Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:51

I would rather hear a Brown Sugar or Gimme Shelter than a Satisfaction in terms of an MT participation.

How about one of those versions where they critics complain "MT solos the whole song...too much soloing!"

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:57

RobertJohnson
I' m very satisfied and pleased so far, but we want Mick Taylor on more than four songs, please. Maybe on the entire set. And we want him on the next album on more than four songs, please.

Nope. Not even one song. I love Mick Taylor but he belongs to another era. The Rolling Stones are Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:08

TimeIs
RobertJohnson
I' m very satisfied and pleased so far, but we want Mick Taylor on more than four songs, please. Maybe on the entire set. And we want him on the next album on more than four songs, please.

Nope. Not even one song. I love Mick Taylor but he belongs to another era. The Rolling Stones are Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood.

Well, you should be very satisfied because we just had 20 years of precisely that. Let the rest of us enjoy our moment.

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:08

....but not a member of the band for almost 40 years. I much prefer the band live with the focus on Keith and Ronnie where it belongs, not on a guest "soloist". I'm flying to Chicago to catch the Stones for about the 30th time and really hope I don't have to sit through 4 songs with M.T. in the spotlight.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:09

TimeIs
RobertJohnson

Most of the songs they're playing belong to another era as well. I love Ronnie too, and acknowledge the reality of the present band membership, but this isn't Menudo. If Brian Jones were alive (and well), I'd wish to see him on a few numbers as well.

Date: May 22, 2013 04:14

rtr
....but not a member of the band for almost 40 years. I much prefer the band live with the focus on Keith and Ronnie where it belongs, not on a guest "soloist". I'm flying to Chicago to catch the Stones for about the 30th time and really hope I don't have to sit through 4 songs with M.T. in the spotlight.

"where it belongs"? Glad it isn't you making that decision for us. But I hope the show won't be ruined for you by a guy who actually played in the Rolling Stones. Perhaps Dave Mathews or Gwen Stefani are more to your liking.

Date: May 22, 2013 04:15

I'd much rather hear Ronnie than M.T. I want to hear the interplay of the Stones that I've enjoyed live 30 times. I really don't want to hear Keith and Ronnie backing M.T., especially on more than one song.

Date: May 22, 2013 04:16

rtr
I'd much rather hear Ronnie than M.T. I want to hear the interplay of the Stones that I've enjoyed live 30 times. I really don't want to hear Keith and Ronnie backing M.T., especially on more than one song.

Yes, I think you made that clear. Again, you've had twenty years to enjoy just that. Consider yourself lucky. For some of the rest of us it's been torture waiting for the prodigal son to return. But we had faith and it finally happened, praise Jesus. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 04:20 by 71Tele.

Date: May 22, 2013 04:26

Sorry you have not enjoyed the band live for over 40 years. I saw them in '69 and '72 and Taylor already sounded like a guest.

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:30

PhillyFAN
WOW! Mick Taylor back playing with the Stones! KR once said "he was the only man to leave the Rolling Stones and live". Wyman being the second. The audience went wild after CYHMK and Jagger was really into it. Just judging by the You Tube video. I am sure he will be used throughout the remainder of the tour!!! Yay!!!

Seriously!! like all of them were laugh and smiles, it was one of the most raw awesome videos i've ever seen

Date: May 22, 2013 04:34

M.T. over plays and is overrated. Keith and Ronnie should not be backing this guy up. What a slap in their faces.

Date: May 22, 2013 04:54

rtr
Sorry you have not enjoyed the band live for over 40 years. I saw them in '69 and '72 and Taylor already sounded like a guest.

Again, we know where you stand. I don't want to stand anywhere near you, mind you, but we know where you stand. Cheers.

Date: May 22, 2013 04:58

rtr
M.T. over plays and is overrated. Keith and Ronnie should not be backing this guy up. What a slap in their faces.

You are an idiot. Tell me a better "back and forth" than KR and MT in Sympathy for the Devil on GYYA???

So you saw them in 1969, huh? So you are like 65+ years old on a message board ranking on MT? I think you be crappin, my son.

Date: May 22, 2013 05:02

Ronnie plays like a true member of a band, adding to, interacting with, and supporting the moment and the other members. Taylor has always played like a soloist, with no "edge" and an inability to play rhythm and "weave" with Keith's playing. M.T. lucked out and played on some great material 40 years ago.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:06

71Tele
rtr

Again, we know where you stand. I don't want to stand anywhere near you, mind you, but we know where you stand. Cheers.

