Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
IORR Posters who went to one or more of the first shows?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 24, 2013 00:41

How Many of You IORR Posters bought Tickets to 1 or more of the first 7shows of the current tour?

Thought you might be interested that quite a few of my friends (ages 13-65) saw one or more of the first 7 shows of the 2013 tour. I have been deluged with photos and stories about their thoughts on the concerts. "I hate Staples but it was the Stones!" several of them told me. Most of them had never seen Mick T with the band and they seemed very excited especially those who saw the band at the second Staples show. Several of them saw the first Staples show and then decided to go to Anaheim as well

Most of them didn't really seem to care about the "guests". Eight of them had never seen the Stones. 23 of them had seen the stones before, from one to 37 times.

When I mentioned IORR and Shidoobee none of them knew what I was talking about. So I explained. Mainly these are working people who don't spend a lot of time on the Internet.

I wonder how many IORR posters bought tix ONLY because they post here and decided to spend the dough?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 03:32 by bv.

Re: HOW MANY OF YOU IORR POSTERS BOUGHT TIX TO FIRST 7 SHOWS?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 24, 2013 00:45

... are you asking how many of us went to all seven of the first seven shows?

Date: May 24, 2013 00:57

I guess we bought tix because we are fans...

But it was great fun meeting up with fellow IORRians in London - what was the quedtion again? smiling smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:49

It's the Rolling Stones!!! I bought tickets for shows #2 and #3 because that's when they played by my home....what number show it was in the tour was not relevant to my decision.

That being said.....I booked myself for Hyde Park today. A trek from San Francisco, but it's the Stones in Hyde Park. I wouldn't miss it for the world! Plus it will be nice to be back in London again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 01:50 by Woz.

Re: HOW MANY OF YOU IORR POSTERS BOUGHT TIX TO ONE OR MORE OF FIRST 7 SHOWS?
Date: May 24, 2013 02:14

withssoul, thanks for asking that. I've clarified topic and my post.
ie: HOW MANY IORR POSTERS BOUGHT TIX TO ONE OR MORE OF THE FIRST 7 SHOWS.?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:18

stonesrule
Thought you might be interested that quite a few of my friends (ages 13-65) saw one or more of the first 7 shows of the 2013 tour. I have been deluged with photos and stories about their thoughts on the concerts. "I hate Staples but it was the Stones!" several of them told me. Most of them had never seen Mick T with the band and they seemed very excited especially those who saw the band at the second Staples show. Several of them saw the first Staples show and then decided to go to Anaheim as well

Most of them didn't really seem to care about the "guests". Eight of them had never seen the Stones. 23 of them had seen the stones before, from one to 37 times.

When I mentioned IORR and Shidoobee none of them knew what I was talking about. So I explained. Mainly these are working people who don't spend a lot of time on the Internet.

I wonder how many IORR posters bought tix ONLY because they post here and decided to spend the dough?

how did you get all these friends? you buy them or something?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:19

GRNRBITW
stonesrule

I admit, I receive a stipend...

Date: May 24, 2013 02:25

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
stonesrule

I admit, I receive a stipend...

i suspected as much. nobody has this many friends who goes to see the stones without some kinda monetary compensation. it's unheard of....

Date: May 24, 2013 03:05

You are joking, aren't you?

I grew up in Los Angeles and have a lot of friends and neighbors (with children and a few grandchildren) who love music. That's not unusual here. When I got rid of my extremely large vinyl collection I was very popular in the neighborhood.

LA has always been a "Stones town."

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:13

I saw both Anaheim shows, and am glad I saw both. Some will roll their eyes, but—first night only—I was thriiiiilled to hear/see Emotional Rescue live (they'd never done that hit single live before, so why would they start now?). I liked John Mayer and Dave Grohl a lot more than I expected. I was annoyed with the idea of guests, thinking they should give that time to MT, but actually I was happy with the two songs with MT in both shows. I didn't really need more. Those shows confirmed I'm a Woodite, because I was a lot more excited when Woody approached and passed me than when MT did, but I was definitely thrilled to see MT, too. I liked the second night with MT better because the first night he was hammy, stalking—as someone here described it—the other Stones on stage. It was a little nerdy ("nerd" and "Stones" should never be in the same sentence). The second night he didn't ham it up like that, which I preferred. And also on the second night Mick was right near me when he did the So Cal accent from the SNL running skit THE CALIFORNIANS, and I was laughing my butt off. And then—back to the first night—Mick pushed Charlie toward the edge of the stage and said, "It's taken 50 years to get Charlie this far forward on the stage," and he may not have been altogether joking, so that was perhaps an historical moment of sorts!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:07

Stonesrule, could you please explain your question:
"HOW MANY IORR POSTERS BOUGHT TIX TO ONE OR MORE OF THE FIRST 7 SHOWS.?"

