Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Should Ronnie Sit It Out During Mick T Numbers?
Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:32

It is forbidden to criticize Ronnie and (try) to compare... the incomparable ? smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:33

I am glad that you were able to move forward. You are correct, Taylor is not in the band and hasn't been since 1974. Bill hasn't been in the band since 1993. (Probably 1991 is more accurate). But it also STUPID (to use your word) to not be excited at the possibility of Mick Taylor, or Bill for that matter, being a part, in some way, with what's left of the Stones.

Mick Taylor quit the band, yes, but his virtuosity and (Charlie's word) lyricism, was never replaced. Mick Taylor made his mark in the foundation sound of the group. The far heights of what they achieved musically were done mostly in the Taylor era. Just as Bill's bass playing is THE bass sound for the Rolling Stones, with just a few exceptions played by Keith. (And some of those are imitative of Bill's style).

And screw the notion that one person's ideas are stupid, and yours are not. Yours have no validity than mine or anyone elses.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:34

Max'sKansasCity
roby
I don't live in denial that Taylor quit a long time ago. I just want him to come back for a whole show.

Taylor quit. He is not in the band. He will have a 2 song guest spot. Why not enjoy that as opposed to whining for more and bashing on Ronnie?

I totally agree. I saw Taylor in 72. It was along time ago and my memory is vague. people that have a soft spot for him bought The Stones records after he was out of the band. I wonder how many people here actually saw him.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:36

24FPS
I am glad that you were able to move forward. You are correct, Taylor is not in the band and hasn't been since 1974. Bill hasn't been in the band since 1993. (Probably 1991 is more accurate). But it also STUPID (to use your word) to not be excited at the possibility of Mick Taylor, or Bill for that matter, being a part, in some way, with what's left of the Stones.

Mick Taylor quit the band, yes, but his virtuosity and (Charlie's word) lyricism, was never replaced. Mick Taylor made his mark in the foundation sound of the group. The far heights of what they achieved musically were done mostly in the Taylor era. Just as Bill's bass playing is THE bass sound for the Rolling Stones, with just a few exceptions played by Keith. (And some of those are imitative of Bill's style).

And screw the notion that one person's ideas are stupid, and yours are not. Yours have no validity than mine or anyone elses.

Dude from your trolling on that grateful thread to your incessant bashing Ronnie leaves you very little room to act as if you are trying to get along.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 23:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:36

Max'sKansasCity
I honestly feel sorry for the poor people who cling to notion that Taylor is still in this band, those who live in denial that he quit a long time ago. How sad for them. I am glad that I was able to move forward and have a good time, too bad it was ruined for those stuck in the past.

Hopefully the 2 songs where they wheel Taylor out will make them feel a little better about things, maybe make them feel like they are in high school again.

Isn't it a comforting idea they are all stuck in he past?
Let's face it, they are a coverband by now.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:41

71Tele
It isn't necessary...If they wanted to be really creative with the guitar parts, there is something for everyone to do. Taylor should be on at least half the show, if not more, but that would require more rehearsal to blend the parts well. It could be done, but it looks like they will use him more as a "special guest", rather than as the band member who played on those songs, or who defined them live. I would love to hear SFM, Brown Sugar, etc., with the three-guitar line up.

Yes. What happened to one or more acoustic guitar(s)? Ronnie on pedal steel? I've said before...Lots of possibilities without going into all electric guitar overload. I feel like a sucker. Against my better judgment, I am getting excited thinking about the possibilities.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:48

Max'sKansasCity
roby
I don't live in denial that Taylor quit a long time ago. I just want him to come back for a whole show.

Taylor quit. He is not in the band. He will have a 2 song guest spot. Why not enjoy that as opposed to whining for more and bashing on Ronnie?

Nice to agree with you for once Max!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:51

VT22
Max'sKansasCity
I honestly feel sorry for the poor people who cling to notion that Taylor is still in this band, those who live in denial that he quit a long time ago. How sad for them. I am glad that I was able to move forward and have a good time, too bad it was ruined for those stuck in the past.

Hopefully the 2 songs where they wheel Taylor out will make them feel a little better about things, maybe make them feel like they are in high school again.

Borg?
McEnroe?

