Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor playing lead all the time...
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 18, 2013 23:10

We need DP here. One of the most objective, articulate, and knowledgeable posters here, even if I often disagree with him.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 18, 2013 23:35

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Mathijs
And why is VT22 now again banned since 4 days? I don't see any offensive or objective postings at all, only ones I don't agree with!

Mathijs

A great comment from you, Mathijs! My respects.thumbs up

- Doxa

That means that you both think I'm hypocrite, an arsehole and that I should piss off from this site. Thanks, brothers...

There is a long story behind this, but I don't wanna bother people with that.

To be honest I have no clue what this is about. I was sincere in my remark that I don't see why VT22 should be banned, as I did not see any posts that where insulting or objective. Then again, I only read selected threads.

I have no idea what your (DP's) part is in this, and I certainly don't want to see you go from this site.

Mathijs

Me neither. It wood be a great loss for the Woodyists as well.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:51

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Mathijs
And why is VT22 now again banned since 4 days? I don't see any offensive or objective postings at all, only ones I don't agree with!

Mathijs

A great comment from you, Mathijs! My respects.thumbs up

- Doxa

That means that you both think I'm hypocrite, an arsehole and that I should piss off from this site. Thanks, brothers...

There is a long story behind this, but I don't wanna bother people with that.

eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Dandie, I don't know what is going on... I just made that remark because I remember Mathijs and Amsterdamned/VT22 having so many heated conversations along the years, and I saw it nice that Mathijs didn't take it personal, but more like "it is the things that fight, not the people". Honestly, I don't have any clue what is your role in this and what has happened.

And fvck you Dandie - you will not go anywhere! You are the soul of this board. If you leave, I'm going to find you, and get your ass back here!

So bad vibes today.

sad smileysad smileysad smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 12:53 by Doxa.

Date: May 19, 2013 13:24

Didn't mean to start a drama here. Mathijs and Timo, I'm sorry for my reaction. I thought you read the post which I reported as offensive.

Kleerie: I am a Keith-ist! smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:27

DandelionPowderman
Didn't mean to start a drama here. Mathijs and Timo, I'm sorry for my reaction. I thought you read the post which I reported as offensive.

I saw that post. Posting what he did is a certain way of getting banned

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:28

Man, Taylorites seem like some of the most mean spirted, closed minded, posters ever, it seems like they will stop at nothing, no scruples.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 15:13

DP asked for it.

I myself never ever reported a post that felt very offensive to me personally. I just react on this board, or send a private message. I'm no schoolboy that starts crying and runs to his daddy. But then everybody is different.

As DP stated, it's not my intention to start a drama here either - oeps- I'm afraid I did it already!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 20:17 by svt22.

Date: May 19, 2013 16:29

Max'sKansasCity
Man, Taylorites seem like some of the most mean spirted, closed minded, posters ever, it seems like they will stop at nothing, no scruples.

Though this is an offensive post I won't report it. It's a stupid post in the first place, the poster of which is disqualifying himself. That's enough.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 19, 2013 16:57

kleermaker
Max'sKansasCity

Though this is an offensive post I won't report it. It's a stupid post in the first place, the poster of which is disqualifying himself. That's enough.

Max, if anything was mean-spirited it was your interpretation of the picture of Keith and Mick Taylor in the Live Updates thread. Even if Taylorites were like that (and 99.9% of them are not) there's no need to reply in kind.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:26

The only thing that is offensive here is the lack of understanding that is sometimes on display........but then others should educate. We ARE all Stones fans, right?!? winking smiley

Date: May 20, 2013 01:25

kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

Objection your Honour! Three famous Taylorians here - pmk251, VT22 and myself - are stubborn Brian-era lovers. So are many other Taylorians.

VT22 has been banned from this site.

Count me as a Brian-era lover as well.

I will, but are you a Taylorian as well? I .. doubt it.

You doubt my Taylorite credentials, Kleermaker? confused smiley

You're too much into Some Girls, which is extremely suspicious and a contra-indication for being a Taylorian.

What more needs to be shown/said of being closed minded?

If anyone needs more, there is plenty more, check this posters many posts about offensive posts about Ronnie Wood and the time Ronnie Wood has been am meber opf this band since Taylor quit. I dont report his posts, I just find it interesting he can be so mean spirited and then take offense at being called at about it.

