Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: How Many of You IORR Posters bought Tickets to 1 or more of the first 7shows of the current tour?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 24, 2013 18:33

First two shows at the 02 in November. Hopefully just got a ticket for Glastonbury and aiming to see both Hyde Park (hometown) shows.

Re: HOW MANY OF YOU IORR POSTERS BOUGHT TIX TO ONE OR MORE OF FIRST 7 SHOWS?
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 18:54

GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW
Thrylan
I don't have many friends BECAUSE of the Stones

keep at it and you too may be able to attain the status of having none like myself...i don't generally like to boast, so sorry for the outburst here...

Makes it easier to piss on the fire and whistle for the dog.

they say dog is man's best friend...yeah, right....

Much easier to fake loyalty, than to forage for food.....

Re: How Many of You IORR Posters bought Tickets to 1 or more of the first 7shows of the current tour?
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 24, 2013 19:42

and so it goes...another thread is hijacked by the three gay guys who seem to be on meth and cant stop wandering off topic to flirt with each other and make bad jokes.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 24, 2013 19:53

Thrylan
Sir Paul, the winsome one. Have you seen/heard that song he did with D Grohl on Sound City.........hot

Well, the show I saw at Austin wasn't exactly "hot" with the addition to the setlist of deep tracks like "Your Mother Should Know", "Another Day", "Obladi Oblada" "Listen to What the Man Said", "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite", "All Together Now", and "Lovely Rita", I would say it was a warmly familar show - like seeing a dear friend after many years. It's a wonderful show, but it doesn't smoke lke the Stones.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 24, 2013 20:12

drbryant
Thrylan
Sir Paul, the winsome one. Have you seen/heard that song he did with D Grohl on Sound City.........hot

Well, the show I saw at Austin wasn't exactly "hot" with the addition to the setlist of deep tracks like "Your Mother Should Know", "Another Day", "Obladi Oblada" "Listen to What the Man Said", "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite", "All Together Now", and "Lovely Rita", I would say it was a warmly familar show - like seeing a dear friend after many years. It's a wonderful show, but it doesn't smoke lke the Stones.

Thats cool dr, didn't know you were around here...did you go to both nights?

Date: May 24, 2013 20:18

Munichhilton
drbryant
Thrylan

Thats cool dr, didn't know you were around here...did you go to both nights?

I hear he is solid and plays a long show. Never was a Paul guy, more of a Lennon...... Cant recall the name of the Grohl/ Sound City song, but it might, MIGHT be my favorite Paul track ever. His vocal at times is Lennonesque and he plays slide on it.....mean sounding, definately worth a youtube view.

Date: May 24, 2013 20:26

lem motlow
and so it goes...another thread is hijacked by the three gay guys who seem to be on meth and cant stop wandering off topic to flirt with each other and make bad jokes.

I will try to be serious at all times, it will be such fun. We can beat all the topics to death in a day or two and close up the forum.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:00

Okay, this is the question then:
"Angee, I was simply wondering how many IORR residents of California, West Coast etc. actually bought tickets to see the Stones in Los Angeles, Oakland, San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim etc."

No one outside of CA/West Coast need bother answering then.

I was at Las Vegas but not from the area. I still don't get it. Can someone explain what
I'm missing here in the topic and question? Is it implied that most people posting or reading on Shidoobee and IORR
don't go to the shows? ::scratching head:: Where is that coming from, if that's the right implication?

Sorry, again.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:50

Don't be sorry Angee...I was so impressed with what friends, neighbors, chums in the music business had to say about the shows and quite surprised that none of them were on a Stones fan website. In thinking it over, I realize that most of them have a lot going on in their daily lives, be it school, college or exhausting business schedules that don't allow for Internet fun time.

I loved reading the comments re the May 20th show but it didn't seem like many IORR people were actually there. This prompted my thread. I assumed that many IORRers flew or drove in for these shows but it appears that I am incorrect.

Was impressed that you flew into Las Vegas! Where do you think you may be able to see them again on the tour?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:05

stonesrule
Don't be sorry Angee...I was so impressed with what friends, neighbors, chums in the music business had to say about the shows and quite surprised that none of them were on a Stones fan website. In thinking it over, I realize that most of them have a lot going on in their daily lives, be it school, college or exhausting business schedules that don't allow for Internet fun time.

I loved reading the comments re the May 20th show but it didn't seem like many IORR people were actually there. This prompted my thread. I assumed that many IORRers flew or drove in for these shows but it appears that I am incorrect.

Was impressed that you flew into Las Vegas! Where do you think you may be able to see them again on the tour?

do you mind if my two gay friends and i hijack this thread for awhile so we can flirt with one another and make some bad jokes? the other threads are being very territorial....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:16

GRNRBITW
stonesrule

do you mind if my two gay friends and i hijack this thread for awhile so we can flirt with one another and make some bad jokes? the other threads are being very territorial....

OK GRNRBITW, we've had our differences, but I defend your right to piss...er I mean post anywhere.

