Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: To The Rolling Stones: We Want A New Album In 2014!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:17

StonesTod
mailexile67
...If there isn't more show in 2014 after the last show in Hyde Park, no new album, the hoping is that they will tour also next year so there will be a new studio album!

our crack expert analysts are studying this post now and will have a report out by EOD

Thanks StonesTod...the team has just completed the analysis and we've determined the premise put forward by mailexile67 is completely flawed.

A full report will be delivered in approximately 8 weeks.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:29

treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67
...If there isn't more show in 2014 after the last show in Hyde Park, no new album, the hoping is that they will tour also next year so there will be a new studio album!

our crack expert analysts are studying this post now and will have a report out by EOD

Thanks StonesTod...the team has just completed the analysis and we've determined the premise put forward by mailexile67 is completely flawed.

A full report will be delivered in approximately 8 weeks.

wire-bound copies are to be distributed to all board members. all aboard now.

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:44

How about another 'Stripped' live in the studio with Mick Taylor? A studio re-working of CYHMK a la recent live versions would be worth it alone?

Dayo

Posted by: REMChicagoBOY ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:17

I agree with the people stating ABB has aged well. I've been listening to it lately and it's a really strong record, a full record.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:12

REMChicagoBOY
I agree with the people stating ABB has aged well. I've been listening to it lately and it's a really strong record, a full record.

fullest record ever

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:25

..."A full report will be delivered in approximately 8 weeks"...Can't wait!!!Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah!!!

Date: June 16, 2013 19:24

Nice to know that at least Ronnie and Keith agree with us. Now, if we/they can just convince Mick!

Date: June 18, 2013 07:38

Anyone else out there want to say YES to a new album? There must be at least ten million fans that would love to see a new album. Let's here from some of you ten million!

Date: June 18, 2013 07:40

How many friends do the Stones have on Facebook and twitter these days?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 07:43 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 18, 2013 07:41

JumpinJackOLantern
Nice to know that at least Ronnie and Keith agree with us. Now, if we/they can just convince Mick!

Only 9,999,999 fans to go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 07:41 by 71Tele.

Date: June 18, 2013 07:46

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern

Only 9,999,999 fans to go!

We will wear Mick down just like we did for the 50th anniversary! He will finally throw up his arms and declare: "Let's give these hardcore bastards what they want just to shut them up!" Sort of what happened with Mick Taylor etc.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 18, 2013 10:04

I agree, i want more new RS's stuff!!!!!!!!

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:43

I want a new album please!

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:58

Yes please, new album with all the boys please, Taylor as well!

Date: June 18, 2013 17:05

A new studio album, please!

A live album box - with shows from the current tour and shows from the vault, please!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 17:54

I want a new album too. am I asking too much?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 18, 2013 22:58

I honestly can't remember whether I have already contributed here, but yes, I'd love them to have a go at a new album.

If I haven't already said this, it's because I think our voices on this thread are being drowned out by all the manic cheerleading from JumpinJackOLantern. A campaigning thread isn't very impressive if 50% of the posts are by the same person - it's actually making the rest of us less likely to be noticed if (improbably) anyone from the band is actually looking.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 18, 2013 23:10

Green Lady
I honestly can't remember whether I have already contributed here, but yes, I'd love them to have a go at a new album.

If I haven't already said this, it's because I think our voices on this thread are being drowned out by all the manic cheerleading from JumpinJackOLantern. A campaigning thread isn't very impressive if 50% of the posts are by the same person - it's actually making the rest of us less likely to be noticed if (improbably) anyone from the band is actually looking.

You gotta love JJL and his work. I've never seen someone reply to their own posts so much. To his credit this thread would have been buried and forgotten long ago without him. Since there is no chance of the stones deciding whether or not to record an album based on a couple of dozen posters on here (they knew we'd buy it already) I don't see any harm in it. It's high comedy.

Date: June 19, 2013 02:56

Green Lady

Probably closer to 30%. My hope was for this thread to become a sticky so I wouldn't have to keep bumping it onto the front page. I think it deserves it's place right alongside the Mick Taylor sticky. Mick doesn't have time to be reading every post. The important thing is that he sees that the hardcore fans base is showing some kind of interest in a new album.

