Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor playing lead all the time...
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:47

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
Taylor plays fine on Torn And Frayed in Vancouver 72, btw.

Reminds me, DP, didn't they also play Ventilator and Black Angel in Vancouver? I don't have the boot.

Good heavens, Tele! Well, here you go again:

Ventilator Blues

Sweet BA and Loving Cup:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 23:09 by kleermaker.

Date: May 16, 2013 21:49

71Tele
DandelionPowderman

Reminds me, DP, didn't they also play Ventilator and Black Angel in Vancouver? I don't have the boot.

Ventilator and Loving Cup. Angel was in Forth Worth.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:02

kleermaker

Objection your Honour! Three famous Taylorians here - pmk251, VT22 and myself - are stubborn Brian-era lovers. So are many other Taylorians.

VT22 has been banned from this site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 23:08 by svt22.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:05

svt22
kleermaker

Objection your Honour! Three famous Taylorians here - pmk251, VT22 and myself - are stubborn Brian-era lovers. So are many other Taylorians.

What for? confused smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:06

kleermaker
71Tele
DandelionPowderman

Good heavens, Tele! Well, here you go again:

Ventilator Blues

Sweet BA:

These are great thanks for posting!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:08

svt22
kleermaker

Count me as a Brian-era lover as well.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:10

His Majesty
svt22
kleermaker

For being Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

Date: May 16, 2013 23:10

71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

I will, but are you a Taylorian as well? I .. doubt it.

Date: May 16, 2013 23:13

Mathijs
His Majesty
svt22
kleermaker

For being Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

He was not banned, he asked BV to remove his Amsterdamned account cause he got very nasty private messages from anonymous posters here. Facts are facts.
VT22 was banned cause people didn't like some of his recent post but they didn't have the guts to reply directly to him on this board. A bit sneaky imo. Ive seen worse posts unpunished.

Date: May 16, 2013 23:27

svt22
Mathijs
His Majesty
svt22
kleermaker

For being Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

He was not banned, he asked BV to remove his Amsterdamned account cause he got very nasty private messages from anonymous posters here. Facts are facts.
VT22 was banned cause people didn't like some of his recent post but they didn't have the guts to reply directly to him on this board. A bit sneaky imo. Ive seen worse posts unpunished.

I always loved the nick Amsterdamned. Great find. Fine poster as well.

Date: May 16, 2013 23:30

kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

In a round about way the two are kind of at odds with each other.

For any Taylorite there has to be an element of gladness that Brian destroyed himself because the Taylor era would not have happened otherwise.

Date: May 16, 2013 23:41

His Majesty
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

For any Taylorite there has to be an element of gladness that Brian destroyed himself because the Taylor era would not have happened otherwise.

That would be pathetic. Besides, I remember reading somewere that Jones stated he didn't agree with the musical direction of the Stones anymore. Maybe he would have left anyway.

Date: May 16, 2013 23:47

Well some people have indeed expressed pretty much that sentiment, some even wishing he had been kickedbout earlier. Whether he might have left anyway doesn't change that it was really his messed up condition that prompted him being asked to leave.

But, again, would Taylorites prefer that Brian had sorted himself out and remained in the band he kick started?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:47

svt22
His Majesty
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

That would be pathetic. Besides, I remember reading somewere that Jones stated he didn't agree with the musical direction of the Stones anymore. Maybe he would have left anyway.

Yes it would be pathetic. At the most basic level I see Brian and mt as serving a similar role - pushing the songwriters to be inventive, layering creative arrangements on top of the songs, and further grounding the band in its blues roots. Without Brian there would have been nothing of consequence for MT to have joined in 69.

However there is a small group of Taylor extremists who take some pretty surprising positions, so who knows....

Date: May 17, 2013 00:11

kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

You doubt my Taylorite credentials, Kleermaker? confused smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:20

svt22
Mathijs
His Majesty
svt22
kleermaker

For being Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

Why did he ask to be removed if he just could hide his email address? I have recieved some terible emails until I blocked my email address....

And why is VT22 now again banned since 4 days? I don't see any offensive or objective postings at all, only ones I don't agree with!

Anyway, VT22 now is back again as svt22 -probably the only poster here to get banned two times!

Mathijs

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:27

PhillyFAN
I don't often comment on IORR. I have seen the Stones live since 1969 in Philly - both with Taylor and Wood. Ron Wood is an excellent guitarist. I have seen the Faces live as well. Wood has to play what Jagger and Richards composed, and he does not get the chance to write. In the Faces Wood was his own man and played some really blazing and gritty guitar. He had to replicate Taylor's solo parts in the Stones, which is nearly impossible to do. Taylor is also brilliant and amazing but created the stunning solo's that Wood has to play. We never really talk about the horrors of heroin addiction that both Richards and Taylor endured. Taylor left probably because of it - among other reasons. Injection drug use is a nightmare not to mention blood born disease transmission such as Hepatitis C and HIV. Keith has admitted to having Hepatitis C. It literally attacks the liver. Thankfully there are treatments now, But as we compare and argue periods of who played what better and why, let's consider that people addicted to heroin are not thinking about much else other than getting the next fix so they don't become sick. No one makes rational choices and decisions under the influence and control of heroin. I am happy they are both alive, clean and standing on the same stage playing together.
Philly, This sums it up perfectly. There is nothing glamorous in it, just sadness and desperation. Youngsters take note, Philly you are very wise.