Date: May 24, 2013 22:24

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
stonesrule

OK GRNRBITW, we've had our differences, but I defend your right to piss...er I mean post anywhere.

are you sr's spokesperson today? i'd prefer direct access to her highness....

Date: May 24, 2013 22:28

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
stonesrule

I would never presume to speak for stonesrule, but I suspect she is busy right now getting her nails done.

Date: May 24, 2013 22:30

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
stonesrule

I would never presume to speak for stonesrule, but I suspect she is busy right now getting her nails done.

me too...funny coincidence.

Date: May 25, 2013 00:05

I wouldn't limit the question to an area, it seems many IORR folk travel and do multiple shows. I hope there are more shows in the fall, and do truly look forward to meeting some of these folks. It stinks if they made a bad impression in Cali, but nonetheless, I will form my opinion based on the broadest sampling possible. Concerning joking, well when someone replies in a smart, joking or negative way, I would rather be jovial than up tight.....kinda ROLL with it. Charlie has been rolling with it for 50 years.....thank god. winking smiley

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 25, 2013 00:14

I live in Los Angeles and bought tickets for all 5 LA area shows ( Echoplex, both Staples, both Anaheim), plus Newark night 2 last December.

I attempted to buy tickets for Las Vegas and was completing my order for $85 tickets when my internet crashed. I kept checking for released $85 tickets but never saw them and didn't attend that show.

After seeing these 6 shows, I still am excited to see more, especially after the excitement of the final LA show and from meeting band members over the past 6 weeks. I really hope there is a fall leg of the US as I am ready for more shows.

Date: May 25, 2013 00:33

Halup
I live in Los Angeles and bought tickets for all 5 LA area shows ( Echoplex, both Staples, both Anaheim), plus Newark night 2 last December.

I attempted to buy tickets for Las Vegas and was completing my order for $85 tickets when my internet crashed. I kept checking for released $85 tickets but never saw them and didn't attend that show.

After seeing these 6 shows, I still am excited to see more, especially after the excitement of the final LA show and from meeting band members over the past 6 weeks. I really hope there is a fall leg of the US as I am ready for more shows.

You're not trying to make anybody here feel like an underachiever are you?
You're not, right?

Date: May 25, 2013 00:36

That's what I like to hear Halup! Didn't realize so few LA people are posting here. Thank God for BluzDude.

Drag about the $85 snafu, though.

Yes, here's to MORE STONES.

I would have replied earlier but I went out into the madhouse traffic to get my nails done. I'm exhausted!

Date: May 25, 2013 00:55

stonesrule
I would have replied earlier but I went out into the madhouse traffic to get my nails done. I'm exhausted!

you shoulda just had them done at the nail salon like me.

Date: May 25, 2013 00:57

But still

He's not trying to make us feel like underachievers right?
He's not right?

Date: May 25, 2013 00:59

Munichhilton
But still

He's not trying to make us feel like underachievers right?
He's not right?

no. one can brag and boast and namedrop and have no ill intent at all. it's rare, but it happens.

Date: May 25, 2013 01:10

I find this conversation confusing. Are you referring to Max'sKansasCity?

Date: May 25, 2013 01:20

Munichhilton
Halup

I'm just very happy at having the good fortune of having the Stones rehearse in the city I live in and then play a lot of shows here. I just made it a point to take full advantage of it and I wouldn't have been able to afford it all without getting the $85 tickets for each show. I spent a lot of time, not as much as Dan, outside the rehearsals and just took advantage of all I could.

You're not trying to make anybody here feel like an underachiever are you?
You're not, right?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:21

ROCKMAN

Date: May 25, 2013 01:26

This thread is a mess...

Date: May 25, 2013 01:26

Well still, you coulda left out Echoplex as if you'd tried but it didn't work out and stuff...

Date: May 25, 2013 01:34

stonesrule
That's what I like to hear Halup! Didn't realize so few LA people are posting here. Thank God for BluzDude.

I'm ready for more and am hoping they make it back to the Western US. If Monday's show was the last time I see the Stones in concert, it was a great way to end it, but I hope there will be more chances.

Dan and Justin are both LA posters. I saw Dan at the rehearsals each day and Justin there that first week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 01:36 by Halup.

Date: May 25, 2013 01:35

stonesrule
I find this conversation confusing. Are you referring to Max'sKansasCity?

we reserve the right to refer to anyone...

Date: May 25, 2013 01:38

How Many of You IORR Posters bought Tickets to 1 or more of the first 7shows of the current tour?

Rockman

But, I thought there was only one Rockman...

Date: May 25, 2013 01:39

Halup
stonesrule

I'm ready for more and am hoping they make it back to the Western US. If Monday's show was the last time I see the Stones in concert, it was a great way to end it, but I hope there will be more chances.

Dan and Justin are both LA posters. I saw Dan at the rehearsals each day and Justin there that first week.

Justin took some awesome pics on the May 20 show, as well as recording the CYHMK and Sway videos thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home