Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Next generation of Rolling Stones fan
Posted by: Wwatkins ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:37

Hi,
My name is Bill Watkins and I live outside of Philadelphia. I have three teenagers 14,15,16 years of age. I writing because over the years I have turned them on to the Rolling Stones which they have come to appreciate, however due to the high cost of tickets I'm unable to take them to the concert scheduled in Philadelphia this year. I'm not sure if the band looks toward the next generation of kids to carry on the appreciation of what I believe is the greatest band of the last 50 years and of all time, but I would appreciate anything you could do to help me afford to take my kids to the concert.
I reside at
8 bakers drive
Washington Crossing , pa 18977

Long live Rolling Stones and thanks for the great music you have provided over the years

Re: Next generation of Rolling Stones fan
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:40

Bill, I think the first thing I can do to help is advise you remove your personal address from your post using the edit function.

Then wait for a reply to your request.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:46

Yeah, something about this just doesn't feel right...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:47

Munichhilton
Bill, I think the first thing I can do to help is advise you remove your personal address from your post using the edit function.

before he does that - could we get a floorplan that includes where all the kids' rooms are?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:49

Wwatkins
I would appreciate anything you could do to help me afford to take my kids to the concert.
I'm confused. Are you looking for a job?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:50

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton

before he does that - could we get a floorplan that includes where all the kids' rooms are?

I read this and was expecting an address in Nigeria?

Date: May 6, 2013 20:53

[www.zillow.com]

8 Bakers Dr, Washington Crossing, PA 18977

Last Sold:Aug 2007 for $570,000

Ok, buddy... get this con man outta here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 20:53 by Tonyz.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:55

it's certainly a helluva way to premier yourself on IORR.

I'll note that while he's published his address, he's kept his email hidden.

That way he'll at least be safe on the internet, if not in real life.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:55

Tonyz
[www.zillow.com]

8 Bakers Dr, Washington Crossing, PA 18977

Last Sold:Aug 2007 for $570,000

Ok, buddy... get this con man outta here.

but he's underwater by about $80000

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:56

My feeling is, that Bill is not used to the usual wise asses on this board.
Bill, as far as looking for $ for a concert on a message board, you sound desperate. I feel for you. I do. My extra $ ( in no particular order) is going to the Boston Marathon victims, Cancer, Heart Disease, and the ASPCA.

Date: May 6, 2013 20:56

What a scumbag.

Date: May 6, 2013 20:57

steverogan

(He's not really looking for money for a concert with his kids... he's a conman trying to make an easy buck.)

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:00

Are you asking for donations?? Hate to break it to you, but a lot of folks are in the same financial boat these days...kids or not.

It's going to be very different for the next generation of fans, if there is an active one at all. Depending on our ages, many of us here have been fortunate enough to see the band in concert multiple times over the past ten, twenty, thirty, forty or fifty years...for the next generation of kids, it will be much more difficult to "carry on the appreciation" without the decades of live performances that accompanied us from the teenage years to adulthood and beyond.

Date: May 6, 2013 21:06

before we turn this down, can we get some nice pix of the kids?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:06

Strange there hasn't been more of these money-requests on IORR, made by new posters.
People on the streets these days must think that us "hardcore Rolling Stones fans" posting on IORR are all wealthy SOBs sitting in the VIP lounge; some kind of elite club

Date: May 6, 2013 21:07

Like if it was a David Trump messageboard of "friends of Prince Charles club"

Date: May 6, 2013 21:08

Friends of Prince Charles.....hmmm, is there such a club?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:10

Erik_Snow
Strange there hasn't been more of these money-requests on IORR, made by new posters.
People on the streets these days must think that us "hardcore Rolling Stones fans" posting on IORR are all wealthy SOBs sitting in the VIP lounge; some kind of elite club

I saw one a while back on the Pearl Jam message board. Only he was making it sound like he couldn't afford to buy food for his kids. He wasn't too bright though, right after he posted that he inquired about buying some show posters in another thread. And the website he set up for donations was called "MakeMeAMillionaire.com" or something like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 21:10 by NoCode0680.

Date: May 6, 2013 21:13

NoCode0680
Erik_Snow

I saw one a while back on the Pearl Jam message board. Only he was making it sound like he couldn't afford to buy food for his kids. He wasn't too bright though, right after he posted that he inquired about buying some show posters in another thread. And the website he set up for donations was called "MakeMeAMillionaire.com" or something like that.