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:54

24FPS

Well said!! Remember people here are very thin skinned.

Date: April 29, 2013 23:54

JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
roby

It was bound to happen at some point.

Date: April 30, 2013 00:01

Munichhilton
VT22
Max'sKansasCity

Borg?
McEnroe?

Want to compare Wood to Federer?grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 30, 2013 00:04

VT22
Munichhilton
VT22
Max'sKansasCity

Borg?
McEnroe?

Sure. They both are just a touch past there prime but very good at what they do...Borg. McEnroe. Federer. That makes Charlie a Sampras?

Date: April 30, 2013 01:10

Charlie's gotta be Wilander. The cool, calm and collectiveness!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:18

JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
roby

Someone quitting isn't a death sentence and I am amazed at the few people here who are hostile to the idea of Taylor (an actual Rolling Stone, after all) playing with them now, based on the bizarre logic that his quitting the band somehow negates his contributions, or should make us less excited to see and hear him with the band. Talk about "negativity"!

Date: April 30, 2013 01:23

Munichhilton
VT22
Munichhilton
VT22
Max'sKansasCity

Borg?
McEnroe?

Sure. They both are just a touch past there prime but very good at what they do...Borg. McEnroe. Federer. That makes Charlie a Sampras?

No, I vote for Billy Cobham. Sorry to get OT.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:26

71Tele
JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
roby

Someone quitting isn't a death sentence and I am amazed at the few people here who are hostile to the idea of Taylor (an actual Rolling Stone, after all) playing with them now, based on the bizarre logic that his quitting the band somehow negates his contributions, or should make us less excited to see and hear him with the band. Talk about "negativity"!
He will have a 2 song guest spot.Why not enjoy that as opposed to whining for more ?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:34

Max'sKansasCity
24FPS

Dude from your trolling on that grateful thread to your incessant bashing Ronnie leaves you very little room to act as if you are trying to get along.

'Dude', your half-ass accurate. Yeah, I don't like the Dead. This is a ROLLING STONES blog. And I've never bashed Ronnie that I remember. Darryl yes, Ronnie no. My assessment of Wood is pretty much the same as Charlie, good utility player, no real highs. I usually ignore negative comments unless they get personal. And some people here have been calling other people, or their ideas, stupid. That's when the mirror returns to their face and asks the question what gives them the right?

Date: April 30, 2013 01:34

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
roby

He will have a 2 song guest spot.Why not enjoy that as opposed to whining for more ?

I agree with you! (though it may be 3 or 4 songs). I am certainly not whining. I would prefer that he be integrated in a 3-guitar attack on maybe 50% of the show. But I'm thrilled to have him, whatever they end up doing together.

I just don't get your particular hostility to Taylor playing with them when it's such a big thrill for so many fans. You are the one complaining all the time about the negativity of others. Why not just relax and enjoy our excitement of having Taylor back (even if you don't share it), rather than continuing to dump on him and continuing to remind us that he quit (we know!). Why is "Taylor-bashing" any better than the "Ronnie-bashing" you complain about so often?...Just a thought.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 01:36 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:36

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
roby

I agree with you! (though it may be 3 or 4 songs). I am certainly not whining. I would prefer that he be integrated in a 3-guitar attack on maybe 50% of the show. But I'm thrilled to have him, whatever they end up doing together.

I just don't get your particular hostility to Taylor playing with them when it's such a big thrill for so many fans. You are the one complaining all the time about the negativity of others. Why not just relax and enjoy our excitement of having Taylor back, rather than continuing to dump on him and continuing to remind us that he quite (we know!). Whay is "Taylor-bashing" any better than the "Ronnie-bashing" you complain about so often?...Just a thought.

Uh, are you blind to the hostility towrds Ronnie? Go fix that and we will talk.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:37

Seems daft to have him travel about with them and only have him play on a few songs. He's there, get him on for the whole set if he wants to.

They could easily make it work and it would certainly make for an interesting twist on the somewhat tired touring formula.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:38

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
roby

I just don't get your particular hostility to Taylor playing with them when it's such a big thrill for so many fans. You are the one complaining all the time about the negativity of others. Why not just relax and enjoy our excitement of having Taylor back, rather than continuing to dump on him and continuing to remind us that he quite (we know!). Whay is "Taylor-bashing" any better than the "Ronnie-bashing" you complain about so often?...Just a thought.

