Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Keith's Song Selection
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:12

His Majesty
Glammy
I could live without his solo spot.

It's sole purpose is probably to allow Mick to have a break.

Maybe, but Keith obviously relishes the spotlight and I think that has as much to do with it as Mick's break. That's part of what I enjoy about his songs, he always looks so happy to be up there doing his thing.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:31

The harder they come could be a nice one

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:37

latebloomer
His Majesty
Glammy

Maybe, but Keith obviously relishes the spotlight and I think that has as much to do with it as Mick's break. That's part of what I enjoy about his songs, he always looks so happy to be up there doing his thing.

It's time we all realize Keith is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:15

black n blue
Name me some others Keith has done

Here's a few of em . . .

Little T&A
Too Rude
The Worst
Slipping Away
You Don't Have To Mean It
Thru and Thru
Infamy
I Wanna Hold You
Can't Be Seen
You Got The Silver
All About You

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Date: May 13, 2013 18:07

Heck, he could redo "Learning The Game"

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:16

why not sleep tonight or coming down again,never done live.Happy havenĀ“t been EX since 1990,its ok sometimes,but a bit boring.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:24

Worried about you would be nice, best song he has ever done live.

Date: May 13, 2013 19:29

We Had It All he's proven he can do well...but we'd probably hate it and say bring back Happy...

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:31

JumpinJeppeFlash

Worried about you ??? When did Keith ever do the lead vocals on that one?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:34

maradona
JumpinJeppeFlash

maybe he meant worried life blues (barbs tour)

Date: May 13, 2013 19:36

GRNRBITW
maradona
JumpinJeppeFlash

Haha, all about you off course, very tiered after work.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:38

Munichhilton
latebloomer
His Majesty
Glammy

It's time we all realize Keith is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Agreed

Date: May 13, 2013 19:42

GRNRBITW
maradona
JumpinJeppeFlash

Everything he did with NB was fantastic in my opinion, in fact a NB reunion would be more interesting than a Stones tour.

Date: May 13, 2013 19:43

JumpinJeppeFlash
GRNRBITW
maradona
JumpinJeppeFlash

Haha, all about you off course, very tiered after work.

I love all about you but i am not sure it's a good idea to play that live right now.

I'm digging his country & western covers, he could even do love hurts, the crowd would know it and the super fans would get the gram parsons reference.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 19:44 by sonomastone.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 13, 2013 21:08

If there are guests, why wouldn't it make sense to have a guest or two on Keith's songs?

Date: May 13, 2013 21:09

BustedButton
If there are guests, why wouldn't it make sense to have a guest or two on Keith's songs?

I think Keith's special vocal styling would only frighten and confuse a guest...better leave those travesties to the lead...

Date: May 13, 2013 21:11

Munichhilton
BustedButton

I think Keith's special vocal styling would only frighten and confuse a guest...better leave those travesties to the lead...

I kind of liked his duet with Norah jones on love hurts but yeah I agree with you... The guests are a mick ego thing and are going badly enough as is

Date: May 13, 2013 21:11

Munichhilton
BustedButton

i think it's more the anger-management issues keith has. i remember one time when a guest came onto the show in '81 to help out with satisfaction - and KEITH HIT HIM WITH HIS GUITAR! i think that turned off a lot of potential guests thereafter...

Date: May 13, 2013 21:18

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
BustedButton

i think it's more the anger-management issues keith has. i remember one time when a guest came onto the show in '81 to help out with satisfaction - and KEITH HIT HIM WITH HIS GUITAR! i think that turned off a lot of potential guests thereafter...

I thought that was his vocal styling I referred to...no?

Date: May 13, 2013 21:21

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
BustedButton

Was that you????!

Date: May 13, 2013 21:21

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
BustedButton

I thought that was his vocal styling I referred to...no?

the two are hard to separate...

Date: May 13, 2013 21:49

sonomastone
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
BustedButton

Was that you????!

mhm...but it should be noted that keith was nice enough to bail me out of jail...but i don't even respond to his requests to join him on-stage for a duet anymore...i do have a modicum of self-respect still...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 13, 2013 22:02

Keith's 'interludes' became cringing and were a long way from the heady days of him and Mick sharing the same microphone on the chorus of Happy. The clips I've watched of him doing Happy and Before They Make Me Run from this tour have been a massive improvement on lets say ABB or 40 Licks where the posing took presidence over the singing and guitar playing.

True I'm only watching YoutTube clips and will reserve full judgement when I have witnessed them for myself at Glastonbury...but, I've also read what many of you have posted and the general consensus on IORR is that he is singing and playing much better than both the preceding tours. Therefore I'd be happy to hear either of those two, but would really like to hear something like 'You DOn;t Have To Mean It' or for a more obscure reference 'Let's Go Steady' but in reality that will never happen.

Keith is playing and singing well (in relative terms) and for that alone we should be grateful...add to that he has cut the posing and it's great to see him standing by Charlie concentraing on laying that solid rhythm down.

Date: May 13, 2013 22:12

He's still posing. He hides behind Darryl when he feels the odd kick or arm jerk coming on. You can see it in the Vegas Rambler clip...Darryl is accepting his new high profile roll in the band with a nice hat...

Date: May 13, 2013 22:47

crumbling_mice
Keith's 'interludes' became cringing and were a long way from the heady days of him and Mick sharing the same microphone on the chorus of Happy. The clips I've watched of him doing Happy and Before They Make Me Run from this tour have been a massive improvement on lets say ABB or 40 Licks where the posing took presidence over the singing and guitar playing.

True I'm only watching YoutTube clips and will reserve full judgement when I have witnessed them for myself at Glastonbury...but, I've also read what many of you have posted and the general consensus on IORR is that he is singing and playing much better than both the preceding tours. Therefore I'd be happy to hear either of those two, but would really like to hear something like 'You DOn;t Have To Mean It' or for a more obscure reference 'Let's Go Steady' but in reality that will never happen.

Keith is playing and singing well (in relative terms) and for that alone we should be grateful...add to that he has cut the posing and it's great to see him standing by Charlie concentraing on laying that solid rhythm down.

Saw him in Oakland. Way better than I expected and a real joy to watch and listen to actually.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 14, 2013 00:19

I like his version of "The Nearness of you" very much! That's the one song I realy wanna hear live!

Date: May 14, 2013 01:01

GJV
I like his version of "The Nearness of you" very much! That's the one song I realy wanna hear live!

You're just being upbeat...that is not the one song you wanna hear and you me and the dog know it...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:09

Munichhilton
He's still posing. He hides behind Darryl when he feels the odd kick or arm jerk coming on. You can see it in the Vegas Rambler clip...Darryl is accepting his new high profile roll in the band with a nice hat...

You mean Keith and Ronnie are accepting their new low-profile role alongside Darryl.

This is the first tour where the stage lineup looks like Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones. This must be an additional element of Mick's revenge for Life--seems that Keith's apology alone wasn't enough, and now Mick gets the whole front of the stage to himself.

Date: May 14, 2013 01:11

stonehearted
Munichhilton

You mean Keith and Ronnie are accepting their new low-profile role alongside Darryl.

This is the first tour where the stage lineup looks like Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones. This must be an additional element of Mick's revenge for Life--seems that Keith's apology alone wasn't enough, and now Mick gets the whole front of the stage to himself.

You did see them all take a knee before Jagger in that Vegas Rambler clip right?
If not maybe Max can point it out...he's good at that stuff...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:47

Munichhilton
Heck, he could redo "Learning The Game"

I thought that was done with alot of passion in Austin, That would be a ggod one

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home