That was me. I was so eager to get the Exile Super deluxe briefcase, and the Brussels 73 box set....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:20

Wwatkins
Hi,
My name is Bill Watkins and I live outside of Philadelphia. I have three teenagers 14,15,16 years of age. I writing because over the years I have turned them on to the Rolling Stones which they have come to appreciate, however due to the high cost of tickets I'm unable to take them to the concert scheduled in Philadelphia this year. I'm not sure if the band looks toward the next generation of kids to carry on the appreciation of what I believe is the greatest band of the last 50 years and of all time, but I would appreciate anything you could do to help me afford to take my kids to the concert.
I reside at
8 bakers drive
Washington Crossing , pa 18977

Long live Rolling Stones and thanks for the great music you have provided over the years

William,
You should have them watch the all of videos of the "Concert in Youtube videos thread", and they will get the idea. They are old enough now to get jobs, this could be a good life lesson.... get them motivated, get jobs, EARN money, save some money, spend some on concerts, leave you at home, go to concerts with friends, live happily ever after.

Date: May 6, 2013 21:25

By the time I was 12 I was mowing grass and shoveling snow to make money... it is time to get those kids out there EARNING, NOT BEGGING!

STEP ONE- UNPLUG THE XBOX!
STEP TWO- TURN OFF TV

STEP THREE [philadelphia.craigslist.org]

Date: May 6, 2013 21:27

Tonyz
steverogan

(He's not really looking for money for a concert with his kids... he's a conman trying to make an easy buck.)
He's a "conman"? Please support your claim with facts... do you know this guy or are you one of the "wiseasses" to whom I referred?

Date: May 6, 2013 21:30

Max'sKansasCity
By the time I was 12 I was mowing grass and shoveling snow to make money... it is time to get those kids out there EARNING, NOT BEGGING!

same here. my dad told at that age to keep my hands off his brewskies and to get a job to buy my own. he was always good with advice like that....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:35

steverogan
Tonyz
steverogan

He's a "conman"? Please support your claim with facts... do you know this guy or are you one of the "wiseasses" to whom I referred?

steve...i'm the wiseass to which you refer and you know that...stop horsing around

Date: May 6, 2013 21:36

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

same here. my dad told at that age to keep my hands off his brewskies and to get a job to buy my own. he was always good with advice like that....

Yup, those were the days.... back when one could make a deal outside the liquor store... where one could offer to buy a legal person a six pack if they would buy one a sixer.... and they could say yes, without worry. Those were days... not to mention $5.00 concert tickets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 21:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:46

steverogan
Tonyz
steverogan

I don't like doing this, but this guy put himself out there, and I don't like the idea of somebody around here getting scammed. Even the one's I don't like.

This is his neighborhood. One of the houses with the marked price on Bakers is his, I won't say which one. It can easily be found out.

Just having a nice house doesn't mean he's flush with cash, but he's doing better than he's letting on. Or just living well beyond his means.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 21:52 by NoCode0680.

Date: May 6, 2013 21:47

Exactly, if this guy's real... he bought his house in 2007 for $570,000. So who the hell is he to ask for money?

Date: May 6, 2013 21:48

NoCode0680
steverogan
Tonyz
steverogan

I don't like doing this, but this guy put himself out there, and I don't like the idea of somebody around here getting scammed. Even the one's I don't like.

This is his neighborhood. One of the houses with the marked price on Bakers is his, I won't say which one. It can easily be found out.

Just having a nice house doesn't mean he's flush with cash, but he's doing better than he's letting on. Or just living well beyond his means.

IF in fact this is the posters residence and you decided to put it online be preapred for a visit from law authorities.. Post where I live and be prepared for a visit from the FBI and my lawyer who will stick the judicial system and a large lawsuit up your ass

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 6, 2013 21:49

When I was 16 I bought a ticket to Les Abbatoirs and made my way there from the UK alone. Paid for by my doing odd jobs for neighbours and a paper round. If they want to see the Stones tell em to earn some money to do it...FFS

Date: May 6, 2013 21:49

As a rule of thumb, never give anyone here money (or anything) unless they have at least 5 years tenure plus 5000 posts... at that point, at least they have been putting in some effort.... and yeah, sorry to the old posters with new names, but rules are rules of thumb.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home