Date: May 20, 2013 01:27

Green Lady
kleermaker
Max'sKansasCity

Max, if anything was mean-spirited it was your interpretation of the picture of Keith and Mick Taylor in the Live Updates thread. Even if Taylorites were like that (and 99.9% of them are not) there's no need to reply in kind.

They have been much meaner than that, while denying it at the same time.

Date: May 20, 2013 01:29

Of course the typical reply is "Oh I was joking, we weerre making a joke". BS. Look at this thread title, saying a guy who quit this band should play lead all the time? and has gone of for 8 pages.

Date: May 20, 2013 01:40

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

Objection your Honour! Three famous Taylorians here - pmk251, VT22 and myself - are stubborn Brian-era lovers. So are many other Taylorians.

You're too much into Some Girls, which is extremely suspicious and a contra-indication for being a Taylorian.

If anyone needs more, there is plenty more, check this posters many posts about offensive posts about Ronnie Wood and the time Ronnie Wood has been am meber opf this band since Taylor quit. I dont report his posts, I just find it interesting he can be so mean spirited and then take offense at being called at about it.

Never mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 01:41 by 71Tele.

Date: May 20, 2013 01:42

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

Your problem is that you have absolutely zero ability to understand anything but the most surface meaning to what anybody else says. You seemingly have no ability whatsoever to perceive humor, irony, or subltey of any kind. If you did you would see the posts between kleermaker and myself for what they are - good natured ribbing - instead as some kind of evidence of closed-mindedness. Please explain, what exactly is mean-sprited about any of the posts you quote here. The answer is nothing. You seem so blinded by some kind of rage that you seem about to go off the deep end. If you hate Mick Taylor (and thos of us who like him) so much, why not find another way to spend your time? Maybe there is a site where only cheerleading is allowed: No musical criticism, no irony, no sarcasm, no satire.

You know after all this time (or you should) that people will sometimes say things here you disagree with. Get over it!

Classic Taylorite post.... yup, nothing insulting, mean spirited or chastising AT ALL there.

Date: May 20, 2013 01:49

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

Your problem is that you have absolutely zero ability to understand anything but the most surface meaning to what anybody else says. You seemingly have no ability whatsoever to perceive humor, irony, or subltey of any kind. If you did you would see the posts between kleermaker and myself for what they are - good natured ribbing - instead as some kind of evidence of closed-mindedness. Please explain, what exactly is mean-sprited about any of the posts you quote here. The answer is nothing. You seem so blinded by some kind of rage that you seem about to go off the deep end. If you hate Mick Taylor (and thos of us who like him) so much, why not find another way to spend your time? Maybe there is a site where only cheerleading is allowed: No musical criticism, no irony, no sarcasm, no satire.

You know after all this time (or you should) that people will sometimes say things here you disagree with. Get over it!

Classic Taylorite post.... yup, nothing insulting, mean spirited or chastising AT ALL there.

What is your problem with Mick Taylor, after all? He was in the Rolling Stones, on records even you must like. Why the hatred? I just don't get it. If you don't prefer his playing, that's fine, but you have never even attempted an intelligent musical argument, only hatred of "Taylorites" and fat insults. You only make yourself look petty and as mean-sprited as the people you complain about. Are you a Rolling Stones fan, or only a Ronnie Wood fan? I'm just curious because it's rather bizarre behavior for someone who claims to like the Stones so much that they would constantly dump on two former band members (Taylor and Wyman). What did they ever do to you?

You can't post what you did and then attack people for calling you out on it...Or you can, but you just don't have any credibility when you do it.

Lots of people seem to like you here, Max (including me). You do yourself a disservice with the small mindedness. Can't take a joke about Ronnie, and it sends you into a rage? Maybe the problem is you, not everyone else. That ever occur to you?

Date: May 20, 2013 01:54

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

What is your problem with Mick Taylor, after all? He was in the Rolling Stones, on records even you must like. Why the hatred? I just don't get it. If you don't prefer his playing, that's fine, but you have never even attempted an intelligent musical argument, only hatred of "Taylorites" and fat insults. You only make yourself look petty and as mean-sprited as the people you complain about. Are you a Rolling Stones fan, or only a Ronnie Wood fan? I'm just curious because it's rather bizarre behavior for someone who claims to like the Stones so much that they would constantly dump on two former band members (Taylor and Wyman). What did they ever do to you?

