Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fascinating 72' footage
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:08

check from minute 8 on

Re: Fascinating 72' footage
Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:50

That footage has floated around for sometime now... I also believe a cleaned up version is in the "Crossfire Hurricane" Doc... I uploaded this once & it was banned on You Tube... the Stones AT THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST indeed!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:54

Fantastic,this is when they actually "had it",the songs were fresh and the band was rocking,compare it to now,still playing the same old numbers,but sounding nothing like that,sorry for those that missed them at their peak and all they have now is just an oldies Vegas act.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 21, 2013 05:55

they sound great. never heard street fighting man played in that way before.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 21, 2013 06:11

It's the dick cavette footage

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 21, 2013 13:04

ROPENI
Fantastic,this is when they actually "had it",the songs were fresh and the band was rocking,compare it to now,still playing the same old numbers,but sounding nothing like that,sorry for those that missed them at their peak and all they have now is just an oldies Vegas act.....

Stupid comments, sorry. How old are you and what did you do with yur energie in your thirties and what will you do with your energie in your seventies? If you are still around at that time......
For an oldies Vegas act I think the stones are pretty vital......how about you?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 21, 2013 13:16

Working a tiny stage.

Beats striding all over the place.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 21, 2013 15:04

leatherjacket
ROPENI

Stupid comments, sorry. How old are you and what did you do with yur energie in your thirties and what will you do with your energie in your seventies? If you are still around at that time......
LJ,My comment is not stupid, is just my opinion and its just as valid as your points...confused smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: June 21, 2013 15:59

leatherjacket
ROPENI

Stones are vital today? ummmm, no. Cmon, man, its 40 years later!

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 16:30

What a band... Richards, Taylor, Wyman, Watts, Hopkins, Keys and Price, but I prefer the way Mick sings today.

Love this video, piano is crearly audible! Nicky and Keith togheter were one hell of a rhythmic section!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:32

72 was a fantastic time!!! Stone show adventure #128 awaits me tonight in Philly. Can't You Hear me Knockin????? smiling smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:54

leatherjacket
ROPENI

how old are you?
please appreciate the band's greatest period.
you look like a moron if you dont

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:10

did anybody buy the dick cavett show 3 dvd set with that film on it?

Date: June 23, 2013 20:33

Eleanor Rigby
leatherjacket
ROPENI

how old are you?

I do appreciate their greatest period and I do appreciate what they did 50 years ago but I do also very much appreciate what the 70 years old guys (and over) doing now and wouldn't call them an oldies Vegas act.Thats just not fair!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:48

ROPENI

Of course they were really great at that time, what is really sad is that we don't have high-definition multicamera shot recordings and bluray-boxes of those 72/73 tours. (and the same goes for some other tours in the 70s)

But also I think that they don't have to be like that anymore, I like also the modern version of the band, they are just different, the playing is not so virtuous and wild but they still have a lot to give to the audience, they still have a lot of feeling in their playing, Jagger maybe don't jump so much up and down and is not singing or shouting so "aggressively" anymore, but is actually singing in a nicer way or even singing better. I have listened Brussels '73 countless times and I really appreciate the level at which they were capable of playing at that time but I don't even expect them to play like that anymore. But I certainly don't consider them to be a dull Vegas-act either. This Street Fighting Man is one example where Taylor's playing was really something else when they reached their peak and it would be really nice if they would rehearse it with him now that it would be possible and it would be really interesting to hear them play it on this current tour even if it wouldn't be nearly as skillful as 72/73 version.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:49

leatherjacket
Eleanor Rigby
leatherjacket
ROPENI

how old are you?

I do appreciate their greatest period and I do appreciate what they did 50 years ago but I do also very much appreciate what the 70 years old guys (and over) doing now and wouldn't call them an oldies Vegas act.Thats just not fair!

thumbs up

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 23, 2013 21:09

leatherjacket
ROPENI

Anyone that begins with "Stupid comments, sorry" - is, at least in my view- a total freaking a--hole

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 23, 2013 21:09

gripweed
That footage has floated around for sometime now... I also believe a cleaned up version is in the "Crossfire Hurricane" Doc... I uploaded this once & it was banned on You Tube... the Stones AT THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST indeed!

That's downright cruel Grip. I have it since 'ages' on my channel, but please keep it quiet!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 23, 2013 22:23

kleermaker
gripweed

That's downright cruel Grip. I have it since 'ages' on my channel, but please keep it quiet!

Floated around for 'some time'? Ever since video became readily available in the early 80's this was one of the most available clips ever. This has been bootlegged in about 10,000 guises, in just about every format imaginable.

Mathijs

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 23, 2013 22:38

Mathijs
kleermaker
gripweed

Floated around for 'some time'? Ever since video became readily available in the early 80's this was one of the most available clips ever. This has been bootlegged in about 10,000 guises, in just about every format imaginable.
Mathijs

As I said, for "SOME TIME" - I've been collecting rare video since the late 70's and this has been around since then (maybe early 80's)... I only made mention that a CLEANER version (from the Stones?) appears in the "Crossfire Hurricane" Documentary...

Kleer, the you tube police came down HARD on me a few weeks ago & deleted my account, that was strike 2 I wanna say... it took 3 stikes... oh well... life goes on.... and so do my uploads!! thumbs up

Date: June 24, 2013 15:40

hbwriter
leatherjacket
ROPENI

Anyone that begins with "Stupid comments, sorry" - is, at least in my view- a total freaking a--hole

yep, shows very much your attitude if you compare "stupid comments" with "total freaking a--hole". And again the stones aren't and will never be an oldies Vegas act!

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 24, 2013 15:56

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 16:01 by tornnfrayed.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:00

Why are we fighting, why are we fighting.....we don't need to fight now come on...let's everybody just cool out, now......

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:15

Loudei
check from minute 8 on

Mick wipes his hands at the end before grabbing the mic probably thinking "is this the time I get electrocuted".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home