Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: To The Rolling Stones: We Want A New Album In 2014!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 5, 2013 23:34

In light of the news that the Japanese edition of the new Hyde Park DVD will be the only version that contains all the songs that are on the CD of the event, can we expect this trend to continue, meaning that when the band next release a studio version the Jap version will be the only one where the songs all actually play?

Re: Five Reasons Why The Stones Will Record New Music!
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 5, 2013 23:49

Posted by: JumpinJackOLantern ()
Date: September 5, 2013 22:36

I was going to wake you up when September ends. Looks like the alarm clock went off early.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 5, 2013 23:54

Gazza
In light of the news that the Japanese edition of the new Hyde Park DVD will be the only version that contains all the songs that are on the CD of the event, can we expect this trend to continue, meaning that when the band next release a studio version the Jap version will be the only one where the songs all actually play?

I think, no, I FEAR: YES!

Because it's so clever: The japanese people are happy because they get bonus tracks. The rest of the world probably does not care, apart from a handful of hardcore fans like us. But the Stones expect us hardcore fans to buy different formats of any given release anyway, so they expect us to buy the japanese edition as expensive imports. What makes the japanese distributors even happier...

Speaking of the Hyde Park DVD - of course, they could have used rare tracks from other shows as bonuses for the japanese edition and include the Hyde Park-tracks worldwide. But that's extra-work - selecting shows, selecting tracks, mixing them...obviously too much work for this band, and we should not forget their age and just be happy that they are still around and therefore be happy with whatever they choose to give us because something is better than nothing etc. etc. pp. bla bla bla...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 6, 2013 02:09

i have the same reply for -

we want a new album,should the stones make a new album? is there gonna be a new album next year? do you think the stones will make a new album?does the world want a new album? how would a new album sell? and any other thread with "new" and "album" in it-

bigger bang went gold in the states and that was at the beginning of a tour.great numbers....if it was 1965.this is a signal to the band that a new record is a waste of time.
the two main songwriters hated each other even before one of them insulted the others manhood in print...things went downhill from there.
we had an apology,then a retraction.we had a tour where they played two new songs they each wrote by themselves and we have a guitar player whose hands are so gnarled he deserves a medal for playing 2 hours onstage,yet you want him to spend hours playing to develop new tracks?

and somehow,someway you guys think they will pull out 12 or so good songs from this trainwreck?
lets hope they dont even try,it would most likely make bigger bang look like sticky fingers.

Date: September 6, 2013 02:43

Sipuncula

I was going to wake you up when September ends. Looks like the alarm clock went off early.

Feels like October today where I am at. The autumn winds shall soon be upon us, and so shall the Stones, in one way or another!

Date: September 6, 2013 02:49

lem motlow
i have the same reply for -

we want a new album,should the stones make a new album? is there gonna be a new album next year? do you think the stones will make a new album?does the world want a new album? how would a new album sell? and any other thread with "new" and "album" in it-

bigger bang went gold in the states and that was at the beginning of a tour.great numbers....if it was 1965.this is a signal to the band that a new record is a waste of time.
the two main songwriters hated each other even before one of them insulted the others manhood in print...things went downhill from there.
we had an apology,then a retraction.we had a tour where they played two new songs they each wrote by themselves and we have a guitar player whose hands are so gnarled he deserves a medal for playing 2 hours onstage,yet you want him to spend hours playing to develop new tracks?

and somehow,someway you guys think they will pull out 12 or so good songs from this trainwreck?
lets hope they dont even try,it would most likely make bigger bang look like sticky fingers.

But you will buy it if/when it is released, right?

Date: September 6, 2013 02:52

HopeYouGuessMyName
I admire your enthusiasm

- and it would be terrific if you were right!

Yes, it is going to be terrific! That's the word!smileys with beer

Date: September 6, 2013 05:33

GasLightStreet
drummer_dude
YES NEW ALBUM LONGER TOUR TO AMERICA AND EUROPE EVERYWHERE ELSE TO
They could surprise us fans with a really good album this time if they do it.
Mick and Keith got to write together like they used to and try to make this one really good for us. drummer_dude

You're right. They could surprise us fans with a really good album this time if they do it.

They won't. They don't need to and it's well past obvious they don't want to.

They will! I have given you five solid reasons to change your mind!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2013 05:45

Sipuncula

Amazing, innit.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2013 05:47

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
drummer_dude
Mick and Keith got to write together like they used to and try to make this one really good for us. drummer_dude

You're right. They could surprise us fans with a really good album this time if they do it.

You have not, just like you won't explain your examining finger about Glastonbury. Prattle prattle...

Date: September 6, 2013 08:55

Gazza

Yes. This is getting to be ridiculous. To get
the definitive versions of these releases,you need to order from Japan. ( Unless you live in Japan , of course . ) S

SA-CD's = Japan Only
SHM CD's = Japan Only
Blu-ray Audio discs = Japan Only

Why make it so difficult and costly for the rest
of the world's population to get the definitive
digital disc releases ??

Date: September 7, 2013 05:43

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
drummer_dude

You have not, just like you won't explain your examining finger about Glastonbury. Prattle prattle...

OK, hotshot, give us five reasons why they won't record new music? And while you are at it, give us seven reasons why the Stones didn't continue to roll in 2012 and 2013 for their 50th anniversary year! Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 24, 2013 03:03

Well, I guess in the end, we can't always get what we want. So what is it that we are going to get that we need?

Date: October 5, 2013 04:11

To Mick and Keith: Please, no more damn solo projects! Pool your resources and give Stones World what it so desperately needs! New Stones Music!!!!!!

