Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 13 of 18
Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 26, 2013 17:57

Lol...good one!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:12

Powerage5
Last night was AMAZING! I ended up getting a pair of $85's on eBay yesterday at 1 AM for $300 from a guy who had $85's for himself and another group of friends. His friends were taking forever to get to the venue, so he convinced the people working the $85 table to let us in while he waited for his other couple. He also gave us our pick of which pair of tickets we wanted for putting up with the waiting bullshit (It was 7:30 when we finally went in, don't know how much longer he had to wait), and we got PIT!!! grinning smiley So amazing to think that 24 hours before the gig we didn't even know if we would be going and then we ended up getting on the barrier in the pit on Keith's side!

I took some really great pics which I'll be posting also smiling smiley

CONGRATULATIONS!! Thanks for sharing how that worked.

Posted by: Marcust99 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:14

Here's a couple of videos I shot at the Stones Toronto show last night:

Midnight Rambler:

[youtu.be]

Satisfaction:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:18

Charlie and Mick Taylor giving us Satisfaction in Toronto!

Bjornulf

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:19

Marcust99
Here's a couple of videos I shot at the Stones Toronto show last night:

Midnight Rambler:

[youtu.be]

Satisfaction:

[youtu.be]

Thank you kindly.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:26

gotdablouse

For your ears for the 6th get yourself a pair of these "musician earplugs" : [www.amazon.com]

Thanks - I think I will! Still can't hear a damn thing!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:35

ryanpow
If a show is Mailed in, I guess that's better than being phoned in. Sending something in the mail requires more effort.

excellent point, but i thought keith was partial to faxing? i think at upcoming shows they will mix things up and text it in one night and then maybe tweet it in the next night. best tour ever for sure.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:42

May be American Idol, but country meets Stones works for me...girl's got some pipes thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 18:45 by paulm.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:43

bv
Charlie and Mick Taylor giving us Satisfaction in Toronto!

Great picture Bjornulf....thanks.................

Date: May 26, 2013 18:50

paulm
May be American Idol, but country meets Stones works for me...girl's got some pipes thumbs up

I gotta agree with that... the proof is in the results.

Good for Mick to be doing this, hearing her voice on this song works.

Date: May 26, 2013 18:54

Maybe Mick is toying around with releasing an album (or whatever) of just the guests on various Stones songs. Maybe that is the reason they are picking different songs for each guest.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:57

Powerage5
Last night was AMAZING! I ended up getting a pair of $85's on eBay yesterday at 1 AM for $300 from a guy who had $85's for himself and another group of friends. His friends were taking forever to get to the venue, so he convinced the people working the $85 table to let us in while he waited for his other couple. He also gave us our pick of which pair of tickets we wanted for putting up with the waiting bullshit (It was 7:30 when we finally went in, don't know how much longer he had to wait), and we got PIT!!! grinning smiley So amazing to think that 24 hours before the gig we didn't even know if we would be going and then we ended up getting on the barrier in the pit on Keith's side!

That is a great story. Well done! I can't decide if the seller is a shady bastard or an amenable chap.

Date: May 26, 2013 19:03

DeanGoodman
Powerage5

That is a great story. Well done! I can't decide if the seller is a shady bastard or an amenable chap.

Both winking smiley

It sure was nice of you to pass along that information about how you self upgraded in LA and what sections work for future shows, I quoted it. I probably wont be able to use the info, but for people who do use it, and don't say it... Thanks...

And very cool story about Perla Hudson.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:07

U2Stonesfan
EddieByword
MisterDDDD
Lets play critique the critics..
I'll go first.

This poster is not only NOT a Rolling Stones fan, but I believe is likely working for some competing band conspiring to ruin the hole tour with the constant whining.

Of the 16 posts, I defy anyone to find a praise or even a
non-negative in Debbie Downer's posts...

Compared to Staples.
Forum: Tell Me
***TodayBrstonesfan

2. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
This was mailed in IMO...
***TodayBrstonesfan

3. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Not a very exciting set list except for decent version of SFM which should have had Taylor on it.
***TodayBrstonesfan

4. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
100% correct.
***TodayBrstonesfan

5. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
What a let down.
***TodayBrstonesfan

6. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Uninspiring so far. Get Taylor out ASAP.
***TodayBrstonesfan

7. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
ZZZZZ...without Taylor low energy.
***TodayBrstonesfan

8. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Huge let down from Staples show. Toronto is getting Omha'ed.
***TodayBrstonesfan

9. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
ER a novelty, but boring.
***TodayBrstonesfan

10. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Wasting Taylor again.
***TodayBrstonesfan

11. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Mick T should be brought out for this.
***TodayBrstonesfan

12. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Mediocre set so far.
***TodayBrstonesfan

13. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Without a 3rd guitar it has had a tin sound all tour . Tempo too slow.
***TodayBrstonesfan

14. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
YGMR is a buzz kill.
***TodayBrstonesfan

15. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Pit is never overpacked...been in 5 and only last Newark full.
***TodayBrstonesfan

16. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Another "sell out" with 14k fans and a few empties.

