Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 105
Re: I like that Mick T is only playing one song
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 21:52

Beef bucket snaps.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:37

Beast of Babylon
I dont actually, i just wanted to see the responses i would get

Then you better start a thread titled: I want Taylor not to play at all

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:20

I want Mick Jagger to play only one song...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:23

Hardly south peaches.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:23

Imagine - consert just one song - a two hour Midnight Rambler jam.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:26

mtaylor
Imagine - consert just one song - a two hour Midnight Rambler jam.

I kid you not -- I would enjoy that more than their usual concerts. Just to hear something new. And to hear Mick T for two hours. Admittedly, I'd be sick of it by the end.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:19

His music made an impact on many people. In the end, that's all you can ask from life. To say someone lives on in their art that continues to be appreciated is not a maudlin cliche but the truth.

(somehow this was meant for the Ray Manzarek thread and ended up here, but I'll just leave it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 03:45 by Rokyfan.

Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:38

He single handedly elevated the Stones into a guitar driven band and brought the best out of all of them musically. Without Mick Taylor, the Stones would not have been the greatest band of their generation. He got them back on tour in 69 and the rest is history.Taylor was as gifted as any other player of that generation , but unfortunately was denied credit by Mick/Keith and driven from the band.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:42

Brstonesfan
He single handedly elevated the Stones into a guitar driven band and brought the best out of all of them musically. Without Mick Taylor, the Stones would not have been the greatest band of their generation. He got them back on tour in 69 and the rest is history.Taylor was as gifted as any other player of that generation , but unfortunately was denied credit by Mick/Keith and driven from the band.

Or...

We could believe him and talk about his growing heroin addiction that he believed would cost him his life if he
stayed.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:47

Drugs harmed MT, the band was way too lazy back then to want him to quit.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 21, 2013 08:44

Holy shit - they have heard us - Mick T on several songs.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:12

mtaylor
Holy shit - they have heard us - Mick T on several songs.
I'm @#$%& speechless. I assumed it would happen by my Philly show since it was so late in the tour, but its just weird seeing it actually happening. I'm in love.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:13

Thanks bv, for posting this thread. Whether it had an impact or not, I don't know, but it was a very cool thing to do. I like to think that it made a difference.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:17

Yes very cool! Very cool indeed. Thanks boys!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:17

Munichhilton
I want Mick Jagger to play only one song...

Which one?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:20

I like that Mick T is only playing one song....(wait for it..)... at a time. Because trying to play 3 songs at the very same time would be difficult as hell!

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:24

Maybe Mick Taylor earned his way to those extra two songs tonight. He's been doing an excellent job on MR. I'm also not sure he'll be doing this many songs on the tour again for a while, at least. It's the fourth show in the same market so they had to add some variety to the set list.

Still, nice to see an actual Rolling Stone emeritus get the special guest spot all to himself instead of sharing the evening with some LA-based celebrity.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:58

songs with Taylor, I'm so @#$%& happy ! Can't wait Sway and CYHMK videos !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:58

Los Angeles May 20 - Staples-2: Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!
MT on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking + also Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction!
We love it and we are crossing our fingers for the East Coast shows!

Bjornulf

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 01:09 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:02

Yeah, don't how much "we" had an impact, but to me this whole thread has been dreams and hopes... there was some depression lately, after the surprising new hope with "Satisfaction" had gone, but tonight - for us in this part of the world: last night - we got we were hoping for!

Thank you very much for anyone here involved and sharing the hope, and especially I am grateful for BV for starting this thread, and keeping it sticky. BV is not any kind of "Taylorite" as far as I have noticed, but he saw the historical significance this opportunity has.

And not the least: thank you The Rolling Stones for making this celebrational tour an expectional in very hard-core fan sense.

smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: May 21, 2013 10:07

Rokyfan
His music made an impact on many people. In the end, that's all you can ask from life. To say someone lives on in their art that continues to be appreciated is not a maudlin cliche but the truth.

(somehow this was meant for the Ray Manzarek thread and ended up here, but I'll just leave it)

It suits here as well... thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:50

bv
MT on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking + also Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction!

And for HydePark, too!!!! thumbs up

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:52

so, time waits for no one is left, isn´t it?

Date: May 21, 2013 10:54

muenke
bv

And for HydePark, too!!!! thumbs up

Yeah, I had my plans to take it calmly and just enjoy the whole thing from a distance, but now it starts to look like I need to go early and fight my way to FOS...

- Doxa

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:09

Just to clear up any misunderstandings. I saw the Rolling Stones live first time in 1973 - with Mick Taylor. I have been following Mick Taylor on his solo tours and shows numerous times over the years, ever since he left. In many countries. I respect Mick Taylor. And I respect Ronnie Wood. I am NOT one of those who want Mick Taylor to replace Ronnie. Still you can hear the moment Mick Taylor is on stage he is there, because his style and playing is unique.

That is why I one time many years ago saw Mick Taylor two times live in Denmark on the same day. Spent a lot of time on train and travel that day. Can't get enough! First by the sea in Copenhagen, open air, middle of the day. Then later in the evening in the north of Denmark, at a festival. Both shows great, both time great to see his style and his passion for the guitar and the blues.

Having Mick Taylor as a guest on a few selected songs where he can shine and give us his special style is just fantastic, a true treat for Stones fans, but I want Ronnie on stage for all of the show. Ronnie is as important for the Stones as Mick, Keith and Charlie.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:15

marianna
Maybe Mick Taylor earned his way to those extra two songs tonight. He's been doing an excellent job on MR. I'm also not sure he'll be doing this many songs on the tour again for a while, at least. It's the fourth show in the same market so they had to add some variety to the set list.

Still, nice to see an actual Rolling Stone emeritus get the special guest spot all to himself instead of sharing the evening with some LA-based celebrity.

thumbs up

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:17

bluesinc.

Hey, let's be realistic here...
(at least a little bit!)

Date: May 21, 2013 11:25

rollingon
bluesinc.

Hey, let's be realistic here...
(at least a little bit!)

The term "realism" has not much value these days!>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Date: May 21, 2013 11:38

And thanks BV for clearing out your stance. I think it is similar to most of us taking part to the "more Taylor campaign". Ronnie belongs to the furniture and there is no any justified realistic or idealistic reason to doubt his position. Taylor is extra, which is giving something unique to the band now, and, for example, makes a fan like me excited. The old and many times stupid Taylor-Wood controversies do not have any role here.

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home