Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Stones @ Verizon Center, Washington DC June 24
Date: May 13, 2013 17:14

The $85 tickets were amazingly easy for me to get. Got them right off the bat. I just hope I end up in a decent section.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:16

LittleRockFitToTop
The $85 tickets were amazingly easy for me to get. Got them right off the bat. I just hope I end up in a decent section.

NICE!
Have a blast!

Posted by: 50AndCounting ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:16

do you have a link? or did you originate from rs.com/tickets?

thanks

Date: May 13, 2013 17:18

50AndCounting

thanks

I just went from rs.com/tickets

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:19

LittleRockFitToTop

Me too. Still in a state of disbelief, but already got my ticketmaster "thank you for your purchase" email. Easiest and fastest Stones ticket score I've ever had! First window, no refresh, boom. For luck, I had on a boot of my first Stones show playing in the background.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:19

LittleRockFitToTop

Me too, working with some friends, we have six $85 tickets! Really looking forward to this one. I live 30 minutes from DC and know the area around the verizon center well.

Who wants to plan the party!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:20

LittleRockFitToTop
50AndCounting

thanks

I just went from rs.com/tickets

That's what I did too.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:21

LittleRockFitToTop

Yes, it was 1st try. Yeah! After getting almost the worst possible $85 seats in Las Vegas, I'll hope my luck will change for WAS. Couldn't stand the thought of being in the rafters for Vegas, so we left the arena and bought good LL seats.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:24

latebloomer
Tickets on sale through ticketmaster, including $85 ones, this morning at 10am eastern.

Good luck, everyone!

Was offered two, but could not complete the transaction because GUESS WHAT ??????????????????????

TICKETMASTER USA does not cater to people that do not live in the USA and therefore cannot quote a N American ZIP CODE as part of the credit card billing address ???????????????????????

FFS (that stands "for f**ks sake" in case anyone was wondering) ......... when will TICKETMASTER USA join the 21st Century ? Take your time a**holes, no rush ........... any time in the next 50 years will suffice !! Rumour has it they've invented the passenger jet, and people have been known to fly in from strange lands overseas for the odd show !!

TWATS !!

F**k it all, I'll stick with Hyde Park ............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 13, 2013 17:30

paulywaul
latebloomer
Tickets on sale through ticketmaster, including $85 ones, this morning at 10am eastern.

Good luck, everyone!

Was offered two, but could not complete the transaction because GUESS WHAT ??????????????????????

TICKETMASTER USA does not cater to people that do not live in the USA and therefore cannot quote a N American ZIP CODE as part of the credit card billing address ???????????????????????

FFS (that stands "for f**ks sake" in case anyone was wondering) ......... when will TICKETMASTER USA join the 21st Century ? Take your time a**holes, no rush ........... any time in the next 50 years will suffice !! Rumour has it they've invented the passenger jet, and people have been known to fly in from strange lands overseas for the odd show !!

TWATS !!

That sucks, paulywaul. I may have two extras, I'll let people here know if I can't use them.

Date: May 13, 2013 17:50

latebloomer
paulywaul
latebloomer

Good luck, everyone!

TWATS !!

That sucks, paulywaul. I may have two extras, I'll let people here know if I can't use them.

Yes it does suck, because now it would appear they're all gone (there's a surprise huh ?). However, once I gave up searching, I did look into my TM USA account, and lo and behold (even I've changed nothing since I set up the account with TM USA years ago) - there now IS an option to stipulate that you're not a US resident. If you select that, it then does away with the U.S. postal address format, and allows you to put in for example what we have in the U.K. - POSTCODES. They're a string of "alphanumerics", so not the same format as the American ZIP CODE.

I've modified all my billing details and so on, but obviously too late for $85 tickets for this particular show. O well ........ maybe next time !!

Posted by: piet ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:55

Sorry Paulywaul, but for once I have to defend ticketmaster:

Under "Select Delivery Method" there are three tabs: "USA, Canada and Other Country", USA being the default Option. After selecting "Other Country" and "Continue" you can enter all relevant data.

I live in Germany and luckily got two of the 85s, after having tried in vain for several other cities.

Sorry for you that it didn't work out! I know what it feels like.

Date: May 13, 2013 17:55

Keep trying, some people here have gotten them a few hours later as more tickets are added or thrown back to ticketmaster.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:05

total bullshit !!!!!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:17

latebloomer
paulywaul
latebloomer

Good luck, everyone!

TWATS !!

you're gonna twist my arm to come out there and go to the show with you, aren't you? i saw this coming....

Date: May 13, 2013 18:26

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
paulywaul
latebloomer

Good luck, everyone!

TWATS !!

you're gonna twist my arm to come out there and go to the show with you, aren't you? i saw this coming....

Sure GRNRBITW, I'm bringing all my kids and I know how much you love children. I'm counting on you to watch them for me.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:40

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
paulywaul
latebloomer

Good luck, everyone!

TWATS !!

