Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Mick & Keith's Relationship....Such a shame..
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:45

bull,they love each other.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:03

Delta
When did Mick and Keith EVER interact with each other. There was always a distance between them. That is how bands are. I mean look at the Everlys and the Gallaghers, they are brothers and they can't get along with each other. Chill.

they lived in the same apartment when they started out, and went on vacations together throughout the 60s.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:06

backstreetboy1

That is incredibly insightful...I yield the rest of my time to you...in the interest of fairness.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:10

Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

That is incredibly insightful...I yield the rest of my time to you...in the interest of fairness.

A true gentleman you are... and fair.

Date: May 18, 2013 03:14

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

I completely agree with you...and me. I agree with both of us...

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:16

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

I think you two love each other

Date: May 18, 2013 03:16

mgshorr
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

Do a search

Date: May 18, 2013 03:23

Munichhilton
mgshorr
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

Do a search

Yeah, I dont love anybody... except the lovely ladies of IORR. They are the BEST!

Oh and I love me some beer.... and I love The Stones.. but that is about it... except for

Posted by: qz093n ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:30

Grumpy Old Men

Date: May 18, 2013 03:31

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
mgshorr
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

Do a search

Yeah, I dont love anybody... except the lovely ladies of IORR. They are the BEST!

Oh and I love me some beer.... and I love The Stones.. but that is about it... except for

I guess its time to have another row...you wanna start?

Date: May 18, 2013 03:33

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
mgshorr
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
backstreetboy1

Do a search

I guess its time to have another row...you wanna start?
READY SET GO!!! RRRAAARRRR!!!!

Date: May 18, 2013 03:34

Oh wait, hold on, let me finish this beer.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:38

What we dont know wont hurt us.
Just remember........its all this "bickering" and "drama" that has kept them in the headlines and in turn lined their pockets with millions.
Let us not over react to this and be glad there are more concerts to go to!

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:23

They are just a couple of pathetic 70 years old men,who can't stand each other,and only money brings them together a couple of hours,every 3 or 4 days..That's It...

Date: May 18, 2013 05:03

TMONTANA
They are just a couple of pathetic 70 years old men,who can't stand each other,and only money brings them together a couple of hours,every 3 or 4 days..That's It...

what do you find pathetic about them?

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 18, 2013 05:12

Christopher
What we dont know wont hurt us.
Just remember........its all this "bickering" and "drama" that has kept them in the headlines and in turn lined their pockets with millions.
Let us not over react to this and be glad there are more concerts to go to!

Interesting angle.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 18, 2013 09:00

sonomastone
Delta
When did Mick and Keith EVER interact with each other. There was always a distance between them. That is how bands are. I mean look at the Everlys and the Gallaghers, they are brothers and they can't get along with each other. Chill.

they lived in the same apartment when they started out, and went on vacations together throughout the 60s.

I think Mick went back to Mum's on a regular basis to get fed and his washing done.

I don't think he was fully engaged on the slum project.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 18, 2013 10:57

GRNRBITW
rollingon
The money must be a secondary question at this point. I can't believe the money is the key factor here.

wrong-o. the proof would be the answer to this: if the stones were guaranteed, say, 1/10th of what they are getting on this tour (meaning ticket prices would be in the $50-75 range), do you honestly believe they'd bother?

answer: no way.

money is the primary motivating factor. i will no accept any dissent on this point.

It just doesn't make sense to me that money would be the key factor to them, they are nearly 70 years old and they already are very rich (at least Jagger and Richards). It seems psykologically odd that money would be so important to them... If I were in their position I really wouldn't bother tour just for money no matter how much money I would be offered.

Of course they will take the best deal they can get if they decide to go on a tour, I'm not saying that money wouldn't matter to them at all. Jagger seems to be economically ambitious and it goes against his nature to make an economically bad deal but on the other hand he has said that he always keeps on dreaming about performing when he is not on tour. And Keith has said that if you really want to keep the band existing at all, the band must tour.

About those ticket prizes: Jagger has been previously angry about the fact that scalpers have made big profits on Stones tickets, so he has said that it is more fair that the artist who performs will get the money. I must admit that 450 - 600 dollars for seats that are not necessarily even the very best seats in the house is not fair to fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 11:06 by rollingon.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 18, 2013 12:02

rollingon
It just doesn't make sense to me that money would be the key factor to them, they are nearly 70 years old and they already are very rich (at least Jagger and Richards). It seems psykologically odd that money would be so important to them...

Have you seen the cost of cryogenic chambers these days?