You can't post what you did and then attack people for calling you out on it...Or you can, but you just don't have any credibility when you do it.

Lots of people seem to like you here, Max (including me). You do yourself a disservice with the small mindedness. Can't take a joke about Ronnie, and it sends you into a rage? Maybe the problem is you, not everyone else. That ever occur to you?

So was that more humor and joking around?

Dang, I cant tell when you are being serious, kidding, mean spirited or just being closed minded. Maybe we need different colored writing for different emotions... but then again that might not work because I am slightly color blind, so I guess you will toss that in with your other insults.... or maybe we can give tests...

I cant see a number in this one, can anyone else?

Date: May 20, 2013 02:02

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

Dang, I cant tell when you are being serious, kidding, mean spirited or just being closed minded. Maybe we need different colored writing for different emotions... but then again that might not work because I am slightly color blind, so I guess you will toss that in with your other insults.... or maybe we can give tests...

Since you asked, I'll tell you: Nobody else goes crazy and starts making multiple personal attack posts when I post a snarky joking comment. They seem to be able to take it for what it is intended to be: humor. These are musicians, not Gods. They can take it, really. They don't need you to defend their honor. It's in the family, we can joke. Maybe you do need different colored writing to be able to perceive sarcasm or irony, I don't know. But you seem to be the only one.

Date: May 20, 2013 02:02

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
71Tele
svt22
kleermaker

What does that red little thingy outside the circle mean?

(I knew you would understand me perfectly Tele)

Date: May 20, 2013 02:04

kleermaker
What does that red little thingy outside the circle mean?

Maybe it is for extra credit on the test... or something.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 20, 2013 08:38

Lead....

2 1 2 0

Date: May 20, 2013 12:04

Maybe his best lead ever. Amazing sound and feel. He doesn't sing here though:

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 20, 2013 14:21

Come On

Lead....

The cheese content is high.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 14:29

His Majesty
Come On

Lead....

when i lived in chicago we had the blues clubs that were legit, mostly (but not all) on the southside. for example, the great checkerboard lounge where mick, keith and ronnie jammed with muddy waters. then there were the blue clubs that played watered-down lightweight blues for tourists downtown (the loop) or on the northside.

this clip sounds like the latter, and this band wouldn't last 3 minutes playing in the legit clubs.

and i say that with huge respect for mick taylor as a guitarist.

Date: May 20, 2013 15:26

sonomastone
His Majesty
Come On

Lead....

when i lived in chicago we had the blues clubs that were legit, mostly (but not all) on the southside. for example, the great checkerboard lounge where mick, keith and ronnie jammed with muddy waters. then there were the blue clubs that played watered-down lightweight blues for tourists downtown (the loop) or on the northside.

this clip sounds like the latter, and this band wouldn't last 3 minutes playing in the legit clubs.

I don't know if you are referring to the gig below, but lasting for longer than 3 minutes must have to do with name and fame then. Taylor is playing the guitar very soulful to me, although a bit unfocussed.

I think the posted clip below is more suitable for high $$$ paying blues tourists that like a cheesy/ vegas sounding guitarband better than the Taylor clip above, although Keith is playing some nice blues licks here

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 15:35

I much prefer the Stones with Keith driving the rhythm and Taylor exploring leads than hearing Keith and Ronnie 'weave'.

Listening to 1972 and then 1973, it sounds like Taylor is gaining confidence in 1973 and playing more than he did in 72...but it also sounds better to me. I think Taylor's playing pushed Keith. Ronnie is content to not push anything, and just have fun.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 21:45

svt22
sonomastone
His Majesty
Come On

Lead....

I don't know if you are referring to the gig below, but lasting for longer than 3 minutes must have to do with name and fame then. Taylor is playing the guitar very soulful to me, although a bit unfocussed.

I think the posted clip below is more suitable for high $$$ paying blues tourists that like a cheesy/ vegas sounding guitarband better than the Taylor clip above, although Keith is playing some nice blues licks here

i'm referring to the club in which they are playing, not this specific performance. i agree with your assessment of this performance. and it wasn't the regular crowd that night either - it only held i'd say 50-150 people max. it was filled with hangers on etc. i believe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 22:56 by sonomastone.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home