I appreciate where your coming from. I think the 4 songs are about right. As a soloist MT adds a different dimension, but he is somewhat limited as a musician and frankly, in his time it wasn't always for the better. I have mentioned before, listen to Dice from 72' and tell me that is better than what Ronnie and Keith do with it. Every song doesn't call for a thousand clean notes.......time and place.

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:11

The impact of Taylors sound on the band is remarkable. His live performances on the 69, 70, 71, and especially 73(Hawaii, Australia, Europe) were nothing short of sensational.
Listen to the Stones sound on the 75 tour vs "a brussels affair" 2 short years earlier. The tightness of the sound and the virtuosity is gone. Ron Wood sounds sloppy and off key. The whole notion of 'the ancient art of guitar weaving" between Wood and Keith is pure myth. Its a nice way of saying you will never hear a creative solo from Ron Wood. If you want to hear the ancient art of guitar weaving from the stones listen to Ventilator Blues from the 1972 tour rehersals in Dallas. No one is soling-Keith and MT are just bouncing riffs off one another. Awsome.
I hope they expand(even just for a couple of shows) MT's stage presence on this tour. I like how MT is changing the riffs he is playing on Midnight Rambler vs the first London shows.

Date: May 22, 2013 05:13

kpl
The impact of Taylors sound on the band is remarkable. His live performances on the 69, 70, 71, and especially 73(Hawaii, Australia, Europe) were nothing short of sensational.
Listen to the Stones sound on the 75 tour vs "a brussels affair" 2 short years earlier. The tightness of the sound and the virtuosity is gone. Ron Wood sounds sloppy and off key. The whole notion of 'the ancient art of guitar weaving" between Wood and Keith is pure myth. Its a nice way of saying you will never hear a creative solo from Ron Wood. If you want to hear the ancient art of guitar weaving from the stones listen to Ventilator Blues from the 1972 tour rehersals in Dallas. No one is soling-Keith and MT are just bouncing riffs off one another. Awsome.
I hope they expand(even just for a couple of shows) MT's stage presence on this tour. I like how MT is changing the riffs he is playing on Midnight Rambler vs the first London shows.

That's all true above. Even MT and KR admit same. Sigh - some on this board are now trying to claim they were at these great shows and MT sucked even then...

Posted by: buffalo81 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:16

71Tele
rtr

Yes, I think you made that clear. Again, you've had twenty years to enjoy just that. Consider yourself lucky. For some of the rest of us it's been torture waiting for the prodigal son to return. But we had faith and it finally happened, praise Jesus. smoking smiley
Amen.

Date: May 22, 2013 05:29

I think MT has brought some soul to this tour. He is no longer a side show.

Still the Stones are MJ and KR at the heart but they have let this finally be more than about them. All of them seem to be having a great time.

Date: May 22, 2013 05:52

WTF?

Date: May 22, 2013 06:00

Thrylan
71Tele
rtr

I appreciate where your coming from. I think the 4 songs are about right. As a soloist MT adds a different dimension, but he is somewhat limited as a musician and frankly, in his time it wasn't always for the better. I have mentioned before, listen to Dice from 72' and tell me that is better than what Ronnie and Keith do with it. Every song doesn't call for a thousand clean notes.......time and place.

OK. I just listened to it. It's a thousand times better in '72.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:19

duffydawg
rtr

You are an idiot. Tell me a better "back and forth" than KR and MT in Sympathy for the Devil on GYYA???

So you saw them in 1969, huh? So you are like 65+ years old on a message board ranking on MT? I think you be crappin, my son.

Music is a matter of opinion. I agree with you that MT's contribution to the Stones' catalog is immeasurable. The guy to whom you are responding is not necessarily an idiot. People have the right not to like music that I love. But you are correct in that it is inexplicable for one to call themselves a fan of the Rolling Stones and hold that opinion of mick Taylor. . to not recognize the contributions you pointed out, and many others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 06:20 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:19

71Tele
Thrylan
71Tele
rtr

Wow, there is a reason Keith wiped his Dice leads on the record and redid them. I am not trying to kill MT, but he is not the answer for everything. We can agree to disagree; I LOVE Ladies and Gentlemen, but there are some things that I think are well served by Keith or Ronnies style. To me, the one of the largest impacts MT had, was on Keith, he did push him. Many people on here think Bitch is a MT song, I think Keith on Bitch and Bye Bye Johny are two of the hottest moments. Keith cant be MT, and MT isn't Keith, but thats just me.