Date: May 18, 2013 14:32

rollingon
GRNRBITW
rollingon
The money must be a secondary question at this point. I can't believe the money is the key factor here.

wrong-o. the proof would be the answer to this: if the stones were guaranteed, say, 1/10th of what they are getting on this tour (meaning ticket prices would be in the $50-75 range), do you honestly believe they'd bother?

money is the primary motivating factor. i will no accept any dissent on this point.

It just doesn't make sense to me that money would be the key factor to them, they are nearly 70 years old and they already are very rich (at least Jagger and Richards). It seems psykologically odd that money would be so important to them... If I were in their position I really wouldn't bother tour just for money no matter how much money I would be offered.

Of course they will take the best deal they can get if they decide to go on a tour, I'm not saying that money wouldn't matter to them at all. Jagger seems to be economically ambitious and it goes against his nature to make an economically bad deal but on the other hand he has said that he always keeps on dreaming about performing when he is not on tour. And Keith has said that if you really want to keep the band existing at all, the band must tour.

About those ticket prizes: Jagger has been previously angry about the fact that scalpers have made big profits on Stones tickets, so he has said that it is more fair that the artist who performs will get the money. I must admit that 450 - 600 dollars for seats that are not necessarily even the very best seats in the house is not fair to fans.

The scalper problem has been around for 45 years. For mick to announce that after 45 years of studying the problem he has now discovered a solution - charge $1500 to stand at his feet and $400 to stand within a quarter mile of him - is spin.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 18, 2013 14:44

Another motivation, IMO more important than money, don't give the way to another band-artist. Always be under the limelight : records, compilations, tour, controversy between Keith and Mick...

In summary, always be in in the spotlight (newspapers, mags, TV), never to be forgotten. Not be the in center of the stuff is unbearable for Mick and Keith. Always funny to compare with ACDC for example. The Young brothers completely disappear between two Tours.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 15:08 by roby.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 18, 2013 15:08

I think the "hatred" between Mick and Keith is the eternal Stones marketing trick... There are dissimilarities and disagreetments, of course. But "hate"?? In this case i suppose they wouldn't tour together, since... really, since when? It would be very racking and soul- destroying. Some additional money? There are other ways. Movies, books, etc. Hard to believe that the Stones, after 50 years of career, are torturing themselve, doing somethng they don't really want. No reason for that.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 18, 2013 16:37

GRNRBITW
rollingon

Sorry, I am dissenting here. I don't buy that. Mick has more than enough money for his babies. I still think it's the music. They love the music. When they play with very good musicians like Buddy Guy or people like that- you can see the joy in their faces. To be an artist is everything. It transcends money.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 18, 2013 16:43

sonomastone
Delta

Yes, and I also agree with Keith, in his book, where he talked about Mick being jealous of Keith's other male friends.

Charlie says that Mick and Keith are like brothers, always fighting and always getting on. It's a paradox.

So no, I am sure what we see onstage is not their whole real relationship.

As fans we have a wealth of video, interviews and DVDs and we can see miles of footage of them and have seen them interact over these many years.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 18, 2013 17:50

WindyHorses
GRNRBITW
rollingon

Sorry, I am dissenting here. I don't buy that. Mick has more than enough money for his babies. I still think it's the music. They love the music. When they play with very good musicians like Buddy Guy or people like that- you can see the joy in their faces. To be an artist is everything. It transcends money.

well, i gave it my best shot. i'll move onto the next customer and hope for better results.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 18, 2013 17:57

How can people who have never met these guys comment on their relationship? I've had many of the same friends since first grade + if you heard us speak to each other you would think we hate each other, but the exact opposite is true.

Date: May 18, 2013 18:14

James Kirk
How can people who have never met these guys comment on their relationship?

very easy. just start typing and there's no telling what might come out...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:20

How many people here have actually met and hung out with Mick and Keith long enough to actually decipher the nature of their relationship or are your conclusions based on their on stage demeanor? If it's the latter, you are talking out of your ass.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:23

WindyHorses
GRNRBITW

All rich men like keeping score and like the stated and unstated bragging rights your increasing millions bring. Billionaires keep score. Men who own ten private jets keep score against the men who only own eight.

Mick Jagger walks into a room and people whisper -- "There he goes and have you heard he is worth $320 million after racking up $10 million more in his 2013 tour?" Then the one armed drummer for Def Leppard (worth $50 mil) walks in and is ignored

Date: May 18, 2013 18:25

GumbootCloggeroo
How many people here have actually met and hung out with Mick and Keith long enough to actually decipher the nature of their relationship or are your conclusions based on their on stage demeanor? If it's the latter, you are talking out of your ass.

can't speak for community at large, but my conclusions are based on scientific evidence as published in well-respected medical journals. but, i realize that there are those that dispute these conclusions, and i'm fine with that.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home