Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:40

JumpinJackOLantern
drbryant
Well, I have no idea if this thread had any impact at all, but who knows? Good job BV for making this a sticky, and thanks for all of the fans posting. It might have been partly responsible for what happened in LA last night.

It's certainly not a reach to think that it did. I believe it did, but does it really matter at this point? The bottom line is we are getting more Mick Taylor. Whether it was this thread, or positive energy vibes traveling through the airwaves straight to Mick's brain, or if it had been planned all along, makes no difference. One has to wonder though, if it had been planned all along why wasn't he included in more songs from the outset? After all, they had plenty of time to rehearse more than one song (with MT) prior to this leg of the tour. No, it is more logical to think that the fans made the difference here. Nothing new, really. At least in recent times. They seem to be listening much more to their fans these days.

For once I think you might be right.

Posted by: Airwavesflow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:49

moonlight mile with MT when I'm at the DC show Dreams sometimes do come true!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:53

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Ceased to exist, or ceased to be your favourite band(s)? winking smiley

Due to the loss of founding members they ceased to exist in the form that made them my favourites. grinning smiley

HM, any thoughts on Sway and CYHMN from last night?

Posted by: Mojoryder ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:57

I've been a keen follower of iorr.org for many years ... dating back to the B2B tour I think, but I've never posted before, because internet debating is a complete time waster in my mind, however I feel strongly enough about this topic that I gotta say something
The ONLY reason I am forking out $1300 for a pair of tickets to see the Stones in Toronto this week is a chance to see Mick Taylor perform with the band. They would have to be 30% that price for me to go see them otherwise (and no, I love Ronnie ... but I've already seen them ten times with him) ... I DO NOT want to see "special guests", not even Dave Grohl, especially not Katy Perry (really???), however I would make an exception for a giant like Bruce Springsteen ... I'm paying about $60 a song for a pair of tickets, please don't ram a pop idol down my throat in an effort to appear current ... you don't have to. I'm dreading they invite someone like Bieber to this week's TO show, 'cause it's his hometown. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY OF THESE PEOPLE, only Mick Taylor thank you very much. I was thrilled to see the setlist last night ... no pop idols .. just MT ... I've been saying since the beginning if they only added "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" to "Rambler", I would be thrilled ... but the added bonus of "SWAY"???? Holy crap!!! This gives me renewed optimism for Saturday's Toronto show ... here's hoping!!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:58

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 01:12 by His Majesty.

Date: May 21, 2013 20:06

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
drbryant
Well, I have no idea if this thread had any impact at all, but who knows? Good job BV for making this a sticky, and thanks for all of the fans posting. It might have been partly responsible for what happened in LA last night.

It's certainly not a reach to think that it did. I believe it did, but does it really matter at this point? The bottom line is we are getting more Mick Taylor. Whether it was this thread, or positive energy vibes traveling through the airwaves straight to Mick's brain, or if it had been planned all along, makes no difference. One has to wonder though, if it had been planned all along why wasn't he included in more songs from the outset? After all, they had plenty of time to rehearse more than one song (with MT) prior to this leg of the tour. No, it is more logical to think that the fans made the difference here. Nothing new, really. At least in recent times. They seem to be listening much more to their fans these days.

For once I think you might be right.

We also need to continuously rattle their cages for a new album. A great new album! With Mick Taylor! The worst that can happen is they say no.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 20:08

I would not say THIS thread, or site even for that matter, but Mick has a keen sense of the dollar, and there has been an overall outpouring that we don't want gimmicky guests, people are holding out for 85$ tix and if MT is there, use him. So as a collective voice that this site is no small part of....likely yes.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 21, 2013 20:10

JumpinJackOLantern
We also need to continuously rattle their cages for a new album. A great new album! With Mick Taylor! The worst that can happen is they say no.

i say there are worse things

Date: May 21, 2013 20:11

Mojoryder
I've been a keen follower of iorr.org for many years ... dating back to the B2B tour I think, but I've never posted before, because internet debating is a complete time waster in my mind, however I feel strongly enough about this topic that I gotta say something
The ONLY reason I am forking out $1300 for a pair of tickets to see the Stones in Toronto this week is a chance to see Mick Taylor perform with the band. They would have to be 30% that price for me to go see them otherwise (and no, I love Ronnie ... but I've already seen them ten times with him) ... I DO NOT want to see "special guests", not even Dave Grohl, especially not Katy Perry (really???), however I would make an exception for a giant like Bruce Springsteen ... I'm paying about $60 a song for a pair of tickets, please don't ram a pop idol down my throat in an effort to appear current ... you don't have to. I'm dreading they invite someone like Bieber to this week's TO show, 'cause it's his hometown. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY OF THESE PEOPLE, only Mick Taylor thank you very much. I was thrilled to see the setlist last night ... no pop idols .. just MT ... I've been saying since the beginning if they only added "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" to "Rambler", I would be thrilled ... but the added bonus of "SWAY"???? Holy crap!!! This gives me renewed optimism for Saturday's Toronto show ... here's hoping!!!

Please remember one thing, IORR is far more than a mere discussion board. It is a direct link to the Rolling Stones. So if you are interested in a new album let your voice be heard on the "We Want A New Album In 2014" thread. It would be much appreciated.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 21, 2013 20:16

JumpinJackOLantern
Mojoryder

Please remember one thing, IORR is far more than a mere discussion board. It is a direct link to the Rolling Stones. So if you are interested in a new album let your voice be heard on the "We Want A New Album In 2014" thread. It would be much appreciated.

actually, in the real world that many of us live in, iorr is just a mere discussion board.

