Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith's Song Selection
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:49

Munichhilton
stonehearted
Munichhilton
He's still posing. He hides behind Darryl when he feels the odd kick or arm jerk coming on. You can see it in the Vegas Rambler clip...Darryl is accepting his new high profile roll in the band with a nice hat...

You mean Keith and Ronnie are accepting their new low-profile role alongside Darryl.

This is the first tour where the stage lineup looks like Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones. This must be an additional element of Mick's revenge for Life--seems that Keith's apology alone wasn't enough, and now Mick gets the whole front of the stage to himself.

You did see them all take a knee before Jagger in that Vegas Rambler clip right?
If not maybe Max can point it out...he's good at that stuff...

Nope, I didn't see that clip. I'm just making a general observation. It's just that I'm seeing more and more stage pics that look like this....

....and it's starting to look a bit like Radiohead promo shots where you see Thom Yorke up front and those other guys in the band who are always relegated to the background.

But, of course, you're right, I haven't been to one of these shows and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone could step in to let me know....

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:15

Maybe keith should do a Joe Perry and nudge sir overboard

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:20

stonehearted
Munichhilton
He's still posing. He hides behind Darryl when he feels the odd kick or arm jerk coming on. You can see it in the Vegas Rambler clip...Darryl is accepting his new high profile roll in the band with a nice hat...

You mean Keith and Ronnie are accepting their new low-profile role alongside Darryl.

This is the first tour where the stage lineup looks like Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones. This must be an additional element of Mick's revenge for Life--seems that Keith's apology alone wasn't enough, and now Mick gets the whole front of the stage to himself.

I don't think there's anyting new about this. I remember the first time I heard "miss you" on the radio, i had never heard of the band before, and the DJ announced them as "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones". That was back in '78.

Having said that, I tuned out the years 1990-2012 in Rolling Stones history, so if there were some times in there when Keith appeared more equal, then I get what you're saying. i haven't felt any particular reason to revisit those years (although i did enjoy the 4 licks dvd set).

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:20

stonehearted
Munichhilton
stonehearted
Munichhilton

You did see them all take a knee before Jagger in that Vegas Rambler clip right?
If not maybe Max can point it out...he's good at that stuff...

Nope, I didn't see that clip. I'm just making a general observation. It's just that I'm seeing more and more stage pics that look like this....

Darryl is really giving it to Jagger in that shot...good for him. eh GravityBoy?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:29

Coming Down Again would be AWESOME!!!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:34

Slipping Away was great on the Licks tour. I'd love to see Infamy come back, and Little T&A (without the horns) would be nice. You Got the Silver is the highlight of the Shine a Light movie.

How about a mini-Keith/Ronnie set of You Got the Silver (Keith vox, Ronnie slide) and Sleep Tonight (Keith vox/keys, Ronnie drums)??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It Would be great if he dusted off How Can I Stop, it would actually be a song where Lisa and Bernard wouldn't get in the way!!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:38

Slipping Away - I would be happy with that as well.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:53

Munichhilton
BustedButton
If there are guests, why wouldn't it make sense to have a guest or two on Keith's songs?

I think Keith's special vocal styling would only frighten and confuse a guest...better leave those travesties to the lead...

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 03:01

Elvis Costello made the same complaint after seeing the 2012 NYC area shows, that it was too much like Mick Jagger and band. I tried to counter that Keith was choosing to hang back and hold it together but I now think he was right.

Date: May 14, 2013 05:40

At the Las Vegas show he gave a nice, audible speech (others may recall his exact wording, it was great to hear him sound so 'clear headed.') Then at the end he did it:

'Nice to be here, nice to be anywhere!!!'

I was hoping he wouldn't, praying he wouldn't, but he did it. But then he played his guitar (loudly) and sang (mostly) 'BTMMR' & 'Happy,' better than I've witnessed since '89.
And all was well.

Date: May 14, 2013 05:47

FirstTimeSeattle81
At the Las Vegas show he gave a nice, audible speech (others may recall his exact wording, it was great to hear him sound so 'clear headed.') Then at the end he did it:

I was hoping he wouldn't, praying he wouldn't, but he did it. But then he played his guitar (loudly) and sang (mostly) 'BTMMR' & 'Happy,' better than I've witnessed since '89.
And all was well.

yeah, he's been great on this tour. and 99% of the audience has never heard him say that catchphrase, and the sentiment is a positive one, so it doesn't bother me so much that he says it every time. i take it is meaning that he actually is thankful for every day he has. as he should be.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2013 05:55

DandelionPowderman
He's not still saying that smiling smiley

He sort of said some of that in Oakland, though it was fairly difficult to decipher exactly what he was saying. It did resemble English syntax in some ways.