Date: October 5, 2013 04:13

JumpinJackOLantern
Well, I guess in the end, we can't always get what we want. So what is it that we are going to get that we need?

Stop being so negative! What we WANT and NEED is a new Stones album, and by gawd that is what we are going to get!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 5, 2013 10:56

JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern

Stop being so negative! What we WANT and NEED is a new Stones album, and by gawd that is what we are going to get!

grinning smiley Let's see how this dialogue develops...

- Doxa

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 5, 2013 13:50

imho i don´t want another stones album, the point is, if we get another album like tha last few, then solo albums are wuite right, beacause they don´t are compromises, and they sound the same, but the directions are pointed out clearer...
in the end we have more music, more focused and not just rushed out to do a "stones" lp.
if they do one serious, ie. a real blues album, or go together in studio and work out the ideas, then it´s ok. don´t need just a mediocre drop in and paste tc. album.
don´t get me wrong, i like many stuff on the last albums, but they are painted by numbers, they are not fresh, they went with the time and with the money....

To The Rolling Stones: We Want A 50 And Counting Box Set In 2014!
Date: October 5, 2013 04:35

I know I want one, badly! How about the rest of you? Any favorite concerts, songs, guests, etc. you want included? I definitely want Glastonbury and the PPV concert and maybe the club show they did. The guests were fabulous throughout the tour. Definitely want Taylor Swift doing As Tears Go By. Also want Out Of Control and When The Whip Comes Down. I want it all, to be perfectly honest with you! How about you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 04:37 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Re: To The Rolling Stones: We Want A 50 And Counting Box Set In 2014!
Date: October 5, 2013 04:47

I could live with the Stones calling it quits tomorrow, but what I can't live with is no 50 and Counting box set!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 5, 2013 05:43

I'm all for it!!!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 5, 2013 07:11

Looks like they should make it in a Limited Edition of 2.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 5, 2013 10:15

JumpinJackOLantern

I could live with the Stones calling it quits tomorrow, but what I can't live with is no 50 and Counting box set!

Why not making a own Box-set with Glastonbury and the Newark-PPV from this sources (or others like this or this)?

Would be easier than living in a World without the Stones ..... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 10:25 by Irix.

Date: October 5, 2013 13:59

loog droog

My luck would be the other person buys both.

I found some bootlegs of the 50 & Counting... on Amazon. I made a thread here, asking if anyone knew of the quality. I think the thread got deleted. Emailed the seller and their reply was something like, due to being live we can't guarantee studio sound quality.

Anyone know of these boots that I'm talking about? If so, how is the audio quality?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: October 5, 2013 15:17

MingSubu
loog droog

My luck would be the other person buys both.

I found some bootlegs of the 50 & Counting... on Ama zon. I made a thread here, asking if anyone knew of the quality. I think the thread got deleted. Emailed the seller and their reply was something like, due to being live we can't guarantee studio sound quality.

Anyone know of these boots that I'm talking about? If so, how is the audio quality?

They were most likely audience recordings they downloaded from here or a torrent and burned on CDr's.

Why not just download them for free from here? If you want real factory made silver discs contact gilles and he can hook you up with some shows. He is a good guy and very reliable.

Date: October 5, 2013 18:21

Honestly, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing. I should read up on it.

Please forgive my ignorance, of this topic. smiling smiley If I was going to start researching. I'm assuming the subject is "torrents"? Like Torrents 101, or Torrents For Dummies?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 18:22 by MingSubu.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:29

Here's the box set I would like that I would think wouldn't be that hard to put together:

-Give me a DVD of a full show (preferably one of the US arena shows, but whatever they wanted to do would be fine)
-a highlights DVD of particular rare songs or songs that were only performed once (Shine A Light, Sway with Taylor, etc.). I would say this DVD is also optional, it would just be nice
-A 2 or 3 CD set of most or all of the songs performed on this tour. To my recollection they performed about 60 songs. I would love if they either did something similar to Live Licks, where its one CD of warhorses, then 2 CDs of rare stuff, or just 2 CDs of the rare stuff from the tour and no warhorses. Or similar to the DVD, give me a full show over 2 CDs then a highlights disc.

Elaborate box: 2 DVDs, 3 CDs, full show, warhorses and rarities
Standard box: 1 DVD, 2 CDs, full show and rarities disc with some warhorses
Low Key release: 2 CDs, rarities from throughout the tour

I'd honestly be happy with any of those. Whatever they felt like releasing, but I'd really love to get something.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:38

I thought you were tired of the old stuff and wanted and album of new material?

I thought you were through with the Stones and this board?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want you to leave or anything, just pointing out that your messages sometimes seem a little confused.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:04

Yes, because if there's one thing the Rolling Stones have not done enough of, it's compilations.

Date: October 5, 2013 21:51

Rokyfan
I thought you were tired of the old stuff and wanted and album of new material?

I thought you were through with the Stones and this board?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want you to leave or anything, just pointing out that your messages sometimes seem a little confused.

I guess I am just greedy and want it all.

If I seem a little confused it is because I am blessed with multiple personalities, all of them trying to express themselves through one user name. I am just trying to play by the rules. Apparently, we are only allowed one user name at a time.

Some of my personalities want to stay and others want to go. It's a real tug of war. Some of them think the Beatles are #1, while others think the Stones are #1.

Date: October 5, 2013 21:57

Irix
JumpinJackOLantern

Why not making a own Box-set with Glastonbury and the Newark-PPV from this sources (or others like this or this)?

Would be easier than living in a World without the Stones ..... winking smiley

I want an official product that chronicles the entire 50th anniversary year. Something that is on the shelf for the world to see.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home