Sure GRNRBITW, I'm bringing all my kids and I know how much you love children. I'm counting on you to watch them for me.

i don't mind children, unless their mine. what kind of whiskey do your kids like?

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:42

Shut out on the $85 tickets again. You guys are so lucky. My home town and no affordable tickets. Enjoy the show people.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:45

Same here. and I work 1/2 mile away from the Verizon Center... such a bummer

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:45

Took me three tries, but I got a pair of $85s in the pit.

Date: May 13, 2013 18:48

Hillarious.....

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:55

Mel Belli
Took me three tries, but I got a pair of $85s in the pit.

How do you know they're in the pit? I thought you didn't know the location until you showed up.

I live in the DC area and unfortunately got caught up in a meeting that ran past 10. I was shut out of the $85.00 tix. I'll be there, but don't know quite yet how much I'll pay. I'm betting I'll score the 85 tix at some point, or I'll go down and deal with scalpers the day of the show.

MrMonte

Date: May 13, 2013 18:56

piet
Sorry Paulywaul, but for once I have to defend ticketmaster:

Under "Select Delivery Method" there are three tabs: "USA, Canada and Other Country", USA being the default Option. After selecting "Other Country" and "Continue" you can enter all relevant data.

I live in Germany and luckily got two of the 85s, after having tried in vain for several other cities.

Sorry for you that it didn't work out! I know what it feels like.

Yes, I discovered this too late. The strange thing is though, is that I set up this Ticketmaster USA account in 2005 for the ABB shows, and at that time I WAS registered as a U.S. resident, and yet there also WAS a facility to type in a NON U.S. billing address.

But, in retrospect, I should have once checked this before trying to buy tickets, instead of blindly assuming that something I set up 8 years ago and that worked THEN ......... would still do so NOW !!

O well, live & learn .......... !

Date: May 13, 2013 18:58

He does not know, he is just trying to be funny.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:02

Got $85's right at 10am, quickest tickets ever. Stonesdoug and I will see you there

OLDKR

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:03

My son was able to grab a pair of $85 tix for himself and his brother right at 10:00. My youngest son and I were willing to pay the price for Sec 1, 2, or 3. 90% of the searches returned "nothing available" on the floor. Occasionally something would pop up in 4,5,or 6. Then I got locked out. FORBIDDEN in TM's words. Called the 800 number and they offered me 4, 5, or 6. Nothing in 1,2,3. They told me I was locked out online for 24 hours for "trying too many times." I went to town to use a wifi spot and Section 1 popped up so I grabbed it. After the purchase, better rows started appearing of course. Happy to have tickets, but a frustrating experience overall. I still can't access my account to print my tickets. Arghh, I mean Grrr...

Posted by: dcfan1 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 06:41

So...I am one of the lucky ones who got two $85 seats. Could be a dream come true.

My receipt says "Section: GENADM Description: Price Level 5 GA Standing"

I think this means I'm in the Tongue Pit because I don't think there are any other standing seats at the Verizon Center. Do any of you have any insights on this?

For the other who got $85 seats, does your ticket say the same thing or something different?

MANY THANKS!

dcfan1

Date: May 14, 2013 07:35

dcfan1
So...I am one of the lucky ones who got two $85 seats. Could be a dream come true.

My receipt says "Section: GENADM Description: Price Level 5 GA Standing"

I think this means I'm in the Tongue Pit because I don't think there are any other standing seats at the Verizon Center. Do any of you have any insights on this?

For the other who got $85 seats, does your ticket say the same thing or something different?

MANY THANKS!

dcfan1

This has only been explained a thousand times already, so here it is again for the 1001st time .............. it doesn't matter what it says on the ticket at the time of purchase, it only matters where you are told you are sitting/standing on the day of the show when you are actually issued with your tickets.

What it says on the ticket at the time you buy it is therefore irrelevant, it's just a meaningless default print setting - the actual location you will be occupying on the day is only decided on the day of the show itself.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 08:46

pauly, sorry one more time I didn't get it after you wrote "this has only been explained a thousand times..." Thanks dude.

Date: May 14, 2013 17:13

whitem8
pauly, sorry one more time I didn't get it after you wrote "this has only been explained a thousand times..." Thanks dude.

I don't speak from experience, because (a) I'm not as yet going to any of the States' shows, and (b) haven't bought any of these $85 tickets ........ so I was merely reiterating what must have been covered a thousand times already in countless threads to date. But when you consider the extent to which www.rollingstones.com has publicised the fact that no-one knows where they're siting/standing until they actually pick up the tickets on the day, I'd have thought it would by and large be abundantly clear to anyone buying these things that precisely what it may or may not say on the ticket or the e-mail confirmation (i.e. GA this or GA that) means NOTHING, it is entirely irrelevant. How many times has the question been asked in various threads ? LOTS. How many times has it been answered ? LOTS.

But hey, if you need reminding for the 1002nd time, read the above-paragraph !!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home