Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:37

Then again... if they were looking for press, this creates more buzz than the old way... so who knows.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:39

loog droog
open-g

The lottery will be that random that they'll have grandma's who didn't even want to cross the street, inside the club.

If "grandma" is code for someone is too old--and therefore undeserving--to see the band, I think you need to get a closer look at the band.

Any die-hard fan who has been with them since the beginning is, or easily fans into the age-range of being a grandparent.

Better a room full of old fans whooping than young kids tweeting...

Nah, I'm not talking about 'age' here (I'm no spring chicken either) - rather about unsuspecting passers-by who gets a lottery ticket handed.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:39

JumpinJeppeFlash
Matt Lee is in. Not a big surprise with his connections to the band.

Who is Matt Lee? smiling smiley

Did BV get a ticket?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:42

Who the @#$%& is Matt Lee?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:47

mattleeuk

Congratulations and have fun!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:48

Matt Lee is "mattleeuk" here.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:49

So can anyone give us the lowdown on how the whole thing played out?

Any pics of the ticket?

At what time is the show supposed to start?

Posted by: Adrien ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:49

Hello.

For people without ticket, try to go to the concert place. Maybe you could enter if they do a "Trabendo present". On October I were to the Trabendo without ticket and they allowed me to enter without a ticket... Magic!

Sorry for my english.

Bye.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:52

gotdablouse

Any pics of the ticket?

It's on Matts Facebook and i dont think he had to take part in the lottery.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:56

Adrien
Hello.

For people without ticket, try to go to the concert place. Maybe you could enter if they do a "Trabendo present". On October I were to the Trabendo without ticket and they allowed me to enter without a ticket... Magic!

Sorry for my english.

Bye.

Awesome first post.thumbs up

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:57

Adrien
Hello.

Sorry for my english.

Bye.

Maybe they're full of it, but they're telling people not to go to the venue, that there will be no tickets at the door.

This is from the Facebook page...

"If you do not have a ticket please do not come to the venue. There will be no tickets available on the door."

But if you're in town and don't have any other pressing plans it probably wouldn't hurt to go down there. I'd probably just go stand around outside hoping to hear a few notes waft outside if it weren't for the fact I'm in Texas.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:58

The Trabendo has 2x the capacity according to Wikipedia so the 50 odd people they let in at the last minute (band invitations no shows most likely) would be far fewer, if at all, but can't hurt to show up!

JumpinJeppeFlash
gotdablouse

Any pics of the ticket?

It's on Matts Facebook and i dont think he had to take part in the lottery.

Doug's reposted it...so doors 7.30PM, and yes you can see an envelope with his name so it would be a band invite I guess, good for him!

That doesn't tell us how the whole lottery thing played out though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 01:01 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:59

mattleeuk
winking smiley that needs a shirt.

Have fun tonight !

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:01

NoCode0680
Sixsixseveneight
NoCode0680
Sixsixseveneight
maradona
Now this NewBuild dude twittered that they bargained the Stones will play at El Rey instead of Echoplex. "Satisfactory compromise all round" he says. What is going on here???????

Twittered? Christ this place is full of out of touch old farts...

Are you always a douchebag, or just on this site?

Only when I see people who have reportedly seen the Stones in excess of 47 times and think they are somehow entitled to every future show. Anyone who gets a ticket in place of them is branded a "dummy who only knows the hits".

This place started out very friendly, but its true colours have shown, becoming extremely egotistical and ignorant.

From what I can tell all you've done since you've been here is talk shit. Every message I've seen of yours is insulting somebody here.

May I ask, are you going to the Hyde Park show?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:02

The show will be live blogged from the Rolling Stones twitter account

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:03

Sixsixseveneight
May I ask, are you going to the Hyde Park show?

I will not be there. Would like to, but can't.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:07

Congrats to everyone who got in tonight, have a blast! It's killing me to be living in L.A. and not being able to even have tried for tickets as I'm home recovering from surgery. sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:10

Thru and Thru
Congrats to everyone who got in tonight, have a blast! It's killing me to be living in L.A. and not being able to even have tried for tickets as I'm home recovering from surgery. sad smiley

Nice message, apart from the surgery.

All the best to you.

Posted by: Adrien ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:11

Have a good concert tonight!