Uh, are you blind to the hostility towrds Ronnie? Go fix that and we will talk.

No, read my post. I didn't say that. What I said was Taylor-bashing is no better. It's the freaking Rolling Stones! We get six of them this time! I plan on enjoying all of it. Why can't you?

Date: April 30, 2013 01:39

The more I hear all this stupid Taylor talk from crazed Taylorites ( perpertually stuck in high school mentality?) the more I wouldnt care if his fat ass was booted from the tour completely.

WTF? It starts with have lumpy guest on a song, and soon heads towards the title of this dumbass thread. FK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

It would be nice to see him... but people wont stop with 2 songs... and fk that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 01:42 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:42

He'll probably get 4 or 5 songs. I think that will be wise of Mick, regarding how he sees the show (acts). The opening, some obscure ones, the cover section, Taylor's spot and the war horses.

Jagger can't win anyhow. He's trying to please everyone...

Date: April 30, 2013 01:43

Max'sKansasCity
The more I hear all this stupid Taylor talk from crazed Taylorites ( perpertually stuck in high school mentality?) the more I wish his fat ass was booted from the tour completely.

WTF? It starts with have lumpy guest on a song, and soon heads towards the title of this dumbass thread. FK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

The real issue is your hostility and negativity to a member of the band. You should look in the mirror the next time you get the urge to take to this site to lecture the rest of us about "negativity". It's highly ironic that you accuse others of a "high school mentality" and then go on to use grade-school level insults against Taylor in the very next sentence.

If this makes you so irrationally crazed, why participate in this thread in the first place?

You hate Taylor. WE GET IT. Move on.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:44

Taylor will feel Mick's boot the moment he starts his canceling dates schtick.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:45

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
The more I hear all this stupid Taylor talk from crazed Taylorites ( perpertually stuck in high school mentality?) the more I wish his fat ass was booted from the tour completely.

The real issue is your hostility and negativity to a member of the band. You should look in the mirror the next time you get the urge to take to this site to lecture the rest of us about "negativity". It's highly ironic that you accuse others of a "high school mentality" and then go on to use grade-school level insults against Taylor in the very next sentence.

If this makes you so irrationally crazed, why participate in this thread in the first place?

No the issue is your hostility and hated of everything except Taylor.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:46

yes!

Date: April 30, 2013 01:46

And btw- Taylor is a guest... not a member of The Rolling Stones. Taylor quit, remember? Oh thats right, you are in denial of that FACT.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:49

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Which of course, simply isn't true, and a figment of your rather fevered imagination. If you recall, I paid big bucks to see them in Brooklyn without Taylor. It was a great show, and I specifically complimented Wood on his playing on this very site.

You are entitled to your opinion. All I ask is that you refrain from assigning me mine. I am perfectly capable of expressing it myself.

I really can't understand the hostility Max. It seems to me Stones fans would be thrilled to have Taylor back - for one song, two songs, or for a whole show. If you are not, great, but why not let the rest of us enjoy ourselves?

I don't want to fight you, I am just really puzzled by your attitude, and I find it very inconsistent with your admonishments to others to avoid negativity. Seems like you would want to follow your own advice.

Date: April 30, 2013 01:51

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Which of course, simply isn't true, and a figment of your rather fevered imagination. If you recall, I paid big bucks to see them in Brooklyn without Taylor. It was a great show, and I specifically complimented Wood on his playing on this very site.

You are entitled to your opinion. All I ask is that you refrain from assigning me mine. I am perfectly capable of expressing it myself.

I really can't understand the hostility Max. It seems to me Stones fans would be thrilled to have Taylor back - for one song, two songs, or for a whole show. If you are not, great, but why not let the rest of us enjoy ourselves?

I don't want to fight you, I am just really puzzled by your attitude, and I find it very inconsistent with your admonishments to others to avoid negativity. Seems like you would want to follow your own advice.

I wasnt even addressing you until you came at me, I know how crazy you get if anyone even mentions your hero Taylor. I try to stay away from that type of crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 01:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home