Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Stones @ Verizon Center, Washington DC June 24
Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 24, 2013 04:20

If they can play SFM like they did in 72 WOW.
Lets hope we get Mick Taylor for 3 songs like we did in Philly.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 24, 2013 04:28

Christopher

Maybe if they do LIV as the slow number and SFM as the fan vote and decide that CYHMK belongs in between OMS and HTW, and then realize "Hey, HTW is next and that was Taylor's first session; maybe we'll keep him up there for that and make him part of the band introductions for once", then we'll get Taylor for 6. We can dream.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 24, 2013 05:18

Vote for ROCKS OFF!!!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 24, 2013 08:39

winter
Christopher

Maybe if they do LIV as the slow number and SFM as the fan vote and decide that CYHMK belongs in between OMS and HTW, and then realize "Hey, HTW is next and that was Taylor's first session; maybe we'll keep him up there for that and make him part of the band introductions for once", then we'll get Taylor for 6. We can dream.

See, now thats what I thought in Philly too. I was like, "wow, he just got an AMAZING response for Knockin', he played on the original Honky Tonk Women. Why wouldn't you keep him out?!" It really is just baffling, especially after you see him play (I guess its not, cause the reason he's not out is he will overshadow the Stones). However, Honky Tonk Women is an even weirder thing, because the Stones (I believe Keith) have gone out of their way to say Taylor was instrumental in contributing to that song, while Taylor claims it was pretty much finished when he got there. So we don't know whats true, but Taylor is basically saying he played what they ask, while the Stones are going out of their way to say "no, he's important", and then to have them leave the stage as they play the song they say he was important to. Sorry, but once again, LOGIC??!!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 24, 2013 08:46

I voted for SFM. Would be nice if Taylor joined them for this tune.

On the fence about going and time is getting short. I have nobody to watch my chow. I'm afraid to leave him in a hotel room alone. He's my baby.

Hoping for a southern leg before all is said and done. I need more concerts!!!

For everyone who is going, have a blast! If anything like Philly2. You are in for one great concert.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: June 24, 2013 15:57

I'm meeting some old friends downtown for dinner then we are going to the concert. This will be concert number 4 for me, and they seem to sound better with age. My favorite song is Gimme Shelter which I hope they do tonite. Next to that I am thankful to be able to see them preform in person one more time. They are just wonderful.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home