Date: May 22, 2013 06:38

Thrylan
71Tele
Thrylan
71Tele
rtr

Wow, there is a reason Keith wiped his Dice leads on the record and redid them. I am not trying to kill MT, but he is not the answer for everything. We can agree to disagree; I LOVE Ladies and Gentlemen, but there are some things that I think are well served by Keith or Ronnies style. To me, the one of the largest impacts MT had, was on Keith, he did push him. Many people on here think Bitch is a MT song, I think Keith on Bitch and Bye Bye Johny are two of the hottest moments. Keith cant be MT, and MT isn't Keith, but thats just me.

Ah, but that is a very different argument. You stated that TD was better with Keith and Ronnie. Now you are saying it's better on the record (which Ronnie isn't on of course) with keith playing lead rather than Taylor. maybe it is. I haven't heard the allegedly wiped Taylor part. However, Taylor played bass on TD, a signature part of the song, countering people like you who only think Taylor was a soloist in the Stones. That is simply factually untrue, even from a guitar-only perspective, or have you not heard Ya Yas?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:51

Rokyfan
duffydawg
rtr

Music is a matter of opinion. I agree with you that MT's contribution to the Stones' catalog is immeasurable. The guy to whom you are responding is not necessarily an idiot. People have the right not to like music that I love. But you are correct in that it is inexplicable for one to call themselves a fan of the Rolling Stones and hold that opinion of mick Taylor. . to not recognize the contributions you pointed out, and many others.

this "rtr' fellow is just a TROLL... he signed up "today"... probably been BANNED many times already... ignore him and he will go away

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:53

Thrylan/71Tele - I have to agree with 71 for the most part about TD. The version of Tumbling Dice on Brussels is about the hottest thing the Stones have ever done and MT is sublime on that. MT and Keith trading solos and Keith laying down the rythyms for MT to play off of in the early seventies was the Stones at their best.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:09

rtr, you are such a whiner. You are one of those people who can't stand change because you are too scared and insecure for it. Oh no, Mick Taylor is playing with the Stones again! Oh my God, I'm having a panic attack! How dare Mick Taylor come back and enjoy himself while the rest of the Stones and thousands of fans enjoy hearing him play with them also.

You really are selfish and self-centered. All you care about is yourself. You're like a turd (troll) on the run.

This is one of the best Stones tours since the 70's!

Mick Taylor is once again playing some songs with the band. It's a dream come true!

BTW, has the latest Los Angeles show surfaced yet? I can't wait to hear all those songs with Mick Taylor!

Date: May 22, 2013 07:09

I'm an idiot because I don't have the same reverential opinion of M.T. as Duffydawg? I'm "crappin'"?? Gee, thanks for enlightening me to the fact that instead of enjoying the last 40 years of shows and boots, I should have been resenting R.W. and unappreciative of his contributions to the Stones' energy, sound and live shows. I'm from the school that thinks his solos were not that great, did not even fit the Stones attitude and sound, and are currently a distraction live. One song is plenty. To me, he is just a small blip in the Stones' 50 years, along with the "non-Stones" who played on Black 'n Blue. I have been a fan since I bought their first album in '64 and have travelled the country to catch them through the years. I never once thought "if only Mick Taylor were here to save the day". To me, his contributions are overrated. That is just my opinion.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:12

bv
I was hoping for may be two or even three songs with Mick Taylor, but they did only fit him in for one song at the Staples show last night. This is the "WE WANT MORE MICK TAYLOR" on stage thread ... but please do NOT misunderstand, nothing wrong with Ronnie!

All "We want more Mick Taylor" threads will be merged in here, as there are already many around!

Los Angeles May 20 - Staples-2: Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!
MT on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking + also Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction!
We love it and we are crossing our fingers for the East Coast shows!

WELL SAID !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 22, 2013 07:17

gripweed
Rokyfan
duffydawg
rtr

this "rtr' fellow is just a TROLL... he signed up "today"... probably been BANNED many times already... ignore him and he will go away

I know. I have a pretty good idea who it is too.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home