Wouldn't you expect that most of us have? We are fans of the RS, yes? How does this relate to your first post about people at shows who are not on the internet?

In some interviews I've done, I've asked people if they bought more tickets, to more shows (or not) after participating in the fan boards....Is that what you meant? Sorry for my confusion.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 04:08 by angee.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:19

1, 6 & 7, the history making show!

Date: May 24, 2013 04:51

Angee, I was simply wondering how many IORR residents of California, West Coast etc. actually bought tickets to see the Stones in Los Angeles, Oakland, San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 09:22 by stonesrule.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:56

I bought a ticket and went to Oakland, so did my sister and my husband.
Love The Rolling Stones, had a blast!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2013 05:16

BluzDude
1, 6 & 7, the history making show!

4,5,6, & LUCKY #7! thumbs up

Bought $85's for all shows, and was given nosebleeds for all of them (GRRR).
BUT...for shows 4 and 5 I was able to self-upgrade to floor, and for shows 6 and 7 bought $150's during ticket drops as a plan B in case of $85 nosebleeds again (GRRR).
For show 6 I had $150 floor seat (originally $600) and LUCKY 7 lower level (originally $450) and they indeed came in handy.
Show #7 was by far the best for many reasons.

Thanks Mick Taylor and thanks Rolling Stones, maybe I'll see you again someday.... smileys with beer

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 24, 2013 05:35

stonesrule

Oooooh snap!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 07:08

I am a nonworking working person, hoping for a second leg. Attended five of the last six shows that were near me......I'm on here because I dig my Stones and CAN'T attend multiple shows in a tour.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 24, 2013 08:51

DandelionPowderman
But it was great fun meeting up with fellow IORRians in London - what was the question again? smiling smiley

+1

I'm glad the first post's been clarified (even if the thread name's still all caps for some reason! tongue sticking out smiley)
but I'm baffled by the "I wonder how many IORR posters bought tix ONLY because they post here and decided to spend the dough?" bit
I joined IORR because I love the Rolling Stones and want to go to shows, not the other way around.

But for the record, a lot of my friends have also attended and/or will be attending shows in 2012/2013.
and while I highly doubt anyone is interested to know that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out, I do know which part of that statement is surprising :E

Date: May 24, 2013 08:56

I don't have many friends BECAUSE of the Stones

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:06

Newark 1, Newark 2, Oakland, Anaheim, LA

Date: May 24, 2013 09:11

clance65
Newark 1, Newark 2, Oakland, Anaheim, LA

Airplane tix put Stones prices in perspective?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:13

I bought tix for LA1, Oakland, Boston 2 and Hyde Park 2. Still the greatest show on Earth. I saw Paul McCartney tonight (in Austin, TX, of all places), and it was great, but it really doesn't compare to the Stones, especially with Mick Taylor.

Date: May 24, 2013 09:17

Sir Paul, the winsome one. Have you seen/heard that song he did with D Grohl on Sound City.........hot

Re: The Rolling Stones
Date: May 24, 2013 09:31

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman
But it was great fun meeting up with fellow IORRians in London - what was the question again? smiling smiley

+1

I'm glad the first post's been clarified (even if the thread name's still all caps for some reason! tongue sticking out smiley)
but I'm baffled by the "I wonder how many IORR posters bought tix ONLY because they post here and decided to spend the dough?" bit
I joined IORR because I love the Rolling Stones and want to go to shows, not the other way around.

But for the record, a lot of my friends have also attended and/or will be attending shows in 2012/2013.
and while I highly doubt anyone is interested to know that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out, I do know which part of that statement is surprising :E

I think it's being reduced to "how many IORR residents of California, West Coast etc." - for some reason...

Re: How Many of You IORR Posters bought Tickets to 1 or more of the first 7shows of the current tour?
Posted by: HalloweenJack ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:34

ECHOPLEX-Anaheim#2-staples#2

Re: How Many of You IORR Posters bought Tickets to 1 or more of the first 7shows of the current tour?
Date: May 24, 2013 09:36

HalloweenJack
ECHOPLEX-Anaheim#2-staples#2

Lucky you! thumbs up

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:36

There are people who don't spend much time on the Internet? Where, Borneo?

Date: May 24, 2013 16:48

Thrylan

keep at it and you too may be able to attain the status of having none like myself...i don't generally like to boast, so sorry for the outburst here...

Date: May 24, 2013 18:29

GRNRBITW
Thrylan

keep at it and you too may be able to attain the status of having none like myself...i don't generally like to boast, so sorry for the outburst here...

Makes it easier to piss on the fire and whistle for the dog.

Date: May 24, 2013 18:31

Thrylan
GRNRBITW
Thrylan

Makes it easier to piss on the fire and whistle for the dog.

they say dog is man's best friend...yeah, right....

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home