If you start me up, I'll never stop!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:11

Max'sKansasCity
No matter how people get their insider info, they work hard to get it, they pull the strings, find the angles, fly to the fkg city of the show, get in cabs to run around town looking for barricades, they spend lot of time doing it, they are not cheating, they are working hard to see a band they love, and if that band thinks it is smart to do an end run, trick play, lottery BS, fk them around, I bet in the long run, the band will think it not as smart.

And I say that never once seeing one of the cute little warm gigs, I dont give a fk, I didnt work it, but I dure hell respect the people who do, and did... and seeing them get fkd is not cool.

As I said, I bet at tonights show, Mick will see its wasnt so smart, not as much love, not as much fun...

Well written, MKC. They have a history of fckng their most loyal fans.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:13

sarahunwin
The show will be live blogged from the Rolling Stones twitter account
Cool,maybe we'll get the setlist that way........Now if they would just live stream it.grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:14

Have fun to those going. The rest will be looking for your posts.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:16

swiss
gotdablouse
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, so it seems like what tatters described, one number drawn and the block after that gets tickets...easy way to do it but not a real random draw...unless they handed out tickets at random originally?

Exactly! In my opinion, super well done and FAIR!

- line-jumpers weren't rewarded
- scalpers couldn't have their day
- random luck of the draw, which is what a lottery is

$20 to see the Rolling Stones in a 350-person club---amazing!!! The Stones did really well with this one!

- swiss
Sounds fair to me.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:23

I don't know about it being fair..I don;t think there is a fair way of doing it really, but it doesn;t seem fair that you could be the first in line and get nothing...maybe that's just becuase I;m English and it's the way we do things here.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()

Anyone lucky enough to have tix - rock the shit out of it and enjoy!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()

Max'sKansasCity
No matter how people get their insider info, they work hard to get it, they pull the strings, find the angles, fly to the fkg city of the show, get in cabs to run around town looking for barricades, they spend lot of time doing it, they are not cheating, they are working hard to see a band they love, and if that band thinks it is smart to do an end run, trick play, lottery BS, fk them around, I bet in the long run, the band will think it not as smart.

And I say that never once seeing one of the cute little warm gigs, I dont give a fk, I didnt work it, but I dure hell respect the people who do, and did... and seeing them get fkd is not cool.

As I said, I bet at tonights show, Mick will see its wasnt so smart, not as much love, not as much fun...

Word! thanks for this. For sure some people had insider knowledge, albeit from possibly sketchy sources.

But I'd say most of the first few hundred people in line - those who should have got in - just added 2 and 2 after reading this site. And supplemented it with some old-fashioned detective work. Last night, we jumped in the car, drove around town to various venues, asked people for tips, looked for telltale signs, and did the AEG corporate math. Then we got up at 4 a.m. and drove around some more, ending up at the El Rey.

Anyway, enough about me. People who cry "not fair!" get a bit boring after a while. It will be an interesting show, a super young crowd, and I hope they have fun.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:25

Adrien
Hello.

Did you have a gun?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:34

BV, Remember to update this list!

Date: April 28, 2013 01:38

A gun ?! This was Paris, not Texas ;-)

DeanGoodman
Max'sKansasCity

Word! thanks for this. For sure some people had insider knowledge, albeit from possibly sketchy sources.

But I'd say most of the first few hundred people in line - those who should have got in - just added 2 and 2 after reading this site. And supplemented it with some old-fashioned detective work. Last night, we jumped in the car, drove around town to various venues, asked people for tips, looked for telltale signs, and did the AEG corporate math. Then we got up at 4 a.m. and drove around some more, ending up at the El Rey.

Anyway, enough about me. People who cry "not fair!" get a bit boring after a while. It will be an interesting show, a super young crowd, and I hope they have fun.

Well said!

Not that it really matters (although it does for the "fairness") but if you get a chance can you fill us on the details on how it played out? Were the lottery tickets they were handing in random order? How were they handed out? People from AEG walking down the line or you picked them up at the box office?

Based on Doug's post on FB, the drawing took place at 2.15PM? They drew one number and then all those who were up from that number got a ticket? Was that 150? 200? More?

Thanks!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:43

To those that are attending tonight's show, I say don't worry about updating us in real time as to which songs they are playing. The Stones' twitter page will do that for us. Forget your phone for awhile and just enjoy the show smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home