Unbelievable.
I suffered through these posts and similar for the entire show just to see if there was going to be ANY praise for the band he claims to be a fan of... but, sadly, no.

Next time, I'll check a FAN site for reports..

I thought "well I got to hand it to him, he does know all about killing the buzz, so who am I to argue?"

Agree BIG Buzz killthumbs down

If you click on their name, it says they've only been on iorr for a week and have only made 35 posts. I think it's some other member being a wank... OR... it could be another one of Rolling50MightyWatchmen'sJack'o'Lantern's "characters" used to highten the drama of Rolling Stones vs Sons of the Beatles?

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 19:08 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:18

Max'sKansasCity

It sure was nice of you to pass along that information about how you self upgraded in LA and what sections work for future shows, I quoted it. I probably wont be able to use the info, but for people who do use it, and don't say it... Thanks...

And very cool story about Perla Hudson.

Thanks! My annoying control-freak element exposed there. Slash DM'ed me. "My wife wanted a pic of u w/that shirt. I guess she got it! Great show last night!"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:22

Max'sKansasCity
paulm

I think it works too. Kind of reminds me of the duets mick has done with Tina Turner actually.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:24

Quite objective review.

From time to time. I want all of you delusional Boomers living on that planet where you come out of every single Rolling Stones gig declaring “They’ve still got it! That was better than ever!” to repeat that with me: from time to time. Because it’s not all great anymore.

I’m glad I got to see the Rolling Stones one last time. I want them to go out with the dignity they’ve got, and I think they do, too.

svt22
[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:27

Powerage5

Thanks so much for sharing that great story.

Thanks BV for the great photo of MT and Charlie. Could have been a rehearsals pic.
MT looks so relaxed and a happy Charlie. winking smiley

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:28

Jesus, That IORR version was crap from start to finish. The Keith solo was horrible as hell!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:28

GRNRBITW
ryanpow
If a show is Mailed in, I guess that's better than being phoned in. Sending something in the mail requires more effort.

excellent point, but i thought keith was partial to faxing? i think at upcoming shows they will mix things up and text it in one night and then maybe tweet it in the next night. best tour ever for sure.

Faxing is so 90's. But Keith claims not to own an i-pod so at least he's consistent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 19:34 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:45

I think everybody gripes way too much, listen to groove. It's the Stones.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:50

DeanGoodman
Powerage5

He was a good guy. He'd promised to refund $100 on the spot if we got upper bowl seats. Lucky for both of us, he didn't have to do that smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:04

ryanpow

I believe Keith likes to fax it in.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:04

ryanpow
Max'sKansasCity
paulm

I think it works too. Kind of reminds me of the duets mick has done with Tina Turner actually.

I think it worked out but I'm guessing from her reactions that she's heard the song maybe once before...maybe...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:06

Wasn't Carrie (who the @#$%& is she anyway?) some kind of horror movie, way back.
She would perfectly fit.
She can't sing, she can't dance and she can't perform.
When will they stop bringing these shitty guest stars on stage?
They're ruining every song.

Date: May 26, 2013 20:10

ryanpow
Max'sKansasCity
paulm

Cool idea... maybe Tina will come out and duet with Mick if they travel to Europe.

BTW-
There is no one who despises AI (and its spinoffs) more than me. I have never watched more than 2 minutes of that stupid show, in total, ever.

I hate the concept/claim that 4 (bought and paid for) judges are worthy to judge what is a hit and what is not, and I think it has hurt music since it has been on the air. I think it might push up and comers want to fit the mold, versus doing what they do.... and I would bet that Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell, had they had to get the thumbs up from those judges, would not have... which is sad... but anyway...

With that said... all I can do is watch what Carrie did... and it seems to work pretty well, AI alum or not.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:26

slew
Pretty objective review from the Star.

Yeah that sounds about right. There's plenty to be critical of, but it was a fun night nonetheless.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:29

Max'sKansasCity
Powerage5

CONGRATULATIONS!! Thanks for sharing how that worked.
Sounds like the right people are getting tickets!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:33

Max'sKansasCity
Maybe Mick is toying around with releasing an album (or whatever) of just the guests on various Stones songs. Maybe that is the reason they are picking different songs for each guest.

Don't even joke like that...

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:33

I agree, Carrie Underwood worked out pretty good. She looks kind of lost, but her voice is great.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 13 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home