Date: May 14, 2013 05:57

71Tele
DandelionPowderman

He sort of said some of that in Oakland, though it was fairly difficult to decipher exactly what he was saying. It did resemble English syntax in some ways.

yeah, i couldn't understand anything he said at oakland but wish i could. i usually find what he has to say interesting.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2013 06:29

TeddyB1018
Elvis Costello made the same complaint after seeing the 2012 NYC area shows, that it was too much like Mick Jagger and band. I tried to counter that Keith was choosing to hang back and hold it together but I now think he was right.

Going to see Elvis in London in a few weeks, Teddy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 14, 2013 06:39

sonomastone
FirstTimeSeattle81

And all was well.

yeah, he's been great on this tour. and 99% of the audience has never heard him say that catchphrase, and the sentiment is a positive one, so it doesn't bother me so much that he says it every time. i take it is meaning that he actually is thankful for every day he has. as he should be.

Based on the sheer number of people who have publically predicted that Keith Richards
would be dead within the year, and have been doing/saying/predicting that every year since 1967.... I wouldnt doubt Keith's saying is his way of saying "Fk you, Im still here!" and IT IS good to be here... IT IS GOOD TO BE ANYWHERE.... besides dead.

Date: May 14, 2013 06:57

i dont like little t & a, it stinks. hack song.

happy is a classic, i m fine with it

a treasure would be to hear comin down again, imo keiths best lead vocal on a stones record

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 07:34

71Tele
TeddyB1018

Going to see Elvis in London in a few weeks, Teddy.

Cool. He always gives it his all.

Date: May 14, 2013 11:44

71Tele
DandelionPowderman

In London he said something like "It's great to see you, it's great to see anybody"...

A little variation, at least smiling smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 14, 2013 13:36

The original little T&A is superb; it has an special groove never noticed in live settings (RS and Winos)

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:19

He may give a thought to other songs to variate for example i would like to hear him do a cover.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:35

Keith is so fried,that he probably couldn't do any other songs,l mean even playing Satisfaction he f--ks up,and seems to be in da da la land...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:42

steini
He may give a thought to other songs to variate for example i would like to hear him do a cover.

You asked for it...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:49

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread, "Whip It Up.". Now that would be wild to hear, even though it is off Keith's best (Stones) album, "Talk Is Cheap". Would love to hear "Take It So Hard" by Keith and the Stones players. Keith and Lisa doing "Make No Mistake" would be a great tune to play, along with "Rockawhile" or "Locked Away". Of course, the pefect song for Keith to play as his personal choice for his time in the spotlight would be "You Don't Move Me Anymore". I am sure Brenda would be totally pissed heraring this played live at a Stones show. And I am sure Keith would have the biggest shit eating grin ever on his face as he did it.

Date: May 15, 2013 07:50

dmay
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread, "Whip It Up.". Now that would be wild to hear, even though it is off Keith's best (Stones) album, "Talk Is Cheap". Would love to hear "Take It So Hard" by Keith and the Stones players. Keith and Lisa doing "Make No Mistake" would be a great tune to play, along with "Rockawhile" or "Locked Away". Of course, the pefect song for Keith to play as his personal choice for his time in the spotlight would be "You Don't Move Me Anymore". I am sure Brenda would be totally pissed heraring this played live at a Stones show. And I am sure Keith would have the biggest shit eating grin ever on his face as he did it.

"you don't move me" followed by "all about you" would be great.
hey, if they survived keith officially retracting his apology mid way through the tour, they can survive anything...

Date: May 15, 2013 07:53

Munichhilton
steini

You asked for it...

hadn't heard that before. thanks for sharing. keith should do a covers album.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: May 18, 2013 17:25

What about THIS ONE for a slight change of the Keith srt??

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 18, 2013 17:51

dmay

Love his solo stuff. Keith was all business there

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:47

T&A, Wanna Hold You......I dig All About You, Silver, and CDA, but HATE Keith the Crooner.........Maybe he can do a "standards" album with Rod the Mo-.....er, crooner.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 18, 2013 23:45

Learning the Game was fantastic! MEZ

Date: May 19, 2013 00:02

Thrylan
T&A, Wanna Hold You......I dig All About You, Silver, and CDA, but HATE Keith the Crooner.........Maybe he can do a "standards" album with Rod the Mo-.....er, crooner.

what do you think of keith doing country standards? i think he's pretty good. "we had it all" or "love hurts" for example.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home