I have no idea what to say about this show. I had a great seat - on Keith's side, adjacent to the stage, close enough to see everything and high enough to see backstage. Great! I thought they started strong with the first 4 songs. By the end of those, I was nearly deaf from sitting right under a massive speaker, and everything sounded murky. Loud - but murky. I've been closer, but have never been blasted like this before. Then the wheels felt like they were coming off this concert. Angie - WHAT the hell was Chuck playing? He sounded like he was in a saloon in the damn Klondike. Emotional Rescue - never a favourite - seems redundant when Miss You is on the set list. Ditto for both Doom and Gloom and One More Shot - pick one, please. Carrie Underwood? Don't take my word for it - I was deaf by that point - all I got out of it was a lot of shrieking and wobbling. She did not look comfortable in those sky-high stiletto shoes. She seemed nervous as hell. Not a great moment. By this time I was looking desperately over the back of the stage for signs of Mick Taylor - and looking - and looking. WTF??? Keith's set was fine, but I thought he was going to do Before They Make Me Run and I was looking forward to it - not to be. FINALLY we get Mick Taylor - and Rambler was wonderful, it was rockin', it was everything it was supposed to be, and then the sodden twat behind me spilled her beer and fell over on me, messing up the whole farking song. Everything after that was pretty predictable. But by this point my ears are so bad that it sounds like Mick has been breathing in helium. Seriously - my ears are trashed, still can't hear a thing.

I did figure out who is posting the videos to YouTube so quickly. It is those nice officers from 52 Division who were working the show - and filming most of it with their I Phones. They were standing right beside me for most of the show - which is why I DIDN'T spark one up like Andrew managed to do.

What are we going to get on June 6th? For the love of all things holy, I hope it's a better set list than this, and that they use Mick Taylor more. I never had much of an opinion about him either way, before seeing him in Newark and here tonight, but he adds so much to these songs. Mick J actually played with him a fair bit during Rambler - I thought that might be a sign that he was gaining favour and might be used more, but alas, only 2 songs. He has a great, laid back presence and incredible chops. I'm definitely a fan.

Holy crap, my ears hurt.

For your ears for the 6th get yourself a pair of these "musician earplugs" : [www.amazon.com]

I got some after being made half deaf at the Trabendo last year, they basically turn the level down without filtering out frequencies like standard earplugs would do. Wish I'd known about them years ago!

Big thanks for the review and same here for Taylor, I'd always enjoyed his work with the Stones and the 1973 boots but I really realized what it meant to have him on board when he pounced on stage at the O2/25th.

HTF could then not ask him to join for SFM ?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 12:35 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 26, 2013 12:36

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 12:42 by kowalski.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:40

Date: May 26, 2013 12:51

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:58

I had hoped LA was a turning point for this tour. That was a great set list.I agree with everything Toronto Girl said about this set list. Glad I waited until the tour progressed before I bought tickets to more shows. Angie, Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom, and One More Shot mixed in with a guest that could be replaced by Mick Taylor doing Love in Vain is enough to convince me this tour is not going to improve. It really sucks to end 40 years of great shows this way but it looks like that is what is going to happen. One more show and done!

Date: May 26, 2013 13:12

Doxa

- Doxa

No Expectations...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 13:15 by rollingon.

Date: May 26, 2013 13:13

kowalski
Nice version of You Can't Always Get What You Want. Particularly Ronnie's guitar solo.

You mean the song or the whole concert? winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 26, 2013 13:16

Back to reality and the same old routine.
Obviously a good show like all Stones gigs,but could have been as good as Staples.
A great historic gig,followed by a good gig.
Never mind, Toronto 2 should be better. winking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 26, 2013 13:40

RoughJusticeOnYa
Green Lady

Good version, just goes on a bit too long, the last 2 minutes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home