Date: May 17, 2013 00:40

Mathijs

And why is VT22 now again banned since 4 days? I don't see any offensive or objective postings at all, only ones I don't agree with!

Anyway, VT22 now is back again as svt22 -probably the only poster here to get banned two times!

Mathijs

You have been one of the best catalysts so far, amongst a (very) few others.
Besides, I think there are people keeping up some double standards here.cool smiley

Let me get back to the topic again:

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:46

svt22
Mathijs

Mathijs

You have been one of the best catalysts so far, amongst a (very) few others.
Besides, I think there are people keeping up some double standards here.cool smiley

Let me get back to the topic again:

You can get private messages from people on IORR?
How?

Date: May 17, 2013 01:05

His Majesty
Well some people have indeed expressed pretty much that sentiment, some even wishing he had been kickedbout earlier. Whether he might have left anyway doesn't change that it was really his messed up condition that prompted him being asked to leave.

But, again, would Taylorites prefer that Brian had sorted himself out and remained in the band he kick started?

Of course we would have loved it if Brian would have been able to get himself together and remain in the band, adding great contributions. It's nothing more than natural. I for one would never have thought of Taylor to become a Stone until he was a Stone. Something I discovered listening to YaYa's and finding myself with my head in the speaker where Taylor's guitar playing came from.

Date: May 17, 2013 01:10

71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

You're too much into Some Girls, which is extremely suspicious and a contra-indication for being a Taylorian.

Date: May 17, 2013 01:19

His Majesty

We cannot undo history.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:21

kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

You're too much into Some Girls, which is extremely suspicious and a contra-indication for being a Taylorian.

Hang on, which girls is he into?

Date: May 17, 2013 01:26

Mathijs
svt22
Mathijs
His Majesty
svt22
kleermaker

For being Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

Why did he ask to be removed if he just could hide his email address? I have recieved some terible emails until I blocked my email address....

Mathijs

Nope

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:29

His Majesty

I think we wish that LOTS of folks had sorted themselves out: Brian, Syd, Brian Wilson, Peter Green, Janis, etc etc.

I think Jones would have left anyways because of songwriting, personal dynamics and musical direction. As far as Taylor goes, after following in Clapton's and Green's spot in Mayall's band, he was definitely going to get scooped up by someone big. It could've still been the Stones, just another year or two down the road had Jones remained a while longer.

Date: May 17, 2013 01:57

kleermaker
His Majesty

Of course we would have loved it if Brian would have been able to get himself together and remain in the band, adding great contributions. It's nothing more than natural. I for one would never have thought of Taylor to become a Stone until he was a Stone. Something I discovered listening to YaYa's and finding myself with my head in the speaker where Taylor's guitar playing came from.

Just checking cos some recent posts by more extreme members here have had me wondering... I knew your reply would be music based...

Opening the windows to blast Aftermath, head in the speakers listening to Ya-Ya's, wonderful imagery.

smileys with beer

Date: May 17, 2013 02:24

The Rolling Stones during their first golden age are an integral part of my youth. I had the age of ten when Satisfaction came out and I loved it immediately. Listened to TSMR when I was 12, knowing the songs by heart. Discovered Aftermath and Between The Buttons later, after Through The Past, Darkly (what a sleeve that album had!) and High Tide, Green Grass. Then all those other albums got my love: December's Children, Out Of Our Heads, Let It Bleed, Beggars Banquet. Then I bought Sticky Fingers when it was released, being 16 years old, having my own simple but very dear mono turntable, feeling richer than a king! A year later came Exile, then Goats Head Soup and my first Stones concert in 1973 at the age of 18. Still in love with all those records, discovering the boots in 1973, from Bright Lights, Big City to The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie. What a run from 63 --> 73! A treasure for life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 02:26 by kleermaker.

Date: May 17, 2013 02:51

kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

Only for you! Or is there a rule that Taylorites must dislike all Rolling Stones music without Taylor? I must have missed that meeting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 02:57 by 71Tele.

Date: May 17, 2013 02:54

kleermaker
Mathijs
svt22
Mathijs
His Majesty
svt22
kleermaker

For being Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

Mathijs

Nope

I was banned two times. The first time it was because I posted a Saturday Night Live sketch featuring a character named "Hannukah Harry" (a Jewish version of Santa Clause). I was accused of anti-Semitism by a certain person on this board who A. has no sense of humor and B. apparently didn't know I was Jewish.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 17, 2013 03:23

Mathijs

Numerous posters have been twice banned, myself included. It's a sort of rite of passage before one can attain IORR longevity.

I'm guessing svt22 stands for "son of VT22", like son of Frankenstein or something.

Anyway, I believe a current poster who once used such names as thewatchman, stonescrow, MightyStonesStillRollin50, and DoomNGloom, among others, holds the all-time record for number of times having been banned--and all that in the space of 18 months or so!

He gets banned, then returns after a few months. A regular phoenix bird, that one is.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home