Date: May 21, 2013 20:22

Sodo if the Stones are god, then IORR is the pope? Wait.....Clapton is god.........I'm confused

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 21, 2013 20:29

I realy think this thread is being seen by the ''right'' people who can change things,as was proved at Staples.
Three songs would be great,four was so unexpected in my eyes, and now,hopefully, it can only get better.
Just MT as guest .
The pure musical ability and knowledge of how to play in the Rolling Stones by these 3 guys playing guitar.
That's all that's needed to start making this the most memorable tour for decades. winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 20:29

GRNRBITW
JumpinJackOLantern
Mojoryder

actually, in the real world that many of us live in, iorr is just a mere discussion board.

You mean, the real world of low self esteem? Stop putting limitations on yourself! Stand tall, be proud, let's work!

Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than FOUR songs please
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 20:40

Sway (with Mick Taylor)
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (with Mick Taylor)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

So nice to see (and hear). Keep it going.

Stop Breaking Down (with Mick Taylor) would be a great add.

(and I fixed the thread's title for ya)

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 20:46 by camper88.

Date: May 21, 2013 21:14

I think four is about right. A little rotation......Satisfaction isn't a classic Taylor song, s o there is plenty of wiggle room. I am so glad he is around, but I don't don't want The Rolling Stones featuring Mick Taylor.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 21, 2013 21:25

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 01:13 by His Majesty.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 21, 2013 21:34

I'd be surprised if he's featured that heavily before Hyde Park. The show at Staples last night may have been a warm-up and testing ground. It would seem logical he'd get more songs at Hyde Park because of the history of him making his first public appearance with the band there. They may also document it on film and release it. If they use him a lot prior to Hyde Park, it would lessen the impact of a Hyde Park re-emergence storyline and publicity. I could be wrong and he really should play more, but they may have other plans in mind. Of course, they may just have him do nothing but "Midnight Rambler" the rest of the way, including Hyde Park. It will be interesting to see how he's used after last night.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:52

Time for me to way in!!! I'm dieing over the fact that I went to the 1st show here in LA, and at the last LA show Taylor's get's (4) songs and Sway & CYHMK!!!!!
But happier than HELL that he's included in 4 now!

Can't wait to hear them by the time they hit Hyde Park!!!!

One very happy Taylor Fan after all these years of begging!!!!!

MLC

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:52

The Stones are kind of like another British institution - the Royal Family. Sir Mick and Keef have allowed the former young Prince MickT to return to the fold but it is rolled out in a very conscious methodical manner so as to acknowledge the politics. Prince Mick T is alotted one, then two and then four titles. He must earn his way back in. Prince Ron must not be slighted but he goes back with Prince Mick T from before either knew Sir Mick and Keef.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:31

We want Bill Wyman.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:32

Georges
We want Bill Wyman.

We want Bill Wyman on more than two songs.

Date: May 22, 2013 01:55

Georges
We want Bill Wyman.

We had him. I doubt we will see him again. Except for on the DVD.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:58

JumpinJackOLantern
Mojoryder

is it too late to talk to them about dirty work? is IORR capable of traveling back in time? i'm still learning about its vast powers beyond being a mere discussion board.

Date: May 22, 2013 02:04

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern
Mojoryder

is it too late to talk to them about dirty work? is IORR capable of traveling back in time? i'm still learning about its vast powers beyond being a mere discussion board.

The only thing I would remove from Dirty Work is Back To Zero. Other than that it's a damn good Stones album.

Date: May 22, 2013 02:10

There really has never been a bad Stones album in my opinion. Satanic was my all time favorite Stones album until it was surpassed recently by the Some Girls bonus tracks. I think Bridges is as good as anything the Stones have ever done. Everything else they have done has been damn good to great. ABB is about ten years away from becoming damn good. It will happen, just you wait and see.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:40

THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:45

JumpinJackOLantern
There really has never been a bad Stones album in my opinion. Satanic was my all time favorite Stones album until it was surpassed recently by the Some Girls bonus tracks. I think Bridges is as good as anything the Stones have ever done. Everything else they have done has been damn good to great. ABB is about ten years away from becoming damn good. It will happen, just you wait and see.

i actually wasn't seeking to turn a thread deservedly focused on mick taylor to the topic of "dirty work" and the disappointments following, what i wanted you to address was the powers your ascribe to IORR beyond being a simple discussion board.

Date: May 22, 2013 02:46

BustedButton
THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!

Yes, indeed. We are just so damn lucky as fans to have a band that is still rolling after 50 years. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go to 55 or even 60. Seems impossible, but with the Stones, all things are possible.

Date: May 22, 2013 02:59

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

i actually wasn't seeking to turn a thread deservedly focused on mick taylor to the topic of "dirty work" and the disappointments following, what i wanted you to address was the powers your ascribe to IORR beyond being a simple discussion board.

There is magic at play here that I won't go into at the moment. Maybe this coming Halloween night. We shall see.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:50

I am so happy that MJ and KR gave MT a very legitimate participation in the show. Kudos to the Stones.

MT has had a hard life since leaving the Stones. He is obviously not a tough operator like many of the remaining Stones. However, he was part of their past and a highly talented individual.

I think last night answered two points:

1. MT answered all reasonable critics that he is one of the top guitarists in the world to deliver in such a tough environment; and
2. The Stones did show respect and even some caring. They know in terms of lead guitar, MT is a star.

KUDOS TO THE STONES!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home