Date: June 19, 2013 03:04

sonomastone
Green Lady

You gotta love JJL and his work. I've never seen someone reply to their own posts so much. To his credit this thread would have been buried and forgotten long ago without him. Since there is no chance of the stones deciding whether or not to record an album based on a couple of dozen posters on here (they knew we'd buy it already) I don't see any harm in it. It's high comedy.

Thanks, mate, nice to know that at least someone out there acknowledges all my hard work. It's basically a thankless job, but someone has to at least be willing to make an effort to grab their attention. One thing I have learned in my near 70 years on this planet is that one person truly can make a difference - not always, but often enough to make it worth the effort.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 03:08 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 19, 2013 03:13

JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Probably closer to 30%. My hope was for this thread to become a sticky so I wouldn't have to keep bumping it onto the front page. I think it deserves it's place right alongside the Mick Taylor sticky. Mick doesn't have time to be reading every post. The important thing is that he sees that the hardcore fans base is showing some kind of interest in a new album.

Why don't you just print this thread out and mail it to Mick's office? At least that way there would be a chance of someone in Mick's orbit actually reading this thread, and who knows, it might even wind up in the hands of the man himself.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 03:18

JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

But there's so many damn posts in that taylor thread, Mick might run out of time just there. Maybe you can get the other stickys removed just so Mick is sure to read it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 19, 2013 03:53

JumpinJackOLantern
Anyone else out there want to say YES to a new album? There must be at least ten million fans that would love to see a new album. Let's here from some of you ten million!

Why oh why would you assume that there are 10 million Stones fans on iorr? You belong in a can with all the rest of the nuts.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 19, 2013 04:40

I want a new album...by The Replacements.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 19, 2013 04:50

I want a new studio album. I'll even pay for it!

Date: June 19, 2013 04:55

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Why don't you just print this thread out and mail it to Mick's office? At least that way there would be a chance of someone in Mick's orbit actually reading this thread, and who knows, it might even wind up in the hands of the man himself.

On the surface that would appear to be a good idea, but I think there is a greater chance it will be viewed right here. Probably already has, but it's even better if it's staring them in the face whenever they check in here. The more yes votes we get the better.

Date: June 19, 2013 04:58

Rokyfan
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

But there's so many damn posts in that taylor thread, Mick might run out of time just there. Maybe you can get the other stickys removed just so Mick is sure to read it.

The Taylor thread got immediate results. The wish was granted.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 19, 2013 05:10

JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

On the surface that would appear to be a good idea, but I think there is a greater chance it will be viewed right here. Probably already has, but it's even better if it's staring them in the face whenever they check in here. The more yes votes we get the better.

Yes, when they get tired of looking at the walls and grounds of their mansions or the sea views of their Caribbean getaways--sure I see what you mean. They must even have favorite posters whose threads and conversations they follow. I wouldn't even be surprised if they click on poster names to see how many posts they have.

And all this time we thought we were fans of The Rolling Stones, but in reality The Rolling Stones are fans of IORR posters....

Date: June 19, 2013 05:14

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

Why oh why would you assume that there are 10 million Stones fans on iorr? You belong in a can with all the rest of the nuts.

Why, oh why, would you assume that I think there are ten million Stones fans on IORR? Oh, never mind, I think I know the answer to that question.

So you believe (in your narrow and twisted mind) in jailing all those you consider to be nuts?

Date: June 19, 2013 05:18

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Yes, when they get tired of looking at the walls and grounds of their mansions or the sea views of their Caribbean getaways--sure I see what you mean. They must even have favorite posters whose threads and conversations they follow. I wouldn't even be surprised if they click on poster names to see how many posts they have.

And all this time we thought we were fans of The Rolling Stones, but in reality The Rolling Stones are fans of IORR posters....

It's just good business to check the pulse of your hardcore fan base. It's really a no-brainer. If I thought otherwise I wouldn't be here. IORR is far more that just a mere discussion board.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home